criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

I've exclusively played HvV during the 8/10 hours I've been given through EA Access. Observations...

I'll start off by saying the game looks fantastic visually. There was a lot of chatter about "downgraded graphics" and whatnot but I'm impressed with what I've seen. I'm playing on the Xbox One X; it runs the game at 4k (not native), 60 FPS, HDR. I can't stress enough how fantastic the game looks on the One X.
I didn't bother with saving up for any of the locked characters since I have such a short amount of time with the game through EA Access. There are a lot of challenges that you can complete that are fairly easy. They give you credits or parts. You dont seem to get a lot of credits from HvV games; I averaged around 200 per game. The completed challenges is where I got a decent amount of credits. Anyway, onto the main points of this thread.

!!!Caution!!!: Everything after this sentence is opinionated...
  • Heroes
  1. Luke- played with him in arcade. He's fun. He feels good. He's definitely not the fastest in the game; that honor either goes to Kylo or Maul and I think Kylo has the edge. He has 700 health and I'm sort of worried about that because Vader has 900 with the potential to have 1050 through a Star Card. They matched or closely kept heroes' health with their counterpart (Rey and Kylo at 750, Yoda and Maul at 700, Chewie at 650 and Bossk at 600) but didn't do the same with Luke and Vader. His Star Cards are alright. Some seem rather weak (different point for later). Jury's still out on him because I havent played with him online or seen someone play with him. Hopefully he can hold his own against Vader
  2. Leia- played with her in arcade. She feels strong. She still has her defensive feel with the squad shield but she packs a harder punch this year. She has some decent Star Cards; nothing out of the ordinary. Again, I didn't play online with her or see someone play online with her so I'll have to wait and see how good she is.
  3. Han- same as the Beta. Keep your distance and you do really good damage.
  4. Chewie- didn't play with him. He has 650 health. Odd because you'd think he'd be the tank of the Heroes but he isnt.
  5. Lando- very fun! Feels better than last game. His abilities are cohesive. I enjoyed playing with him.
  6. Rey- same as the beta besides having her health bumped up to 750. Shes the tank of the Heroes; odd. Really enjoy playing with her.
  7. Yoda- his "block" is his Force absorb. Hold the block down, absorb the bullets, then press your Unleash for a stronger Unleash. His size works in and against his favor against other heroes. He's agile and hard to hit if you have a blaster but saber wielders can easily take him on. You have to slash upward so it takes a little more than just spamming your attack. You have to keep looking up at your opponent. He'll take some getting used to.
  • Villains
  1. Vader- cant stress how strong he is. Played with him in arcade and he feels like a beast. The new thing with his Choke is that you have to keep tapping the attack button to do damage to whoever you're choking. He has some really good Star Cards. I didnt play with him online but I played against him and it was a nightmare to go against. I played Yoda and stood no chance. He destroyed my whole team with ease; this sort of plays into my fear of not having a Hero to be able to counter Vader since Luke isn't as healthy as Vader. We'll see how it plays out in the future...
  2. Emperor- played with him in arcade and he kinda sucked. He can't block. The "block" button makes him use his left hand to attack and the attack button makes his right hand attack; hold both down and he uses two hands to attack with his lightning. Using two hands makes your attacks stronger but it drains faster. Not sure the thought process behind this. His chain lightning is meh. He needs Star Cards to do better damage. Not sure why he doesnt have a similar Force absorb mechanic like Yoda but whatever...
  3. Boba- same as the beta. All the enemy Bobas find the highest vantage point on the map and camp up there.
  4. Bossk- I dont like him. They consolidated his kit from last year into his new abilities. His Relby shoots more like a shotgun now. I'm just not a fan of him.
  5. Iden- never played with or against her. Not excited to play with her, anyway
  6. Maul- similar to the Beta. Absolute beast. They did shorten the lockout between your dashes to make it more fluid; thats a big plus. He's fine as he is. He has some pretty good Star Cards, too.
  7. Kylo- so so so fun. He's probably the fastest in the game. He has some great Star Cards. I love his kit.

About some Star Cards...
Some absolutely suck stat-wise. Particularly ones that deal with stamina, theres no incentive to even use the legendary version of those cards. Luke has a saber SC that, when a legendary card, it reduces the stamina drained from attacking and blocking by 10%. 10%...What kind of "legendary" is that? That sucks. Similarly, Rey and Yoda have legendary cards that allow them to drain 15% less stamina when attacking. Again, 15% less for a legendary card sucks. It should be more like 20-30% to make it worthwhile. Luke and Maul have damage reduction cards from their Rush/Spin that, when in legendary form, it only reduces damage inflicted onto them by 15%. Thats weak. Time will tell with some of these cards. I obviously dont want legendary cards to be unbalanced and broken but some are obviously weak.

All in all, I'm having a blast. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Replies

• I agree with just about everything you've said here lol. In my like 6/10 hrs ive played so far of the trial, I can honestly say this game is awesome.
    The custom arcade mode is great too(but could use some more modes and vehicles)

I've been saving up credits to get Luke or Vader to play in multiplayer. (60,000 credits is a bit hefty, but I guess you will have one more thing to grind (or pay...) to get.
    (BTW, I bet EA's logic on Vader's health is "Hes got armor on, so, eh, give him 900 hp"...)
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    I'll start off by saying the game looks fantastic visually. There was a lot of chatter about "downgraded graphics" and whatnot but I'm impressed with what I've seen. I'm playing on the Xbox One X; it runs the game at 4k (not native), 60 FPS, HDR. I can't stress enough how fantastic the game looks on the One X.
    I didn't bother with saving up for any of the locked characters since I have such a short amount of time with the game through EA Access. There are a lot of challenges that you can complete that are fairly easy. They give you credits or parts. You dont seem to get a lot of credits from HvV games; I averaged around 200 per game. The completed challenges is where I got a decent amount of credits. Anyway, onto the main points of this thread.

• Heroes
    1. Luke- played with him in arcade. He's fun. He feels good. He's definitely not the fastest in the game; that honor either goes to Kylo or Maul and I think Kylo has the edge. He has 700 health and I'm sort of worried about that because Vader has 900 with the potential to have 1050 through a Star Card. They matched or closely kept heroes' health with their counterpart (Rey and Kylo at 750, Yoda and Maul at 700, Chewie at 650 and Bossk at 600) but didn't do the same with Luke and Vader. His Star Cards are alright. Some seem rather weak (different point for later). Jury's still out on him because I havent played with him online or seen someone play with him. Hopefully he can hold his own against Vader
    2. Leia- played with her in arcade. She feels strong. She still has her defensive feel with the squad shield but she packs a harder punch this year. She has some decent Star Cards; nothing out of the ordinary. Again, I didn't play online with her or see someone play online with her so I'll have to wait and see how good she is.
    4. Chewie- didn't play with him. He has 650 health. Odd because you'd think he'd be the tank of the Heroes but he isnt.
    5. Lando- very fun! Feels better than last game. His abilities are cohesive. I enjoyed playing with him.
    6. Rey- same as the beta besides having her health bumped up to 750. Shes the tank of the Heroes; odd. Really enjoy playing with her.
    7. Yoda- his "block" is his Force absorb. Hold the block down, absorb the bullets, then press your Unleash for a stronger Unleash. His size works in and against his favor against other heroes. He's agile and hard to hit if you have a blaster but saber wielders can easily take him on. You have to slash upward so it takes a little more than just spamming your attack. You have to keep looking up at your opponent. He'll take some getting used to.
    • Villains
    1. Vader- cant stress how strong he is. Played with him in arcade and he feels like a beast. The new thing with his Choke is that you have to keep tapping the attack button to do damage to whoever you're choking. He has some really good Star Cards. I didnt play with him online but I played against him and it was a nightmare to go against. I played Yoda and stood no chance. He destroyed my whole team with ease; this sort of plays into my fear of not having a Hero to be able to counter Vader since Luke isn't as healthy as Vader. We'll see how it plays out in the future...
    2. Emperor- played with him in arcade and he kinda sucked. He can't block. The "block" button makes him use his left hand to attack and the attack button makes his right hand attack; hold both down and he uses two hands to attack with his lightning. Using two hands makes your attacks stronger but it drains faster. Not sure the thought process behind this. His chain lightning is meh. He needs Star Cards to do better damage. Not sure why he doesnt have a similar Force absorb mechanic like Yoda but whatever...
    3. Boba- same as the beta. All the enemy Bobas find the highest vantage point on the map and camp up there.
    4. Bossk- I dont like him. They consolidated his kit from last year into his new abilities. His Relby shoots more like a shotgun now. I'm just not a fan of him.
    6. Maul- similar to the Beta. Absolute beast. They did shorten the lockout between your dashes to make it more fluid; thats a big plus. He's fine as he is. He has some pretty good Star Cards, too.
    7. Kylo- so so so fun. He's probably the fastest in the game. He has some great Star Cards. I love his kit.

About some Star Cards...
    Some absolutely suck stat-wise. Particularly ones that deal with stamina, theres no incentive to even use the legendary version of those cards. Luke has a saber SC that, when a legendary card, it reduces the stamina drained from attacking and blocking by 10%. 10%...What kind of "legendary" is that? That sucks. Similarly, Rey and Yoda have legendary cards that allow them to drain 15% less stamina when attacking. Again, 15% less for a legendary card sucks. It should be more like 20-30% to make it worthwhile. Luke and Maul have damage reduction cards from their Rush/Spin that, when in legendary form, it only reduces damage inflicted onto them by 15%. Thats weak. Time will tell with some of these cards. I obviously dont want legendary cards to be unbalanced and broken but some are obviously weak.

I think those percentages are low bc of the health regen. Those defensive cards will still beast.

At first I thought Yoda was a game wrecker bc of how hard he is to shoot, but after playing with him. He does take some skill to use. It takes a good 3 or 4 saber strikes to kill most infantry.
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    I agree with just about everything you've said here lol. In my like 6/10 hrs ive played so far of the trial, I can honestly say this game is awesome.
    The custom arcade mode is great too(but could use some more modes and vehicles)

I've been saving up credits to get Luke or Vader to play in multiplayer. (60,000 credits is a bit hefty, but I guess you will have one more thing to grind (or pay...) to get.
    (BTW, I bet EA's logic on Vader's health is "Hes got armor on, so, eh, give him 900 hp"...)

yeah im fine with Vader having 900 health. I just think that the Heroes should have a "tank" as well. Right now their tank is Rey at 750 health. Someone shouldve been given 800 health to counter Vader. Luke or Chewie could've fit the bill. But yeah the game is loads of fun

• Heroes
    • Villains

About some Star Cards...

I think those percentages are low bc of the health regen. Those defensive cards will still beast.

At first I thought Yoda was a game wrecker bc of how hard he is to shoot, but after playing with him. He does take some skill to use. It takes a good 3 or 4 saber strikes to kill most infantry.

Maybe so but most people will just go for the cards that buff abilities. Stamina cards will already be outliers and making them rather lackluster, even when legendary status, doesn't help its case for getting used. I just want to actually realize that my cards are working to my advantage. What is 15% less stamina per attack to me? One more swing? Theres better cards if that's the case.
    Yeah Yoda will take some skill to master. He's interesting.
    Landeaux wrote: »

• Heroes
    • Villains

About some Star Cards...

Maybe so but most people will just go for the cards that buff abilities. Stamina cards will already be outliers and making them rather lackluster, even when legendary status, doesn't help its case for getting used. I just want to actually realize that my cards are working to my advantage. What is 15% less stamina per attack to me? One more swing? Theres better cards if that's the case.
    Yeah Yoda will take some skill to master. He's interesting.

Yeah, I get you there. I didn't have any plans of using it. With the way these heroes play, if it takes more than 4 strikes with sabor, you probably put yourself in a bad spot.
  • I played on the ONE X as well as PC and my one X had frame rate drops BIGTIME!
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What I have seen the HvV is maybe too chaotic for sith and jedi. I think I'll be using Boba and Lando for this mode.

I'll be enjoying 1v1 saber duels in offline arcade with my cousin. :)
  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member
    I used Palpy in arcade and he was just awful :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I agree, although I haven't tried all. The ones I did try:
    • Luke: Just for a short time, better than the last game, his voice is better as well, feels like Luke now.
    • Han: Same as beta, still think Shoulder Charge needs a buff, but I like that his Rapid Fire thing doesn't zoom that much anymore.
    • Chewie: didn't try him that much, maybe a bit weaker than I expected, or that's just because BF1 version was a Hulk
    • Lando: awesome! Lot better than his last game version, even in HvV. His X-8 is better in every aspects, smoke surprisingly helps a lot, and his decoy's shocking detonation helps in HvV to stop the Lightsaber users for a bit. Still figuring out his Precision Shot thing
    • Palp: abilities awesome, main lightning bad. Overheats quickly, doesn't deal much damage
    • Boba: huge improvement from the last game. Camp in the air or higher points in GA and HvV and he is unstopable. I just miss his ADS and flametrower melee is kinda useless
    • Bossk: I don't like him, doesn't fit my playstyle, but he looks good in good hands
    • Yoda: perfect, just perfect
    • Maul: okay
    • Rey: still can't decide if she needs a buff or she is okay, mind trick can be deadly
    • Kylo: best of the best, powerful abilities
    • Iden: I have better things to spend on my 20K credits
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo wrote: »

Why do they always make the Emperor so weak for? The dude is squishy & does barely any damage compared to the other siths. HP wise I would of thought he'd rank after Darth Vader with 800-750 but instead he has 600 HP. Even Rey has more HP then the guy, appalling. His normal base lightning overheats way too quickly aswell. To top it all of he can't use his Force Dash while jumping/airborne.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member
    Shinjuku wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Why do they always make the Emperor so weak for? The dude is squishy & does barely any damage compared to the other siths. HP wise I would of thought he'd rank after Darth Vader with 800-750 but instead he has 600 HP. Even Rey has more HP then the guy, appalling. His normal base lightning overheats way too quickly aswell. To top it all of he can't use his Force Dash while jumping/airborne.

Wait until he is the target in HvV and he gets rushed by 4 rebel heroes.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthCapa2
    2986 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well.. play as hero in arcade is easy. We can't use that for say that heroes are ok. In my opinion in multiplayer they are underpowered. I play the game thanks to ea access so i know what i'm talking about. Heroes feels too fragile for their cost in battle points.
    My problems is their health. It was perfect in the pre-alpha, now they are too fragile, they need some health buffs. Not more health but better health in terms of regeneration. Is easy die as a hero, considering how many heroes you face in the opposite team (6 heroes at once in galactic assault are too much guys).
  • bfloo
    15841 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Well.. play as hero in arcade is easy. We can't use that for say that heroes are ok. In my opinion in multiplayer they are underpowered. I play the game thanks to ea access so i know what i'm talking about. Heroes feels too fragile for their cost in battle points.
    My problems is their health. It was perfect in the pre-alpha, now they are too fragile, they need some health buffs. Not more health but better health in terms of regeneration. Is easy die as a hero, considering how many heroes you face in the opposite team (6 heroes at once in galactic assault are too much guys).

Palpy wasn't even good in arcade :'(

h846398gb27k.png

• HeavyTeemu wrote: »
    What I have seen the HvV is maybe too chaotic for sith and jedi. I think I'll be using Boba and Lando for this mode.

I'll be enjoying 1v1 saber duels in offline arcade with my cousin. :)

I really hope they make an online private match duel mode!
  • bfloo wrote: »

LOL
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »

there are some star cards that give your hero health for defeating an infantry, and even more health for defeating an enemy hero
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited November 2017

1db7193c482f5ef2157f34fd1f70262c.png
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Question: Who's going to counter this?
    https://youtu.be/2u2w0hNsA8Y
    I'm fine with Vader being strong but someone should be able to counteract him. Vader's obvious counters should be Luke and Obi Wan (along with sand). There's no Obi at the moment but there is Luke. I don't see Luke being strong enough to face Vader. Make Luke geared towards being offensive and he gets blown up; make him defensive (though his defensive SC suck) and he doesn't do enough sustainable damage. What gives?