criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront II and the original games

Battlefront II should be very much like the originals. The iconic value to those games was just mind blowing. You had so much choice in multiplayer, online and offline. Depending on your preference, you could stay in your ship and defend, take to the skies and attack starfighters, or attack the opponents ship. Battlefront II should work off of those original games if they truly want to have the biggest and best Star Wars game. Who agrees?

Replies

• I agree. The issue with SWBF2 is that it is developed from anew and not strictly based on the good elements of SWBF1. I would have preferred that EA/DICE carry over the good parts of the old game into the new one, e.g. dynamic/fluid gameplay, intensity of game mode like Extraction, etc.
  • I couldnt agree more. It was about the choices in Space. Options like dog fighting, attacking capitol ships, landing in the opponents hanger and and attacking core elements to the ship or staying on your ship and operating one of the turrets to shoot down incoming fighters and hope they didnt land and come in a shoot you while operating that turret. Even riding a turret gun in one of the ships as it flies around. I'm referring to the SWBF back in maybe 2005 on Xbox. anyways the game was amazing and would love to see some of those options in future game updates.
  • Tyrant
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Gideon675 wrote: »
    Battlefront II should be very much like the originals. The iconic value to those games was just mind blowing. You had so much choice in multiplayer, online and offline. Depending on your preference, you could stay in your ship and defend, take to the skies and attack starfighters, or attack the opponents ship. Battlefront II should work off of those original games if they truly want to have the biggest and best Star Wars game. Who agrees?

Wow yes I agree with this completely. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought the original ones were amazing ( how could I be the only one anyways? ) it would be great if they just added instant action for online and off-line and added a map list where you could play a bunch of different maps (not just 6) in sequence and actually capture command posts like in the originals! How could the new Star Wars battlefront one and two not add these game modes and dissappoint so many fans? EA don't let starwars battlefront 2 die out like starwars battlefront 1 did because of lack of content and splitting the player base with paid dlc's

Oh yeaaa and how about being able to command your troops in offline mode??? I loved that so much on the originals. Just need to add a follow me, move out and hold position option that way if you need to retreat with your units and hold your position at a command post with the few surviving reinforcements you have, you can actually do it then. Had so many epic battles in the originals because of these command options.
  • Foxdie491
    1473 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Gideon675 wrote: »

This was the obvious route... They only thing they need it to add was a campaign, polish graphics and add customization. Leave everything else the same... guess that was too hard.