criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do you think this would be a better way to do battlepoints?

I like the idea of spending points in game and the fact that no one camps on a hero token, but I feel the beta battlepoint system favored better players and in essence, making them even better like a killsttreak bonus. I'm pretty decent at FPS held my own in the beta so I'm not arguing this for myself, but I've had friends quit games when they're too hard or don't feel like they're contributing.

Here's the idea (with made up numbers). Let me know what you think. Have the battle points roll over up to a maximum. Let's say a good player will get 5000 points in a match on average and a terrible player will get 2,000. Let unused points roll over up to a maximum of say 8,000. This won't benefit good players much since they get 5,000 points per match anyway, but for the terrible player, they can save up and have every 3rd or 4th round be a round where they can jump into the hero or otherwise spend, spend, spend. Thoughts?

Replies

  • Don’t think they should roll over it that changes everything.

    Definitely needs some improvements though especially allowing not so good players to have access to heros.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Don’t think they should roll over it that changes everything.

    Definitely needs some improvements though especially allowing not so good players to have access to heros.

    I don't think it would really change anything since the good players are spending every round anyway. It would allow the terrible players to have a "spending" round every 3rd or 4th match.
  • BlowMeow wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Don’t think they should roll over it that changes everything.

    Definitely needs some improvements though especially allowing not so good players to have access to heros.

    I don't think it would really change anything since the good players are spending every round anyway. It would allow the terrible players to have a "spending" round every 3rd or 4th match.
    I guess something like this could work.
  • Or they could play a hero mode. If the points roll over like that then just about everyone in the game will have enough for heros fairly quickly. Not enough heros to go around unless you just turn infantry mode into a hero/villain mode. Good players are still going get the points quickly. If they spend their points at 8k then after they die they will only have 2k to go instead of 5k.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I've always been a fan of battle points rolling over. I'm a player who is only decent at multiplayer games and I found my self eternally frustrated when playing Galactic Assault. Never touched a hero the whole BETA and it was annoying, to be honest. I also hate Heroes vs Villains - I think the concept is cheesy and immersion breaking. However, I'd love to play as a hero every once and awhile on the big multiplayer game modes, but I think I can kiss those dreams goodbye with the current setup.
  • I think it's a pretty good idea actually. If the points just kept rolling over and there was no max then that would be REALLY bad, but with a max amount of points, it could work.
  • Technically, I made a post about how to fix the Star Card system by incorporating them into the BP system; adding another layer of strategy, economic risk vs reward. The base prices of everything is adjusted lower and using cards in any loadout would increase the price.

    This indirectly allows player's to get the heroes/reinforcements/etc quicker but lacking in any meaningful power boost. A better player can get the aforementioned class with more power if saving up more BP. What do I know though, my post was trashed only a few days after... (it was going so well actually)
  • NewRecruit wrote: »
    Technically, I made a post about how to fix the Star Card system by incorporating them into the BP system; adding another layer of strategy, economic risk vs reward. The base prices of everything is adjusted lower and using cards in any loadout would increase the price.

    This indirectly allows player's to get the heroes/reinforcements/etc quicker but lacking in any meaningful power boost. A better player can get the aforementioned class with more power if saving up more BP. What do I know though, my post was trashed only a few days after... (it was going so well actually)

    That's an interesting concept, but I personally wouldn't like it. If you work really hard and unlock good star cards, I don't think you should be penalized for using them.
  • BlowMeow wrote: »

    I don't think it would really change anything since the good players are spending every round anyway. It would allow the terrible players to have a "spending" round every 3rd or 4th match.

    I don't think it would be good to have battle points rollover, because then you're going to make it even harder for everyone to get the hero, as more people would have the points necessary to purchase a hero, and would simply spam the hero button at the start, and later in the game.
  • Elisabeth
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Seems like a really poor idea. It'd be annoying as heck to have people whipping out reinforcements and vehicles at the start of the round just so that little Timmy could have his turn playing as Kylo Ren.
    The beta alone had its own annoying problems with people waiting to get "their turn" as a hero instead of spending their points throughout the match. It'd also give a big advantage to those who played the previous round over those who are just joining for the upcoming one.
  • I would hate to see reinforcement and heroes at the begining of every game
  • BlowMeow wrote: »

    I don't think it would really change anything since the good players are spending every round anyway. It would allow the terrible players to have a "spending" round every 3rd or 4th match.

    I don't think it would be good to have battle points rollover, because then you're going to make it even harder for everyone to get the hero, as more people would have the points necessary to purchase a hero, and would simply spam the hero button at the start, and later in the game.

    True. I thought of that as well and was going to mention it, but decided not too. This could be fixed by having a time limit or kill limit as the hero. Or you can't claim a hero if you were the hero in the match before. Something along those lines...
  • Personally I think get rid of battle points. Make larger maps that fit vehicles and have vehicles on the map.

    Actually maybe keep battlepoints for jump pack troopers?

    And last but not least make heroes random again.

    Even if in the form of tokens. You can always change up their locations, spawn times, etc.
  • Elisabeth wrote: »
    Seems like a really poor idea. It'd be annoying as heck to have people whipping out reinforcements and vehicles at the start of the round just so that little Timmy could have his turn playing as Kylo Ren.
    The beta alone had its own annoying problems with people waiting to get "their turn" as a hero instead of spending their points throughout the match. It'd also give a big advantage to those who played the previous round over those who are just joining for the upcoming one.

    Fair point, but I don't see that being a big deal since they either have a strong character in the beginning, middle or end, but not all the way through (as long as heroes are nerfed in some way (time limit, kill max, etc.). Plus, there could be strategy there... as in the other team starts with a lot of good characters ...so do you spend your points to fight fire with fire or try to get past the first checkpoint and bring your strong guys at the end of the match?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!