criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Credits earning rates evaluation and discussion

We've seen a lot of people talk about how much credits we earn, but what we've seen little of is real numbers reported by users. In his thread I hope we can discuss credit earnings in a calm fashion, and hopefully players can bring real examples of their own earnings during the trial and into and through launch.

These are the numbers from my own trial as it stands, with less than five hours remaining, which is vague but it's the best I can get from the EA Access info available. I played a mix of campaign, arcade, and several game types in multiplayer. Earnings come from arcade and multiplayer, unless we are considering challenges from the campaign, which thankfully I also have kept track of.

The biggest question mark is time played, because I don't have exact numbers, and I spent a fair amount of time in campaign, at least an hour. However, I will calculate the earning per hour on three separate time frames, six hours, which is the maximum possible, four hours, which is the minimum time I spent in multiplayer and arcade combined, and five hours, which is my best estimation at actual time spent.

20,265 total credits. This is earned from play, challenges, founders, daily
4,350 of these were earned from challenges
3,000 we from my founders crate.

13,015 is the remaining value of earned credits, minus all sources that are not directly from just playing. So no challenges, no founders crates.

At six hours, which as I said was the maximum possible play time that equals 2,169 credits per hour. That's a crate every two hours, Vader or Luke in about twenty seven to twenty eight hours.

At four hours, our absolute minimum 3,253 credits per hour. I'm not going to do crate/hero unlocks for this one.

At five hours played, which is the likely to be he most accurate, I made2,603 credits per hour average at that rate, I could get a trooper crate at around 100 minutes, or unlock Luke or Vader in just over 23 hours.

So now that all that maths done , let's discuss. I'm really hoping some of the other people here have access to their trial earning. Did you have similar earnings, higher, or lower?

Do you think 2,603 credits per hour is a decent spot, or is it too low? If you think it's too low, what do you feel would be a fair average earnings per hour?

Replies

• I want more credits in match for sure. I would also hope there are challenges everyday or week, maybe weekend bonuses. I earned more than 50,000 credits in my 10 hrs. I think I bought a crate but then just saved all my credits from the trial after that. BTW I only played GA
  • I want more credits in match for sure. I would also hope there are challenges everyday or week, maybe weekend bonuses. I earned more than 50,000 credits in my 10 hrs. I think I bought a crate but then just saved all my credits from the trial after that. BTW I only played GA

Dude that's beastly. I'm assuming that includes your challenges as well? Even if that's the case though that's some serious credits.

I think we'll see updates to challenges, with weekly, daily(I think these need to be increased because during the trial the were only 100credits if I recall) and perhaps even "season" long challenges.

I think a bump in credits per match could be good as well, which we may be seeing in the form of a performance bonus.
  • 10 hours and earned 32k credits. I split my time between GA and HvV and completed a bunch of challenges.
  • Given the large cost of things like heroes, it feels hard to believe that the credits earned will be able to go towards anything but unlocking heroes themselves. With the fact that class power ups and customization locked away behind loot boxes that we have to pay for with credits as well, unless the amount of credits goes up, or the costs go down, players will be having to make these insane choices between letting others who either pay real money for loo boxes (the pay to win problem), or choose to forgo heroes (the content locked away issue), crush them because they don't have skills or spending the credits to upgrade classes and losing out on being able to play heroes they love. This seems frankly unfair, especially for people who have full time jobs, are active service members who can only game once in a long while, parents, students, and anyone who has any sort of actual time commitment beyond being a streamer of video games. If DICE or EA lowers the cost, or increases the gain of credits, that would go a ways toward making sure that the players who aren't teens on holiday have a real chance at staying both competitive and being able to experience the gameplay of iconic heroes like Vader. If they don't change these things soon, all the negative press about it is going to drive away sales and leave the game pretty barren despite the good will they would have had from ditching the season pass model.
  • I've heard that multi player credits are a flat team amount and not based on how well you play individually. Also, you get more credits depending on how deep the game goes. This concerns me since many games end early. It seems like the harder you play the objective the quicker the game will end, which means you'll be rewarded less for playing well. I'm hoping I heard wrong. Does anyone know if this is correct?
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    I've heard that multi player credits are a flat team amount and not based on how well you play individually. Also, you get more credits depending on how deep the game goes. This concerns me since many games end early. It seems like the harder you play the objective the quicker the game will end, which means you'll be rewarded less for playing well. I'm hoping I heard wrong. Does anyone know if this is correct?

There is a flat pay rate for time, and games are ending early a bit often right now, but I've seen both of them addressed by the developers as things being looked at. Think that letter poolshark stickied today mentions the addition of some kind of preformance bonus.

The thing that interest me the most is the fairly large pay discrepancy between my numbers and those reddit numbers about 40 hours to unlock a top cost hero, when without challenges I was on pace to do it in 23 hours. That's an unusually large difference if it's just a flat time bonus and there isn't either something going on with credits that not being reported to the players, or some kind of bug.

Theres even a guy on pace with challenges included to unlock one of the 60K heroes in around a dozen hours. That's why I'm hoping to get some more numbers from other members, hopefully with challenge numbers not included.
  • The problem is SIMPLE and you don't need to work out any complicated calculations.

EA have built the progression and unlock system around YOU spending more money which is why the rate of earning is so low. This will not change unless people boycott the game, let them know **** practices like this are not welcome in $60 games!
  • Blastiel wrote: »
    The problem is SIMPLE and you don't need to work out any complicated calculations.

EA have built the progression and unlock system around YOU spending more money which is why the rate of earning is so low. This will not change unless people boycott the game, let them know **** practices like this are not welcome in $60 games!

Dude, there plenty of thread to complain about this stuff in, if you aren't interested in discussing credit earning rates you are in the wrong place. Stop trying to turn the whole board into the same thread.
  • Dude, there plenty of thread to complain about this stuff in, if you aren't interested in discussing credit earning rates you are in the wrong place. Stop trying to turn the whole board into the same thread.

I was discussing the credit system, did you even read the post.

If you can't grasp the concept that the game is the way it is to MAKE MONEY then no amount of whining on a forum will help you!

• 2000 credits seems fair if unlocking all heroes is a long time goal, beside buying loot crates to improve the weapons. At least, I've one month during the TLJ season to save enough credits for the CW season heroes.
    However, not everybody can spent 10 hours daily for 32-50k credits. Nonetheless, I am not going to spent real money for progression. Just for skins or other stuff.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Dude, there plenty of thread to complain about this stuff in, if you aren't interested in discussing credit earning rates you are in the wrong place. Stop trying to turn the whole board into the same thread.

I was discussing the credit system, did you even read the post.

If you can't grasp the concept that the game is the way it is to MAKE MONEY then no amount of whining on a forum will help you!
    If you can't grasp the concept the every gameis a way to make money no amount of whining on a forum is going to help you.

I haven't done any whining at all, just started a thread about credits. I noticed some interesting discrepancies between my results and another sources results. Did you play in the trial? What did your earnings come out to?
  • If you can't grasp the concept the every gameis a way to make money no amount of whining on a forum is going to help you.

I haven't done any whining at all, just started a thread about credits. I noticed some interesting discrepancies between my results and another sources results. Did you play in the trial? What did your earnings come out to?

A full priced retail game makes it money at the point of sale, it doesn't need free to play mechanics like Pay2Win loot boxes.

• 2000 credits seems fair if unlocking all heroes is a long time goal, beside buying loot crates to improve the weapons. At least, I've one month during the TLJ season to save enough credits for the CW season heroes.
    However, not everybody can spent 10 hours daily for 32-50k credits. Nonetheless, I am not going to spent real money for progression. Just for skins or other stuff.

No doubt not everybody can spend 10 hours a day, that's why I was looking at credits per hour. I haven't even finished my ten hour trial, and I got it as soon as it became available. I'm not spending any money on the game either.

I also think with more information we can pin down some helpful details, like which modes provide the best pay for time, for people who want to maximize earnings.
    If you can't grasp the concept the every gameis a way to make money no amount of whining on a forum is going to help you.

A full priced retail game makes it money at the point of sale, it doesn't need free to play mechanics like Pay2Win loot boxes.

Cool story bro, this thread isn't about p2w lootboxes. It's about credits that you earn by playing the game.
  • The average player earns about 300 credits a match which lasts about 15 minutes. That means most people will earn about 1200 credits in an hour.
  • Not including challenges etc.
    Blastiel wrote: »

Cool story bro, this thread isn't about p2w lootboxes. It's about credits that you earn by playing the game.

Yup, the credits are effected by the Pay2Win lootboxes. EA has to push you to buy them and as a consequence makes credits slow to earn and makes them expendable on as many resources as possible.

You to blinkered to see that?

Let it go dude. I know you think you are really smart and saving all the ignorant people from these horrible injustices, but you are just off topic spamming the thread.

Nothing EA does can force me to buy loot crates, just like nothing they do can force me to buy the game. I've seen all the same videos about micro transactions over the years. I know all about manipulative gambling techniques. I've played the beta, and played the trial and made my own decision as an educated adult to buy the game.

This thread is about credits, not about p2w lootcrates. It's not about the decisions that lead to credits, or how we feel about them. There is a dedicated thread for you to take your p2w lootcrate rage. Make your voice heard by putting it in the right place. You're not going to change anyone's mind one way or another about buying the game by derailing a topic about credits.

• Let it go dude. I know you think you are really smart and saving all the ignorant people from these horrible injustices, but you are just off topic spamming the thread.

Nothing EA does can force me to buy loot crates, just like nothing they do can force me to buy the game. I've seen all the same videos about micro transactions over the years. I know all about manipulative gambling techniques. I've played the beta, and played the trial and made my own decision as an educated adult to buy the game.

This thread is about credits, not about p2w lootcrates. It's not about the decisions that lead to credits, or how we feel about them. There is a dedicated thread for you to take your p2w lootcrate rage. Make your voice heard by putting it in the right place. You're not going to change anyone's mind one way or another about buying the game by derailing a topic about credits.

This is a discussion about the rate of earning credits in game.

The rate is determined by one thing, the premium economy and the need to push players towards spending real world money.

That is a fact and is an important and valid comment to make in this thread.

Why don't you give up defending a **** system?

Let it go dude. I know you think you are really smart and saving all the ignorant people from these horrible injustices, but you are just off topic spamming the thread.

The rate is determined by one thing, the premium economy and the need to push players towards spending real world money.

I'm not defending anything. This has nothing to do with attacking or defending monetization. You are adding nothing. What exactly is your goal here?
  • The average player earns about 300 credits a match which lasts about 15 minutes. That means most people will earn about 1200 credits in an hour.

Mind if I ask where is that average coming from?

2 questions for you:

1 - Do you believe that the progression systeam would be more or less over convoluted without a premium currency?

2 - Would you rather the game to have a premium currency or not?

(I make this questions before honestly I'm not sure what are you trying to defend)

I'm not defending anything. This has nothing to do with attacking or defending monetization. You are adding nothing. What exactly is your goal here?

The monetisation of the game effects the in game economy which is what this thread is complaining about.

I can't think of any more ways to phrase it to help you understand that they are intrinsically linked.

Based on what other people have been earning in the early access
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    The average player earns about 300 credits a match which lasts about 15 minutes. That means most people will earn about 1200 credits in an hour.

2 questions for you:

1 - Do you believe that the progression systeam would be more or less over convoluted without a premium currency?

2 - Would you rather the game to have a premium currency or not?

(I make this questions before honestly I'm not sure what are you trying to defend)

I'm literally not trying to defend anything. This thread is to discuss earnings in game and if they are well balanced. I haven't stated my own opinions about it for the most part in this thread. All I've said so far is I feel like the credits per hour could probably use a bump.

As for your questions

1)I don't personally find the progression system to be very complicated, but if you are asking if I think it would be more simple without premium currency, possibly. It would depend on how the system changed. If they just replaced it with a new type of crafting piece it would remain as pretty much the same from a complication standpoint. It could be made more simple with or without premium currency.

2)I don't really care. I was playing and having fun during the trial without even spending any credits. I have one star card equipped on one of my classes, that I got for playing the class for ten minutes.

More importantly I have no starcards on my starfighters and consistently finished in the top three on my team in matches. I will easily put a hundred hours into starfighter Assult.

The only crates I opened during the trial were my founders and my dailies. I got a card for the Emperor, a card for a Lando, and a card for some other class besides my heavy class. I was operating with the bare minimum and was still having fun despite playing against other players who had opened boxes, some with credits, some with cash.

So, it really comes down to post release content in my eyes. I didn't want to pay more money for a season pass, that's taken care of. If this monetization plan results in an equal amount or more post release content than the last game had I would have to say it works for me. If not, I will consider it a loss.

I've seen this go both ways with games, some put more and more content in as a game goes on to keep more people playing longer, others take the money and run. It doesn't really matter to me though, because again I won't be buying any crystals either way.

I'm not under the illusion that video game companies need further monetization methods to pay the bills or feed their families. I know that they literally want to make as much money as possible. I have just seen it going on in triple a games for a long enough amount of time I can't be bothered to care. FIFA ultimate team has been using pretty much this exact same method for around a decade.

If this game never adds a single piece of content, I already know I'm going to get my money's worth out of it. I'll unlock everything, or I won't. I was simply trying to discuss an aspect of the game I thought was interesting and that other people might have found interesting. This was just about how many credits people were getting per hour.

The monetisation of the game effects the in game economy which is what this thread is complaining about.

I can't think of any more ways to phrase it to help you understand that they are intrinsically linked.

This thread wasn't complaining about anything. It was discussing an aspect of the game.
    The average player earns about 300 credits a match which lasts about 15 minutes. That means most people will earn about 1200 credits in an hour.

Where can I see these numbers?
  • When i was a kid we had games with hidden unlockables that you had to be an absolute elite gamer to unlock.

I went through several of my favourite games never unlocking elite items. Would it be worth playing the game if they just gave you all heroes straight up.

New heroes are a reward for committing to playing the game for a long time. The idea is that you use your credits to upgrade star cards and classes. Then when you absolutely slay because of skill and upgrades you can then work towards the extra bonus of some new heroes.

We already have a huge assortment of special classes and heroes to play as. This is still o e of the most comprehensive star wars experiences ever.

As for earning i mainly play Starfighter Assault and played the beta and my full 10 hour trial. I am usually in the top 2 or 3 in my team if not the game.

I found that I was earning around 250 to 300 credits per game and every 3 or 4 games or so getting between 500 and 1000 credits from challenges.

Through loot crates and other bonuses ive managed to rack up about 1300 crafting parts too.

Saying all of this i would love to see a few more credits each match. Not to the point where everything is handed to you but maybe just give us between 500 and 800 per match.

This thread wasn't complaining about anything. It was discussing an aspect of the game.

Thread title is "Credits earning rates evaluation and discussion:

....I came in and discussed it. Problem?

Thread title is "Credits earning rates evaluation and discussion:

....I came in and discussed it. Problem?

The problem is all you are talking about is how monetization effects game design, which is obviously a thread you should make, because you're super interested in the topic. Your clearly not open to an actual discussion. You just want to go on about the evils of modern video games. Like it's this big new secret thing and we all better stand up right now before it's too late guys!

The wars been lost for a long time mate. Every body with their moral high ground let it happen for pretty much a decade already. FIFA makes a billion dollars a year off of ultimate team, do you constantly spam that forum?

Sorry man, I'm not going to skip the one game I'm getting this year to help you send a message.
  • I'm not asking you to mate, that isn't the point of this topic.

The topic is the credit system in game which as I have said is linked to the desire to sell premium loot boxes. The rate will not change to any great desire while the desire to sell said loot boxes exist.

Do you have anything to add?
  • "This will not change unless people boycott the game, let them know **** practices like this are not welcome in $60 games!"

You said this in your first post in the thread. I guess your just trying to keep yourself busy while you wait for he game to come out. I mean your totally right man, since mircotransactions exist no one should be allowed to discuss any other aspect of the game.
  • I know the Horse's bones are bleached and turning to dust by now ... but the eternal Consumer Buy price point is the problem ?... Games should be $100+ ( still represents great entertainment / hour value ) for all in content ...but the entry point is Physiologically rooted at $60 'ish like so many Markets -its a tough one :-)
  • I can live with almost any progression system as long as credit earning is performance based. At least that puts us in control of our own destiny. I guess we'll find out how it works in a few hours.
  • There should be a performance Bonus because you can join a game and do nothing, just move the mouse from time to time and get the same amount of credits as someone who make 10k points...
  • There should be a performance Bonus because you can join a game and do nothing, just move the mouse from time to time and get the same amount of credits as someone who make 10k points...

True, but by playing and NOT afk farming you might as well have some fun on the way.