criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Dodge rolling lightsaber attacks

I'm starting to run across more and more people spamming dodge roll and avoiding point blank lightsaber attacks. Kind of seems cheesy. Thoughts?

Replies

• Always works against me, never works for me. I dont understand how they **** lightsaber heroes up.
  • You can only do 3 rolls before a roll cooldown occurs.

You also have AoE abilities with most Jedi and Sith that will stop them in their tracks regardless of rolling.

Honestly...if you are struggling in a 1v1 as a hero against a normal trooper, the issue is you.

No, not cheesy that the dodge can avoid attacks...
  • ive been waiting for someone to complain about this. heres the thing....

theres always a delay before you do another roll. most people with lightsaber characters just spam the attack button. thats what makes it easy for other to dodge the attacks by rolling. counter to this....

be patient, take your time, and dont spam the lightsaber attack button. anticipate that they will roll when you attack. wait for them to, adjust your direction, THEN attack. and when i say attack, i dont mean spam the button. attack once, no more than twice. wait for them to roll, readjust your camera and attack during the second that they cannot roll again.

also, most lightsaber users have some sort of stun ability (ren=freeze or pull, vader choke, luke push). if you stun them, its rather easy to kill them. but the number one most important thing is.....dont spam the attack. be patient, and pick your spots. i for one actually love the roll, it helps non lightsaber wielding folks without overpowering them with it
  • I'm starting to run across more and more people spamming dodge roll and avoiding point blank lightsaber attacks. Kind of seems cheesy. Thoughts?

You're bad Thats all. You have a saber. Do you expect them to let you kill them and sit in front of you like a dog?
  • No, there's nothing wrong with it.
  • Definitely annoying. Combat roll is too advantageous and spammable.

theres always a delay before you do another roll. most people with lightsaber characters just spam the attack button. thats what makes it easy for other to dodge the attacks by rolling. counter to this....

be patient, take your time, and dont spam the lightsaber attack button. anticipate that they will roll when you attack. wait for them to, adjust your direction, THEN attack. and when i say attack, i dont mean spam the button. attack once, no more than twice. wait for them to roll, readjust your camera and attack during the second that they cannot roll again.

also, most lightsaber users have some sort of stun ability (ren=freeze or pull, vader choke, luke push). if you stun them, its rather easy to kill them. but the number one most important thing is.....dont spam the attack. be patient, and pick your spots. i for one actually love the roll, it helps non lightsaber wielding folks without overpowering them with it

I've been waiting for someone to be wrong about this. Force powers don't work on rolling enemies or enemies behind tiny objects and definitely not when you have the high ground. All tested in a controlled setting known as versus.

You sir may have just helped me improve my game against people who are rolling, I originally was proposing that saber heroes can OHK infantry except heavy and reinforcements, but this sounds like a better alternative
  • Stand still, I am trying to kill you.
    :|
  • Noctis1313 wrote: »
    I'm starting to run across more and more people spamming dodge roll and avoiding point blank lightsaber attacks. Kind of seems cheesy. Thoughts?

You're bad Thats all. You have a saber. Do you expect them to let you kill them and sit in front of you like a dog?

LOL
  • Gives you more of a chance against saber heros.
  • Afrom3istwr
    891 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    sitht0r wrote: »
    You can only do 3 rolls before a roll cooldown occurs.

You also have AoE abilities with most Jedi and Sith that will stop them in their tracks regardless of rolling.

Honestly...if you are struggling in a 1v1 as a hero against a normal trooper, the issue is you.

No, not cheesy that the dodge can avoid attacks...

I'm not struggling with it and get that you can use aoe abilities, but it is kind of ridiculous that that's what you have to resort to in a 1v1 battle with infantry, especially considering the dodge roll will morph a person through the saber.

Btw it's not even the dodge roll away from the strike. It's the dodge towards a saber strike and causing a miss the I have a problem with.
  • Afrom3istwr
    891 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Gives you more of a chance against saber heros.

That's what the saber damage nerf was for.
  • Can be kind of annoying but I think it's fair that troopers get a chance to dodge you.
  • saltydog wrote: »
    Stand still, I am trying to kill you.
    :|

Lol
  • Afrom3istwr
    891 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Can be kind of annoying but I think it's fair that troopers get a chance to dodge you.

A chance is fine, but as soon as the majority of the player base figures you can dodge multiple strikes, you're going to see a lot of vanguard rolling on saber users.
  • cheese it real gud
    PAY2WIN = DARKSIDE & geez deez unpaid losers who live in their Mom's basement sure are SNOWFLAKES who can't handle critiques which explains why they can't get any & work for free!!!!!!!!!
  • Had an epic moment today where i Sentry'd the heck out of a luke, dropped the gun, and rolled under his swing whale a Maul came in to save the day; dont get rid of it it makes sense lol
  • They should give hero's with saber's more damage.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Afrom3istwr
    891 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    OK, this definitely needs to be fixed. Just aoe'd a Wookie Warrior, only for him to dodge roll three times towards the saber strike and continue to shoot.