criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

[Faction Thread] First Order vs Resistance

Replies

• Won't be able to finish challenges because of lag. /rage. What a waste of an event. If this hasn't been fixed by the time TLJ hits... this trash gets uninstalled.
  • Phasma sucks! I'd never fight for her! Dark Side all the way, NO PHASMA! I'm fighting for the Finn upgrades, I will never play as phasma!
  • Geez, I'd love to try out more of this faction stuff, find out how much fun I could be having. If only the game weren't unplayable. If only the game hadn't been unplayable for 8 whole days.
    Imagine if I bought a car and I couldn't drive it for a week to three weeks, after taking it home.
    How much would that car company drop in the stock market if that became standard practice?

Imagine if I couldn't eat bread several days after purchasing.
    What's to stop it going stale?
  • Give them time. The 12th of never is right around the corner.
  • I would love to fight for the Empire but there is a problem...half the time i am a rebel/resistance/kitarn trooper. I can't fight for the Empire as a rebel soldier.......this gimmick blows
  • Jlopean wrote: »
    Phasma looks bad ****.. Finn ...meh!

Finn is one of the worst charcters since Jar Jar.
  • Jlopean wrote: »
    Phasma looks bad ****.. Finn ...meh!

Finn is one of the worst charcters since Jar Jar.

Agreed
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Agreed

Well I actually like him :D Don't know why, but I do.

"Resistance to the pit of misery! Dilly! Dilly!"
    - Kylo Ren via iPhone -
  • Foxdie491 wrote: »
    Skywacker wrote: »
    I can't get beyond the political insanity of female action hero's therefore I will side with Finn.

You are one of those people that Hate Ripley and Sarah Connor?

"Political insanity"...
  • @Sledgehammer70 will the rewards after the TLJ season be rewarded regarding absolute or relative completed challenges?
    I think it's no secret that almost everyone picked the 1st Order, therefore absolute numbers would give them an instantly win.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    ambushbob wrote: »
    Who cares the game is ****.

Thank you for your valued contribution.

For real though, I was halfway hoping that choosing a faction would lock you to playing that faction for the duration of the event. I feel like that would really provide a larger scope and really hype up for the movie.
    That would add a definitive edge to a sense of competition!
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    On the other hand, those that would want to play both sides would be out of luck. Maybe there could be a third option to opt-out of the event and play the "mercenary" role in exchange for forfeiting the event prize
    This community though, who would "forfeit" free epics??
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• For the first order all the way
  • @Sledgehammer70 will the rewards after the TLJ season be rewarded regarding absolute or relative completed challenges?
    I think it's no secret that almost everyone picked the 1st Order, therefore absolute numbers would give them an instantly win.

I bet it's absolute. Which means Finn never stood a chance.

Of course, as a freedom fighter for the Resistance myself, I hope it's relative. Whatever the case, it would have been cool if they had announced this beforehand...
  • I can't believe so many people are going First Order. Kylo gets wrecked by Rey the first time she picks up a light saber. Kylo is only good at destroying old men and electronic equipment. Captain Phasma could have prevented Star Killer base from being destroyed by only keeping her mouth shut on how to take down the shields. What kind of super soldier gets threatened into helping blow up her own planet? Why would anybody want to join up with these two worthless characters? The Resistance seems like the obvious choice.
  • I can't believe so many people are going First Order. Kylo gets wrecked by Rey the first time she picks up a light saber. Kylo is only good at destroying old men and electronic equipment. Captain Phasma could have prevented Star Killer base from being destroyed by only keeping her mouth shut on how to take down the shields. What kind of super soldier gets threatened into helping blow up her own planet? Why would anybody want to join up with these two worthless characters? The Resistance seems like the obvious choice.

Most are not in the First Order due to Kylo, Snoke or Phasma. Many are in it, because in opinion polls the 1st Order had far more votes and others picked it because they are much cooler and it's a little bit tempting to be evil.
    Evil, that's what the campaign promissed, but couldn't hold. Now, they can fight for the evil. I don't blame anyone who picked the First Order.
    My heart belongs to the Republic (Clone Wars).
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

I bet it's absolute. Which means Finn never stood a chance.

Of course, as a freedom fighter for the Resistance myself, I hope it's relative. Whatever the case, it would have been cool if they had announced this beforehand...

Relative would be fair. In the movies the Rebels, Resistance (not sure about them) and Republic had always less numbers but could win with more dedication and better tactics.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It appears the resistance was defeated much quicker than anticipated. They have been crushed by the power of the first order. Our leader is wise and guided us to victory! At least for this week ;)

I'd like an answer for this aswell...
  • I'd like to see some scores.
    How many team members for both factions?
    How many FO daily or weekly challenges were completed? And how many for the Resistance?
    And what does that mean in %.
  • Who won the First challenge?
    What are this week challenges?
    EA, We really need a companion app...
    It appears the resistance was defeated much quicker than anticipated. They have been crushed by the power of the first order. Our leader is wise and guided us to victory! At least for this week ;)

In truth, it was the power of The Dark Side that guided us in this epic battle. For we maybe The First Order but deeper down we are something far more greater then that, we are The Dark Side!

@Cad_Bane
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines

In truth, it was the power of The Dark Side that guided us in this epic battle. For we maybe The First Order but deeper down we are something far more greater then that, we are The Dark Side!

@Cad_Bane

I can't believe a mod chose the dark side. I feel both saddened and cheated. Refund? (Jk jk haha)
    The resistance for life! The resistance will prevail... because... the good guys always win... right!?
    I shall meet you, XXXO77etc, in the battlefield, as well as your lowly mindless bucket-heads.

Cheers, happy holidays, and death to the First Order!
  • @Phoenix13

I was always The Dark Side, I am The Dark Side. >:)

The First Order sides with us so we side with it, easy choice. And I shall see you on the field of battle as The Dark Side and crush your resistance and your Light Side helpers! For we are all powerful!

Btw feel free to call me X, I know my name can get complicated. XD
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

• Phasma:
    She's very slow and clumsy. I think she needs a bit more speed and maneuverability. Right now she feels like handling chewy.

Her staff ability needs to have 2 fast attacks followed up with a heavy attack as a 3rd. Right now it's like heavy/smack/heavy

I think they should make her staff ability the L1+R1 function. It switches from her blaster to her staff for infinite time until she switches back. Once in staff mode, she acts like a lightsaber heroes, has attacks and can block other melee weapons.

Finn:
    OP right now. Deadeye is a great ability. Undercover team is useless and should be cut out. Make "Big Deal" R1 ability. Like I said with phasma, have Finn also be a melee hero who can switch between blaster and melee. Give Finn a Z6 Riot batton so he can melee and block.

Before people say this will make the two heroes OP, their weakness would be when they switch between blaster and melee.
  • How do you do this latest challenge of killing 5 enemies as a reinforcement? Clearly I’m missing something as I haven’t managed a single notch in my belt loop on that one.

I thought a reinforcement was when you respawn after dying but clearly that’s not the case I have have more than sufficient kills after respawning so it must be some nuance I’m currently unaware of.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    How do you do this latest challenge of killing 5 enemies as a reinforcement? Clearly I’m missing something as I haven’t managed a single notch in my belt loop on that one.

I thought a reinforcement was when you respawn after dying but clearly that’s not the case I have have more than sufficient kills after respawning so it must be some nuance I’m currently unaware of.

Spawn in as a jumptrooper, Rocket droid or a Flametrooper, DT or wookie warrior
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    How do you do this latest challenge of killing 5 enemies as a reinforcement? Clearly I’m missing something as I haven’t managed a single notch in my belt loop on that one.

Well there’s the nuance and no wonder I’ve been seeing so many flame troopers recently.

Thx Cad

I've to get 5 kills with them.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• steamcleaned
    88 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

Just spawn in as a Wookie Warrior and fire once and you should have met your total :D :D

Just spawn in as a Wookie Warrior and fire once in any general direction and you should meet your total fine :D :D

Just spawn in as a Wookie Warrior and fire once in any general direction and you should meet your total fine :D :D

This on Theed, blast is what I did haha.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    To summarize:

The Resistance = Knights of the Round Table
    First Order = French
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

lol I did that on Takodana and got a 17 kill streak in 2 mins
  • I gotta be honest here. I love phasma, and I instanty went FO when the season started. However AFTER seeing The Last Jedi twice now I've grown to actually really like the resistance. Not in The Force Awakens though. I almost wish there was a chance, like a day or an option to switch, but I understand why that is not the case.
  • I gotta be honest here. I love phasma, and I instanty went FO when the season started. However AFTER seeing The Last Jedi twice now I've grown to actually really like the resistance. Not in The Force Awakens though. I almost wish there was a chance, like a day or an option to switch, but I understand why that is not the case.

It doesn't make any difference to gameplay anyway.
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1609 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I got 10 kills with a Reinforcement. Zero for the challenge. It apparently doesn't work for vehicles on GA. Uh, they are technically called Reinforcements, are they not? (They should've specified that it has to be a trooper-type reinforcement)
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    I got 10 kills with a Reinforcement. Zero for the challenge. It apparently doesn't work for vehicles on GA. Uh, they are technically called Reinforcements, are they not? (They should've specified that it has to be a trooper-type reinforcement)

I don't think they are called that.

http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Reinforcements
  • It has to be a Wookie/Jump Trooper/Flame Trooper etc. Worked fine for me.
  • Any word on where our winner/runner up crates for the weeks challenges are? If I'm not mistaken we had them by now last week...
  • Any word on where our winner/runner up crates for the weeks challenges are? If I'm not mistaken we had them by now last week...

Nvm got my days mixed up.

We will find out who the winning side is tomorrow.
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    Erupit wrote: »
    I can't believe you **** **** chose the First Order. What kind of mutilated sense of morality do you have? Half of Star Wars fans are ****. You dark side loving **** mitts need mental adjustment.

The bad guys in Star Wars have just always been cooler to me. They get the best looking ships, costumes and villains are way better than the heroes in the sage IMO.

Same here ;-)
  • 12bjoe wrote: »
    Any word on where our winner/runner up crates for the weeks challenges are? If I'm not mistaken we had them by now last week...

We already know who the winning side is, the first order. Basing the winning side simply on which side completed the challenges is a crappy way to do it. There never was any contest on who would win this.
  • Blackwolfe wrote: »
    12bjoe wrote: »
    Any word on where our winner/runner up crates for the weeks challenges are? If I'm not mistaken we had them by now last week...

We already know who the winning side is, the first order. Basing the winning side simply on which side completed the challenges is a **** way to do it. There never was any contest on who would win this.

Agreed. When I found out it was a popularity contest, I simply facepalmed.
  • The Dark Side also known as The First Order for now has won yet again and has crushed The Light Side known for now as The Resistance!

Well done our forces, now push on as they will be back!

• is there anywhere to see the total number of players per faction?
  • Kifaru wrote: »
    is there anywhere to see the total number of players per faction?

Nope.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Kifaru wrote: »
    is there anywhere to see the total number of players per faction?

1,243,756 First Order
    7 Resistance
  • The total number of people playing the Resistance can fit on the Millennium Falcon.
  • You male-dominating Resis-dunces will never know the power of gender equality!
    Resis-dunce: 4 male, 2 female.
    First Order: 3 male, 3 female.

THIS IS WHAT ORDER AND PEACE LOOK LIKE!!