criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

(Megathread) Is lag fix already?

1161718192022Next

Replies

• I noticed this lag started happening the moment they turned off microtransactions, I would not be surprised if EA downgraded their servers/network to protect profits.

• Antiquary
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    This is a charade.

Clearly EA are trying to kill the game to a certain level - because microtransactions have been stopped and they are ONLY interested in games with microtransactions, they have decided to only pay for a certain level of server capacity and are prepared to see the game die to this low level - it's all $ and nothing else.

That's it EA, you've had 2nd, and 3rd chances with you ruining Dragon Age and Mass Effect, certain this will be the last EA game I ever buy.

DICE, watch Mad Men series 3, especially the last episode.
  • £60 for nothing but Lag lag lag lag lag nice
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Unplayable.

Wow dude. I thought that was gonna give me a stroke.
  • Reg
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I sort of thought since they commented on it on December 1st that it would take a few days and it would be better. Then I was at least hoping for some communication about what was going on. Now I just don’t know what’s going to happen. It seems like nearly 2 weeks of waiting is a long time. I wonder if they’re going to even try to fix the latency issues at all.

Post edited by Reg on
  • Miskreantis
    116 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Reg wrote: »
    I sort of thought since they commented on it on December 1st that it would take a few days and it would be better. Then I was at least hoping for some communication about what was going on. Now I just don’t know what’s going to happen. It seems like nearly 2 weeks of waiting is a long time. I wonder if they’re going to even try to fix the latency issues at all.

But...no...it's worse most of the time. I honestly think they don't know how to fix the issue - OR it's our punishment by EA for the lootcrate fiasco. Is it so farfetched that they would intentionally lag out the game since you know they are furious with the gamers? I think EA is doing it on purpose.
    PLEASE DISNEY - REVOKE EA/DICE STAR WARS EXCLUSIVITY LICENSE!

Window 10 64 Pro
    Intel i7-7820x @ 4.3Ghz
    Corsair H60
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
    Asus ROG Strix x299-e Motherboard
    Asus ROG GTX 1080ti-OC
    500Gb Western Digital Blue SSD
    Corsair 760T + Corsair LED fans

• lok
    973 posts Member
    Well i guess we will see after today/tonight after the patch/update what they will do.
    If the lag is not attended too on this update i will be mind blown.
    If they cannot or are struggling to fix the problem then we need a response,i am waiting patiently and hoping it will be fixed within the next day. :/
  • Sparkynutz
    472 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Reg wrote: »

But...no...it's worse most of the time. I honestly think they don't know how to fix the issue - OR it's our punishment by EA for the lootcrate fiasco. Is it so farfetched that they would intentionally lag out the game since you know they are furious with the gamers? I think EA is doing it on purpose.

Yes, I do think it's farfetched. They've already gotten a bunch of people mad with the loot crate garbage, and they've lost $6 billion (last I've heard anyway) in stock worth. The last thing they'd do is purposefully anger even more people by punishing the community with laggy servers, which would lead to even worse sales coming up to Christmas via word of mouth, and cause their stock to plummet even further. If they did that, EA might as well close up shop, because everyone would stop buying their games. Think about it, with all of the scandals they've had with their games over the past ten years, the last thing they need is for people to find out they purposefully are screwing gamers who were rightfully upset about their nickle and diming marketing strategies. They're already considered the anti-christ of gaming, doing this would make them the Satan of gaming.

I just believe they are completely incompetent. The game wasn't a lag factory during the pre-release days, but after the 17th it was really bad. The Monday after the full release, we got a patch, and that's when I noticed the mountains of lag. They did something on accident and they are figuring out how to fix it, they are just taking their ever loving time doing so. It isn't high traffic, they've sold a remarkably low number of copies for a AAA title. Again, I think it's just incompetence.
  • Antiquary
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    No Sparky - EA executives are on record as saying they are a big believer in cutting their losses - their behaviour backs this up too... they must be counting on new generations of young kids each year to not know or care about how they are ready to dump all over their customers.

They know how to create a lag free game, this was a lag free game and they have enough experience with Frostbite by now.

And maybe not many people saw it but an early ('early' - after waiting over the Thanksgiving weekend) dev response here when the lag 1st happened admitted that there wasn't enough server capacity - but that was deleted.
  • lok
    973 posts Member
    Antiquary wrote: »
    No Sparky - EA executives are on record as saying they are a big believer in cutting their losses - their behaviour backs this up too... they must be counting on new generations of young kids each year to not know or care about how they are ready to dump all over their customers.

They know how to create a lag free game, this was a lag free game and they have enough experience with Frostbite by now.

And maybe not many people saw it but an early ('early' - after waiting over the Thanksgiving weekend) dev response here when the lag 1st happened admitted that there wasn't enough server capacity - but that was deleted.

It is sus i agree.
  • Not enough server capacity for 800k copies sold? They can easily support battlefield with more than a million copies out there, but less than a million and they forget how to get their games to function? Come on.

They aren't going to "cut their losses" when they have Disney on their backs. Disney just closed down Marvel Heroes Omega a few weeks back. If EA hopes to ever make another Star Wars game, they aren't going to crater their own game not even a month after its release. EA may be pretty stup!d, but doing something like mothballing their own game would kill their company.
  • Antiquary
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    'EA aren't stup!d'... looks at Mass Effect Andromeda.
  • I still get killed by that GOD DAMN DESYNC!
  • I just finished a game on Kashyyyk this morning. First time no lag or rubberbanding. When we lost I actually felt satisfied that I could contribute. Not saying it's fixed just this is the first time for me since the last patch that I get no lag on this map.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    I just finished a game on Kashyyyk this morning. First time no lag or rubberbanding. When we lost I actually felt satisfied that I could contribute. Not saying it's fixed just this is the first time for me since the last patch that I get no lag on this map.
    I had no lag on this map last night as well on PC.
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    REALLY bad lag is back again after a few days of almost no lag. I don't usually have problems playing in the morning EST but it is completely unplayable again... It doesn't help that I've only been able to play on Kashyyyk and Crait since the DLC dropped either. I get booted straight to the menu every time it changes to a different map other than those 2 and Kashyyyk has always been the map that I have terrible lag on...
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Was anyone getting booted last night after the load screen before trooper selection at the start of a match or right before the match was supposed to start?

Happened to me on multiple occasions, usually after the Crait map.
  • Yes happened to me once or twice. I think there is a separate thread about it.
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Was anyone getting booted last night after the load screen before trooper selection at the start of a match or right before the match was supposed to start?

Happened to me on multiple occasions, usually after the Crait map.
    Yep... Between that and the lag being back, the game is truly unplayable again...

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Vilpire
    713 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The lag is so bad sometimes that I get switched into first person, can't do anything at all, not even bring up the score screen or press Esc to leave the match, I am forced to Alt-F4 if it doesn't get back to working again after a minute. But everyone else is moving flawless, not a bit of lag, yet I am frozen in place, unable to do anything. I can't even bring my abilities up with F1.
    It's truly infuriating.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
  • Have you seen it where you press the card button but nothing happens? Press it multiple times spam it and eventually it works. This only happens on Kashyyyk and I assume it's due to lag.
  • Vilpire wrote: »
    The lag is so bad sometimes that I get switched into first person, can't do anything at all, not even bring up the score screen or press Esc to leave the match, I am forced to Alt-F4 if it doesn't get back to working again after a minute. But everyone else is moving flawless, not a bit of lag, yet I am frozen in place, unable to do anything. I can't even bring my abilities up with F1.
    It's truly infuriating.

+1. Just curious, did you have any problems the last few days? I was connecting almost perfectly from when the DLC dropped until this morning. Now it is worse than I have ever seen it...

giphy.gif

• Omg, fix this already. I feel like I'm being screwed over by this net neutrality crap.
  • So I know I'm gonna catch a suspension with this, but screw it.

FIX THIS STUPID LAG ALREADY JESUS CHRIST. I'VE SPENT MORE TIME WAITING TO RESPAWN TODAY THAN I HAVE ACTUALLY PLAYING BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS FREAKING ONE SHOTTING ME.
  • For those of you wondering if you should sell your standard ps4, ps4 pro, or Xbox one and upgrade to an Xbox one x in hopes that you will not longer lag on BF2, I advise you to not follow in my footsteps. BF2 lags too on Xbox one x.
  • although i am not having massive lag like before the last patch, it still there, it still making me unable to dodge a last "bullet" rolling, it is lagging on 1v1 combat and making this game unplayable.

I am dying to a dead player I just killed. this is how bad it already is.
  • Worst it’s ever been. Xbox one x as well, this game is a joke
  • One guy was asking earlier if he should upgrade hardware on his PC because swbf2 was the only game that was chugging. Not its noy your PC, its the lag.

• Hi, folks!

I would like to show you a curious issue from that damned first patch released in 11/21 and whose harmful effects still remains after DICE release others patches and the first DLC based on the movie The Last Jedi.

It's a kind of stuttering that only happens when you play with bomber ships like Y-Wings And TIE/SA in Starfighter Mode on the exact moment that you spawn in the match.
    So watch it on 0:11 min in my gameplay video:

And after try many alternative ways ( like decrease the video resolutions for the minimal settings ) to try eliminate that bug i had an insight for turn off the hubs of the game and that issue disappears totally like you can see in this another gameplay video:

Then I realized that it is a problem related to the hubs displayed in multiplayer mode (BTW, in this game there is an exaggeration of hubs compared to the first game of 2015 or even with the Open Beta of the fall 2017! In my humble opinion, and unfortunately it is very difficult to play without the hubs, despite the game looks cute just like the movies)
    And it is worth remembering that this problem never happened in the time of the Open Beta and in the official release time of the game, this started after the damn patch of 21/11

It's will be MARVELOUS if our friends developers pay attention to this issue and fix it in some next patch or just restore the game to your original settings to undo this issue because it's very, very disappointing play a game that we purchased when it's runs fine and after some badly patches it gets worst instead to gets better! ¬¬

In my YT Channel you can see many gameplay videos in several fases of this game since the Open Beta until this current time with so many lags and stuttering!

May the Force be with you!
    " There's no art to find a mind's construction in the face! "

W. Shakespeare Macbeth: Act I Scene IV

CPU: Intel Core I7 3770K @ 3.90 Ghz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW 2GB DDR5 02G-P4-2678-KR
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
    Mem RAM: G. Skill DDR3 @ 1600Mhz ( 9-9-9-24 ) 16 Gb Dual-Channel
    Storage: Intel 330 Series SSD 120 GB &
    HD Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 1 TB
    Power Supply: XFX Pro650 W
    Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
    Optical Drive: BD-RE LG WH14NS40
    Monitor: Sony LED TV KDL40R335B 40'
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64- bit Fall Creators Update Edition
  • Seriously when will we get any feedback on this lag. I played 3 it 4 games of GA with little to no issues and once again it’s unplayable. I can’t even run from the spawn point without it looking like I walk.. run... walk.. run

Rebooted game, not any better. This is just so Busch league it’s unbelievable
  • Ping sites
    UK 176ms
    Ireland 22ms
    Germany 24ms

Connecting to Germans, Americans & all sorts tonight.
    Something up with the servers?
    Im in the UK with no usual problems in blast.
  • Wow, it is REALLY bad tonight...

giphy.gif

• NOPE!!
    A Clone Trooper walks into a bar and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”
    “I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”
  • LOL.

I found this over here: A closed threadat MP forum, and then I see 44 pages of previous answers, and then I remember any number of threads at Technical Issues, and guess what?

No, it hasn't.

LOL. LOL. LOL.

And of course it won't be.
  • LAG spikes are terrible this morning... hurray for no net neutrality
    I am the angry sheep, but the hamsters fought valiantly
  • The lag & rubberbanding are god awful for me the past 2-3 weeks. It has gotten worse as time has gone on. They have to fix their **** & the servers. They’re probably sipping tea in Sweden as we speak laughing at us.

The game is unplayable for me. I walk into a doorway & 2 seconds later I teleport right back where I was & I’m stuck on the wall to the sides of the doorway. This happens every 4-5 seconds for me. I’ve changed nothing with my internet.
  • Ughhh... Another 40+ Yoda streak ruined by the dang lag that just freezes you for 5-10 seconds.... I had literally full health and a decent amount of time left, but of course I would just freeze right in front of an enemy who wastes no time melting me in 5 seconds.... This game just really triggers me sometimes.... I'll post the gameplay after I've had a chance to cool off a bit...

giphy.gif

• The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

giphy.gif

• Seriously, does anybody know when the guys from DICE get back from vacation? Ever since Christmas the lag has made the game mostly unplayable... It was fine for a few weeks before Christmas, but it has gotten to the point where I just really don't want to deal with it anymore again... I really like this game but eventually I'll be pushed past my limit.

giphy.gif

• Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Getting ready to uninstall over here. I'm still logging in for daily crates and for a round or 2 but only because I love Star Wars so much. I'm going to keep sticking around waiting on an announcement (at bare min) about when the next patch is hitting and what changes we can expect. They've had long enough to fix things and to communicate with us, so if I don't see anything by... umm.. what? Middle of the month? Jan 15th... this gets uninstalled. I think this is incredibly generous given the persistent lag and stuttering since day 1.
  • Adding to this thread, im having lag stutter issues too.
    Xbox one x, installed on a external drive and then direct to internal xbox both have issues.
  • Was going to wait till the 15th for a patch before I would uninstall but I've had enough. It's now uninstalled until I read about proper fixes for lag and stuttering. Playing is an exercise in frustration that ends in being **** off while trying to enjoy Star Wars. I'm done poisoning my favorite franchise because Dice and EA don't seem to care or just aren't competent enough. 6 weeks like this... 6 weeks!!!
  • Its no wonder they don't show your ping on the server , I would say 90% of my games are affected by lag , so are my friends so are my sons , thats just dam poor.
  • From time to time, I still have some rubber banding in SA, but it's rare. Like once every two or three matches, for about just a few seconds.

Something that happens a bit more often is one opponent player rubber banding, but just that player (SA too).
  • Welcome to LAGlefront 2

It’s particularly wonderful tonight in gaLAGtic assault as well
  • I have this weird issue where I lag really hard at the start of a match but after about 5 minutes it goes away and it typically runs pretty smoothly with the occasional rubberband. Does anyone know if this is something I can fix on my end? I'd rather just be able to start a match playing instead of waiting around for 5 minutes for the game to smooth out.
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I complained in another thread about the ongoing lag and stuttering we've had SINCE DAY ONE... and I was called a troll and accused of asking for nerfs! Wth? Are the fan-boys seriously in such denial over the state of this game? /stunning
  • GA is still unplayable during the day... I have to wait until the middle of the night for a decent match...

giphy.gif

• Lag has been pretty bad in GA and SA in the last few days. On PC NA
    NeoX
  • I had wondered why someone from EA/DICE wanted to buy an old Dell OptiPlex I had for sale. As I recall that bad boy was running a Pentium 4 (with Hyperthreading no less) and 256mb of DDR2 RAM. Now, after playing LAGfront 2, I know they were wanting to beef up their server capacity so they bought my old rig. It all makes sense now!