criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Trooper Blaster Bolts Issue

As a Battlefront (2004, 2005, 2015) fan, I've been reading these BFII forum discussions since the BETA was released and am glad to see that more people are talking about the need of trooper blaster bolt improvements - which is an absolute must for release!

Starfigher blaster bolts, lightsabers and flashes from blaster muzzle fire (both on ground and in space) look great as they have a nice thickness, colour and brightness / glow towards them. Trooper blaster bolts need these treatments urgently. Even the lighting effects from blasters, rockets, engines, etc, are great.

I love that blaster bolts are now faster but feel that trooper blaster bolts need to not only be a little bit thicker (not as thick as BF2015 even though I'm not opposed to it), but more brighter and richer in colour. Not only is it important to be able to see where you're shooting / where you're being shot from, but simply seeing flashes of bright colours flying around you in battle is a great experience unique to Star Wars games. Some red lasers are also looking more orange than red, which needs to be changed.

DICE nailed the colour, look and effect of vibrant blaster bolts being fired and whizzing all over the place in BF2015, which made the experience totally feel "authentic". It seems as though they've gone backwards here for trooper blaster bolts, which doesn't make the experience completely feel like Star Wars.

On a side note, I'm hoping the starter weapons for each class on each team will also be customisable via weapon attachments as they're classic weapons that I'm sure we're all looking forward to using. It'd be disappointing if they couldn't be upgraded.

I really hope more people speak out about this issue, that DICE developers actually read and become aware of our plea, and that these improvements are made by release as I don't see how they couldn't be completed. This game has the potential to be a solid shooter with continuous growth over the next two years, which I'm sure we're all hoping will happen.

So damn keen to play this game already and ***** scrubs! GG

UUUNNLIIIIMMIIIITED POWWWAAAAHHHHH
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• I agree. It seems like anything that had a battlefield duplicate regressed in look. Starfighter Assault is pretty much just Star Wars, so they weren't trying to make it battlefield-ish and voala... it was awesome. Trooper combat was fine to me, but you need to be able to see the blaster bolts, make them much bigger. I like that they move faster, but I think they are too fast. I could aim right at the LAAT Gunship in the air and hit it no problem. Literally no drag at all. There needs to be a little drag IMO, if a little less than the last game.
  • @GeneralHux cheers man, yeah a little blaster drag wouldn't be a problem just as long as it isn't as much as what's in BF2015
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Test.
  • Completely agree exactly what you said about the blaster bolts! Just a note they don’t neccesarily need to be bigger just brighter which in turn will make them look bigger.

About the customization for default weapons, I get why they don’t. They pretty much have 6 versions of the same weapon which is already enough variants on. Also, you probably don’t wanna shoot an iconic standard weapon with an attachment of 3 round burst or something like that (but I guess that isn’t really prioritized since the DC-15 is fully auto in game).
  • @EvazanJr Yeah I agree, they need to at least become more brighter whether or not the size increases.
    I understand what you're saying about the default weapons, I just think they're iconic weapons and would love to be able to customise them
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • The default weapons were customizable in the Star Wars Universe anyway so there should be no reason not too, doesn't really make sense that some weapons are customizable and some aren't as long as the customizations are true to the weapon, meaning no weapons should have all customizaiton options, just the constimizations that make sense for that specific weapon.
  • @TyranicRex Yep, you've completely hit the nail on the head there - specific customisations should definitely only be available that are true for each weapon
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • They need to make the blaster bolts more visible, feels like I'm shooting bullets rather than lasers.
    Also I literally cannot see if the laser bolts are being deflected as Rey because of how hard it is to see them.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• @DeFaLt17 I feel your pain
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Also the light saber lense flare is way to much, It's very distracting. They should glow like they do in the movies, similar to lukes saber in the last game, except they glow more like the ones in star wars rebels or the force awakens.
    And they also should light up the dark more, same with blaster bolts.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Very good my apprentice. I see that you made a post of your own, after seeing my post. Good GOOOOOOOOD
  • @DeFaLt17 The lens flares could get dialed down a little bit, but I don't mind the aesthetic either way.

@Darkblade In time, you will learn to call me master.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Darkblade wrote: »
    Very good my apprentice. I see that you made a post of your own, after seeing my post. Good GOOOOOOOOD
    @DeFaLt17 The lens flares could get dialed down a little bit, but I don't mind the aesthetic either way.

@Darkblade In time, you will learn to call me master.

Hmmmm. I sense a disturbance in the force. A presents I’ve not felt since.....
  • @Cad_Bane You, like your father, are now MINE
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • *Bump*
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Completely agree exactly what you said about the blaster bolts! Just a note they don’t neccesarily need to be bigger just brighter which in turn will make them look bigger.

About the customization for default weapons, I get why they don’t. They pretty much have 6 versions of the same weapon which is already enough variants on. Also, you probably don’t wanna shoot an iconic standard weapon with an attachment of 3 round burst or something like that (but I guess that isn’t really prioritized since the DC-15 is fully auto in game).
  • Agreed. The blaster bolts need to be more vibrant and bright, and I didn't see any reason to get rid of the old ones from the last game, which were almost perfect (though a little too slow).
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • @DynamitePro26 True that
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • im so happy to see more and more posts about this. keep spreading the word im sure someone at dice feels the same way they must be aware!!
  • @pureJOHNwilliams Likewise man, it'll feel more like Star Wars when the trooper blaster bolts become more brighter and vibrant. So keen for the game
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I do like how blaster bolts leave a glowing burnt effect when you kill a trooper
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Anyone know if there's been any official progress in regards to improving blaster bolts?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Heaps of gameplay footage has dropped online - it's about time
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Doesn’t look like there’s been any improvements to blaster bolts. I really thought this issue would be fixed considering the overwhelming amount of feedback about it.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Disappointed they haven't tweaked blaster bolts what's so ever but I can live with it I guess lol.
  • Yeah I know, they're all right in darker maps but overall they just simply need to be made brighter. But aside from that the game looks so damn good and fun to play, just want to get stuck into it already
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I agree and thought the same things. Bigger brighter bolts please Dice!
  • fires
    301 posts Member
    Ive been watching some of the footage and most of the time the laser bolts dont even exist. Using slow motion on some of the YouTube videos and you can see there isn't any and especially so with the assault class. Makes it hard to trace your hits. Dice need to fix this asap.