criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Starmasui73146
    1788 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Are we going to get ANY offline content?

According to the devs yes

Earn 3X more Credits daily in Arcade Mode. It's been made clear that you were hitting the Arcade Mode Credit cap faster than we expected, so we wanted to alleviate that by increasing it to 1500 Credits. While we're still looking into ways to add more content into it the mode in the long-term, we think that this should help in the near-term for those who want rewards for completing the different scenarios.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/changes-progression-credits

Now that’s even more hopeful, yeah. :)

“There is always hope.”
  • KlownShueS wrote: »

Earn 3X more Credits daily in Arcade Mode. It's been made clear that you were hitting the Arcade Mode Credit cap faster than we expected, so we wanted to alleviate that by increasing it to 1500 Credits. While we're still looking into ways to add more content into it the mode in the long-term, we think that this should help in the near-term for those who want rewards for completing the different scenarios.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/changes-progression-credits

No that's not hope you feel that's straight up smoke being blown up your back side.

That's the rubbish I'm tired of. "thinking" of new content.
    Let's start by giving us every small map.

Screw that... We should of had skirmish at freaking launch like they said.

How about sfa offline I would love to learn how to fly and not get in the way of teammates.

GA should of been a no brainer.

Oh wait wasn't it a uproar in 2015 what we wanted?

Who are they listing to cause I'm still trying to find that one offline fan that said "this is perfect just the way it is"

The only online fan I hear that the game is perfect is payed YouTubers.

So many gaming company's can do this right. To tell you the truth I rather have activation or gears graphics and some offline modes that matter. Heck their loot crates are even better cause it's still not tied to progression.

So the " thinking of new ways" is b. S.
    No body is paying them to think. We payed them to do something they knew they was to do for the title of the game alone.... Instant action!

Their failer is now complete. I don't even think I care about the daily crates..... Nah I don't give two...... About it anymore.
  • I saw the last jedi such a great movie its a shame we don’t have a proper game ?
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • I promised i wouldn't get angry but seriously the daily credit cap has gotta go EA/Dice. So far i've been slogging away at tier 3s, dying and trying. But what doesn't help is the message of earn more credits in 16hours time. This is the sort of **** you'd expect in a F2P mobile game not in a triple A £40 - £70 game. What the hell am i suppose to do while i'm waiting? All story missions completed, i don't have a ps+ for multiplayer and why should i pay 40 pounds for 12 months just to be shot in the face by skillfull players who are up thier own arses. And please don't tell me "why did you buy it then" that excuse is getting old makes you look like an apologetic tit.

No that's not hope you feel that's straight up smoke being blown up your back side.

That's the rubbish I'm tired of. "thinking" of new content.
    Let's start by giving us every small map.

Screw that... We should of had skirmish at freaking launch like they said.

How about sfa offline I would love to learn how to fly and not get in the way of teammates.

GA should of been a no brainer.

Oh wait wasn't it a uproar in 2015 what we wanted?

Who are they listing to cause I'm still trying to find that one offline fan that said "this is perfect just the way it is"

The only online fan I hear that the game is perfect is payed YouTubers.

So many gaming company's can do this right. To tell you the truth I rather have activation or gears graphics and some offline modes that matter. Heck their loot crates are even better cause it's still not tied to progression.

So the " thinking of new ways" is b. S.
    No body is paying them to think. We payed them to do something they knew they was to do for the title of the game alone.... Instant action!

Their failer is now complete. I don't even think I care about the daily crates..... Nah I don't give two...... About it anymore.

This is what I like to see- people not falling for EA's **** marketing strategies anymore. Tone down the graphics (we're not paying for a d-a,mn movie), and give us a quality fuc;king game already....
  • Waswaf wrote: »
    I hope they add new content for Arcade soon as the last Jedi season is out.

My guess is season 2 will expand Arcade for the offline portion since season 1 did campaign.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Whatever content they do add to arcade they need to allow you XP to rank up and work towards weapon unlocks. Without that Arcade mode will ALWAYS be "online practice mode". I don't want a practice mode, I'd rather play entirely offline. If you can't work towards the achievements, unlocking weapons and attachments and increasing your rank (so you can build up your star card deck) arcade will always feel like a weak shadow of MP.

If they are worried about people power leveling offline to go online, my first response is "so what, how does that matter". As a players level and their deck do not represent their skill, that's what leaderboards are for. Regardless, if other regular online players are concerned about it, then I'd suggest simply allowing players to have an OFFLINE deck and an ONLINE deck. (COD MW2 comes to mind).

That would be a mode I would play for hours and hours. Right now, arcade has too little content and too few rewards. My sole reason for buying this game was because I read it was going to have a lot of offline content so "players can experience the game their way without being forced into areas they don't want to go" - so far that isn't the case. I'm hoping that changes, as I'm already close to being done with this game. My current pattern is to login, get my free crate, maybe play a round or two, switch to a different game for the rest of the night.
  • M4STOD0N wrote: »
    Whatever content they do add to arcade they need to allow you XP to rank up and work towards weapon unlocks. Without that Arcade mode will ALWAYS be "online practice mode". I don't want a practice mode, I'd rather play entirely offline. If you can't work towards the achievements, unlocking weapons and attachments and increasing your rank (so you can build up your star card deck) arcade will always feel like a weak shadow of MP.

If they are worried about people power leveling offline to go online, my first response is "so what, how does that matter". As a players level and their deck do not represent their skill, that's what leaderboards are for. Regardless, if other regular online players are concerned about it, then I'd suggest simply allowing players to have an OFFLINE deck and an ONLINE deck. (COD MW2 comes to mind).

That would be a mode I would play for hours and hours. Right now, arcade has too little content and too few rewards. My sole reason for buying this game was because I read it was going to have a lot of offline content so "players can experience the game their way without being forced into areas they don't want to go" - so far that isn't the case. I'm hoping that changes, as I'm already close to being done with this game. My current pattern is to login, get my free crate, maybe play a round or two, switch to a different game for the rest of the night.
    +1 Same here mate I share your pain.

• Darvidius wrote: »
    M4STOD0N wrote: »
    Whatever content they do add to arcade they need to allow you XP to rank up and work towards weapon unlocks. Without that Arcade mode will ALWAYS be "online practice mode". I don't want a practice mode, I'd rather play entirely offline. If you can't work towards the achievements, unlocking weapons and attachments and increasing your rank (so you can build up your star card deck) arcade will always feel like a weak shadow of MP.

+1 Same here mate I share your pain.

Plus 2
  • Phasma and Finn are very.....meh imo. So the new stuff was somewhat of a let down for me. It will be a joyfull day when (or if) the rest of the blast maps get added to arcade.
    SFA being added would be like re passing my driving test. GA being added would be like getting the keys to a brand new Ferrari with 10 years free petrol and insurance.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Phasma and Finn are very.....meh imo. So the new stuff was somewhat of a let down for me. It will be a joyfull day when (or if) the rest of the blast maps get added to arcade.
    SFA being added would be like re passing my driving test. GA being added would be like getting the keys to a brand new Ferrari with 10 years free petrol and insurance.
    That post reminded me of what I said to a friend once, he asked me what Star Wars Battlefront was like, I replied , imagine a beautiful Ferrari outside your house, but you open the Bonnet and discover **** all there.

• Supereriko
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Battlefront 2 Dev, We (Those who played BF2) are the one left playing the game after your P2P and Lootcrate controversy, and support the game. A full offline skrimish mode with galactic assault and fighter squadron will NOT bother/ruin your Multiplayer part of the game. IN the same context, It will help boost the sale of the game if it had a full offline skrimish mode which most people wanted since Battlefront 2015. Arcade Mode is child play will small map with small number of AI and it going stail after 1-2 match.
  • M4STOD0N wrote: »

All unlocks should be added to Arcade. This includes Xbox/Steam Achievements and PS4 Trophies.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Please gimme that sweet sweet skirmish. GA and SA all maps. Thanks
  • Also hero blast if the AI can be made. I love arcade please let it grow!
  • The one thing I never understand is why is EA so reluctant to add in more offline contents for the arcade mode? It's like they're pretending they never saw our posts and requests.
  • Crylo_R3n wrote: »
    The one thing I never understand is why is EA so reluctant to add in more offline contents for the arcade mode? It's like they're pretending they never saw our posts and requests.

They have not. And will not see our post. They can not hear us nor will they speak to us. They are the three monkeys. And in their eyes we are evil because we will not accept online only.
    Crylo_R3n wrote: »
    The one thing I never understand is why is EA so reluctant to add in more offline contents for the arcade mode? It's like they're pretending they never saw our posts and requests.

They have not. And will not see our post. They can not hear us nor will they speak to us. They are the three monkeys. And in their eyes we are evil because we will not accept online only.

They are stupids if they believe they can force people don’t like online to play online. I simply didn’t buy & won’t buy the game . The other day i asked to my cousin a big Madden NFL fan what he would think if suddenly it become only online & he said that would be **** I wouldn’t buy it
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Also hero blast if the AI can be made. I love arcade please let it grow!

Hero Ai seems like a very popular request for Arcade. Hopefully, we will have it soon.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member

I don't think that EA is asking anyone to accept online only, as they clearly gave you a single player campaign, and a Arcade mode. Considering that this is now a ONLINE focused franchise, I think that's pretty good.

I hate to break this to you people, but you don't get to have everything in life that you want.... " just because you want it " That's not how life works, and if you grew up in one of those houses were your mother told you that you were special, several times a day, and that you COULD have anything you want in life, just because you wanted it.... She lied.
  • Beaver wrote: »

I don't think that EA is asking anyone to accept online only, as they clearly gave you a single player campaign, and a Arcade mode. Considering that this is now a ONLINE focused franchise, I think that's pretty good.

I hate to break this to you people, but you don't get to have everything in life that you want.... " just because you want it " That's not how life works, and if you grew up in one of those houses were your mother told you that you were special, several times a day, and that you COULD have anything you want in life, just because you wanted it.... She lied.

LOL Snowflakes
  • gramkrackers
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I find the image below interesting. I found it in another thread here. People have mentioned that if EA came out and said they would include certain content in Arcade it would legally bind them to produce it, and if they didn't it would cause them issues. I am not so sure about that but I have an extremely limited knowledge of the gaming industry and what lies in the contracts they have. At the end of the day it is just business like anything else. This image suggests they plan to add much of the online content to offline, except hero's. We shall see.

oOhKVb.jpg

Personally, I bought an Xbox One just to buy this game. The original BF2 from 2005 is one of my favorite Xbox games, along with Republic Commando, and I likely played it more than any other game I have owned. I had always said that a new Battlefront with updated graphics would be amazing.

While I am disappointed with the offline content available so far in the new BF2, I am being patient in hopes of more being added. For me its been enjoyable to anticipate it, seeing the leaked footage of whats to come and having something to look forward to. Do I understand the uproar so far regarding how EA has handled stuff? Sure. But I think people need to chill out. It's a game. No one forced you to buy it right away without knowing. Did EA imply that the offline content would satisfy us? Yeah they did, but that is called marketing, and clearly it worked on us.

If you take a step back though, and think logically, there is no reason to give up yet. It makes sense they released the game with full multiplayer functionality, and planned to release single player content as DLC later on. I would imagine its easier to do this way. It is a multiplayer world now. I can see that and I have not bought a video game in 5 years or more. I would imagine there is contracts with companies to run the infrastructure required for the servers that support online. Again, it's business. Imagine they released a game with full single player content and told the multiplayer gamers to wait it out? That just doesn't make sense to me, and I could care less about the multiplayer sides of the game. I could go on, but I won't.

If EA officially announces it will no longer be producing content as DLC for the game, and we still don't have an acceptable amount of single player content, then I will be a upset that this game didn't produce like it could have, and EA really is pretty crappy for saying the single player would be adequate when it is not. Until then just be patient.
  • SFA was leaked for Arcade, so I'm confident that it will come sometime
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Beaver wrote: »

So, I asume that you were fine with loot crates & pay system, because you know its loot crates focused game.

And why the fear people get more offline cintent?
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    SFA was leaked for Arcade, so I'm confident that it will come sometime

Best not get your hopes to high. Leaks are nothing till they are confirmed or actually downloaded.
    The ONLY thing i expect to happen for offline is the other small maps being added at some point. If i get anything else, it will be a bonus.

Aris1368 wrote: »

Best not get your hopes to high. Leaks are nothing till they are confirmed or actually downloaded.
    The ONLY thing i expect to happen for offline is the other small maps being added at some point. If i get anything else, it will be a bonus.

Except the "leak" he's talking about is actually a fully-playable mod, not just something found in the game files:

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Sorry im not a tech geek. Isnt a mod something made by anyone except the developers? If the developers made this, wouldnt it be hidden in the code? Sorry if that was the point you were making. I genuinly dont understand anything about programming code and stuff.
    Sorry im not a tech geek. Isnt a mod something made by anyone except the developers? If the developers made this, wouldnt it be hidden in the code? Sorry if that was the point you were making. I genuinly dont understand anything about programming code and stuff.

The point is that the mode is fully-playable in Arcade; the only problem is that the AI is dumbed down for Starfighter Assault (compared to what you see in Campaign), and there are no customization options. Which means it wouldn't be that difficult for Criterion to add to the game.

• I see. Well like i said, its best not to assume anything is coming until it actually arives. No mater how "easy" the general non gaming developer public think it is.
    I see. Well like i said, its best not to assume anything is coming until it actually arives. No mater how "easy" the general non gaming developer public think it is.

Quit being so pessimistic. If one modder can do this, a team of experienced game developers can do it.

I see. Well like i said, its best not to assume anything is coming until it actually arives. No mater how "easy" the general non gaming developer public think it is.

Quit being so pessimistic. If one modder can do this, a team of experienced game developers can do it.

Not so. If said dev hands are tied then they can't. Or if they are unskilled in AI and the modded has been doing this since Cod mw2. Or they just don't care about the solo player.
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Not so. If said dev hands are tied then they can't. Or if they are unskilled in AI and the modded has been doing this since Cod mw2. Or they just don't care about the solo player.

Uh... Criterion is responsible for developing the AI in Star Wars: Battlefront II, and thus far they've shown that they know how to program AI.

Uh... Criterion is responsible for developing the AI in Star Wars: Battlefront II, and thus far they've shown that they know how to program AI.

Then where is it?

Best not get your hopes to high. Leaks are nothing till they are confirme

They don't care and their hands are tied.
    I understand that battlefront is multiplayer game (i like multiplayer) but then why they said that they care about singleplayer community. It was just marketing bait (lies).
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    :wink::neutral::wink::wink: This community.

• ELIMELECH0401
    1463 posts Member
    edited December 2017

Except the "leak" he's talking about is actually a fully-playable mod, not just something found in the game files:

That looks like a work in progress the devs are testing. At 3:25 the Dice debug menu is opened. Nice find!! Hopefully hero AI is next.
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
  • I find the image below interesting. I found it in another thread here. People have mentioned that if EA came out and said they would include certain content in Arcade it would legally bind them to produce it, and if they didn't it would cause them issues. I am not so sure about that but I have an extremely limited knowledge of the gaming industry and what lies in the contracts they have. At the end of the day it is just business like anything else. This image suggests they plan to add much of the online content to offline, except hero's. We shall see.

oOhKVb.jpg

Personally, I bought an Xbox One just to buy this game. The original BF2 from 2005 is one of my favorite Xbox games, along with Republic Commando, and I likely played it more than any other game I have owned. I had always said that a new Battlefront with updated graphics would be amazing.

While I am disappointed with the offline content available so far in the new BF2, I am being patient in hopes of more being added. For me its been enjoyable to anticipate it, seeing the leaked footage of whats to come and having something to look forward to. Do I understand the uproar so far regarding how EA has handled stuff? Sure. But I think people need to chill out. It's a game. No one forced you to buy it right away without knowing. Did EA imply that the offline content would satisfy us? Yeah they did, but that is called marketing, and clearly it worked on us.

If you take a step back though, and think logically, there is no reason to give up yet. It makes sense they released the game with full multiplayer functionality, and planned to release single player content as DLC later on. I would imagine its easier to do this way. It is a multiplayer world now. I can see that and I have not bought a video game in 5 years or more. I would imagine there is contracts with companies to run the infrastructure required for the servers that support online. Again, it's business. Imagine they released a game with full single player content and told the multiplayer gamers to wait it out? That just doesn't make sense to me, and I could care less about the multiplayer sides of the game. I could go on, but I won't.

If EA officially announces it will no longer be producing content as DLC for the game, and we still don't have an acceptable amount of single player content, then I will be a upset that this game didn't produce like it could have, and EA really is pretty **** for saying the single player would be adequate when it is not. Until then just be patient.

By that image we got plenty more coming, nice post.

I feel you are either very young, or you dont understand business.
    Just because the general public can do something, it does NOT mean a gaming developer will do it cos they can. Multiplayer sells live/psn memberships. Multiplayer is where the money is in gaming these days. Multiplayer keeps servers full, single player doesnt. If servers are full, it is viewed as a successful product, and gets funded for future titles.
    Single player has no revenue for them. The only way it could have, is if they introduce customisation options in crates which can be used in offline. Until that happens, offline is very low on their priority list. Programing bots for GA would be a mammoth job wether you choose to believe that or not.
    That is not me being pessimistic. Its simply the reality of the situation.

Not mch help though if DICE are the only team left on the game is it?
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I think that main problem with arcade is that every mode has the same maps. In multiplayer every mode has its own maps but in arcade team battle, onslaught and duel all the same and only six...
    And of course lack of online co op

I feel you are either very young, or you dont understand business.
    Just because the general public can do something, it does NOT mean a gaming developer will do it cos they can. Multiplayer sells live/psn memberships. Multiplayer is where the money is in gaming these days. Multiplayer keeps servers full, single player doesnt. If servers are full, it is viewed as a successful product, and gets funded for future titles.
    Single player has no revenue for them. The only way it could have, is if they introduce customisation options in crates which can be used in offline. Until that happens, offline is very low on their priority list. Programing bots for GA would be a mammoth job wether you choose to believe that or not.
    That is not me being pessimistic. Its simply the reality of the situation.

They can charge us for more offline content. They are making no more money on MP as it is.

I doubt that. Criterion is also responsible for Starfighter Assault. They'll most likely be sticking around to work on that as well as Arcade.

• Help us, Criterion. You are our only hope. #soloplayersmatter

I doubt that. Criterion is also responsible for Starfighter Assault. They'll most likely be sticking around to work on that as well as Arcade.

I'm about ready to end this back and fourth with you now. But what YOU class as most likely, doesn't mean its happening, or even true. Expect nothing, and you can only be suprised. Expect everything, and you can only be dissapointed. Simple really.

I'm about ready to end this back and fourth with you now. But what YOU class as most likely, doesn't mean its happening, or even true. Expect nothing, and you can only be suprised. Expect everything, and you can only be dissapointed. Simple really.

Look, Criterion is the in charge of all things related to vehicles, starfighters, and Arcade. EA is going to keep them on hand to work on those things for their free DLC, unless they decide to cut their losses and outright cancel the DLC.

As far as Arcade goes, it's not like they have nothing to offer in terms of new content; there's 5 Arcade maps that are almost finished and could easily be added in the near future, while Starfighter Assault is already fully playable offline with mods, and only needs a few refinements for a full release. Jeez, quit being such a downer.

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Jeez, quit being such a downer.

He's demonstrating more sensibility than 90% of the people in this thread. You can learn a thing or two from him.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

He's demonstrating more sensibility than 90% of the people in this thread. You can learn a thing or two from him.

You speak the truth. I won't expect anything. So I can be happy if I get anything.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1684 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Blazur wrote: »

Except Criterion has already confirmed they are still working on the game, and they've adjusted their plans for future DLC based on fan feedback.

yjx5zmkwq5501.jpg

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Except Criterion has already confirmed they are still working on the game, and they've adjusted their plans for future DLC based on fan feedback.

Except assuming is what got most of you in this downward spiral of constant letdown throughout the years.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

Except assuming is what got most of you in this downward spiral of constant letdown throughout the years.

Except my assumptions are based on fairly straightforward logic; they say they're working on more offline content, and they have 5 unfinished Arcade maps, plus one multiplayer mode that already has AI bots and is fully playable offline with mods... and that same mode is also currently the most heavily requested feature for Arcade.