criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

We need an option to exclude some maps from the matchmaking

Like the one in World Of Warcraft.

Replies

• This would go against there policy of keeping the community as together as possible.

Hopefully the matchmaking will improve and then it will be well worth it to keep the community together.
  • Laysson
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    This would go against there policy of keeping the community as together as possible.

Hopefully the matchmaking will improve and then it will be well worth it to keep the community together.

What does it have to do dividing playerbase ? you just exclude 1 or 2 maps that you don't like and that's all.
  • Lemny
    30 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The point in not being able to choose specific maps and condense all into 5 game modes is, that this way you don't scatter the players over modes and maps which especially on systems like pc or XBox leads to very long matchmaking times.

I am ok with it, because this way you can hop in and always find a match just started or starting.
    And I am hating kashyyyk too... ;)
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    This would go against there policy of keeping the community as together as possible.

It is a bit of both. An ability to exclude certain maps is necessary at the moment, but it wouldn't be if the matchmaking worked properly. I keep getting put into GA games on Takodana and Jakku, and I hate Jakku. Hoth rarely appears (I think I've played it twice) and even Yavin is rarity.
  • bfloo
    14992 posts Member
    We need era locked play lists.

I know we want to 'keep everyone together', but is it really working when people drop out in mass when certain maps come up in the rotation?

Now when Jakku or Takodana come up, I quit to get a crate.

With how bad the lag is on Kashyyyk, that is going to get added to the list if it isn't fixed quickly.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    We need era locked play lists.
    THIS will make the queue time incredibly long.