criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Offline Skirmish

Yes, yes I know that this is a widespread topic on the forums, but I felt the need to talk about it. There is a chance of this coming into the game, as the community really wants to see this in the game. Don't get me wrong. I really like the game so far, and it was just in Beta! That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

There are rumors going around of an offline Skirmish mode coming in early 2018, but it's a RUMOR. As much as I would like to take this seriously, we really do not have any confirmation. Hopefully it gets added soon after the game's release.

Mostly, I would just really like to see these multiplayer modes make an offline appearance. Sometimes I just like to be able to relax and play some couch co-op games with friends. These are where most of my memories playing games are. Not really online though.

One of the main reasons EA and Dice don't sell more than other big games is because of the lack of offline content. Most of their games, are mainly multiplayer focused. Anyway, I just hope that all or most of these multiplayer modes can be played offline. I would just like to relax, try out new weapons and heroes without worrying about getting slaughtered in the first 2 minutes or so of playing. I would just like to be able to control certain aspects of a game, and suit it to my level of gameplay. Also sometimes I feel that the online community can be pretty toxic. I mean, I thought that the AI for Arcade mode was pretty good and well balanced. It felt like I wasn't playing against a bunch of braindead bots who have no clue as to what they were doing, nor do I feel like I was playing against some hardcore bots. The AI felt balanced, and good.

I feel that if the Skirmish mode project that a small team of people did for the 2015 Battlefront did so well, then I am SURE that a large team of people can make an even better offline experience. So EA, Dice, please do this for us. We ALL want more offline content. Am I right, or am I right?

Replies

• Yes, yes I know that this is a widespread topic on the forums, but I felt the need to talk about it. There is a chance of this coming into the game, as the community really wants to see this in the game. Don't get me wrong. I really like the game so far, and it was just in Beta! That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

There are rumors going around of an offline Skirmish mode coming in early 2018, but it's a RUMOR. As much as I would like to take this seriously, we really do not have any confirmation. Hopefully it gets added soon after the game's release.

Mostly, I would just really like to see these multiplayer modes make an offline appearance. Sometimes I just like to be able to relax and play some couch co-op games with friends. These are where most of my memories playing games are. Not really online though.

One of the main reasons EA and Dice don't sell more than other big games is because of the lack of offline content. Most of their games, are mainly multiplayer focused. Anyway, I just hope that all or most of these multiplayer modes can be played offline. I would just like to relax, try out new weapons and heroes without worrying about getting slaughtered in the first 2 minutes or so of playing. I would just like to be able to control certain aspects of a game, and suit it to my level of gameplay. Also sometimes I feel that the online community can be pretty toxic. I mean, I thought that the AI for Arcade mode was pretty good and well balanced. It felt like I wasn't playing against a bunch of braindead bots who have no clue as to what they were doing, nor do I feel like I was playing against some hardcore bots. The AI felt balanced, and good.

I feel that if the Skirmish mode project that a small team of people did for the 2015 Battlefront did so well, then I am SURE that a large team of people can make an even better offline experience. So EA, Dice, please do this for us. We ALL want more offline content. Am I right, or am I right?

Welcome aboard! The multiplayer maps playable offline is pretty much what every single-player fan is clamoring for. As far as the "rumor" goes pertaining to Skirmish, it comes from a very reputable source. I wouldn't worry about IF it's coming, but more or less what will be IN it. They could give us Skirmish but have it be Missions 3.0. However, posts like this are great for reminding the DEVS that large multiplayer modes and maps playable offline is what single-players are really looking to see in the game.

We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • joeybmx7 wrote: »
    Yes, yes I know that this is a widespread topic on the forums, but I felt the need to talk about it. There is a chance of this coming into the game, as the community really wants to see this in the game. Don't get me wrong. I really like the game so far, and it was just in Beta! That's pretty darn good if you ask me.

Welcome aboard! The multiplayer maps playable offline is pretty much what every single-player fan is clamoring for. As far as the "rumor" goes pertaining to Skirmish, it comes from a very reputable source. I wouldn't worry about IF it's coming, but more or less what will be IN it. They could give us Skirmish but have it be Missions 3.0. However, posts like this are great for reminding the DEVS that large multiplayer modes and maps playable offline is what single-players are really looking to see in the game.

Yeah, Missions 3.0 would be so sad to see. Everyone would be so hyped for an amaizing skirmish mode, and then realize it is missions 3.0. So disappointing.
  • Surely Motive could do a full skirmish mode for us once campaign is finished?

That's what the rumors have been saying. Apparently it is coming in early 2018.

That's what the rumors have been saying. Apparently it is coming in early 2018.

Excellentay :)
  • captainrex1991
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This is a list that I have been sharing with my fellow Star Wars Fans, and this is what I would like to see added in Battlefront 2.
    [*]
    . 1. Character Customization, and Armor Color Customization."For example" For the Republic (501st, 212th, Shock troopers, Wolf pack) For the Empire (Shock Troopers, Shadow troopers, 501st Commanders, and Incinerator Stormtroopers) In Single and Multiplayer.
    . 2. Gender Customization, for all classes in both Single, and Multiplayer.

. 3. Single player maps for Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Strike, Blast, and Heroes vs Villains. . 4. Single Player Partner Co-Op. . 5. Starfighters, and Vehicles already placed on the maps for anyone to hop in and out of in the battle, including AT-AT Walkers, and MTTs (If not in Multiplayer, then at least in Single Players maps) . 6. Make all Heroes, Villains, and Reinforcements available in Single player maps. (And Please! no cross Era Heroes or Villains, except in Heroes vs Villains)?
  • I agree 100%
  • captainrex1991
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This is a list That I have been Sharing with my fellow Star Wars Fans, and I would like to see this added in Battlefront 2.

1. Character Customization, and Armor Color Customization."For example" For the Republic (501st, 212th, Shock troopers wolf pack) For the Empire (Shock Troopers, Shadow troopers, 501st Commanders, and Incinerator Stormtroopers) In Single and Multiplayer.

2. Gender Customization, for all classes in both Single, and Multiplayer.

3. Single player maps for Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Strike, Blast, and Heroes vs Villains.

4. Single Player Partner Co-Op.

5. Starfighters, and Vehicles already placed on the maps for anyone to hop in and out of in the battle, including AT-AT Walkers, and MTTs (If not in Multiplayer, then at least in Single Players maps)

6. Make all Heroes, Villains, and Reinforcements available in Single player maps. (And Please! no cross Era Heroes or Villains, except in Heroes vs Villains)?
  • Skirmish is absolutely essential to being able to play this game long-term, so I'm waiting until Skirmish or something just as good (20v20 and space battles in Arcade) is added to the game before buying it. I'm not dropping another $60 dollars on a game that I won't be able to play in a couple years.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

• This is a list That I have been Sharing with my fellow Star Wars Fans, and I would like to see this added in Battlefront 2.

1. Character Customization, and Armor Color Customization."For example" For the Republic (501st, 212th, Shock troopers wolf pack) For the Empire (Shock Troopers, Shadow troopers, 501st Commanders, and Incinerator Stormtroopers) In Single and Multiplayer.

2. Gender Customization, for all classes in both Single, and Multiplayer.

3. Single player maps for Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Strike, Blast, and Heroes vs Villains.

4. Single Player Partner Co-Op.

5. Starfighters, and Vehicles already placed on the maps for anyone to hop in and out of in the battle, including AT-AT Walkers, and MTTs (If not in Multiplayer, then at least in Single Players maps)

6. Make all Heroes, Villains, and Reinforcements available in Single player maps. (And Please! no cross Era Heroes or Villains, except in Heroes vs Villains)?

This exactly.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Skirmish is absolutely essential to being able to play this game long-term, so I'm waiting until Skirmish or something just as good (20v20 and space battles in Arcade) is added to the game before buying it. I'm not dropping another $60 dollars on a game that I won't be able to play in a couple years.

Exactly and your within ur rights to wait for no skirmish at launch. After all that feedback boggles my mind. as it won't justify the price of the game.
  • Do you remember galactic conquest mode on the pandemic's battlefront 2? Do you remember the hunting modes? Those space battles? Why dont we have those modes in the current game? I mean....this was a more than decade ago...the only reason i guess is the money. They rent you a game instead selling it
  • Do you remember galactic conquest mode on the pandemic's battlefront 2? Do you remember the hunting modes? Those space battles? Why dont we have those modes in the current game? I mean....this was a more than decade ago...the only reason i guess is the money. They rent you a game instead selling it

I have heard of them yes, they would make great additions to this game.
  • The lack of offline MP *SKIRMISH* against bots is precisely why I refunded the first game. I won’t buy this if they don’t release offline skirmish. Online MP in gaming has made gamers fickle subscribers; eventually the MP game will die. And I think the Devs know this, which is why they impose these self-limiting factors like lack of offline mode. Think about it, if they make Battlefront 2 TOO GOOD, then when Battlefront 3 comes out and gets horrible reviews, the player base will stay with Battlefront 2, costing them money.

If I ever hear that Battlefront 2 has skirmish MP, I’ll finally buy but be loading into the offline mode first, before I blow my time on the whatever c r a p -paign they make or online games, to ensure that, even if they DO have offline skirmish, it’s on the entire map and not just a small segment (like they did with the previous one) AND that they include ALL MP maps (One thing I hated was playing the cool maps online and then trying the solo and either only being able to run around in a small corner of it or not being able to play on it at all). If they don’t, they can expect me to file a refund.

I remember when I was playing the OG Battlefront 2 after playing some Battlefield 3, I told my buddy that I thought it would be amazing if the Battlefield devs made the next Battlefront. And when I saw them doing just that, I was sure I wouldn’t be disappointed…. Maybe this new one will be the redeemer. Or maybe, I’ll be back here in 2-3 years to repeat this comment.
  • HouseNoodleSoup
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The lack of offline MP *SKIRMISH* against bots is precisely why I refunded the first game. I won’t buy this if they don’t release offline skirmish. Online MP in gaming has made gamers fickle subscribers; eventually the MP game will die. And I think the Devs know this, which is why they impose these self-limiting factors like lack of offline mode. Think about it, if they make Battlefront 2 TOO GOOD, then when Battlefront 3 comes out and gets horrible reviews, the player base will stay with Battlefront 2, costing them money.

If I ever hear that Battlefront 2 has skirmish MP, I’ll finally buy but be loading into the offline mode first, before I blow my time on the whatever crapaign they make or online games, to ensure that, even if they DO have offline skirmish, it’s on the entire map and not just a small segment (like they did with the previous one) AND that they include ALL MP maps (One thing I hated was playing the cool maps online and then trying the solo and either only being able to run around in a small corner of it or not being able to play on it at all). If they don’t, they can expect me to file a refund.

I remember when I was playing the OG Battlefront 2 after playing some Battlefield 3, I told my buddy that I thought it would be amazing if the Battlefield devs made the next Battlefront. And when I saw them doing just that, I was sure I wouldn’t be disappointed…. Maybe this new one will be the redeemer. Or maybe, I’ll be back here in 2-3 years to repeat this comment.
  • The skirmish mode we are looking for will be the backwards compatible Xbox one battlefront 2 classic 2005. Sorry but I lost all faith in ea.
  • ChancellortheRapper
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    The skirmish mode we are looking for will be the backwards compatible Xbox one battlefront 2 classic 2005. Sorry but I lost all faith in ea.

I had lost all faith in EA... Up until they started talking about this game. They literally listed every fault I had with the last game and said they were going to fix each of them. I started watching the games development and am now confident that they are paying close attention to what the community wants. And I think they are creating a great star wars game
  • The lack of offline MP *SKIRMISH* against bots is precisely why I refunded the first game. I won’t buy this if they don’t release offline skirmish. Online MP in gaming has made gamers fickle subscribers; eventually the MP game will die. And I think the Devs know this, which is why they impose these self-limiting factors like lack of offline mode. Think about it, if they make Battlefront 2 TOO GOOD, then when Battlefront 3 comes out and gets horrible reviews, the player base will stay with Battlefront 2, costing them money.

If I ever hear that Battlefront 2 has skirmish MP, I’ll finally buy but be loading into the offline mode first, before I blow my time on the whatever crapaign they make or online games, to ensure that, even if they DO have offline skirmish, it’s on the entire map and not just a small segment (like they did with the previous one) AND that they include ALL MP maps (One thing I hated was playing the cool maps online and then trying the solo and either only being able to run around in a small corner of it or not being able to play on it at all). If they don’t, they can expect me to file a refund.

We got to hope. #soloplayersmatter

Yeah i really need these modes to make a return, even if its just for offline modes
    giphy.gif
  • Galactic Conquest was one of my favourite things in gaming. Also, since I've been playing Battlefront 2 (2005) a lot lately, Skirmish XL which has 100v100 battles. I'd like to see that return one day.

But most of all for goodness' sake, just give us a basic offline Skirmish mode with the big maps and modes. Zapskywalker is right, paying full price these days means renting permission to play the game temporarily. I want to own the game, not just rent it.
    All Multiplayer modes playable offline, please. Don't forget the hero/villain AI to fight against too.
  • Galactic Conquest was one of my favourite things in gaming. Also, since I've been playing Battlefront 2 (2005) a lot lately, Skirmish XL which has 100v100 battles. I'd like to see that return one day.

But most of all for goodness' sake, just give us a basic offline Skirmish mode with the big maps and modes. Zapskywalker is right, paying full price these days means renting permission to play the game temporarily. I want to own the game, not just rent it.

I cannot agree more. Been playing battlefront since 05 . It is really frusturating to discover after purchasing that the offline mode is basically like a CSGo game. Battlefront is supposed to be epic and is meant to recreate the moments from the series. I should have the ability to play all maps offline in skirmish mode by myself or with a friend. This is what battlefront is and DICE should not force changing this game into a Battlefield Game. Why do we even have the coop offline marketing gimmick when we only can play modes which feel like tutorials. I will be awaiting to see these Rumours becoming the reality and save this great game from the offline fan dissappointment... I’d even expect to see DLC maps which DICE couldn’t add to offline Skirmish in Battlefront 2015.
  • YES please, Battlefront 1 EA had this with Walker and Starfighter Assault in Skirmish and it was way more fun than playing online, where you could actually enjoy the scenery and the Star Wars feel without dying every second. Made it a lot more fun for playing co-op with friends who hate playing online too.
  • I pray this is on its way. If not, I will likely quit.
    There are to many issues in game as is.
    If there is nothing about future offline content and fixes, devs will have truly failed and I'm happy to leave.
  • I'm cautiously optimistic. Denis said i February "much more" was coming to arcade. They also said they saw offline and online stuff as equally important, so we will see if they truly deliver.
  • IIPrest0nII
    4303 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thread was closed due to necroposting
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!