criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Your hundred dollars gets you 60 trooper crates

More if you open cheaper hero/starfighter crates.

I just bust open about 80 crates, good fun.

Here’s the thing, I’ve only got a fraction of what’s available, zero top tier cards, no additional weapons, and I’m happy to report that in my first couple of games I didn’t perform any better than I would have expected to (mid-table, these guys have all been learning the maps all day).

I paid, I didn’t win. Your positioning, one on one reactions and knowledge and use of the map are still 97% of the deciding factors in a shoot out, just the way it should be.

Replies

  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.

    Sweet. I'm on PC so I have to wait for the Origin early trial.

    I think I'll spend $100 tomorrow when I finally have access, then I'm gonna wait till I hit lvl 30 or so and drop one more C-note. After that, I'm done.
  • More if you open cheaper hero/starfighter crates.

    I just bust open about 80 crates, good fun.

    Here’s the thing, I’ve only got a fraction of what’s available, zero top tier cards, no additional weapons, and I’m happy to report that in my first couple of games I didn’t perform any better than I would have expected to (mid-table, these guys have all been learning the maps all day).

    I paid, I didn’t win. Your positioning, one on one reactions and knowledge and use of the map are still 97% of the deciding factors in a shoot out, just the way it should be.


    Great info. It still won't convince scrubs that like to cry out "pay 2 win" and then not follow with any reasonable opinion, considering the game isn't pay to win evidently.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Do you get given a certain amount of credits simply from buying and beginning the game?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Beaver wrote: »
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.

    Sweet. I'm on PC so I have to wait for the Origin early trial.

    I think I'll spend $100 tomorrow when I finally have access, then I'm gonna wait till I hit lvl 30 or so and drop one more C-note. After that, I'm done.

    That’s pretty much my plan, I want the cards out of a sense of completion and I’ve said since the free dlc announcement that I’d be supporting the new system, so I’m just putting my money where my mouth is.

    But I don’t feel like you need to spend to win, that’s the main thing I’m taking from this. Learn the maps and git gud and you aren’t going to be forced to spend a cent.
    Do you get given a certain amount of credits simply from buying and beginning the game?

    You start with two or three crates, a daily, a Founders crate from the beta and I think there was another. One of those had 3000 credits in it.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    These crates are cheaper then I thought they were gonna be. Less then $2 a crate.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.

    Sweet. I'm on PC so I have to wait for the Origin early trial.

    I think I'll spend $100 tomorrow when I finally have access, then I'm gonna wait till I hit lvl 30 or so and drop one more C-note. After that, I'm done.

    That’s pretty much my plan, I want the cards out of a sense of completion and I’ve said since the free dlc announcement that I’d be supporting the new system, so I’m just putting my money where my mouth is.

    But I don’t feel like you need to spend to win, that’s the main thing I’m taking from this. Learn the maps and git gud and you aren’t going to be forced to spend a cent.
    Do you get given a certain amount of credits simply from buying and beginning the game?

    You start with two or three crates, a daily, a Founders crate from the beta and I think there was another. One of those had 3000 credits in it.

    I hear ya. I want to support post launch content, and help myself at the same time. I work too many hours a week right now to have a chance at keeping up by grinding. I just cant right now, I'm too busy with real life.
  • Cool, thanks for the info. I won't be buying any (cause I'm cheap and poor :p ) but it's nice to know the costs. Keep buying guys, somebody gotta fund mah DLC!
  • Cool, thanks for the info. I won't be buying any (cause I'm cheap and poor :p ) but it's nice to know the costs. Keep buying guys, somebody gotta fund mah DLC!

    vjXNWEK.gif
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    What was in your founders crate? Anything good?
  • This is swell. Ima buy me some crates on the 14th. No early access for me :'(
  • I paid, I didn’t win. Your positioning, one on one reactions and knowledge and use of the map are still 97% of the deciding factors in a shoot out, just the way it should be.
    Yeah, it's not so much "pay to win" as it's "pay to get a bit of an edge". I'm fine with that because that doesn't translate into a less skilled player beating a higher skilled player just because of cards.

    Map awareness and personal space awareness trump pretty much all cards. For example, some folks blinding hit t-junctions and then turn on way while not looking the other and end up getting shot in the back. That kind of lack of awareness will still get you killed no matter what cards you have.
  • Beaver wrote: »
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.

    Sweet. I'm on PC so I have to wait for the Origin early trial.

    I think I'll spend $100 tomorrow when I finally have access, then I'm gonna wait till I hit lvl 30 or so and drop one more C-note. After that, I'm done.

    Really are we going to support the only questionable part of the game (Microtransactions) throwing money at it?...

    Don't look surprise when Battlefront 3 comes with obligatory-pay to win microtransactions (Guns, heroes and Cards only obtainable by espending real money). Remember that every single AAA is testing how far can they go with digital services, and payed content. You are just making their live easy my friend...

    #BuyTheGameNotTheCrystals
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Well, would you rather splitting the community with paid DLC? You people need to understand something.... You cant have your cake, and eat it too.
  • It honestly makes me cringe whenever people bring up a potential Battlefront 3 - BFII isn't even out yet and will be alive and around for the next 2-3. Strap yourselves in and get used to it or don't play at all
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    It honestly makes me cringe whenever people bring up a potential Battlefront 3 - BFII isn't even out yet and will be alive and around for the next 2-3. Strap yourselves in and get used to it or don't play at all

    Roger that... LMAO! Roger that.
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Beaver wrote: »
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.

    Sweet. I'm on PC so I have to wait for the Origin early trial.

    I think I'll spend $100 tomorrow when I finally have access, then I'm gonna wait till I hit lvl 30 or so and drop one more C-note. After that, I'm done.

    Really are we going to support the only questionable part of the game (Microtransactions) throwing money at it?...

    Don't look surprise when Battlefront 3 comes with obligatory-pay to win microtransactions (Guns, heroes and Cards only obtainable by espending real money). Remember that every single AAA is testing how far can they go with digital services, and payed content. You are just making their live easy my friend...

    #BuyTheGameNotTheCrystals

    Would you rather have free DLC's and the ability to buy loot crates or no loot crates and a $60 season pass?
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    By the way, early access is available now on Origin... I have it 16% downloaded. To bad I have to be up at 4 am.
  • Beaver wrote: »
    Well, would you rather splitting the community with paid DLC? You people need to understand something.... You cant have your cake, and eat it too.

    Who said anything about Paid DLC??? (Well.... guess you just did, but I certanly did not). You people need to understand somethingS:

    1. They are pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with. Not just EA. Square Enix, Warner, UbiSoft, the list goes on... now we have microtransactions in single players open world games, Multiplayer, service games like Destiny, etc... if you give in now that you think it's "accepatble" they'll just keep on doing it until we pass a point of no return (wanna play the next story based level of a linear single player game? 5 more dollars please :smile: ).
    2. I've already supported this game and all the upcoming free content (which we didn't asked for... THEY promissed them) By preording it, with the useless Deluxe Edition stuff and all.
    3. If the loot boxes content was cosmetics only, I would be supporting it. BUT since is tide to the progression I'm not.
    4. Like I said, you support this now, the next time around it's going to be more agressive, just like your profile pic. Is not evil, is just business...
    5. We must be whilling to make sacrifices, If by not paying a single microtransaction, we end up having less free DLC content, so be it. It's a price I'm whilling to pay for the next game to have just cosmetics microtransactions or not microtransactions at all. (It's called strategy :wink:)
    6. Battlefront 2005... We had our cake and we ate it too. All in one single release, no Season Pass, no Microtransaction, no free DLCs post launch, just a complete game form the get go.

    I understand the business, believe me, but supporting a "pay to get better fast or grind yourself to death" model it's a really dangerous statement to make. For me the best course of action is to buy the most expensive version of the game and do not buy the Crystal currency. It's a middle ground, they get tons of money to buy themself an Islan somewhere and hopefully we get rid of the progression based microtransactions for the next game. Win - Win.

    With your "Strategy" only EA win. You can quote me on this when Battlefront 3 comes around...
  • So. How is the credit payout for matches? Top players making out good on credits?
  • So. How is the credit payout for matches? Top players making out good on credits?

    Credit payout from matches is entirely time based. In Galactic Assault, typically the longest one, you get around 200-400 credits a match. So, yea. Guy spinning in the corner gets the same credits as the guy that sweeps the MVP board.

    That being said, XP is I think just straight up your score. From what I've seen though, that doesn't matter. It looks like getting 20 will only take like 20-30 matches where you do a bit poor. So, afk in the corner while at work/sleep to farm credits, then play when you have time to get your levels and challenges. ( Actually, a number of challenges are just time based anyways, so AFKing will get you those too. )
  • This is A little off topic but it still has to do with earning crates. So apparently credits are rewarded based off time spent in the match and not rewarded based off performance? I don’t understand this. It’s a bad move IMO
  • Zemerick wrote: »
    So. How is the credit payout for matches? Top players making out good on credits?

    Credit payout from matches is entirely time based. In Galactic Assault, typically the longest one, you get around 200-400 credits a match. So, yea. Guy spinning in the corner gets the same credits as the guy that sweeps the MVP board.

    That being said, XP is I think just straight up your score. From what I've seen though, that doesn't matter. It looks like getting 20 will only take like 20-30 matches where you do a bit poor. So, afk in the corner while at work/sleep to farm credits, then play when you have time to get your levels and challenges. ( Actually, a number of challenges are just time based anyways, so AFKing will get you those too. )

    Should the progression system in a team based multiplayer game be this hard to Explain/Understand:

    Soooo we all get the same amout of credits (Currency # 1) no matter our skills or participation per match (200 credits per match no matter what). You also get XP (Currency #2) which is actually based on your performance. XP increases your player level (Progression # 1) which I have no idea what is for. Also, we get additional credits for doing challanges (wheather they sync with our play style or not. Or without thinking that we might not want to do them at all). We then use this credits to buy crates ( 2,200 credits for hero crate, 2,400 credits for starfighter crate, 4,000 credits for trooper crate) which will give us random cards, emotes, weapons and Crafting parts (Currency # 3). We then can craft weapons or upgrades for the affore mentioned weapons and cards with the Crafting parts (Progression # 2) from common up to legendary in the case of the cards. Additionally, there's an alternate Currency called Crystals (Currency # 4) that can be obtained with real world money. With the Crystals you can also buy Crates at a completly different and unfair rate: Hero Crate (110 Crystals), StarFighter Crate (120 Crystals), Trooper Crate (200 Crystals). It's basically like the Exchange rate from Dollars to Bolivares (the currency in Venezuela). There are also classes levels (Progression # 3) that you obtain individualy for each class, Fighters and Heroes which allows you to use certain weapons, cards and slots. This levels are Obtained Ramdomly by opening Loot Crates (Wait, what? this is also NOT SKILL based????).

    In Summary: ...This is a ClusterF**c Hahahahaha I mean I can't belive that someone actually draw this in a white board in front a table full of suits (EA), Game designers, concept artists, UI designers and QA and they didn't laugh at his face before firing from the company. I mean this is more complicated than the timeline from the Terminator Franchise after Genesis Hahahahahaha. The guys from RedLetterMedia don't do videos about games.. but they have to take a look at this. My God, I knew it was overcomvoluted, but I've never actually analize all of this disaster until now... well played EA, best laugh of the day.

    I'm gonna make a topic about this.. at least the AA industry is giving me a good laugh...
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Zemerick wrote: »
    So. How is the credit payout for matches? Top players making out good on credits?

    Credit payout from matches is entirely time based. In Galactic Assault, typically the longest one, you get around 200-400 credits a match. So, yea. Guy spinning in the corner gets the same credits as the guy that sweeps the MVP board.

    That being said, XP is I think just straight up your score. From what I've seen though, that doesn't matter. It looks like getting 20 will only take like 20-30 matches where you do a bit poor. So, afk in the corner while at work/sleep to farm credits, then play when you have time to get your levels and challenges. ( Actually, a number of challenges are just time based anyways, so AFKing will get you those too. )

    Should the progression system in a team based multiplayer game be this hard to Explain/Understand:

    Soooo we all get the same amout of credits (Currency # 1) no matter our skills or participation per match (200 credits per match no matter what). You also get XP (Currency #2) which is actually based on your performance. XP increases your player level (Progression # 1) which I have no idea what is for. Also, we get additional credits for doing challanges (wheather they sync with our play style or not. Or without thinking that we might not want to do them at all). We then use this credits to buy crates ( 2,200 credits for hero crate, 2,400 credits for starfighter crate, 4,000 credits for trooper crate) which will give us random cards, emotes, weapons and Crafting parts (Currency # 3). We then can craft weapons or upgrades for the affore mentioned weapons and cards with the Crafting parts (Progression # 2) from common up to legendary in the case of the cards. Additionally, there's an alternate Currency called Crystals (Currency # 4) that can be obtained with real world money. With the Crystals you can also buy Crates at a completly different and unfair rate: Hero Crate (110 Crystals), StarFighter Crate (120 Crystals), Trooper Crate (200 Crystals). It's basically like the Exchange rate from Dollars to Bolivares (the currency in Venezuela). There are also classes levels (Progression # 3) that you obtain individualy for each class, Fighters and Heroes which allows you to use certain weapons, cards and slots. This levels are Obtained Ramdomly by opening Loot Crates (Wait, what? this is also NOT SKILL based????).

    In Summary: ...This is a ClusterF**c Hahahahaha I mean I can't belive that someone actually draw this in a white board in front a table full of suits (EA), Game designers, concept artists, UI designers and QA and they didn't laugh at his face before firing from the company. I mean this is more complicated than the timeline from the Terminator Franchise after Genesis Hahahahahaha. The guys from RedLetterMedia don't do videos about games.. but they have to take a look at this. My God, I knew it was overcomvoluted, but I've never actually analize all of this disaster until now... well played EA, best laugh of the day.

    I'm gonna make a topic about this.. at least the AA industry is giving me a good laugh...

    The only thing I've specifically seen use player level, was the level 20 requirement to craft T4 cards. ( I think lower tiers might also have lower requirements. I forgot to look. ) Those ALSO require card level 25.

    Card levels are not given randomly, they are simply adding up the total tiers of cards you have for that character. ( So, say you have 1 tier 2, and 1 tier 1 heavy card. Your heavy card rank will be 3. )

    The rates for the crystals are actually equivalent to those of credits. 1 crystal = 20 credits.

    I think everything else was correct though.

    The reason they do this is classic gambling psychology. They want to make it difficult to tie it to the exact cost and reward. For example, playing poker, you use chips that go to a higher value than regular money does. ( Notice how again we also see crystals are worth a higher value than credits. So, you might say Ohhh man..it costs FOUR THOUSAND credits, but hey...it's "only" 200 crystals. Cheap, right? ) It's all about adding layers to obscure just how much you are paying for each reward.
  • Zemerick wrote: »
    The only thing I've specifically seen use player level, was the level 20 requirement to craft T4 cards. ( I think lower tiers might also have lower requirements. I forgot to look. ) Those ALSO require card level 25.

    Card levels are not given randomly, they are simply adding up the total tiers of cards you have for that character. ( So, say you have 1 tier 2, and 1 tier 1 heavy card. Your heavy card rank will be 3. )

    The rates for the crystals are actually equivalent to those of credits. 1 crystal = 20 credits.

    This part just made it even more complicated and funnier to me :P (And didn't even get half of what you just said... I most be getting old)
    Zemerick wrote: »
    The reason they do this is classic gambling psychology. They want to make it difficult to tie it to the exact cost and reward. For example, playing poker, you use chips that go to a higher value than regular money does. ( Notice how again we also see crystals are worth a higher value than credits. So, you might say Ohhh man..it costs FOUR THOUSAND credits, but hey...it's "only" 200 crystals. Cheap, right? ) It's all about adding layers to obscure just how much you are paying for each reward.

    This part I get, but I'm not talking about the obvious greedy, shady techniques to get people into buying Crystals... but the unnecessarily complicated way they choose to presented it... I mean, all the gambling pschology you are talking about could have been achived with Credits, Crystals packs, Player level (Through the same Credits) and Loot Crates (2 currencies, 1 progression and 1 product)... all the other things (Class levels, Crafting Parts, etc) are completly pointless, confussing and hilarious.
  • So, you spent $100, on the trial?
  • kez432 wrote: »
    So, you spent $100, on the trial?

    Your rewards in the trial carry over to the game.
  • I spend 33 dollars total and i love it
  • Trying to say you don't get an advantage by buying crates is wrong. First, you get parts and cards. Second, you sell extras which there will bound to be. Third, class level is linked to cards owned which you'll have more of. In the end, you still have the same advantage, the marketing department just knew people don't think ahead and that most people wouldn't figure this out. Overall rank doesn't seem affected by class rank like in BF1.
  • More if you open cheaper hero/starfighter crates.

    I just bust open about 80 crates, good fun.

    Here’s the thing, I’ve only got a fraction of what’s available, zero top tier cards, no additional weapons, and I’m happy to report that in my first couple of games I didn’t perform any better than I would have expected to (mid-table, these guys have all been learning the maps all day).

    I paid, I didn’t win. Your positioning, one on one reactions and knowledge and use of the map are still 97% of the deciding factors in a shoot out, just the way it should be.


    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • ROMG4
    2902 posts Member
    Ultimately the system doesn't sound too bad

    People complained for years about over extending DLC this is the result of these complaints
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    This is swell. Ima buy me some crates on the 14th. No early access for me :'(


    I can’t WAIT to spend $1000 on crates on the 14th.
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Beaver wrote: »
    In each crate you get four or five cards, usually tier 1, with occasional 2s (green) and 3s (blue). Like the beta you often get crafting parts, but you barely have any use for them until you’ve levelled up enough to use them.
    Beaver wrote: »
    Say Wuh Huh? How are you opening crates?

    EA Access trial on Xbox is up and running.

    Sweet. I'm on PC so I have to wait for the Origin early trial.

    I think I'll spend $100 tomorrow when I finally have access, then I'm gonna wait till I hit lvl 30 or so and drop one more C-note. After that, I'm done.

    Really are we going to support the only questionable part of the game (Microtransactions) throwing money at it?...

    Don't look surprise when Battlefront 3 comes with obligatory-pay to win microtransactions (Guns, heroes and Cards only obtainable by espending real money). Remember that every single AAA is testing how far can they go with digital services, and payed content. You are just making their live easy my friend...

    #BuyTheGameNotTheCrystals

    Since I prefer the lootcrates over the season pass, yes I will support the lootcrates :smiley:
  • If I’m really happy with the game (and by the look of it, I think I will be), I will show my support by buying some crystals.
  • More if you open cheaper hero/starfighter crates.

    I just bust open about 80 crates, good fun.

    Here’s the thing, I’ve only got a fraction of what’s available, zero top tier cards, no additional weapons, and I’m happy to report that in my first couple of games I didn’t perform any better than I would have expected to (mid-table, these guys have all been learning the maps all day).

    I paid, I didn’t win. Your positioning, one on one reactions and knowledge and use of the map are still 97% of the deciding factors in a shoot out, just the way it should be.


    I'm sorry you spent $100 , but thank you for taking one for the team. I'm glad to hear it's not pay to win (didn't really think it was after the beta, thank ign angry Joe and other desperate youtubers).

    haven't played yet but I certainly hope earning credits isn't as bad as it sounds. everyone getting the same amount of credits
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!