criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Heroes Are Too Weak

Prev1
Heroes are insanely underpowered. Everytime people play with Heroes they hide because they know they will get killed after a few hits. Or if they're brave enough to go out into battle, they die after a minute of playing with them. Highly dissappointing, especially after saving up 5000 credits to use them. I suggest that Heroes be able to take significantly higher damage from blaster fire.

Replies

• I would like then to have some ability to push.

They're strong. But don't take much damage. When you're in the throne room maul is nearly useless. Getting shot from every direction and if you step out you'll get too much damage and have to step back in to hide
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Maul can take the heat. He is super fast and agile. Most people don't know that you can dash as Rey and Maul.

Many times I see hero running in killing one person and then they keep spamming melee attack or RUN up to next target while they get gunned down.
    Only the first strike has big range. After that melee heroes stay almost in place while attacking and becomes easy to gun down.
    I am willing to bet my left kidney that you are one of those people.

Mobility is a key. If you use dash to move around in fight you are
    A. closing the gap between targets faster
    B. dodging enemy fire

I honestly think heroes are just great but their abilities might need tweaking.
  • Bass27 wrote: »
    Heroes are insanely underpowered. Everytime people play with Heroes they hide because they know they will get killed after a few hits. Or if they're brave enough to go out into battle, they die after a minute of playing with them. Highly dissappointing, especially after saving up 5000 credits to use them. I suggest that Heroes be able to take significantly higher damage from blaster fire.

All you need is $200 dollars worth of loot boxes to beef up those stats. LOL
    But yeah, the hero's are severely low on health. Maul not being able to block is also a concern. Not to mention the fun in deflecting laser blasts being missed out on. This game is seemingly designed to inspire many micro transactions.
  • Maul doesn't need a block get good
  • Nithorian
    183 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Maul really doesn't need a block, he has something better, his leap. Also the block for Rey is quite well balanced she has a weird overheat system that ties into her attacks, so if she's just been attacking a bunch, her block wont last long, and if she's just blocked a barrage of fire from your team, she wont be able to cut you all down.

Rey works much better in the support role that's why she has the block, Maul is a hunter, he moves around at rapid speeds picking off his targets, if you out flank the enemy's line with Maul and use your dash and choke wisely, you can completely break their line with him.
  • I think heroes are perfect where they are. They're powerful while not being overwhelming so, so that bad play will get you killed very quickly but they can have a big effect on the match. And they have pretty different roles and playstyles.
    5k points isn't anywhere enough of an investment to give you a walking I win button or blaster sponge. Heck, at the start phase 2 Theed it's not uncommon to have several people waiting on the unit screen to grab a Hero. Since apparently they're too cool to spend their points on the other very helpful purchasables throughout the match.
  • Most of the heroes feel allright to me so far in their own ways. I've played Boba Fett the most though and the only tweaks I'd like to see for him would be slightly better blaster accuracy and also that he doesn't fall out of the sky any time you get tagged by a grenade. He allready takes the damage so I don't see why he also has to fall down to the ground like a flopping fish.
  • I'd like for Maul to have a very weak block, but it isn't needed.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • haftrabbit
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    i think we have to see more maps first for conclusion.

On this map they are really strong outside mostly because you barely run into large enough groups that can take you done. Inside with the nade spam and everything it really depends on your team if they can press W or not to have big influence with heroes.

But balancewise they dont seem overpowered nor weak.

Only thing i would like is to have them more expensive since especially as seperatists towards the end when the majority get to 5k points you suddenly play alone and lose because half your team is waiting in selectscreen and waits on their turn for hero.

i personally only take han solo/boba fett most of the time i get them between 2nd and 3rd point. especially as boba fett its fun to fly and sit on the roofs :D i dont like jedi that much especially when we get inside the palace
  • Depending on how you use them, Base Heroes are quite Overpowered, especially the Redhead
  • It seems that everyone agrees heroes were all overpowered in BF 2015, which impacted gameplay negatively. To me, it looks like EA did two things in BF2 to make sure heroes weren't as powerful: 1) reduced health so that it's much easier for normal soldiers/troopers to take down heroes, and 2) made heroes weaker so it's harder for heroes to take down normal soldiers/troopers (the reason why it now takes 2+ lightsaber strikes to kill normal soldiers in BF2). The result is exactly what EA wanted in BF2, less powerful heroes. The problem, in my opinion is that these heroes are now too weak.

In galactic assult, It often seems that individuals work very hard in order to earn enough battle points to purchase a hero just to die rather quickly. I will often go on multiple kill streaks with the explosive sentry to be able to buy Luke. Knowing I need to play extremely conservative (because i will die quickly if i don't), I often just run around the outskirts of maps just looking for a single enemy soldier to kill. He's very effective at this, but when you run into two or more people, you better sprint out of there as fast as possible because you'll die in two seconds. Just yesterday playing as Luke I ran into two enemy soldiers in a cave. I thought, I better not attack one soldier with the saber because the other will just unload blaster fire on me and kill me in two seconds. So, instead I force pushed both soldiers and then quickly repulsed both soldiers, but neither of them died! They both got up from the multiple force attacks and killed me immediately. I just thought this was sort of ridiculous. I knew the single force push wouldn't kill them, but the fact that two force moves didn't kill two regular soldiers is kind of foolish. I understand that the game is new and that players may have to get used to the new heroes. I also understand that I might not be as good as some other players. But this dude (Luke) is supposed to be one of the greatest jedis who ever lived but he can't even kill a regular soldier with BOTH force attacks.

I feel like this has to be changed and all heroes (not just Luke) need buffs. I recommend one of the following options: 1) Generously increase the health of all heroes, so when you run into two soldiers you actually have a chance at killing both of them before you die, 2) Drastically increase the offensive power of heroes while keeping health constant. For example, make Luke's force push and repulse able to kill regular soldiers (like it is in BF 2015). Another example, allow Vader's saber throw to kill regular soldiers in one throw (like it is in BF 2015).

Implementing one of the two changes above wouldn't mean that heroes will again be overpowered like in BF 2015 because if EA decides 1) Increase health, it would still take 2+ saber strikes to kill a regular soldier. However, if EA goes with 2) offensive buff, hero health would remain unchanged. For example, Luke's saber might now be a 1 hit kill, but he would still only have 700 health, making him still extremely vulnerable to even blaster fire.

One of these changes is necessary because there's no reason I should be getting 10+ kill streaks with a regular soldier, but whenever I play as hero or villain I can't even kill 4 dudes without getting destroyed.
  • I consistantly use dash, and I'm nearing 1k hours on the game. I can say light side heroes need buffing. They're way too weak. Especially Obi-Wan, half of the time his push just releases randomly and does no dmg. His defensive rush also needs to make him move quicker.
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited February 21
    I’d love for hero’s to go back to how powerful and rare they were in the last game.

Edit/ wait this thread is old as he double hockey sticks
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Agreed. And maul having a block is a no brainer, but that's a side issue, and the main dev already addressed he'll take a look at it. The problem I have is the clear imbalance some Heroes have over others in terms of kill potential, Useful abilities, and even star cards.

Take for instance obi-wan. He's already down the roster since he's a lightsaber user. Which means He can't ever get a good flank off since he's always on radar, and 80% of his attacks can be blocked by rolling, even by normal infantry. Which means the ttk with this type of Hero varies wildly depending on how spam happy the infantry player is. Which is primarily why nearly every saber user has trouble taking on more than one experienced trooper at a time.

To top it off His kit is incomplete. His push is admittedly trash on it's own with insanely bad hit detection and a crippling immobilizing effect in which your completely vulnerable to damage. You need to run cards for it to be even remotely viable since charging it is suicide. Not that you would, theres obviously better ones to run like Health on Kill, The extra damage, and the 400 regen threshold.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Similar arguments can be made for every other saber user except rey, who for all intents and purposes is the most effective saber Hero combat wise in the game. Her abilities nullify infantry roll abuse with a knockdown insta kill, and she has the ability to ambush them like any melee effectively should. Her mind trick can help end enemy Heroes or at least keep them at bay, still not a match for the emperor but impressive and fairly balanced nonetheless.

Compare that to emperor palpatine who is hands down the most powerful Villain combat wise in the Game. With The cards that augment his base attack and increase the Health he can regen He becomes a powerhouse that infantry rightly run from when seen on radar. He can effectively one-shot 5-7 troopers in basically one button press, can move very rapidly across the map, and no viable Hero or enforcer can effectively put him down, without high risk of death. You basically have to play gimmicky underpowered stun characters or Aimbots in GA which acts as double edged sword because you yourself will eventually be taken down if played too aggressively.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Seems a little broken to me, why spend the battle points on a Hero like chewie when you know you'll get a lot more mileage out of Rey, Yoda, or Han for the same price? This is why I loved the Heroes Unleashed Event, I finally got to play underused Heroes like chewbacca and Lando because their BP cost actually reflected their battlefield effectiveness.

That, in a nut shell is whats wrong with Heroes atm.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Don't even get me started on blaster Heroes and non-force users. In general 150 regen was a stupid idea from the get go. Should be at base 200 minimum. This really hurts Heroes like chewbacca and phasma who have their regen cards on two useless abilities. You basically have to take damage to heal at that point. Needs attention.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    Maul doesn't need a block get good

Careful now...
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • All lighsaber heroes and villians should have block capabilities, Maul and Yoda included. For Yoda's block, hold down both L1 and R1 for light saber block. In that case, you can keep absortion.
  • Heroes are fine. You're not a one-man army. You're a key figure that just might help tip the scales in your favour.

Look at the map, the phase, what the next will be, and plan your pick accordingly. A few are good. Some are ok. Many are useless.

If you just pick the first saber you can think of, rush into a chokepoint and mash R2, you're going to die, justifiably so.

And also keep in mind that there are 19 other players on your team. It's rare that all of them are together at any given time, but they're there. You might have abilities that make them stronger, or something you can do to make their enemies in a chokepoint weaker.

It is never just about you, even if you got a hero.

HvV is somewhat different, but the moral is much the same. Stick together and you'll do fine. Being a Hero does not make you an invincible god. Nor should it.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • No. Some are undeniably underpowered in GA and need buffs, no amount of cherry picked tactics or team play overshadows that, and it needs to and will be addressed. Nobodys talking about taking out a room full of enemies as a saber and expecting to live, just some grievances with ineffective abilities, unless starcards, and dodge rolling.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • thread is old but the gitgud is still strong.

It's an older thread but it checks out
  • I can take on the entire empire myself
  • Stinger. Pistol.

Oops, wrong thread.

• mastery0ta wrote: »
    I can take on the entire empire myself

Dice nerf this man please!
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    I somewhat agree. Some heroes are the only units i can think of that can be rendered 100% useless depending on the map or phase. Like Luke on Crait, all you need is a couple AT-STs on the surface and maybe one Flametrooper in the tunnels and there is very little he can do without getting killed instantly or losing 400+ health. I understand that heroes are made with limitations and should not excel at everything but instead pick their engagements accordingly, but i fail to see the point of having something cost 4500 credits just to end up being a worse pick than a regular trooper cause you can't fight from a distance and are marked on the the radar 24/7.

750+ Health or not, nothing can save you from my SE-44C... or Scatter gun... or Sentry. Hero health just melts so fast as of late...
    17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

At this point i feel like Vader is the only redeemable lightsaber wielder and in my opinion... should be the standard. And i can still obliterate him quite easily unless the player REALLY knows what he's doing and i don't bring any backup with me. And 150 health regeneration is still a joke...
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • AVGN wrote: »
    I somewhat agree. Some heroes are the only units i can think of that can be rendered 100% useless depending on the map or phase. Like Luke on Crait, all you need is a couple AT-STs on the surface and maybe one Flametrooper in the tunnels and there is very little he can do without getting killed instantly or losing 400+ health. I understand that heroes are made with limitations and should not excel at everything but instead pick their engagements accordingly, but i fail to see the point of having something cost 4500 credits just to end up being a worse pick than a regular trooper cause you can't fight from a distance and are marked on the the radar 24/7.

750+ Health or not, nothing can save you from my SE-44C... or Scatter gun... or Sentry. Hero health just melts so fast as of late...
    17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

At this point i feel like Vader is the only redeemable lightsaber wielder and in my opinion... should be the standard. And i can still obliterate him quite easily unless the player REALLY knows what he's doing and i don't bring any backup with me. And 150 health regeneration is still a joke...

Noobs
  • Hehehe

• Bandicoot wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

Dice nerf this man please!

HUEHUEHUE EAs tyranny will never corrupt me

17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

You know we have 10 heroes per side, if you instapick luke in every map that's on you, then some advice, you never ever go toe to toe with a flame trooper, you don't use heroes carelessly, don't expect to survive that way, sometimes you need to to push that final objective but that's it
  • mastery0ta wrote: »

What about the First Order, can you take them on with a laser sword?
  • Bass27 wrote: »

I think the solution could be to higher the health on heroes in GA with like 200 or 150. And then keep it as it is right now in HvV.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

What about the First Order, can you take them on with a laser sword?

First I need to go to toshe station and pick up some power converters. Come with?

17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

Imagine if you would've picked Finn, granted Big Deals to all your teammates in the tunnels, and then provided infinite blaster cooling and 50% damage reduction as they fire on the AT-M6, and promptly carried your team to victory in P1.

...Yeah, I know. He doesn't have a lightsaber. :(
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"

17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

Noobs

may as well post clips of me killing AFKers as proof that heroes are bad
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• AVGN
    508 posts Member
    AVGN wrote: »

17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

You know we have 10 heroes per side, if you instapick luke in every map that's on you, then some advice, you never ever go toe to toe with a flame trooper, you don't use heroes carelessly, don't expect to survive that way, sometimes you need to to push that final objective but that's it

"I understand that heroes are made with limitations and should not excel at everything but instead pick their engagements accordingly, but i fail to see the point of having something cost 4500 credits just to end up being a worse pick than a regular trooper".

The problem with Flametroopers and Luke is that they can still burn you while lying on the floor after a Push/Repulse. Not a balance issue, no need for nerfs/buffs, just some good old bug fixing.

As for Luke himself, i still think he needs either better damage output or survivability (damage reduction or higher health regen). But hey, i'm a Luke fanboy, it seems so...

What were they thinking?
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »

17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

Imagine if you would've picked Finn, granted Big Deals to all your teammates in the tunnels, and then provided infinite blaster cooling and 50% damage reduction as they fire on the AT-M6, and promptly carried your team to victory in P1.

...Yeah, I know. He doesn't have a lightsaber. :(

Not a big fan of Finn... Leia is my main for Crait, you probably know why.

What were they thinking?
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member

17wvb0u0855l.gif
    eilqluxf9wt7.gif
    34dbylryg4cd.gif

Noobs

may as well post clips of me killing AFKers as proof that heroes are bad

"At this point i feel like Vader is the only redeemable lightsaber wielder and in my opinion... should be the standard. And i can still obliterate him quite easily unless the player REALLY knows what he's doing and i don't bring any backup with me".

Very condescending comment, dude... but OK, i understand.

What were they thinking?
  • "At this point i feel like Vader is the only redeemable lightsaber wielder and in my opinion... should be the standard. And i can still obliterate him quite easily unless the player REALLY knows what he's doing and i don't bring any backup with me".

Vaders never been the same ever since his nerfs to his focused rage. He's best played now with the increased saber throw range. The damage reduction should return as his ultimate, with the fueling the rage effect coupled in it.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    "At this point i feel like Vader is the only redeemable lightsaber wielder and in my opinion... should be the standard. And i can still obliterate him quite easily unless the player REALLY knows what he's doing and i don't bring any backup with me".

Vaders never been the same ever since his nerfs to his focused rage. He's best played now with the increased saber throw range. The damage reduction should return as his ultimate, with the fueling the rage effect coupled in it.

Be careful what you wish for...
    aadcaueg4nn1.jpg

What were they thinking?
  • "At this point i feel like Vader is the only redeemable lightsaber wielder and in my opinion... should be the standard. And i can still obliterate him quite easily unless the player REALLY knows what he's doing and i don't bring any backup with me".

Vader is fine only thing he needs is furious resilience to do 150 damage & damage reduction on choke to be 90%.
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member

Vader is fine only thing he needs is furious resilience to do 150 damage & damage reduction on choke to be 90%.

I'd be fine with 40%, but hey! The more the better. Now let's talk about Repulse, shall we?

What were they thinking?

I'd be fine with 40%, but hey! The more the better. Now let's talk about Repulse, shall we?

Omg I forgot lol luke should be invincible while using repulse
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member

Haha, i know it sounds stupid, but dude... the ability sucks...

What were they thinking?
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 23

Be careful what you wish for...

As his ultimate, key word here. An 84 kill streak on vader nowadays only works in those lobbies where the top player only has 15 elims... This attitude here of tip toeing around buffs is honestly whats holding this game back, especially when anakin is being released in a state where even on paper he clearly addresses all the shortfalls with the sabers we have now. No more roll infantry spam, can take a vanguard, Animations aren't free damage, ect.

xnvLDB.gif

Haha, i know it sounds stupid, but dude... the ability sucks...

Oh know I'm with you bro. I was being serious 😂 that's how much I hate repulse

No. It's not fine for anakin to have more base and Max HP than vader as well as regen. Side by side all the other Heroes are ***** compared to Anakin, and what little niches they have they're still overshadowed. Slightly less block stamina against sabers is nothing, it not working half the time all the reason more. Choke should go back to how it was in the last game. Free fire, and a brief stun that immediately lifts and drops heroes.

At the very least it should kill infantry outright.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • The more EA/DICE move to release newer, better Heroes & Villains, the more I want all Galactic Assaults to be Hero/Villain-less.

What used to be a game of teamwork with grunts is quickly digressing in to a game of mindless Heroes & Villains sweeping the landscape for weak grunts to beat-up. You very rarely see a hero/villain go toe-to-toe with a competent Enforcer or Battledroid - typically, the hero (hahahaha.. ) hastily retreats to a Safe Space like a wuss to refresh when the Force has not been enough to dispose of her/his opponent.

If I were DICE/EA, I would not put grunts on the radar screens of any hero or villain. I'd only place OTHER heroes / villains on their radar maps. And limit mobility to something less than what it is today. No need for Escape Velocity if you're a HERO, right?
  • More star cards and ability cards for classes and for heroes !