criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Talking Death Troopers? (SPOILER ALERT FROM REBELS SEASON 4, episode "In the Name of the Rebellion")

WARNING! If you have not yet watched Star Wars: Rebels episode "In the Name of the Rebellion" part 2, you may want to leave this thread now, as it contains some spoilers. Otherwise, read at your own risk.

So about the Death Troopers, we know they emit bizarre sound under their "encryption coded helmets", like the one from the movie Rogue One:

And also for our beloved upcoming game we know as Battlefront 2:

But now... In this recent episode of Rebels season 4, they can actually speak with words that we can understand:

The commander of this squad was DT-F16. At first I thought this Death Trooper sounded like a young man with a British accent, but she is in fact a woman. One part of the clip was missing when the scene takes place at the freighter's bridge where the captain was stationed, where you can hear her voice speaking through her comlink with a much clearer sound of a woman, meaning that the Death Trooper's "encryption coded helmets" still make their voices sound with deeper tone.

Frankly I was very surprised to see these Death Troopers with the ability to speak. What do you guys think? Does this episode ruined the Death Trooper's reputation? Or do you not care at all?
PSN: FriedPizza773

Replies

• bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    Rebels make every Imperial seem incompetent.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

So very disappointing. At least in TCW the separatists actually seemed like a competent foe
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

So very disappointing. At least in TCW the separatists actually seemed like a competent foe

Plus they still managed to make the droids the comedic relief. Too bad they still can't find the balance here.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Plus they still managed to make the droids the comedic relief. Too bad they still can't find the balance here.
    Yes! I’ve always Loved the battle droid’s attitudes and their humor.
    *obvious commander droid points at a basic droid*
    “I’m not the commander, he’s the commander!”
    *gets blasted by a clone*
    :lol:
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member

They have all that Disney money now, no threat of being cancelled to make them try this time.

h846398gb27k.png

• FriedPizza773
    1174 posts Member
    edited October 2017

I guess the TV series itself is also an anti-Imperial, pro-rebellion propaganda, if you know what I mean ;).

I agree with this. While I was watching this episode the first time, the part when seeing Ezra, Sabine and Saw open the door with one Death Trooper standing there who then turn to look at them, I was like "oh #$&@!". After killing that Death Trooper by Saw, I was hoping to see the rebels to close the door and run like heck. Instead, they simply march in and took them on like they were no challenge at all, which was kinda pathetic for these troopers that was supposed to be elites and fearsomes, not clumsies and cowards.

By the way guys, I mean no disrespect but before continuing posting comments aside from the main topic, I like to ask what are your thoughts about talking Death Troopers.

Personally it kinda saddens me to hear them making words that can be understood easily when they shouldn't, putting their reputation in question. The Death Troopers that I know never speak whatsoever on any circumstances. Emitting weird sounds is what makes these troopers so unique and mysterious. :(
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    The way the Death Trooper commander spoke was a let down, but everything else about them was so worthless it didn't really matter to me anymore.

They looked intimidating for about 2 seconds....

h846398gb27k.png

• FriedPizza773
    1174 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The way the Death Trooper commander spoke was a let down, but everything else about them was so worthless it didn't really matter to me anymore.

They looked intimidating for about 2 seconds....

I see your point. The main purpose of being high-ranking Death Troopers is to simply be very powerful, elite version of Stormtroopers (and these guys were so bad that they should just be regular Stormtroopers).

You know, when I was thinking about something like icing on a cake, using a device in their helmets to scramble their voices "in a fashion way" is something what makes Death Troopers so unique for their very own recognition, unlike other high-raking troopers/soldiers. When I first watch Rogue One, at first I actually thought Death Troopers were humanoid droids because of how they emit their funny sounds, and they would've be very similar to Dark Troopers.
  • The Death Troopers just can't have their time to shine, but Battlefront 2 will redeem them. B)
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • The Death Troopers just can't have their time to shine, but Battlefront 2 will redeem them. B)

Yes! Because in Battlefront (2015), the Death Troopers were also the "silent type". :|
  • ROMG4
    2867 posts Member
    So can we talk about the fact that despite the Smoke Grenades affecting only a tiny portion of the room the Death Troopers decide to not only just stand in the Smoke but also don't form up and watch each others back?

Ugh

They've butchered the Death Troopers
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    So can we talk about the fact that despite the Smoke Grenades affecting only a tiny portion of the room the Death Troopers decide to not only just stand in the Smoke but also don't form up and watch each others back?

Ugh

With all the scanners they have, none can penetrate smoke...

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2867 posts Member

Ugh

With all the scanners they have, none can penetrate smoke...

What's worse is this basically means all the Rebel Commandos, Base Malbus and Churitt Imwe are complete garbage compared to Sabine and Ezra. because the same amount of Death Troopers that those two faced completely wiped out that Rebel Attack Team on Scariff

Whereas Sabine and Ezra killed the same amount of Death Troopers in less then a MINUTE

Just

Just why?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    Sabine makes Darth Sidious look weak, she didn't need Ezra or Saw.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2867 posts Member
    It would have been a much more entertaining episode if they did Hit and Run attacks on the Death Troopers throughout the episode eventually wearing them down with their greater experience in that field

But nope they just lol face tank stomp them

This is by far the worst Season
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    They should just pull it now.

They managed to make a mostly bad show worse.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2867 posts Member

I mean seriously

It's like the script called for B-1 Battle Droids rather then Death Troopers

But the problem is

B-1 Battle Droids actually hit something once in a while
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    Who would ever think the Droid Army would ever be considered superior to the Imperial Army :(

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2867 posts Member
    Who would ever think the Droid Army would ever be considered superior to the Imperial Army :(

Just compare 4:30 to this Clip of Zeb

A entire squad of Storm-Troopers led by a Orange Pauldron Storm-Trooper commander can't hit a Mad Man with a Flashy Stick that charges at them
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member

A entire squad of Storm-Troopers led by a Orange Pauldron Storm-Trooper commander can't hit a Mad Man with a Flashy Stick that charges at them

CW was held to higher standards and got threatened with cancellation so they had to try.

I get that this is a kids show, but other kid shows at least manage to make the 'bad guys' look like a legit threat.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2867 posts Member

CW was held to higher standards and got threatened with cancellation so they had to try.

I get that this is a kids show, but other kid shows at least manage to make the 'bad guys' look like a legit threat.

To be honest though the Zeb Clip is accurate in one regard

It is a very accurate depiction of a Veteran Bo Rifle Troller in Battle-Front (2015) against a bunch of players who have never played a Multiplayer game in their life before
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member

To be honest though the Zeb Clip is accurate in one regard

It is a very accurate depiction of a Veteran Bo Rifle Troller in Battle-Front (2015) against a bunch of players who have never played a Multiplayer game in their life before

The Imperials should fire Tarkin and Vader and leave OOM-9 and Veers in charge. ;)

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Lol. “Pull it now”
  • Was I surprised that they could speak normally? No. I assumed that they just didn't activate a voice scrambler.

Did I think SWR ruined Death Troopers? Yes. Yes I do. They ruined the whole badass feel they had going.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

yeah just more proof that dave filoni should be fired because he's objectively incompetent and they should bring back george lucas considering he's the only person who can write good star wars.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4122 posts Member
    edited July 20
    bfloo said:
    Imperials have always been incompetent. That’s why they keep losing to grossly inferior forces, and keep getting their increasingly large Death Stars blown up. It’s total suspension of disbelief that they ever rise/rose to power to begin with. 
  • bfloo
    15663 posts Member
    bfloo said:
    Imperials have always been incompetent. That’s why they keep losing to grossly inferior forces, and keep getting their increasingly large Death Stars blown up. It’s total suspension of disbelief that they ever rise/rose to power to begin with. 
    THe end of RotS and the Vader comics they seemed competent enough.  Even the battle of Hoth showed how competent Imperial Forces were when used in their proper role.

In Rebelz they made them look completely worthless.  They destroyed more Star Destroyers on that show than all of the films combined.

h846398gb27k.png

• IIPrest0nII
    4548 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thread closed. Please do not necro/bump old threads.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator. I do not work for EA.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!