criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Staying with Battlefront 1

13Next

Replies

• ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    saltydog wrote: »
    Staying with BF2015.
    I have been trying really hard to get into BF2 and it just does not have the speed and fun factor for me. Usually I'll spend 1 hour playing BF2 , get bored and tired, then log back into BF2015 and spend 5-6 hours playing that before going to bed.
    I'll keep giving it a try since I downloaded it. But overall a much slower paced game with lag issues that make it unplayable.

I also have very similar experience as yours...
  • saltydog wrote: »
    Staying with BF2015.
    I have been trying really hard to get into BF2 and it just does not have the speed and fun factor for me. Usually I'll spend 1 hour playing BF2 , get bored and tired, then log back into BF2015 and spend 5-6 hours playing that before going to bed.
    I'll keep giving it a try since I downloaded it. But overall a much slower paced game with lag issues that make it unplayable.

I WOULD stick with Battlefront 2015 unless it didn't have cheaters, the bodyguard shield jump pack bacta bomb and EE4, and just about every trait- or star card abuser.
    Don't forget the low playerbase, I can't find a goddamn match right now on BF2015.

I haven't had too much of a problem finding games in BF2015 on Xbox. At least nothing more than it was four months ago.

On PS4 also, there is no problem in finding a game....even on DLC maps/modes.
  • I like the pacing of the game. I do have a lot of fun playing ...when I'm actually able to play and not rubberbanding all over the map. The lag has been steadily getting worse by the day. I haven't even been able to get into any map for the last 2 days. I would love to get my money back on this game since the only thing that works is campaign mode (which I've gone through twice now but the lag issues didn't start until after the patch so I missed their refund deadline. Seems like every EA game I've ever bought has had some issue or another and none are ever fixed let alone addressed by someone. That's why there hasn't been a response on the lag issue. They know it's there. They just don't care. They already got your sixty bucks. From this point on, I'll be seeing Ea for low quality gaming with a spit shine and multimillion dollar advertisement brainwashing campaigns to buy their crap. Yo EA rep, if you're reading this, I really do want my money back. I bought the game thinking it had multiplayer, if you can't provide working servers, you're not selling what you're advertising. The word "fraudulent" comes to mind.
  • bfloo
    15517 posts Member
    The mechanics and hero play are better in this one, but the last game had better modes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• So I wonder how many of the BF 1 fans left us to enjoy BF2 in peace. Of course we will never know because they will be stuck in some trench being sniped from across the map by some kid up a mountain.
  • Deadshot_7
    280 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh good I thought that was my crap internet throwing me all over the map. I think I’ll be joining y’all back on bf1. I’ve played all week and the beta and I can’t get over the damn battle points, it screams favoritism to those who have more time to play, and if you actually get enough to get a hero, most likely they’ll be locked or taken, game ends and all those points disappear into the wind. $100 for locked hero’s and droids that are camouflaged with a broken radar. It’s like buying Ubisoft games all over again. I can get over being shot through walls and trees but the damn battle point system was the worst idea and is frustrating. Though I do think they’ll do more game modes in dlc it doesn’t fix the major issues. At least bf1 was more balanced in everyone being equal. Bf2 graphics are beautiful though.
  • Unchecked quantity of heroes means that teams get unbalanced quickly and rarely returns to competitive. I've enjoyed a total of 10 matches out of a few hundred where the teams seemed well matched. Those were fun. The rest have been unenjoyable. I'd like to be able to sell (or even give) my expensive license to someone who would enjoy this non-hero trouncing game.

I'd suggest a hero limit based on the number of opposing heros and overall imbalance of the match. Overruns should be the exception. Great Attacks should also be fewer, or at least recoverable for the opposing team.

I'm with those of you who like Battlefront I. Really like the maps, graphics, but just don't have fun playing heroes and really dislike 4 or 5 on the opposing team just dominating everything.

The flying aspects are too dizzying for me. So, have to take the loss and will remember to wait until I get feedback from the early adopters before putting down top dollar.

My opinions. FWIW
  • Octavarius wrote: »
    So I wonder how many of the BF 1 fans left us to enjoy BF2 in peace. Of course we will never know because they will be stuck in some trench being sniped from across the map by some kid up a mountain.

That's part of real warfare. Snipers in the cat bird seat. BF2 snipers are relegated to staying ON the ground level or only where any other infantry can just walk up to them. dumb
  • I'm re-downloading BF1. I really regret buying BF2 to be honest. It doesn't "feel" like Star Wars, or "enjoyable/fun" as BF1 for me. Way too much going on, so many classes/persons, that it's really overwhelming for me.

BF1 all the way for me.
  • If you want to have gray hair, this is the place for you.
    The multiplayer rounds are a total joke. They are over too fast.
    They should have been like Battelfield 1. Here comes no action.
    Everyone runs around like grouse. There is completely no team play
  • YodaX wrote: »
    I'm re-downloading BF1. I really regret buying BF2 to be honest. It doesn't "feel" like Star Wars, or "enjoyable/fun" as BF1 for me. Way too much going on, so many classes/persons, that it's really overwhelming for me.

BF1 all the way for me.

Agree totally. Ultimately, experience never lies. You stick with enjoyable and better things, even if it is not the new one. “New”or more does not necessarily mean better....
  • Wait a bit....there's a good game waiting to be unleashed here....I played BF2015 right up till release day of 2017 game. If bf2015 got 1 month of developers love it would be a great game for a lot longer too ?
  • I really don't like much of anything about Battlefront 2. Thus I won't buy it. Battlefront 2015 is a good game with minor correctable flaws IMO.

I regret ive payed for the Trial to play such a bad game. From A to Z it is terrible and i hate bf2.
    There is no learning curve in. all about getting better by paying for star cards.
    Fancy Graphics! So fancy you cant play this wihtout TAA on 1920x1080 like Battlefield 1.
    Some smart brain! Naboo Textures and the droids have the same color tint so you can see them very well.
    Crossover Heros, weak heros, 6 heros at a time, fast laser bolts, a gunplay for the trashcan, no map selection, clunky movements, weird squad system, weapon lock behind achivements, afwul hud, no freedom to create your class, classes / vehicles behind score lock, awful weapon models, awful classes, where are the 3 emote slots?, terrible map design, and so on
    How? How! could such a game pass the quality check?

Time to play bf1 again.
  • 3sdlrom wrote: »
    I really don't like much of anything about Battlefront 2. Thus I won't buy it. Battlefront 2015 is a good game with minor correctable flaws IMO.

I regret ive payed for the Trial to play such a bad game. From A to Z it is terrible and i hate bf2.
    There is no learning curve in. all about getting better by paying for star cards.
    Fancy Graphics! So fancy you cant play this wihtout TAA on 1920x1080 like Battlefield 1.
    Some smart brain! Naboo Textures and the droids have the same color tint so you can see them very well.
    Crossover Heros, weak heros, 6 heros at a time, fast laser bolts, a gunplay for the trashcan, no map selection, clunky movements, weird squad system, weapon lock behind achivements, afwul hud, no freedom to create your class, classes / vehicles behind score lock, awful weapon models, awful classes, where are the 3 emote slots?, terrible map design, and so on

Time to play bf1 again.

this must come probably from a bactaguard that have seen the reality of playing without bodyguard. lul
    I really don't like much of anything about Battlefront 2. Thus I won't buy it. Battlefront 2015 is a good game with minor correctable flaws IMO.

Time to play bf1 again.

this must come probably from a bactaguard that have seen the reality of playing without bodyguard. lul

You assume much

Time to play bf1 again.

Yep.
    copy and paste from another...
    Of the gaming time we have we spend about 5-10% of it in BF2.
    We log into BF2 long enough to get daily crate which is usually the same thing.... crafting parts or a very small amount of credits. It's like picking up pennies on the sidewalk. Then we go straight to HvV. It's the quickest way to get points and it's faster paced. We just can't stand the "grind" of other game modes. Let me clarify what I mean by "Grind". The amount of time you spend running, trying to get points to be something other than an infantry, die, become something other than infantry , get kills, die, then restart all over again...run, run, and more running. It's a grind and boring.
    Then we log out and spend the rest of our gaming time(about 90%) of it playing Battlefront2015 , it's a much faster paced and more fun game for us as a family.
    I would not generalize those that love BF2015 as being "Bacta Boys" or "Bubble boys". I never used bacta and loved the challenge of taking out that guy that used it as a crutch.
  • Wait a bit....there's a good game waiting to be unleashed here....I played BF2015 right up till release day of 2017 game. If bf2015 got 1 month of developers love it would be a great game for a lot longer too ?

If EA DICE would put in the same extra energy into BF2015 that UBISoft has put into The Division (with 1.8 out for free for everyone tomorrow), I'd think it would last a great while. I really like good games that are treated with a longer life span of development and which have depth in the form of growth and competition. Perhaps there are developmental limitations I am not aware of for BF2015, but why leave behind a successful base game platform there for one that tries to monetize the fun at every step? I've payed slightly more for The Division overall, but have also spent more than 4 months of actual play time in the game since it's release. IF BF2015 had additional content drops, I'd pay for those too.

The way BF2017 is now, I won't be playing at all. I'm not a fan of fortnite, overwatch, and the other similarly popular shooters. I hold hope that EA DICE will see that building depth and competitiveness for the Star Wars games is far better than building popular cash generators. I'd be willing to pay more for DLC... as long as I enjoy playing the game in the first place.

This is the first forum for any game that I have actually spoken up about my dissatisfactions. Perhaps because I care about having playable Star Wars games. Are you listening EA DICE?

Time to play bf1 again.

+1