criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Does no stats hurt or help the game?

I have to say it's really bugging me that there are no stats of any kind in this game. I think mostly what's bothering me is no accumulation of wins/losses.

I mean, I'm getting to the point where I could care less if I win or lose as it really makes no difference. The only thing to really play for is credits and leveling up.

I know an argument can be made about kill farmers and people not playing objectives because they only want kills.

But honestly, my own personal desire to win matches is WAY less than it was in the last BF game. I liked winning and took pride in winning 70% of the matches I played in. Yeah, I also kept an eye on my Kills also but winning is what really drove me and not KDR.

With this game though, I don't care if I win or lose since it's not being tracked. I just mess around and try to get credits and if anything, I think it makes me play objectives less. There's times playing strike where there is a big choke point that I should be rushing through and I just hag back and say....Screw it.

Ultimately, I think no stats will end up killing my long term desire to play. Once I get stuff unlocked and don't care about credits, there will be little reason to play.

Replies

• I totally agree. I don't have much desire to do anything other than grind to the next best thing, and if you're playing a class with deployables that stupidly disappear after you die, why would you bother rushing in to the objective? Makes more sense to stay put, doesn't it? It's not like you get rewarded for your efforts.

It really does feel like just one long grind. I can't remember the last game I played where I couldn't care less where I finished on the scoreboard, or it didn't bother me at all how long I spent in the star cards or weapons menu customising my character DURING the game.

Win bonuses and a 10% credit payment of your end points (as discussed many times here) would go some way to fixing this, but the original post is completely right. Once you have everything unlocked, the game is pretty much done.

Of course, EA/DICE have made it ridiculously hard to even grind to the end game without a lot of luck in crates, so most people (if they haven't given up) will still be attempting to get there way into next year, but that's not how a game should be.

Games are meant to be rewarding to play, in one way or another. As much as I need and want to love this game, it sadly just isn't.
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's really bugging me and I think it hurts the game. It gives players no incentive to play well or to try and even win the match! They need to add it in ASAP, even if it's with a companion app!

I really hope they even though we can't see it that it is still being tracked and will be added in, would be nice for a dev to confirm.
  • I totally agree. I don't have much desire to do anything other than grind to the next best thing, and if you're playing a class with deployables that **** disappear after you die, why would you bother rushing in to the objective? Makes more sense to stay put, doesn't it? It's not like you get rewarded for your efforts.

It really does feel like just one long grind. I can't remember the last game I played where I couldn't care less where I finished on the scoreboard, or it didn't bother me at all how long I spent in the star cards or weapons menu customising my character DURING the game.

Win bonuses and a 10% credit payment of your end points (as discussed many times here) would go some way to fixing this, but the original post is completely right. Once you have everything unlocked, the game is pretty much done.

Of course, EA/DICE have made it ridiculously hard to even grind to the end game without a lot of luck in crates, so most people (if they haven't given up) will still be attempting to get there way into next year, but that's not how a game should be.

Games are meant to be rewarding to play, in one way or another. As much as I need and want to love this game, it sadly just isn't.

I agree. Despite the problems in BF2015, I played it a ton and generally enjoyed myself. And I tried to win EVERY match I played no matter how many times I had to rush an objective. I liked racking up wins and liked to mintor my progress with kills. I also really liked the companion app that showed your kills with all the various weapons and heroes. There was just a lot to do in that game and most of all, I always cared if I won or not.

This time, I just play matches and honestly don't even pay much attention to if I win or lose. Yeah, I generally do try to win but I don't really care either way. I mostly just move around the map, try to get some kills, maybe play the objective a bit and if we win....great. If we lose, no worries it doesn't matter anyways.

Definitely needs to be more incentive to win and at least adding win/loss stats would be a start. And adding extra credits for a win would help too.
  • Stats need to be added, all of them, do fans watch an nba or nfl game and not care what the score is? They also need to add a companion app back for bf2. Remember, a lot of people cried for this, they didn’t want kd, stats, or anything that led to any sort of player separation.
  • Mosey
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think when the developer say that this game is intended to be 'casual' what they mean is that they couldn't come up with a reason why you should play it at all, other than to see Star Wars shaped objects that sound like Star Wars things, but serve no actual purpose whatsoever.

It's fun, in the sense that watching brightly colored objects move around is fun.

Gameplay wise, it's 'fun' in the sense that you're...doing deathmatch I guess? Is that still fun for people? I guess. It's been around for something like 30 years, so I guess people like non-objective oriented gameplay still.

And yeah, lets be honest, what's the actual point of objectives? They do absolutely nothing worthwhile other than extend the length of a match who's outcome is already decided 9 out of 10 games.

Stats isn't going to make a difference, and frankly I don't think anyone will care. I mean, why would they?