criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

200 credits per match?

Prev1
For anyone in the Trial, do we really only get 200 credits per match? No matter what?

Replies

• Yes, They have stated that credits is based on how long you are in the game and not on how well you do. How well you do will make it easier to complete challenges but they wont have an advantage in credits by carrying hard.
  • correction, they did not say that 200 is the exact number. But everything else is correct.
  • I’ve received more then 200 credits but like 300-400 so far has been the highest I’ve seen. I’ve done well but luckily lots of challenges to help boost credits but still pretty underwhelming in credit distribution.
  • Considering the hero I want Darth Vader cost 60k... off to grind some more I guess lol
  • You're not guaranteed 200 credits. I just got 145 for a match. ( Rebels death star 2 quick loss. ) There doesn't really seem to be anything besides time affecting the credits either.

Match 1: I did horrible ( first time playing since beta, new map, whole team was doing poorly so either Kashyyk rep side is a grinder, or I was with lots of people having a bad match like me. ) Anyways, it lasted quite awhile anyways, got 380 credits.

Match 2: I did noticeably better, Empire DS2, barely lost, but it was shorter. 285 credits.

Match 3: Rebels DS2, we got slaughtered. I still did ok, about even K:D ( traditionally bad for me, but it takes time to get into a game. )...but we had lots of people just suicide rushing, never even got close to finishing first objective. This was the match that got 145 credits.

Add in the obscene prices, and this is way worse than what we saw in beta. 4,000 for a crate instead of 1,100. 280k needed to unlock the heroes. ( That alone is somewhere around 1,000 matches. )

The challenges can also be very deceptive. Some will look quite nice, like 2,500 credits, but they are very few. Way more give a whole whopping 250 credits. That's 16 challenges for just 1 crate. ( well, average is going to be more like 300-350 credits per challenge, but the more rewarding challenges will also take longer. )

There is 1 single daily challenge. It's absolute trash: 100 credits for 75 multiplayer kills. Seriously, that's it. Even if you rip things up, it'll take about 1 hour to get, give you 100 credits, and then that's it. See you tomorrow.

I'm going to try and do some math from the quick stuff I noted down, see more precisely where things stand.
  • Zemerick wrote: »
    You're not guaranteed 200 credits. I just got 145 for a match. ( Rebels death star 2 quick loss. ) There doesn't really seem to be anything besides time affecting the credits either.

Match 1: I did horrible ( first time playing since beta, new map, whole team was doing poorly so either Kashyyk rep side is a grinder, or I was with lots of people having a bad match like me. ) Anyways, it lasted quite awhile anyways, got 380 credits.

Match 2: I did noticeably better, Empire DS2, barely lost, but it was shorter. 285 credits.

Match 3: Rebels DS2, we got slaughtered. I still did ok, about even K:D ( traditionally bad for me, but it takes time to get into a game. )...but we had lots of people just suicide rushing, never even got close to finishing first objective. This was the match that got 145 credits.

Add in the obscene prices, and this is way worse than what we saw in beta. 4,000 for a crate instead of 1,100. 280k needed to unlock the heroes. ( That alone is somewhere around 1,000 matches. )

The challenges can also be very deceptive. Some will look quite nice, like 2,500 credits, but they are very few. Way more give a whole whopping 250 credits. That's 16 challenges for just 1 crate. ( well, average is going to be more like 300-350 credits per challenge, but the more rewarding challenges will also take longer. )

There is 1 single daily challenge. It's absolute trash: 100 credits for 75 multiplayer kills. Seriously, that's it. Even if you rip things up, it'll take about 1 hour to get, give you 100 credits, and then that's it. See you tomorrow.

I'm going to try and do some math from the quick stuff I noted down, see more precisely where things stand.

Someone said it was 4,000 for trooper crates, but 1000-2000 for hero crates and 3000 for starfighter crates.
  • One guy i watched on twitch got 62 kills and was awarded 365 credits in a round.
    You're not guaranteed 200 credits. I just got 145 for a match. ( Rebels death star 2 quick loss. ) There doesn't really seem to be anything besides time affecting the credits either.

Someone said it was 4,000 for trooper crates, but 1000-2000 for hero crates and 3000 for starfighter crates.

Hero crates are 2,200 and are the cheapest to buy.

I played the trial for about two hours before heading to work. Yes, it shows a credits earned between 300-400 for GA, but I played a map or two and had more than enough credits to buy a trooper crate.

I think the end games credits aren't factoring credits awarded for individual performance because I was racking up a chunk of credits without claiming any of the rewards for challenges completed.

The exact numbers are:
    Trooper 4,000 credits or 200 crystals
    Starfighter 2,400 credits or 120 crystals
    Hero 2,200 credits or 110 crystals.

Those are the only ones you can purchase.
    Zemerick wrote: »

I played the trial for about two hours before heading to work. Yes, it shows a credits earned between 300-400 for GA, but I played a map or two and had more than enough credits to buy a trooper crate.

I think the end games credits aren't factoring credits awarded for individual performance because I was racking up a chunk of credits without claiming any of the rewards for challenges completed.

Hmm, I did claim a few, and there was the 3,000 from the founders, but I don't think it adds up to my total credits yet. I'll try to look into this to see if there's just a bug not showing us how many credits we actually earned somewhere.

The exact numbers are:

Hmm, I did claim a few, and there was the 3,000 from the founders, but I don't think it adds up to my total credits yet. I'll try to look into this to see if there's just a bug not showing us how many credits we actually earned somewhere.

It does seem to add credits after what it shows at the end of a match. After 2 hours of playing the game (1hr Campaign, 30min Arcade, 40min Multiplayer) I have a total of roughly 12,000 credits. Now, subtract the 3,000 from founder crate, and 2,000 from challenges I completed that's still 7,000 earned credits. I was roughly middle of the pack in my Multiplayer matches, and "credits earned" at the end ranged from 175 (lowest) to 385 (highest I got). After backing out of a single match I noticed my credits had increased by over 1,000 at one point. So it seems that performance does matter. I (and others) won't have to wait too long for 60,000 to unlock Vader.
  • Is this just for the 10 hour trial or for the regular release as well?

The exact numbers are:

When I get home tonight, I'll track what one match gives me. My bet is that when they capped the endgame credits in the beta, the didn't correctly fix the coding on how you score factors into those endgame credits on the post-match screen.
  • Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Is this just for the 10 hour trial or for the regular release as well?

The trial IS the full game. What you see is what you get. However, they can patch things at any point in time.

The exact numbers are:

When I get home tonight, I'll track what one match gives me. My bet is that when they capped the endgame credits in the beta, the didn't correctly fix the coding on how you score factors into those endgame credits on the post-match screen.

You know, it could be that there are credits awarded additionally for other things completed, and what we see at the end of the match is just what you get for the match itself. Didn't they say there were other ways more skilled players would be earning credits quicker? Certainly feels like it so far.
  • revan225 wrote: »

The exact numbers are:

It does seem to add credits after what it shows at the end of a match. After 2 hours of playing the game (1hr Campaign, 30min Arcade, 40min Multiplayer) I have a total of roughly 12,000 credits. Now, subtract the 3,000 from founder crate, and 2,000 from challenges I completed that's still 7,000 earned credits. I was roughly middle of the pack in my Multiplayer matches, and "credits earned" at the end ranged from 175 (lowest) to 385 (highest I got). After backing out of a single match I noticed my credits had increased by over 1,000 at one point. So it seems that performance does matter. I (and others) won't have to wait too long for 60,000 to unlock Vader.

This sounds reassuring. If it accrues credits based on performance itd be nice to see them at the rnd of the match though

The exact numbers are:

This sounds reassuring. If it accrues credits based on performance itd be nice to see them at the rnd of the match though

Just double checked my credits and they're at 13,000. So yeah, it has to be providing more that what is being displayed based on performance. If the matches themselves only give a set amount, then there is no way I would be able to have that many without my performance being factored in.

The exact numbers are:

You know, it could be that there are credits awarded additionally for other things completed, and what we see at the end of the match is just what you get for the match itself. Didn't they say there were other ways more skilled players would be earning credits quicker? Certainly feels like it so far.

I think their post-game screen is just bugged. If you played the beta, the killstreak was also screwed up. That award went to who had the highest kill streak at the end of the match rather than who actually put up the highest killstreak during the match.

The exact numbers are:

I think their post-game screen is just bugged. If you played the beta, the killstreak was also screwed up. That award went to who had the highest kill streak at the end of the match rather than who actually put up the highest killstreak during the match.

True. I did notice a few minor bugs so that could be one as well. Hopefully we can get a bit more information on how it works by the time the game officially launches.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Are there things like the accomplishments from the last game, perhaps? Things that you can earn multiple times every game. In the last game they just gave you some extra score, but if they have them in this game that directly give credits, then that would give me hope.
  • Well, after 1 match, I have NOT nailed it down.

I had 3,935 credits.
    The end screen, for a win, said I earned 280 credits.
    I have 4,215 credits, which is exactly 3935+280. No extra credits earned there.
  • This is ridiculous. The system in the last game was perfect for credits.
  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    revan225 wrote: »

The exact numbers are:

But the devs have specifically said performance is not a factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=896&v=G1Ky9-OoWyo
    15 minute mark.

That was just yesterday... unless they have changed it already.
  • Saintsfan22
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Remember...you know we'll have double XP or credit weekends as well.
  • Remember...you know we'll have double XP or credit weekends as well.

I don't think there's a point to bothering with the xp. Rank 20 is all that's needed to upgrade T3 to 4, and I'm getting a rank per match. Unless the last 5 or so ranks go crazy exponential, most people will be 20 within the first few days of playing. Plenty of people probably already have it.

Anyways, I got the extra credits again. I had 4,215 and did a match where I got 380 ( which should bring me to 4,595 ). I continued into another match instead of quitting, and crashed out close to the end ( so I didn't even get that reward )...but I now have 8,095. Exactly 3,500 more than expected. I have no clue where that came from. I did complete a few challenges, but I didn't claim, and even so: 1 was a few parts, the other 250 credits.

I don't think there's a point to bothering with the xp. Rank 20 is all that's needed to upgrade T3 to 4, and I'm getting a rank per match. Unless the last 5 or so ranks go crazy exponential, most people will be 20 within the first few days of playing. Plenty of people probably already have it.

Anyways, I got the extra credits again. I had 4,215 and did a match where I got 380 ( which should bring me to 4,595 ). I continued into another match instead of quitting, and crashed out close to the end ( so I didn't even get that reward )...but I now have 8,095. Exactly 3,500 more than expected. I have no clue where that came from. I did complete a few challenges, but I didn't claim, and even so: 1 was a few parts, the other 250 credits.

Odd. Sounds like there is a bug somewhere with the credit allocation. Hopefully it gets fixed! I'll be super irritated if i do good and get the same credits as the guy on my team that monkey ***** around the entire match

Odd. Sounds like there is a bug somewhere with the credit allocation. Hopefully it gets fixed! I'll be super irritated if i do good and get the same credits as the guy on my team that monkey **** around the entire match

Yea, I really have no clue though. I can't find any indicator for what it is, or where it's coming from. It's also certainly not performance related. The first time I got that bonus, I definitely did not earn it, lol. I kind of wonder if there's like a hourly bonus perhaps. 3,500 seems a bit too big to be a chained match bonus, so it could just be that the 1 single match I did just missed whatever the actual trigger is. It's really weird, and if it's intended you would expect them to say something about it.
  • Yeah. Same credit payout is a huge dissapointment for me if that's finalized.
  • Yeah. Same credit payout is a huge dissapointment for me if that's finalized.

For now, it is. They said the trial IS the game. Nothing is final though. They can change whatever they want, whenever they want.
  • They have battlepoint system that rewards more skilled play. Why contradict that theme by making credits earned time based???
  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    They have battlepoint system that rewards more skilled play. Why contradict that theme by making credits earned time based???

On the angryjoe interview they dev replied to that question that they wanted everyone to gain crates at a similar pace, conveniently ignoring the fact you can literally spend rl money to get tons more.

15 minutes.

"we kinda want players on a level playing field progressing through crates at a similar pace" LOL the PR spin is kind of ridiculous.

it basically translates to "we want players on an even playing field, but not if they are willing to throw money our way then our ideals go out the window, give us your moneyz!" Its rare a competitive video game that does not reward actually playing well.
  • IronSoldier
    3804 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    On the angryjoe interview they dev replied to that question that they wanted everyone to gain crates at a similar pace, conveniently ignoring the fact you can literally spend rl money to get tons more.

I spent like £10 on crates yesterday. All on hero crates. Now all my heroes are at least level 8 and have 2 cards. If that's not an instant field advantage then i don't what is. My boba rockets went from damaging other heroes to killing them totally in one barrage.
  • koprich
    1438 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yeah. Same credit payout is a huge dissapointment for me if that's finalized.

For now, it is. They said the trial IS the game. Nothing is final though. They can change whatever they want, whenever they want.

This is true.

I expect this was probably intended to be the final build but they have unlimited control to change to credit earn rate or item/hero cost whenever they want.

If they kept the credit earn-rate the same but returned the loot crate cost to the 1200 it was in beta and made heroes 10k as leaks suggested, that would be closer to a more reasonable progression rate.

That would be roughly 4 games per crate so 1-2 hours per crate which isn't nearly as outrageous as the 5 hours per crate it is now.
  • Sacred_Darksoul
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    koprich wrote: »
    Yeah. Same credit payout is a huge dissapointment for me if that's finalized.

This is true.

I expect this was probably intended to be the final build but they have unlimited control to change to credit earn rate or item/hero cost whenever they want.

If they kept the credit earn-rate the same but returned the loot crate cost to the 1200 it was in beta and made heroes 10k as leaks suggested, that would be closer to a more reasonable progression rate.

That would be roughly 4 games per crate so 1-2 hours per crate which isn't nearly as outrageous as the 5 hours per crate it is now.

Its funny in the beta people complained it took too long to get crates, now things are so bad going back to the beta numbers feels like paradise.

I was really starting to believe in ea/dice when they said they listened to player feedback and they announced https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/progression-oct-2017, but now origin access numbers makes me feel like were worse off than where we started.
  • I can't believe you guys thought EA would actually do anything?

It knows the majority will still buy it, it knows out of those people there will be enough whales to justify the silly grind / progression system and ultimately it will ride this license into the ground because its all about making money now not investing in top quality franchises.

Look at the savage reviews for the new NFS, a game with a ridiculous grind that exists once again to justify buying crates with real world money.
  • I'm dissapointed in this too. Takes the whole motivation of playing well out of the game. Very unfair.
  • so if Vader costs 60k and I only get 200 per match, that means I gotta play 300 matches just to unlock one hero and nothing else? let's be conservative and say each match is 10 minutes (conservative) by my calculation that means 50 hours of play to unlock ONE HERO???

Dice.....I have been defending you and battlefront for years now. with all the hate you got which I thought was mostly unwarranted, I defended tooth and nail. if I am missing something, please say. if this is actually true, it is utter ridiculousness and I will NOT buy this game
  • so if Vader costs 60k and I only get 200 per match, that means I gotta play 300 matches just to unlock one hero and nothing else? let's be conservative and say each match is 10 minutes (conservative) by my calculation that means 50 hours of play to unlock ONE HERO???

Dice.....I have been defending you and battlefront for years now. with all the hate you got which I thought was mostly unwarranted, I defended tooth and nail. if I am missing something, please say. if this is actually true, it is utter ridiculousness and I will NOT buy this game

I'm going to wait and see what the actual launch numbers will be for everything before I go off the rails. Some_info on Reddit has leaked that Vader and Luke will be 10K on launch with others being 5K
  • I love people still "giving it a chance" and "waiting".

People it won't get better, not for you. It is designed to get you to spend money, end of debate.

I'm going to wait and see what the actual launch numbers will be for everything before I go off the rails. Some_info on Reddit has leaked that Vader and Luke will be 10K on launch with others being 5K

And devs and mods have said this trial is the same as the game at launch, just with a timer and lock on campaign. Prices are all the same.

Plus, ask yourself WHY would they do that? They would just have to refund the money spent on them anyways, so might as well change it here and now. The only thing having prices high now, without telling anyone, would do is give more people a reason not to buy the game. Obviously, that isn't something they would want to do. So, they would either let people know the price is temporary, or keep the price the same.
  • Blastiel wrote: »
    I love people still "giving it a chance" and "waiting".

People it won't get better, not for you. It is designed to get you to spend money, end of debate.

I love all the people that are on here and reddit just bashing everything about the game. I understand everyone's problems with the game and if the credit system/price of heroes stays the same I'll be upset too.

Maybe we should put a petition together here or on Reddit for it to be changed by launch. Anyone interested?
  • I've been getting 300-400 per match in Starfighter Assault...

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Blastiel wrote: »

I love all the people that are on here and reddit just bashing everything about the game. I understand everyone's problems with the game and if the credit system/price of heroes stays the same I'll be upset too.

Maybe we should put a petition together here or on Reddit for it to be changed by launch. Anyone interested?

Can we petition loot boxes too? :)

• ZeroAffex wrote: »
    Blastiel wrote: »

Can we petition loot boxes too? :)

I honestly don't think loot boxes will go anywhere but I would be all for a petition for

A. Getting rewarded by your achievements in each match by a proportional amount of credits, not just time spent in each match
    B. Loot boxes being purely cosmetic would be best, or even putting a cap on what type of upgrades you can get. Possibly just the first couple of tiers, and basic weapon attachments. Loot boxes are trickier because we all know they won't get rid of them all the way
  • I praying like hell. At least give us some in incentive to play a match and play it well. How many people will just AFK or play in the background just to get credits for completion of the match?
  • i will play and have fun even if i get 1 credits per game

• I've been getting 300-400 per match in Starfighter Assault...

hah good to know . loved the flying in the first one and this time it's 10x better and exhilarating. guess I'll be playing star fighter way more
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I'm dissapointed in this too. Takes the whole motivation of playing well out of the game. Very unfair.

I have to agree with this.
  • Wait, the heroes have to be bought with credits before you can play them?
  • i will play and have fun even if i get 1 credits per game

I definitely plan on playing and enjoying myself but I would like what I do in each match to actually matter
  • Saintsfan22
    259 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    so if Vader costs 60k and I only get 200 per match, that means I gotta play 300 matches just to unlock one hero and nothing else? let's be conservative and say each match is 10 minutes (conservative) by my calculation that means 50 hours of play to unlock ONE HERO???

I don’t think it will take that long to get Vader. Players of average skill level say they’ve collected 15,000 credits in just 3 hours of play.