criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Should i get SWBF1 on PS4

So I bought SWBF1 on the PC a while ago, recently I decided to play it again, and to be honest I had lots of fun, but I recently discovered that the game was pretty dead on PC (which i probably should have realized before I decided to jump back in), I considered grabbing SWBF2 as I saw the trailers and it looked appealing, but I saw somewhat negative reviews on the game, with people claiming it to be Pay-to-win format, and I was not really willing to pay 60 bucks for a game like that, despite it's death on PC i have heard it is still fairly active on console (with around 2,500-3,000 on PC and 10,000 - 12,000 on console), and I can pick it up for 20 dollars on PS4, so, what i'm asking is should I purchase BF1 on PS4? Or should I give up on the first game and hope for the best on the second?

Thanks in advance, first post :s:#

Replies

• ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Get the SWBF1 (Ultimate Edition if you can find it). There are still many many gamers on PS4 and for what it’s worth, you would have more fun than SWBF2. There are many posts which discussed why SWBF1 is still considered to be better than SWBF2 (in certain asepcts).

Welcome to the Forum!
  • Thank you!
  • Nope.
    "With the elimination of the traitorous Jedi . . . our presence let the galaxy know that the days of the Old Republic were well and truly over. We were establishing a new era, an era of Order and Peace."-Clone Trooper.

"I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new Empire."-Darth Vader.

tumblr_oohhok4GYT1w5773no1_400.gif
  • If anything, over time, I wouldn't surprise me to see more playing bf1 over bf2. Its much cheaper and a lot of people are pretty unhappy with bf2 right now.
  • Yeahh
    yt jeanschweppe
  • Go ahead. I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun!
    I played it 1000 hours until II came out, but haven't touched it since. I will maybe revisit extraction on Outer Rim DLC some time for nostalgic reasons, but for now BFII is all that matters. It is so much better! Especially flying. Starfighter Assault is the most fun I've had in a Star Wars game since X-Wing Alliance.
  • It’s a great game, it’s cheap, why not.
  • Yes, it's a much faster paced and still fun game.
  • BF2015 is more fun than BF2. Go with BF2015.
  • Don't get BF15 . it will be a dead duck in a few weeks . Get BF17 and play a totally awsume game ...
  • saltydog wrote: »
    Yes, it's a much faster paced and still fun game.

Hey, just curious, what is your avatar from? it reminds me of the band Melvins for some reason.
    Yes, the OP should get BF2015, it's really fun.
    "Rise."
  • Freeurmind wrote: »
    Don't get BF15 . it will be a dead duck in a few weeks . Get BF17 and play a totally awsume game ...

lol
    Yes, it's a much faster paced and still fun game.

Hey, just curious, what is your avatar from? it reminds me of the band Melvins for some reason.
    Yes, the OP should get BF2015, it's really fun.

It is the flag of the pirate Blackbeard (Edward Teach) and his ship The Queen Anne's Revenge. I am from and live in eastern NC, not far from where his shipwreck was found.
  • That's way cool. I had no idea their flag designs were so elaborate and not just skulls and crossbones. (I'm from out west WYO & CO where there are no shipwrecks but we have lots of dinosaur bones and occasional mammoth remains)
    Here's the melvins cd artwork that it reminded me of:
    s-l225.jpg
    "Rise."
  • Game is probably dead on console since BF2 came out
  • That's way cool. I had no idea their flag designs were so elaborate and not just skulls and crossbones. (I'm from out west WYO & CO where there are no shipwrecks but we have lots of dinosaur bones and occasional mammoth remains)
    Here's the melvins cd artwork that it reminded me of:
    s-l225.jpg

Cool, thanks for sharing that album cover; I have never seen that or heard of the Melvins .
    I work for a mining company here, we see a few old fossils and an occasional megalodon sharks teeth. I found a whale vertebrae about the size of a basketball last year.
    We have never been that far west but always wanted to go. I hear it's beautiful.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Game is probably dead on console since BF2 came out

Still alive.
    yt jeanschweppe
  • Yes, 2015 is still thumpin'. Seems like they have reallocated servers from Bespin, Outer Rim, and Scariff to something else.
    However, the 40 players games are still busy and fairly competitive.

No. Very much still alive and kicking...
  • It is still kicking strong , many of the best players are still there. We have not seen that many of the names we played with move over, but we still see them in BF2015. Christmas and the week following will be telling.
    Of the gaming time we have we spend about 5-10% of it in BF2.
    We log into BF2 long enough to get daily crate which is usually the same thing.... crafting parts or a very small amount of credits. It's like picking up pennies on the sidewalk. Then we go straight to HvV. It's the quickest way to get points and it's faster paced. We just can't stand the "grind" of other game modes. Let me clarify what I mean by "Grind". The amount of time you spend running, trying to get points to be something other than an infantry, die, become something other than infantry , get kills, die, then restart all over again...run, run, and more running. It's a grind and boring.
    Then we log out and spend the rest of our gaming time(about 90%) of it playing Battlefront2015 , it's a much faster paced and more fun game for us as a family.

You don’t play bf15 much do ya m8, it’s never been died and is full as ever 2 years later. Heck, I’m still seeing noobs. I think the cheap price of bf2 is a perfect way for bf15 to keep chugging along. At the current rate it may give bf2 a run for its money on longevity.
  • Still plenty of players on Battlefront 2015. Still plenty of noobs. I feel like a Battlefront god when I play, at least until I play against someone better than me.
  • hi
    used try the pawnshop i see them there for only 7 bucks in my area
    It is still kicking strong , many of the best players are still there. We have not seen that many of the names we played with move over, but we still see them in BF2015. Christmas and the week following will be telling.
    Of the gaming time we have we spend about 5-10% of it in BF2.
    We log into BF2 long enough to get daily crate which is usually the same thing.... crafting parts or a very small amount of credits. It's like picking up pennies on the sidewalk. Then we go straight to HvV. It's the quickest way to get points and it's faster paced. We just can't stand the "grind" of other game modes. Let me clarify what I mean by "Grind". The amount of time you spend running, trying to get points to be something other than an infantry, die, become something other than infantry , get kills, die, then restart all over again...run, run, and more running. It's a grind and boring.
    Then we log out and spend the rest of our gaming time(about 90%) of it playing Battlefront2015 , it's a much faster paced and more fun game for us as a family.

Add me on ps4 network IAMTHEFARKINMAN i wanna play some jabbas palace and dlc
  • It'a rubbish, and if you're competitive in a competitive game it's pointless because there's no stats. I wish i hadn't bought it.