criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• It's a must have. Definitely want to see this added
  • Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

Let's capture a command post!!!

3 major reasons for Conquest or modes for open maps:
    • Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

This is in my reports along with more offline content. Our team has a lot of plans for the title, and I know Dennis and team are very much looking forward to working on and bringing a lot of desires of the community to the game.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • I would love Conquest mode like the classic battlefront 2 had... also a larger roster of heroes and bigger heroes vs villain battles
  • Yessss we need it
  • Absolutely! We need this! Adding this, cosmetic customization to troopers and ships and more offline content will really help EA earn back points with gamers.
  • Starmasui73146
    1566 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    HvV_pro wrote: »
    Without a conquest mode..this game is starting to feel pointless after a week of gameplay time and purple cards... I love this game. Please take it to the next level with a conquest

This..

As much as I’m enjoying this game it needs Conquest Mode badly...especially Offline. Offline gets real redundant without an objective. Killing troopers only goes so far...awe but if we had a Control Point to hold and there is this massive struggle for control for all of the Control Points on the map at the same time. Wow...fun stuff. Awe the memories. Good times...good times.. You and a friend in co-op Offline can have a blast running around trying to gain them to prevent A.I. from spawning in addictional troops. He who controls the most Control Points spawns the most A.I. reinforcements and dominates the battlefield simple enough right? Of course Offline desperately needs A.I. heroes and villains on the battlefield of play.

So any way...yeah bring back Conquest as a game mode type on and offline that would rock. Oh and Galactic Conquest (with progress that you can save) Offline too.
    Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Exactly insanely fun good times.
    Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

This is in my reports along with more offline content. Our team has a lot of plans for the title, and I know Dennis and team are very much looking forward to working on and bringing a lot of desires of the community to the game.

Yeah! It’s a miracle... Finally... Oh oh...please don’t forget to make the out of bounds in such a way that it fits the Conquest Mode. Don’t do bottle necks without ways to go around them, thank you. :) So happy...so happy.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

I agree completely

• Cyro
    401 posts Member
    yeah, GIVE us conquest mode! it's like an epic sandbox where unique tactics emerge and players can fight their own way. so far we only have "destroy this, then this, then this and then this!"-gamemodes. this will be boring very fast..
  • Geonosis on conquest would be insane!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    "scnjbhsgchjth" - Death Trooper

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Thanks for the good news. I'll believe it when I see it ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

This is in my reports along with more offline content. Our team has a lot of plans for the title, and I know Dennis and team are very much looking forward to working on and bringing a lot of desires of the community to the game

That's what all starwars battlefront veterans r dreaming of I hope it's for online and offline if it ever happens
  • Bump for conquest
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Corsairmh wrote: »
    Geonosis on conquest would be insane!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Hopefully, it comes as soon as possible. I asked about this topic in the AMA thread which still wasn't answered yet.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

+1 on the addition of conquest to the game.
    May the pork be with you

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Why not have this stuff to begin with? Now folks have to wait to get a proper working and polished game again.
    Best example is the current awful and pathethic group spawn system.. Hey lets have heavily objective based modes, classes but no squad system like Battlefield uses... makes totally sense...
  • I don't really know what Conquest mode is all about, but i don't care, everything added to the game good, so I'm in :D
  • RDC
    54 posts Member
    I made a post about this but yh conquest or supremacy needs to return like those modes gave u freedom to really enjoy th emap and the war gameplay feel where as GA jus feels really rushed like and 100 players is not enough to have. A good game thats 5kills by each player on your team game over like thats way too quick

I remember conquest had a 1000player reinforcements incase because Of all the CP it would be hard to dominate the game so that was one way of ending it alos u had a timer so who ever had most CPS or most player reinforcements cant quite remember

Or being back supremacy because the one great thing i loved about that game mode was the fact that that game could end in a second or last forever because of the extra minute added everytime a CP was captured and if the team was well balanced it was just an intense battle back and forth and like with all the BF2 has now with all the heros and tanks and stuff supremacy would be unbelievabaly great to play like they dont even have to change maps just add 5CPS around the map start in the middle boom bang star WARS begins and this would give players more time to use their vehicles and heros without feeling like having to pick because the games about to run out and yh GA Is fun but really rushes the game and its gettin old

In the first BF the only real problem was its lack of content because i could go on and on playing supremacy but becaus there were hardly any maps it got boring but with new BF2 more maps mpre everything plus supremacy literally best game ever

So ea/dice heed our call

BRING BACK SUPREMACY OR CONQUEST OR BOTH PLSPLSPLS
  • Please add conquest mode please please please
  • I agree, my brother and two daughters switch off to play me all the time on the ps2 version. because we can go head to head in galactic conquest, so much so we burnt through two discs over the years I think it adds to the replay ability of the game and when we got tired of killed AI we would just hop online and play the massive battles in multiplayer. By far the entire web is lit up over this one game mode I think it would be a mistake to over look it for any reason.
  • /agreed
    +1
  • Conquest would be awesome, especially infantry only maps/mode
  • Why would Dice make a game that the players want? Doesn't make sense.

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Why not have this stuff to begin with? Now folks have to wait to get a proper working and polished game again.
    Best example is the current awful and pathethic group spawn system.. Hey lets have heavily objective based modes, classes but no squad system like Battlefield uses... makes totally sense...

Battlefield had first Rush and later Conquest. Therefore we might finally get Conquest.
    I also agree that the interaction regarding teamwork isn't optimal. However, Conquest wouldn't need a group spawn system, but maybe other open modes.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Davan195 wrote: »
    Why would Dice make a game that the players want? Doesn't make sense.
    Because EA realized after losing a lot of money that they can't deliever a game which isn't based on community feedback again.
    Battlefront 2 (2017) used some of the feedback from its predecessor, but core feedback is still missing or slightly changed on purpose in the interpretation. Keep this thread up for Conquest or open modes.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• complainer420
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    conquest. or a picture of your feet.

preferably conquest tho please

...unless you have creamed corn in the house then send me a pic fosho.

again. conquest please I still play battlefeont 2 on original Xbox from time to time and that's the reason why

ps4 gamertag

theNAMELESS420
  • II_JumPeR_II
    288 posts Member
    edited November 2017

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Battlefield had first Rush and later Conquest. Therefore we might finally get Conquest.
    I also agree that the interaction regarding teamwork isn't optimal. However, Conquest wouldn't need a group spawn system, but maybe other open modes.

Uhm Battlefield has Conquest since the beginning with 1942 ;) And yes Squad Spawning is needed in Conquest too. It will play like garbage without it.
  • Please do this dice and please update progression so not tied to lootboxes/or give more points /lower cost of lootboxes
  • Just to be clear. I want a conquest mode like the battlefield games.. I do not care much for offline conquest but that would be a cool addition.
  • Just to be clear. I want a conquest mode like the battlefield games.. I do not care much for offline conquest but that would be a cool addition.

In my opinion, every mode should be offline available with split screen on consoles. Even the dumbest AI should work to have fun with friends.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Uhm Battlefield has Conquest since the beginning with 1942 ;) And yes Squad Spawning is needed in Conquest too. It will play like garbage without it.

Battlefield Bad Company only Gold Rush at release. Anyway, Conquest is such a great mode it should be available at release in all Battlefronts or at least an open map mode for epic battles. GA is just a linear rush mode.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Dennis said Conquest was apparently still possible if enough people wanted it, Which we do so please add it! LAAT's and U wings should be self controlled. :smiley:
  • Dennis said Conquest was apparently still possible if enough people wanted it, Which we do so please add it! LAAT's and U wings should be self controlled. :smiley:

Pretty sure that 90%+ want the mode :D Landable would be cool as well.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Conquest works for me. GA and conquest would be the game modes for me (assuming balance and such occur).
  • I agree with all these points. Conquest would add so much longevity to this game. GA is a mess when it comes to balancing and it's our only big mode. Give us the freedom to experience epic scale battles! It'll be easier to balance as well. Seeing as dice has a ton of xp designing conquest maps. It won't simply make it a battlefield reskin. It'll close the gap between the two games but I don't think that's a bad thing. Conquest is a fantastic concept for a game mode that dice (as far as I'm aware) has pioneered and perfected
  • +1 to conquest and supremacy
  • Starmasui73146
    1566 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree with all these points. Conquest would add so much longevity to this game. GA is a mess when it comes to balancing and it's our only big mode. Give us the freedom to experience epic scale battles! It'll be easier to balance as well. Seeing as dice has a ton of xp designing conquest maps. It won't simply make it a battlefield reskin. It'll close the gap between the two games but I don't think that's a bad thing. Conquest is a fantastic concept for a game mode that dice (as far as I'm aware) has pioneered and perfected.

Hey DICE did you hear that? That’s a good point...

Seriously after all the negative hype...this would be a huge air love kiss to the fans.

Talk about a brilliant PR move. Thumbs waaaaaaay waaaaaaay up.
    “There is always hope.”
  • +1 from me
  • Yes please! Conquest would be perfect for the game!
  • Digi
    15 posts Member
    revan225 wrote: »
    +1, we need this. 20v20 or more preferably 32v32 with vehicles on the large maps.

I was shocked and disappointed 40 players was the max in this game. Considering battlefield has always had huge conquest 64 player battles it was natural to assume SW:BF2 would have the same. I understand they want to stray away from have the 2 games so similar for game types but come on. We want large scale chaotic battles 20v20 is ok but 32v32 is better.

Probably will be in a future update once they fix server lag.
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    Digi wrote: »
    +1, we need this. 20v20 or more preferably 32v32 with vehicles on the large maps.

I was shocked and disappointed 40 players was the max in this game. Considering battlefield has always had huge conquest 64 player battles it was natural to assume SW:BF2 would have the same. I understand they want to stray away from have the 2 games so similar for game types but come on. We want large scale chaotic battles 20v20 is ok but 32v32 is better.

20v20 can work, it depends on how the maps are set up.

I've played 16v16 games more wild than any 32v32 game ever came close to.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

In my opinion, you need a higher player count if you have several frontline with vehicles and aircrafts.
    On the current GA linear maps you would probably get a grenade spammed areas if you add more players.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo wrote: »

In my opinion, you need a higher player count if you have several frontline with vehicles and aircrafts.
    On the current GA linear maps you would probably get a grenade spammed areas if you add more players.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

That is why I want supremacy instead on these maps.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2017

That is why I want supremacy instead on these maps.

I want non-linear maps added. Supremacy was a little bit better (than WA) regarding freedom in Battlefront (2015), but didn't increase the replayability or let us create different tactics. It was just "push" and farm kills.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I agree I don't see why EA can't make this happen for all maps minus death star 2 just put some big land vehicles on each side and some speeders for transport and throw in the occasional native animal for fun. this mode would be a blast and with multiple capture points it would get rid of the kill boxes I find the galactic assault maps have
  • I would like a conquest mode too, but my theory is that the current engine cant handle it on consoles so PC suffers. I play on PS4 pro and it only just runs fine, any more candy and fps will tank.
  • I would like a conquest mode too, but my theory is that the current engine cant handle it on consoles so PC suffers. I play on PS4 pro and it only just runs fine, any more candy and fps will tank.

It's the same engine which Battlefield 1 uses, just a newer version.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I agree, I keep thinking this game would be far more enjoyable as Conquest because GA is essentially rush mode in Battlefield with lots of camping the objectives. Conquest can be the longer game-mode everyone wants with lots of vehicles, starships and ground troops as-well as heroes and enforcers to make the game have a more lasting appeal like the original Battlefront II.

Kashyyyk Capture zones: Wookiee defence platforms, beach landing zone, the three trees, the crashed Venator, the swamp area could have a wrecked Juggernaught as a capture point and maybe a point on the otherside of the Venator.

• There's a reason i come back to Battlefield series and it's because of Conquest, the fact it isn't this game or the previous one is a travesty. Galactic Assault is becoming so linear and stale, and really lacks the dynamic nature of Conquest mode, hell even Surpremacy was alot more dynamic than Galactic Assault.
  • Conquest points would fix the linear problem with most of the galactic assault maps.