criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

How to win on Kamino with the separatist army: Gameplay example.

ThugMonkey10
373 posts Member
edited December 2017
I've seen countless people say that winning on Kamino with the droids is an impossible task. That the game is not balanced, bla bla bla...
It is hard indeed because you have to penetrate through the defences of the republic.
But Darth Maul for this mission is the best example, fast movement, strong and aggressive gameplay. If you hit fast and hard, you won't let the clones gather up their defences.
Here's a gameplay to show you guys, how to push an entire game with Maul. Especially at phase 2 and 3.

Replies

• The devs even acknowledged that Kamimo is unbalanced and are looking to fix it.
  • Well it's hard yes ! But it's not unbalanced (maybe the LAAT is tho), the thing is 90% of people think you cap an objective point by staying at the edge of the room and throwing grenades here and there.
    Check at the moment where we take the clone barricade, I pushed in with Palpatine asap. It's just about being fast and aggressive.
    You can take a room with a hero when there are 5 to 10 people in it. But you can't take it if the 20 guys are there, and most of the time people wait too long and then it becomes really really hard.
  • The devs even acknowledged that Kamimo is unbalanced and are looking to fix it.

Well the Devs follow what the majority of the people suggest in general. If everybody say "Kamino is hard bla bla", and on the other hand they have no idea how to cap an objective, they give a false opinion you know ?
  • RDC
    54 posts Member
    All u have to do is flank on the left side that more clones go outside and less stay inside protacting the objective
  • Wow I should probably start using heroes much more often in the game, for some reason I end up skipping them even if I have well over the required points.

That map is way more fun in Blast
  • Well it's hard yes ! But it's not unbalanced (maybe the LAAT is tho),

LAAT is not OP, I shred around 5-10 of them per game as droids. Supercharged sentry slices through them like smooth creamy butter.

• Well it's hard yes ! But it's not unbalanced (maybe the LAAT is tho),

LAAT is not OP, I shred around 5-10 of them per game as droids. Supercharged sentry slices through them like smooth creamy butter.

"LAAT is not OP" lul
  • They're made out of paper
  • They're made out of paper

yes that's true if you play heavy you can take them down pretty fast, but come on, their damage is ridiculous without needing to be precise
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The devs even acknowledged that Kamimo is unbalanced and are looking to fix it.

Well the Devs follow what the majority of the people suggest in general. If everybody say "Kamino is hard bla bla", and on the other hand they have no idea how to cap an objective, they give a false opinion you know ?

Look you can put a good gameplay in but you have to look at the numbers at the end of the day. Whats the ratio of victory. you play some maps that have even ratio maybe like out of 100 matches for Endor has like 42 Rebels vs 58 Imperial victory. But when you look at maps like Tatooine or worse Kamino and Yavin and Takadona that have the attackers where they are hardly ever winning, clearly there is a map design problem where there is too much of an advantage to 1 side. Yavin most matches end at Phase 2 and 3. They are lucky to map Phase 4. Phase 4 has issues bad. you have to have someone hold down the objective where all it takes is to be kills to stop progress. more than likely a better objective might come down to holding area or plant hacking device so its not one general area the enemy has to look. Problem I had in Yavin was the enemy could too easily hold down the hallways so even heroes melted and so all they needed to do was take pot shots at who ever tried to arm the device from the 2nd floor and they could see you before you can see them. So map design its too muck advanatagefor the rebels so that, like Kamino needs adjustments. They need a balanced map where the averages are not so far it feel like 5 to 95 disadvantage ratio. Every time I play, even after patch 1.03 I have yet to see Yavin end with Imperials winning and I have only 1 time seen JKamino win, lucky I was on it. We had a full party, steam rolled every map on D and O all coordinated. But the only map we could never win is Yavin. it's way to unbalanced that it gives rebels the advantage. So it's not "Well the Devs follow what the majority of the people suggest in general." its about making it fair and balanced. Everyone will always complain if the map is unbalanced. I mean thats like saying "ya of course people will yell in pain if they stub their toe but maybe they are just being a wimp" it's a terrible point and that's why you should feel bad using that argument. It's reaction to a problem that they can see the numbers on their end.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Look you can put a good gameplay in but you have to look at the numbers at the end of the day. Whats the ratio of victory. you play some maps that have even ratio maybe like out of 100 matches for Endor has like 42 Rebels vs 58 Imperial victory. But when you look at maps like Tatooine or worse Kamino and Yavin and Takadona that have the attackers where they are hardly ever winning, clearly there is a map design problem where there is too much of an advantage to 1 side. Yavin most matches end at Phase 2 and 3. They are lucky to map Phase 4. Phase 4 has issues bad. you have to have someone hold down the objective where all it takes is to be kills to stop progress. more than likely a better objective might come down to holding area or plant hacking device so its not one general area the enemy has to look. Problem I had in Yavin was the enemy could too easily hold down the hallways so even heroes melted and so all they needed to do was take pot shots at who ever tried to arm the device from the 2nd floor and they could see you before you can see them. So map design its too muck advanatagefor the rebels so that, like Kamino needs adjustments. They need a balanced map where the averages are not so far it feel like 5 to 95 disadvantage ratio. Every time I play, even after patch 1.03 I have yet to see Yavin end with Imperials winning and I have only 1 time seen JKamino win, lucky I was on it. We had a full party, steam rolled every map on D and O all coordinated. But the only map we could never win is Yavin. it's way to unbalanced that it gives rebels the advantage. So it's not "Well the Devs follow what the majority of the people suggest in general." its about making it fair and balanced. Everyone will always complain if the map is unbalanced. I mean thats like saying "ya of course people will yell in pain if they stub their toe but maybe they are just being a wimp" it's a terrible point and that's why you should feel bad using that argument. It's reaction to a problem that they can see the numbers on their end.

LuL, I should feel bad for stating my opinion ?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

if thats the case, then yes. Facts are facts, feelings and opinions don't matter, the data says it.

if thats the case, then yes. Facts are facts, feelings and opinions don't matter, the data says it.

Ok first of all, can you change that Tie fighter ***** cause it's annoying to scroll down 20% more each for each post you do.
    Now, how ***** can you be to tell someone, he should feel bad for saying something ?

Ok first of all, can you change that Tie fighter **** cause it's annoying to scroll down 20% more each for each post you do.
    Now, how ***** can you be to tell someone, he should feel bad for saying something ?

Na, I'm good. And none really if you are using your feelings to insult others with who clearly see a problem and using terrible remarks to justify 1 gameplay versus thousands of hours of collective playing and notice a problem.

Ok first of all, can you change that Tie fighter **** cause it's annoying to scroll down 20% more each for each post you do.

Na, I'm good. And none really if you are using your feelings to insult others with who clearly see a problem and using terrible remarks to justify 1 gameplay versus thousands of hours of collective playing and notice a problem.

You should feel bad about your picture. And yes I use feelings and emotions, the anger fuels me on the battlefield, disgusting Jedi, you are no match for the dark side.

You should feel bad about your picture. And yes I use feelings and emotions, the anger fuels me on the battlefield, disgusting Jedi, you are no match for the dark side.

One flew over the cuckoo's nest
  • That was a *really* impressive use of Maul but let's be honest here; if Vader, Maul, and Kylo are in the same room and no light side heroes are anywhere to be seen, the dark side SHOULD win that match.

It says a lot about the players involved that all dark side heroes teamed up while the light side heroes were... doing something else, apparently.
  • I literally just did a game in Kamino with the separatists, guess what ? the 19 players (vader,boba,palpatine included) all waiting before entering the fusion core room. I had enough point for Maul. I waited a bit, after maybe 1 min I was able to pick Maul.
    Here's the situation: Leia, Han, Chewy and half the clones defending one side, the tunnel, and Vader, Palpatine and half the droids waiting.
    I literally spin attacked into all the enemies, use my 2nd spin, turn around and choked force like 6 guys.
    Then I dash a bit, spam spin attack and in 10 seconds all our players finally understood they had to push in now.

Maul is easy win on Kamino as long as the player using him knows how to use him.
  • This strategy doesn't work because the teams were very unbalanced. Kamino ending in 12 minutes? lol....
  • RedReVenge wrote: »
    This strategy doesn't work because the teams were very unbalanced. Kamino ending in 12 minutes? lol....

Teams were balanced, that lobby had been going for like 3 games before Kamino.
    Phase 1: We flanked all of them from that right side.
    Phase 2: the other team's top players decided to use the LAAT/Interceptors. Therefore, abandoning their team. That's why It was fairly easy to cap the 2 points.
    Then plz don't say it's unbalanced at phase 3 to cap the Barracks, I got 20 clones before having the other point capped and my team coming to help. That's the most intense moment of the game, it's not unbalanced team it's strong carry.
    You look surprised that Kamino is done in 12 min, but that should be the time.
    For the separatists it's either strike fast and hard or lose.
    There is no way you can slowly win in the last phase of Kamino, you just have to break through fast.