criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Matchmaking: we have been playing on wrong servers

I am from brazil and me and my friends have been playing on US servers and we don't know why.

It seems a lot of people have been dealing with the same problem. But with the controversy, we can shine a light on it and get a confirmation of the problem.

Even though the server option is set to brazil, i am still playing with high latency.

What is the deal?

Replies

• deltagodzilla
    1305 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I guess the server is trying to tell you Brazil is actually a hologram made byyyyyy

USA USA USA USA

Other than that I'm not sure, i hope a mod comes here and helps.
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • Same here!
  • It's in the game.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I should add, we're not only being placed on US servers. It's worse, sometimes I find myself on European servers. I have Brazilian server set in game.

It's really frustrating, because we have to play at 200+ ms ping when we should be having less than 40 ms.

• danilojbg wrote: »
    I should add, we're not only being placed on US servers. It's worse, sometimes I find myself on European servers. I have Brazilian server set in game.

It's really frustrating, because we have to play at 200+ ms ping when we should be having less than 40 ms.

i am wondering if we really have brazilian servers. At least on beta we had them. But now...
  • Soo they just pull the old switcharoo when it comes to servers?
    "Oh you're european, so we put you on the eu...US SERVERS LEL!"
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
  • Vilpire wrote: »
    Soo they just pull the old switcharoo when it comes to servers?
    "Oh you're european, so we put you on the eu...US SERVERS LEL!"

it looks like something is off cause i have seen players from other regions (EU and US) reporting that they are being matched on wrong servers.
  • yes as far as i know a youtube checked the ips and we connect to california, and that counts for everyone, germany uk brazil as it seem, we all. And you are fked if you have a huge range to california, like most people are right now. Who knows why?
  • Where do you check what server your'e on?
  • Everyone is lagging from every country in every game. DICE pls
    I should add, we're not only being placed on US servers. It's worse, sometimes I find myself on European servers. I have Brazilian server set in game.

How did you find your ping?
  • neostar
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I would not be surprised if the EA suits took servers offline to save on costs since sales are down. They have to keep profits up as promised to their stockholders.

It makes the most sense that they are consolidating servers which is causing the lag for everyone.
  • This is why we need a server browser!
  • KrewZi wrote: »
    danilojbg wrote: »

In game, I didn't. But it's possible to check the latency in task manager.

It also tells the IP you're connecting to. If you look it up on IP tracking sites, you can find the server region. Apparently, many players worldwide are being directed to a server in California.
    KrewZi wrote: »

It also tells the IP you're connecting to. If you look it up on IP tracking sites, you can find the server region. Apparently, many players worldwide are being directed to a server in California.

but i don't believe this work quite accurately, cause i tested the same method on battlefield 1 and it gave me the same ping and the same ip address. and i was playing on a local server.

It seems it is just a place to authenticate something.
  • Any fix for this issue?
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Snippao wrote: »
    Any fix for this issue?

Man you're so lagged you're months in the past!
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• darktronik wrote: »
    KrewZi wrote: »

but i don't believe this work quite accurately, cause i tested the same method on battlefield 1 and it gave me the same ping and the same ip address. and i was playing on a local server.

It seems it is just a place to authenticate something.

well ea is located in California maybe thats why
  • Well, I typically play on the Oregon server (where I have best connection). PS4.
    This weekend I had three instances in SA where halfway through a match, the server just decided to kick me. I had no latency bars, everything was running smooth, then bam ... rubber banding and a lost connection to the server.

Put me back in the home screen, but still connected to ea servers in general. Go back into SA. Takes forever to find me a server, and when it did, I had no doubt I was in a Brazilian server with the player tags on both teams. Latency bars showed the whole time, but the games ran really smooth.

So kicked from my close server, and put in other region servers. Go figure...

Thanks DICE...
  • JatFant
    444 posts Member
    As a PC player, I am just glad i can find a match at all.

They are problably doing something like that because of the low playerbase.
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    Snippao wrote: »
    Any fix for this issue?

Man you're so lagged you're months in the past!

He's probably on Tatooine servers or something
  • Lets not bump/necro old dead threads, shall we?

Closed.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!