criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do grenades disappear when you die?

In BF1 if you managed to lob one out before you hit the deck you’d get to see some retribution on your kill cam. Or you’d drop it where you died and watch the guy who shot you rag doll into the air as he ran past your body.

It was awesome. Can we have that back?

Replies

• Yeah I'm honestly very unhappy that this mechanic isn't working currently, I throw a grenade, die, POOF no grenade ever left my hand
  • It's a common complaint on these forums, as are the mines that disappear and the turrets. Grenades should definitely not disappear, that's just crazy, but the latter two disappearing is equally as odd.
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • Yeah I miss that. Chucking one last impact grenade as I'm being lit up
  • It's because the animation didn't complete before you died. I've killed people with many a Thermal Detonator after I've gone down, but it needs to actually be in the air when you die. The same goes for any other grenade that I've used.

Turrets and trip mines, however, seem to despawn after 2 or 3 seconds of your death. I believe if the trip mine is triggered during that window (not likely to happen) it still explodes but I can't 100% confirm that.

Turrets definitely can kill people for a few seconds after your death, but it's still lame that it explodes.
  • K guess this is for real. Definitely need this back.
  • Seeing my guy die with a grenade in my hand always brought a smile to my face in BF1. Forgot that this was a thing until now. I want them to bring it back but it may not be as fun in SWBF2 with all the chokepoints in the game
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• I like it at times, and hate it at times. The cheap kill aspect is gone. Except when I want the cheap kill.

What I am not liking is I am clearly throwing before I am killed, and it still doesnt pop.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • lok
    968 posts Member
    there has been that 1% that went off after i died,but nearly all of my nades are nullified after death.
  • Mosey wrote: »
    It's because the animation didn't complete before you died. I've killed people with many a Thermal Detonator after I've gone down, but it needs to actually be in the air when you die. The same goes for any other grenade that I've used.

Turrets and trip mines, however, seem to despawn after 2 or 3 seconds of your death. I believe if the trip mine is triggered during that window (not likely to happen) it still explodes but I can't 100% confirm that.

Turrets definitely can kill people for a few seconds after your death, but it's still lame that it explodes.
    F03hammer wrote: »

I've had kills with the trip mine and thermal detonators after I died. Grenade had to have been thrown, and trip mine despawns after a few seconds.
  • Mosey wrote: »
    It's because the animation didn't complete before you died. I've killed people with many a Thermal Detonator after I've gone down, but it needs to actually be in the air when you die. The same goes for any other grenade that I've used.

+1.
  • If a thermal imploder or impact grenade leaves my hand and starts to get some forward motion I've got kills or damage with them. I got a one of each this evening. Now, that doesn't mean it happens 100%, juts that it does happens some.
  • In BF1 if you managed to lob one out before you hit the deck you’d get to see some retribution on your kill cam. Or you’d drop it where you died and watch the guy who shot you rag doll into the air as he ran past your body.

It was awesome. Can we have that back?

Honestly battlefield 1 was the first game for me where this was a problem. At release at least.
  • Best thing is getting taken out as officer only to see your killer die to the exploding turret. Thats just hilarious.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
  • Yes please! It used be so funny when I’d get that last kill in in the afterlife. At least we still go flying in the air from grenades though.
  • Don't grenades follow the same logic as Officer turret? If you click past your death animation, your turret disappears. If you hang around a bit longer, you might get a kill with it. This is how I managed to get that 50 Officer turret kills despite it being an atrocious utility tool for killing people.
  • Don't grenades follow the same logic as Officer turret? If you click past your death animation, your turret disappears. If you hang around a bit longer, you might get a kill with it. This is how I managed to get that 50 Officer turret kills despite it being an atrocious utility tool for killing people.

No there seems to be this thing where you know you threw that grenade in time, you’re watching your death animation waiting for sweet revenge to happen, but your grenade was a dud.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4688 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I actually am beginning to think this is a good thing now