criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The new credits ‘count up’

It’s a (minor) irritant, does anyone actually like it?

Where before you ended a game and saw your credit reward, now you wait a few seconds then wait while it counts upwards. I could be waiting to see the achievements screen or waiting to quit, and this is just an unnecessary hold up.

Replies

• It's like winning the bonus on a slot machine. Wait..slots..gambling.. lol. Couldnt resist!

I've spent almost 200 hours in this game, but I think only 50 hours playing, the rest in menus and cut scenes.
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I noticed this but it doesn't really bother me. Sometimes I think for a moment I got glitched and received 0 credits but then it starts counting them up.
  • I like it the only thing I don’t like is joining an almost over game getting 10+ kills and only being awarded 1 credit because you were there
    for only a few minutes.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    I don't mind it.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • i don't need it :)
  • A hold up of like a second... really...I don't find it as a big deal, doesn't take long for it to count up
  • lok
    986 posts Member
    I believe its EA`s new program to nullify the afk`ers,if you watch it,it first counts the points you made in game-(afk`ers dont make points in game)..then rewards you based apon your points.
    So therefore the afk`ers would not get any credits at all.
    That is my opinion though.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    A hold up of like a second... really...I don't find it as a big deal, doesn't take long for it to count up

Any second added to the already ridiculous wait times in this game is a second too many. Shave them, don’t add them.
  • @lok not sure what you mean. It still shows 0 for me at first but I don't afk. Also afk get some points from sacrifice when people (rightly) kill them. Afk is a bigger problem in hvv than GA. Not sure why they changed the credit payout screen. I think op point it just why did they do this? Other issues could be fixed but they did some cosmetic change in the post game screen
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    I hate it, those extra 5 seconds mean so much when I am trying to just exit or whatever, I mean I don't like wasting time when I am wasting time playing video games.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    I like it
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    It does take a awful long time
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • It’s a (minor) irritant, does anyone actually like it?

Where before you ended a game and saw your credit reward, now you wait a few seconds then wait while it counts upwards. I could be waiting to see the achievements screen or waiting to quit, and this is just an unnecessary hold up.

What’s your rush? You still need to wait another 5 minutes for the next match to begin anyway? Ok ok, maybe not 5 but it certainly feels that long at times.
  • A minor annoyance that definitely got a slight eye roll when I first noticed it.

‘Sweet, now there’s a credit gli...oh, lame’
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    A minor annoyance that definitely got a slight eye roll when I first noticed it.

‘Sweet, now there’s a credit gli...oh, lame’

That was pretty much my exact train of thought.
  • If I tab away from the credits screen before it's finished counting then it reads 0 when I go back, whether or not it rewards me 0 credits I haven't determined but it's likely a UI error
  • Its to give you something "to do" while waiting for the incredibly long load times to get you into the next game... /s