criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Galactic Assault - Map rotation

Hoth - Outpost Delta
Takodama - Maz's Castle
Kashyyk - Kachirho Beach
Death Star II - Command Sector North
Jakku - The Graveyard
Endor - Research Station 9
Kamino - Cloning Facility
Tatooine - Mos Eisley
Starkiller Base - Command Center
Yavin 4 - The Great Temple
Naboo - Theed
Maps are played twice switching sides each time.
My favourite is Death Star, which one is yours?

Replies

• I always forget the rotation and just hit escape while waiting for round to start so I can see.

My favorite, by far, is Kashyyyk
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • I dont usually agree with bumping threads, but this took half my trial time to get the info. :( >:)
  • Mos Eisley <3
    giphy.gif
  • bfloo
    15001 posts Member
    I left the rotation right before the 2 maps I missed to unlock crates :(

Thanks for finding this @ThePoolshark
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• That make sense since I haven’t played Naboo, Yavin IV or Hoth and have quit both times after starkiller base.
    I always forget the rotation and just hit escape while waiting for round to start so I can see.

My favorite, by far, is Kashyyyk
    Yea especially since it has a high variant
  • bfloo
    15001 posts Member
    Kahyyyk at night is incredible :)

h846398gb27k.png

• Really I hate it cant see **** haha
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Kahyyyk at night is incredible :)

I just got to play it as my for the first time as my last game on the trial. It's amazing!
  • Have yet to play Death Star II unfortunately. Instead, I've played Yavin 4 and Endor the most.
  • NickygUrl
    698 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I have yet to play theed, hoth, Takodana, jakku in GA after 7 hours in full game. Which is awesome, this game is so big :p
    Favorite so far is prolly mos eisley.. sucha good map. love the urban warfare

Note: to clarify, 7 hours was split up, so everytime I restarted the game I would join the rotation in a different spot again
  • Hoth - Outpost Delta
    Takodama - Maz's Castle
    Kashyyk - Kachirho Beach
    Death Star II - Command Sector North
    Jakku - The Graveyard
    Endor - Research Station 9
    Kamino - Cloning Facility
    Tatooine - Mos Eisley
    Starkiller Base - Command Center
    Yavin 4 - The Great Temple
    Naboo - Theed
    Maps are played twice switching sides each time.
    My favourite is Death Star, which one is yours?

Thank you for this thread, @KAPED_CRUSADER! I will use this information to expect what comes next. I'm also curious about maps rotation for Starfighter Assault as well, if anybody knows about it.

As for my favourite Galactic Assault map, I think it will be Starkiller Base.

Actually, I have not play the full game yet (thus did not play any of these maps outside of the Beta), but knowing what Starkiller Base has, it is something that I already admire the location.
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • Starkiller base is another great map
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think that the DeathStar is my favorite but I love wooded/forestry maps. Kashyyyk is awesome; haven’t played Endor yet
  • MzAnn1
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    kashyyk is the most balanced one and pretty good, bad thing is the sun, if you stare at it for more than 2 seconds you'll get blind.
  • I've not been able to play Naboo - Theed, Tatooine - Mos Eisley and Yavin 4 - The Great Temple after playing for 14 hours...
  • I must be doomed. I am sticking with this horrible Jakku map...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    15001 posts Member
    I must be doomed. I am sticking with this horrible Jakku map...

Poor you, that is the worst one.

h846398gb27k.png

• can update this with new update of last jedi?
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Kashyyyk, Kashyyyk, Kashyyyk... over and over. How about a Trashyyyk free map rotation for the rest of the TLJ season.

Or, ya know, bring back functionality and give us map select again.

Edit: tried to join a match four times. Trashyyyk comes up three times, quit everytime, the one other time it’s DS2, only I’m waiting on 18 players to join for five minutes.

Fantastic! I thoroughly enjoy wasting a half hour of what little gaming time I get.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Where is the new map located in the rotation? Crait?
  • Loesen wrote: »
    Where is the new map located in the rotation? Crait?

im wondering this myself
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Loesen wrote: »
    Where is the new map located in the rotation? Crait?

im wondering this myself

You probably know by now, but for anyone else coming here looking for it (which is what I did at first lol), it's after Takodana.
  • Thanks for the info! Really helped me out a ton to find out what maps are coming next! Also my favourite map is Naboo!
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    EDIT: this is an old bump thread. Oops
  • I’m certain this isn’t accurate on PS4. I just finished Crait, them was going to Kashyyk.
  • I’m certain this isn’t accurate on PS4. I just finished Crait, them was going to Kashyyk.

That's actually supposed to be like that on PS4, Crait is between Takodana and Kashyyyk
  • kingindanork
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    nvr mind
  • Crait, for now at least..... is before Kashyyyk. The two longest maps Back to Back lol

Here's a complete video on the rotation unless they change it with the next DLC

• They need to let you select the map you join. I rarely get to play my favorite maps. Kashyyk, Hoth, Endor for example. 80% of the time I get placed in a game on starkiller base or mos eisley.

I figured out that when joining a game, if it’s a map I don’t want to play its faster to close the application and relaunch it then it is to to wait for it to load then leave the game, wait for that to load and then try joining another one.
  • Current map rotation.
    Kashyyyk
    Death star 2 commend sector north
    Jakku the grave yard
    Endor Research station 9
    Kamino
    Tatooine Mos Eisley
    Star killer base Commend center
    Yavin 4 Great Temple
    Naboo - Theed
    Hoth - Outpost Delta
    Takodana - Maz Castle
    Crait
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    So I just went from kashyyyk to yavin. Skipping several maps. I didn't switch lobbies because I am with same ppl from last 3 matches. New rotation?
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    So I just went from kashyyyk to yavin. Skipping several maps. I didn't switch lobbies because I am with same ppl from last 3 matches. New rotation?
    No you were switched to a different server.
  • GA thoughts...other than we're due for some new maps - badly.
    Hoth - been playing this game since it dropped - only played the map 5 times, sniper friendly; not on top of my list - lack of points for protecting the dropped rockets or protecting the guy firing them...typically teammates just run around racking up kills without a concern for using the rockets.
    Takodana - if you can get past the first hike up the hill then it eases until the last sector which can be in OT for a long time (advantage rebels or defenders), not a bad map, spawns can be miles from objectives, needs more ptfo'ing. Mid-range on the likeability scale.
    Crait - sniper friendly first point, second is about the at-st's with the finish being a bunch of winding caves, hallways, high points and low to take out some energy thingy's, fun map and upper echelon for my taste with lots of options to play the map - it's just fun although it would be nice to be able to tow cable the walkers.
    KashYYYYYYYk - however it's spelled, long linear uphill grind, sniping available, mid-range rating because often time it feels like there is no fighting until your in the tanks, the last sector can be a cluster-f**k with the right Rey, Palp, Bossk or group of wookies can win the fight.
    Death Star II - top tier of the list, a bit of operation metro/operation locker feel - i like it for the lanes and back opportunities but hate getting a bad spawn, now that Palp cannot fry through walls it is so much more enjoyable, the choke points at the last sector can really be rough.
    Jakku - sniper field, more sand which isn't great to play in, the second and third point can really wear you thin - many people just farm kills (had 76 kills on a losing team, yeah!) instead of teaming up and capping the points but i guess that goes to show kill streaks give more points than ptfo, middle road map.
    Endor - fun map, high on my list and the night makes those FLIR or whatever useful, has vertical play along w/ the linear layout, some sniping, early cqb and the end with mid in the middle.
    Kamino - first point can suck, a bit messy through and through, some sniping, upper half of the scale due to the action, don't mind either side - make the right push - wish they had revives...the hallways at the end are insanity sometimes.
    Tatooine - could careless about the time frame (night, day, dusk, morning) - hate this map - not sure why but it seems spawn in - get a kill then get killed, feels like kill-trade fiasco and w/ jetpack cargo on this map only - simply loath it, lot of cqb moments, at-st can dominate the map. Still hate it.
    Starkiller Base - first point should be the easiest (imo) and the last should the hardest - well the first and last are rough here with the second not being far behind with such a large capture point - frequent OT's, like it a lot despite all that because the challenge is fun, the right vanguard flank or bubble shielding the guy setting the charge a squad shield w/ trip mines on the point (etc.) can turn the tide, plenty of sniping options as well - 'I have the high ground'.
    Yavin 4 - mid range score on this map, some cqb with plenty of camping to be had (if you're into that), the opening catacombs can be risky with the second sector a tad messy for sniper fire on the hills and the wide open finish - ugh, at-st's again can change the tide dramatically, this is the only map i have seen multiple times be in OT and have people on capturing the last point and lose, love to play as assault on this one to get the rush on points before the defense settles in.
    Naboo - like another map - the first sector can be like a cemetery of not seeing anyone, the second is a mess of cqb and the third a cluster-f**k, sniping early on and then whip out the Bluurg, CR, TL (etc.), decent map in the middle, find it most enjoyable when people are actually grouping up to tank out the tanks or defend them and wish the doodad the officer uses to stop explosives stopped blaster fire - even just for a second - would help make those late pushes.
    That's my list and short thoughts, would love to hear others?
  • Mightyeno
    161 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    No you were switched to a different server.

No he's right. I switched from Starkiller Base to Naboo. I was in the same lobby and it was counting down to Theed. And the same players were on my team. Looks like there is a new rotation.
  • Devlin21
    8323 posts Member
    Kashyyk, yavin, desth star.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• manakin
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    thanks this really helped
    Post edited by manakin on
  • my favourite maps are kashyyyk, endor, starkiller base
  • Beeece
    337 posts Member
    manakin wrote: »
    my favourite maps are kashyyyk, endor, starkiller base

This was a 6 week old necropost, be careful digging these up. None of this matters, they are changing the rotation on Monday.
  • Rogue_Manda
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    what is the new map rotation?

Yavin 4
    Jakku
    Kamino
    Tatooine
    Naboo
    Hoth

????????

Post edited by Rogue_Manda on
  • What’s the new map rotation
  • What’s the new map rotation

Jakku

Endor

Crait

Kamino

• il96
    549 posts Member
    when listed out that is quite a lot of maps. A LOT more then 7 from BF2015.

Cloning facility is the best! 4 Phases everyone usually can get a crack as a hero if it goes the distance. Once the defending team in Phase 4 suffers the smallest **** in the defense all **** breaks loose for a devastating annihilation
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    Current map rotation.
    Kashyyyk
    Jakku the grave yard
    Endor Research station 9
    Kamino
    Tatooine Mos Eisley
    Yavin 4 Great Temple
    Naboo - Theed
    Hoth - Outpost Delta
    Takodana - Maz Castle
    Crait
    Current map rotation.
    Kashyyyk
    Jakku the grave yard
    Endor Research station 9
    Kamino
    Tatooine Mos Eisley
    Yavin 4 Great Temple
    Naboo - Theed
    Hoth - Outpost Delta
    Takodana - Maz Castle
    Crait

Pretty sure this is the current rotation rn July 8 2018
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    crait is my favorite. its really good.
    I used to like Kashyyyk but then we had that lag around end of last year where it was unplayable. i kept getting stuck on that map and couldnt run. so i guess im burned out from Kashyyk though originally i did think it was a good map. Probably next would be Naboo. Just reminds me of Padme...
  • Endor.
  • HvV_pro
    449 posts Member
    Negative. Endor then tatoooine
  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    The new map rotation is... matchmaking lottery.

• t3hBar0n wrote: »
    The new map rotation is... matchmaking lottery.

Crap-shoot (auto-aim).
    Might be done w/ GA - it's dull and the story line ideal gameplay is fun for the story it's just all about points.
    Conquest please and more extraction maps.