criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Cargo Incoming To Battlefront 2?

CargoBuddy
251 posts Member
edited December 2017
Can we get a developer response to what was found in the DLC game files? Is Cargo coming to Battlefront 2? Will it be infantry only? Will it have it's own playlist?

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7jisd7/cargo_found_in_the_files/

Replies

• I wish it was - Cargo was one of the few modes in BF 1 I as a newcomer could finally get something done -- the CA-87 was a big help, of course :)
  • All objective base game modes like cargo, droid run etc all need to stay in strike mode so all the modes stay together and so not to divide the community. this works great like in halo 5 arena has one mode for all objectives like CTF, KOTH, etc
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    All objective base game modes like cargo, droid run etc all need to stay in strike mode so all the modes stay together and so not to divide the community. this works great like in halo 5 arena has one mode for all objectives like CTF, KOTH, etc

No. There won't be even be a community if the game modes players want are not available to play in their own playlist. Nobody wants to keep quitting out after each match to play the game mode they want.

Nobody asked for Strike and it's linearity gets old fast.
  • CargoBuddy wrote: »
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    All objective base game modes like cargo, droid run etc all need to stay in strike mode so all the modes stay together and so not to divide the community. this works great like in halo 5 arena has one mode for all objectives like CTF, KOTH, etc

No. There won't be even be a community if the game modes players want are not available to play in their own playlist. Nobody wants to keep quitting out after each match to play the game mode they want.

lol "Nobody wants to keep quitting out after each match to play the game mode they want" you mean like battlefront 2015 where people had to keep backing out from cargo to go to droid run to back out after to go to drop zone and rinse lather repeat. because of this, and having each map dlc separated this divided the community so much that searching for a game took forever because after a while the pop died out. this is true about almost every game now so thats why they keep the objective gametypes that are all similar together. again king of the hill, territories, strongholds, capture the flag, odd ball, are all in the same game mode in halo 5 because this allows all small team based objective game modes to stay together so finding matches are quicker, and fact is they all are similar all playing an objective. that's why Blast, GA, SA, HvV are in there modes and Strike contains objectives. once they add more objective types in it won't be "gets old fast" . Having all the modes all over the place just means lower populations as they are stretched further away and less time to play. rather keep them together and instead just make a battlefield search browser would be way easier.
  • I'm hoping for extraction. Easily the mode enjoyed the most in the previous battlefront. (Outer Rim was easily the best dlc on all fronts tbh)
  • Yeah Cargo and Droid run would be great.
    Also hero hunt.
  • I would love to see Cargo.. please bring it back!

Agreed, there won’t be a community if strike is all we have imo. I don’t want a jumbled mess, I want a small all infrantry somewhat competitive mode and strike isn’t it. I’m curious as to how many people actually played bf15 because I’ve never had a problem finding a match of cargo or dz on ps4. Walker is full to this day.
  • d0kRX
    1348 posts Member
    Yes we want cargo and extraction please! I think people only want droid run to rack up points, but I could be wrong.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Casscaden wrote: »
    CargoBuddy wrote: »

Agreed, there won’t be a community if strike is all we have imo. I don’t want a jumbled mess, I want a small all infrantry somewhat competitive mode and strike isn’t it. I’m curious as to how many people actually played bf15 because I’ve never had a problem finding a match of cargo or dz on ps4. Walker is full to this day.

Which is more 1 in 15 or 3 in 5? same right? now which one are you going to get first? exactly 3 different lobbies for objective gameplay or 1 lobby and just set your search browser for game lobbies to only that mode rather then 3 separate. so for those that dont care which mode can stay in and those that want to just play 1 mode are still in strike but only for those modes and get switched out to another when match end. otherwise you will have to go through the LOADING process that takes an eternity to leave and join matches which the average player hates enough to not bother to switch modes constantly by having to back out and select another lobby over n over that he will stick to just one and then the other lobbies die out. Think long term, not short term.
  • CargoBuddy
    251 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    you mean like battlefront 2015 where people had to keep backing out from cargo to go to droid run to back out after to go to drop zone and rinse lather repeat.

You obviously never played BF2015 because NOBODY did that. The majority of players stayed in their desired game mode playlist to play a bunch of games. In fact, going back to BF2015 now, you can still find full games on PS4 in those OG game specific playlists.

The only time players would quit out after every game is when they tried to play a specific game mode like Extraction, HvV or Cargo in the Outer Rim and Death Star playlists. That is what you are proposing and nobody wants that. No thanks. The proof is that those types of amalgamated playlists are currently much less populated in BF2015.

Having only 5 game modes in BF2 is quite bare and it could use a few more. Adding Cargo as a new game mode in its own playlist is a good start with hopefully more to follow. The playerbase will be fine.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2207 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    you mean like battlefront 2015 where people had to keep backing out from cargo to go to droid run to back out after to go to drop zone and rinse lather repeat.

You obviously never played BF2015 because NOBODY did that. The majority of players stayed in their desired game mode playlist to play a bunch of games. In fact, going back to BF2015 now, you can still find full games on PS4 in those OG game specific playlists.

The only time players would quit out after every game is when they tried to play a specific game mode like Extraction, HvV or Cargo in the Outer Rim and Death Star playlists. That is what you are proposing and nobody wants that. No thanks. The proof is that those types of amalgamated playlists are currently much less populated in BF2015.

Having only 5 game modes in BF2 is quite bare and it could use a few more. Adding Cargo is a good start with hopefully more to follow. The playerbase will be fine.

yes i did im max rank in that game buddy, everything unlocked, over 100 of each charge card, maxed out base command. get on my level. and yes you had to back out once you wanted to play something else. it got boring to do the same thing over n over. people would mention how they want to switch often to new game modes but they have to load out and load in.

They will have more game modes that people really need

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/83160/we-want-conquest-mode-everyone-who-wants-this-answer-make-this-thread-big

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/87723/new-maps-and-modes-and-additions-to-existing-maps-modes

0hjvctdf1czn.png

b35erza36d6c.png
    website is glitched saying 20/22 but you can see i have them all unlocked. so don;t ever tell me i didn't play the game dude. you got to to getsta on me level bra. i was done back after a 2 weeks of afer Scarif DLC released. You got to lift bra
    fq60t15dd2c6.png

• CargoBuddy
    251 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Think long term, not short term.

Good advice but your logic is backwards. Throwing game modes into a mixed playlist is a surefire way to frustrate gamers and have them not play the game at all anymore.

Let the players play the game modes they want, when they want, how they want. This works in BF2015 and it will work in BF2 too.
    Think long term, not short term.

Good advice but your logic is backwards. Throwing game modes into a mixed playlist is a surefire way to frustrate gamers and have them not play the game at all anymore.

Let the players play the game modes they want, when they want, how they want. This works in BF2015 and it will work in BF2 too.

seems like you didn't read everything, not gonna say it again so copy past "Which is more 1 in 15 or 3 in 5? same right? now which one are you going to get first? exactly 3 different lobbies for objective gameplay or 1 lobby and just set your search browser for game lobbies to only that mode rather then 3 separate. so for those that dont care which mode can stay in and those that want to just play 1 mode are still in strike but only for those modes and get switched out to another when match end. otherwise you will have to go through the LOADING process that takes an eternity to leave and join matches which the average player hates enough to not bother to switch modes constantly by having to back out and select another lobby over n over that he will stick to just one and then the other lobbies die out. Think long term, not short term."
    im max rank in that game buddy, everything unlocked, over 100 of each charge card, maxed out base command. get on my level.
    don;t ever tell me i didn't play the game dude. you got to to getsta on me level bra. i was done back after a 2 weeks of afer Scarif DLC released. You got to lift bra

Lol! Thanks for the advice and setting me straight, bra

lol "Nobody wants to keep quitting out after each match to play the game mode they want" you mean like battlefront 2015 where people had to keep backing out from cargo to go to droid run to back out after to go to drop zone and rinse lather repeat. because of this, and having each map dlc separated this divided the community so much that searching for a game took forever because after a while the pop died out. this is true about almost every game now so thats why they keep the objective gametypes that are all similar together. again king of the hill, territories, strongholds, capture the flag, odd ball, are all in the same game mode in halo 5 because this allows all small team based objective game modes to stay together so finding matches are quicker, and fact is they all are similar all playing an objective. that's why Blast, GA, SA, HvV are in there modes and Strike contains objectives. once they add more objective types in it won't be "gets old fast" . Having all the modes all over the place just means lower populations as they are stretched further away and less time to play. rather keep them together and instead just make a battlefield search browser would be way easier.

All the modes are objective-based except Blast.

I played mostly Cargo along with a bunch of friends on XBox, and it was super fun.

IMO it should work the same as 2015. I would have liked to see the DLC modes added to their appropriate playlists rather than being mixed all together in their common locations.For example, Droid Run on the Death Star should have been added to the Droid Run playlist rather than only a separate DLC.

I like that they see to be doing that now, adding Crait maps to GA and Strike playlists rather than having a separate Crait playlist.

Having only 5 game modes in BF2 is quite bare and it could use a few more. Adding Cargo as a new game mode in its own playlist is a good start with hopefully more to follow. The playerbase will be fine.

I agree with this except the making of the assumption that someone has never played. People have different preferences, for sure, but this description is consistent with my experience.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2207 posts Member
    edited December 2017

All the modes are objective-based except Blast.

I played mostly Cargo along with a bunch of friends on XBox, and it was super fun.

IMO it should work the same as 2015. I would have liked to see the DLC modes added to their appropriate playlists rather than being mixed all together in their common locations.For example, Droid Run on the Death Star should have been added to the Droid Run playlist rather than only a separate DLC.

I like that they see to be doing that now, adding Crait maps to GA and Strike playlists rather than having a separate Crait playlist.

the objective modes we are talking about in BF2 like Cargo, extraction, droid run etc were within same player count which is why it made sense. like how GA is a mix of WA and Turning point and infiltration if you think about it. I don't see how my idea doesn't work. it literally pleases everyone. you have a lobby with all those objective modes and if people only want one mode then it at end of match the next match it puts you in the next new match for that mode. Zone, Cargo, Run, Zone, Cargo, Run, Zone, Cargo, Run, Zone, Cargo, Run. But you just want to play Run and Zone then when the next cycled map is going to be Cargo, you get put in a search for a Run or Zone map instead. This way people that don't care which objective gametime they play and those that apparently do, don't get split off into different segmented lobbies. 1500 people in 1 in one category is faster at finding full matches than 3 different lobby types with 500 in them.
    im max rank in that game buddy, everything unlocked, over 100 of each charge card, maxed out base command. get on my level.
    don;t ever tell me i didn't play the game dude. you got to to getsta on me level bra. i was done back after a 2 weeks of afer Scarif DLC released. You got to lift bra

Lol! Thanks for the advice and setting me straight, bra

ya love the fact you talk a whole bunch of smack but when you get proven wrong you immediately try to back pedal and go off on a tangent to avoid admitting you done messed up son.

thumb.jpg
  • Cargo was in the game files and they didn't include it? Interesting. Most interesting.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Cargo was in the game files and they didn't include it? Interesting. Most interesting.

it was available early 2018 but it was a total fail. they removed it when they add ewok, then bring it back few weeks and finally removed it . first time they added it , there was no time limit and games on bespin could last for 45 minutes !
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    Cargo was in the game files and they didn't include it? Interesting. Most interesting.

it was available early 2018 but it was a total fail. they removed it when they add ewok, then bring it back few weeks and finally removed it . first time they added it , there was no time limit and games on bespin could last for 45 minutes !

That was Jet Pack Cargo though. Completely different in my book. It only included one cargo too
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• bfloo
    14452 posts Member
    Speedjack wrote: »
    Cargo was in the game files and they didn't include it? Interesting. Most interesting.

45 minutes was a short Bespin round
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png