criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Crystals = how many credits?

valeri0706
632 posts Member
edited November 2017
So can someone tell me how many crystals relate to how many credits? Can you buy credits with crystals or only lootboxes?

Thank you.

Replies

• 3mptyChance
    49 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    1 crystal = 20 Credits. Directly buying credits with crystals so far I'm not aware of.
    (30 min play translates to roughly 345 credits)
    trooper crate 4000 Credits or 200 Crystals;
    hero crate 2200 Credits or 110 Crystals;
    starfighter crate 2400 Credits or 120 Crystals

Post edited by 3mptyChance on
  • Thanks for clarifying!
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    But you can’t convert crystals to credits. I mean if you wanna buy Vader for 60k credits you can’t directly use your crystals. You have to use your crystals to buy crates than pray they contain credits enough to buy Vader.

This is basically gambling. No way to buy directly what u want. You have to buy crates and wish for the best.
  • gzcnr wrote: »
    But you can’t convert crystals to credits. I mean if you wanna buy Vader for 60k credits you can’t directly use your crystals. You have to use your crystals to buy crates than pray they contain credits enough to buy Vader.

This is basically gambling. No way to buy directly what u want. You have to buy crates and wish for the best.

It's not actually gambling, but there are similarities. Lootcrates are more like mystery sales, or trading card packs. The difference between it and gambling comes down to the fact that there is always a guaranteed payout. You never receive nothing for your cost.

With gambling you accept that there is no guaranteed payout. You have the highest odds of getting nothing, slim odds of breaking even, and in truth almost zero odds that you're going to come out ahead.

When you buy a mystery box or a pack of cards, you know it won't be empty. It might contain nothing that you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you got something for your cost.

This is basically the line that the ESRB has drawn on the practice of lootboxes in games. As long as you get something of value(even if it has no value to you) it's not gambling.