criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Some Star Cards for Rey and Darth Maul

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited October 2017
Here's a short list of Star Cards that will be available to Rey and Maul on launch day. I'm not sure if this is the total Star Cards they have or if this is just a few cards that will be available. I would assume, and hope, that there are more options available. Anyway...

Rey: Star Card will increase the radius of Insight, Star Card will increase the radius of Mind Trick, Star Card will increase the duration of Mind Trick on enemies that are marked by Insight, and Star Card that allows Rey to drain less stamina through blocking. I believe Rey's passive is: Rey has unlimited stamina for a duration when a meter is full

Darth Maul: Star Card will increase Furious Throw distance, Star Card will increase Furious Throw speed, Star Card will increase distance enemies are thrown with Choke, and Star Card will apply a reduced damage effect to Darth Maul while using the Spin Attack. I believe Maul's trait is: Darth Maul lowers his ability cooldowns as he consecutively kills enemies.

Replies

• Sounds dope.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • For Maul, is that his base-passive, or is it free to be changed? Like, can he have an entirely different passive, like you can have entirely different passives for your infantry, or is it a set-in-stone passive and you can only modify it's aspects?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    Those sound pretty cool!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • For Maul, is that his base-passive, or is it free to be changed? Like, can he have an entirely different passive, like you can have entirely different passives for your infantry, or is it a set-in-stone passive and you can only modify it's aspects?

I think it’s permanent
  • DynamitePro26
    1169 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Sounds pretty awesome.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • So they do have traits and passives?
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • So they do have traits and passives?

Same thing
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    So they do have traits and passives?

Same thing

Not necessarily. While they are very similar, traits are generally built up over time, and passive abilities generally start at their full potential straight away. Not always though.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Landeaux wrote: »

Same thing

Not necessarily. While they are very similar, traits are generally built up over time, and passive abilities generally start at their full potential straight away. Not always though.

They call them passives now (I think). Some build over time while others are automatically there. Rey’s is an over-time passive and Maul’s is always there

Same thing

They call them passives now (I think). Some build over time while others are automatically there. Rey’s is an over-time passive and Maul’s is always there

I guess that's the case for bfII, though not for all games.

Same thing

I get what you’re saying though. I play League and they have true passives. Some like Twitch and Taliyah have “always there” passives while someone like Gnar and Kayn have ones that build over time

Same thing

I get what you’re saying though. I play League and they have true passives. Some like Twitch and Taliyah have “always there” passives while someone like Gnar and Kayn have ones that build over time

So, basically, for Rey's passive, you fill up the meter and when it is filled it gives you the infinite stamina for a short period of time. For Maul, he always has that cooldown reduction. So, is it possible they'll have a passive for a hero akin to traits from BF1, where the reward from the passive increases depending on the current level of it?

In that case, we'll have 3 main different passive types: a constant one that gives a set bonus permanently, a temporary one that only comes into effect once you do a certain amount of actions and fill the meter, and an attainable one that levels up over time.

• These are kind of cool, but I hope they have more in store & continue to add more after the game's launch.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• I’ve seen gameplay with some heroes where when a player is getting kills, his health starts to come back. Kind of like the original battlefronts. What star card is that? Or is it already part of the character.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker