criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Hero Request Form for the Community

Replies

• Jango Jango Jango Jango Jango Fett. I need my man Jango Fett in the game. And Grievous and Kenobi are a must.

Add anyone besides Ahsoka and Ezra Bridger and I will be fine.

• Arbitrator wrote: »
    I’d love to see all of the Jedi, heroes and villains in the game but honestly the top 2 are definitely:

General Kenobi... the Clone Wars Kenobi not Old Ben. Old Ben was wise, but for a game I’d like to play him in his prime. He should be the “tank” of this game and be the hardest individual hero to take down.

And

Anakin Skywalker... Episode III version pre-Vader.

As for ships,

I’d love to see Obi-Wans Blue ETA-2 Actis class starfighter or some version of a Blue Actis Starfighter...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-Wan_Kenobi's_blue_Eta-2_Actis-class_interceptor

So far, Vader is the real tank of the Villains, due to his health, his stamina -both base and with his Rage Ability activated, the damage reduction on Rage if you have it, and he can deal massive damage.

I'd like for Obi Wan to have an ability that gives him infinite stamina for a time period, but it also extends the area of which he can block to, let's say, 270% around him (with his back being exposed). As far as I can gather, most saber heroes can only block blaster bolds in a 90% area in front of them.

Generic Force Push is fine for me.

Maybe a mind trick?
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    I love all the responses so far. We need more ideas for skill sets though. We want to make sure the devs see what we’re into, who our favs are, and why. The why is important. They have cannon powered/abilities to work with. Let’s let em know which ones are important for our favorite characters.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Arbitrator wrote: »
    I’d love to see all of the Jedi, heroes and villains in the game but honestly the top 2 are definitely:

General Kenobi... the Clone Wars Kenobi not Old Ben. Old Ben was wise, but for a game I’d like to play him in his prime. He should be the “tank” of this game and be the hardest individual hero to take down.

And

As for ships,

I’d love to see Obi-Wans Blue ETA-2 Actis class starfighter or some version of a Blue Actis Starfighter...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-Wan_Kenobi's_blue_Eta-2_Actis-class_interceptor

So far, Vader is the real tank of the Villains, due to his health, his stamina -both base and with his Rage Ability activated, the damage reduction on Rage if you have it, and he can deal massive damage.

I'd like for Obi Wan to have an ability that gives him infinite stamina for a time period, but it also extends the area of which he can block to, let's say, 270% around him (with his back being exposed). As far as I can gather, most saber heroes can only block blaster bolds in a 90% area in front of them.

Maybe a mind trick?

Good input dude! His own version of mind trick would be phenomenal.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I love all the responses so far. We need more ideas for skill sets though. We want to make sure the devs see what we’re into, who our favs are, and why. The why is important. They have cannon powered/abilities to work with. Let’s let em know which ones are important for our favorite characters.

Yeah if only they read what people talked about. Especially now that they’re all out on vacation over the holidays, they’re reading even less than they usually do, if it’s even possible
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    ExoSchmo wrote: »
    I love all the responses so far. We need more ideas for skill sets though. We want to make sure the devs see what we’re into, who our favs are, and why. The why is important. They have cannon powered/abilities to work with. Let’s let em know which ones are important for our favorite characters.

Yeah if only they read what people talked about. Especially now that they’re all out on vacation over the holidays, they’re reading even less than they usually do, if it’s even possible

They will read this thread. Guaranteed. So no worries.

They need family time too. Speaking of which, I gotta jet! Happy New Years everyone!

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

Thanks. I don't think he should have the same amount of health as Vader, and should be a bit more mobile. Like, 750hp and is like Rey/Kylo for mobility.

Maybe his own version of Mind Trick makes him invisible to those effected, makes their radar go blank, or something similar to Rey's version, but with a real twist that separates the two.

Over all, I see Obi Wan being the Heavy/Officer Hybrid, where as Vader is a Heavy/Assault Hybrid, if you get my jist. Like, Obi Wan is amazing at pushing the line, having stellar defense and average mobility, as well as having some ways to help his teammates (maybe he has a morality buff to his allies instead of mind trick, or just Star Cards that help with this). His downsides would be just a lack of real offensive abilities. He'd be like Montagne in R6S, he can push the line for his team, but lacks the power they have.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

Thanks. I don't think he should have the same amount of health as Vader, and should be a bit more mobile. Like, 750hp and is like Rey/Kylo for mobility.

Maybe his own version of Mind Trick makes him invisible to those effected, makes their radar go blank, or something similar to Rey's version, but with a real twist that separates the two.

Over all, I see Obi Wan being the Heavy/Officer Hybrid, where as Vader is a Heavy/Assault Hybrid, if you get my jist. Like, Obi Wan is amazing at pushing the line, having stellar defense and average mobility, as well as having some ways to help his teammates (maybe he has a morality buff to his allies instead of mind trick, or just Star Cards that help with this). His downsides would be just a lack of real offensive abilities. He'd be like Montagne in R6S, he can push the line for his team, but lacks the power they have.
    Yoda is already a Heavy/Officer Hybrid. My Yoda is fully epic and essentially has 960 hp with an 8% damage reduction since I've made him as tanky as possible. He is also amazing at pushing the line and blocking for his team, as they can shoot over him.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

Yoda is already a Heavy/Officer Hybrid. My Yoda is fully epic and essentially has 960 hp with an 8% damage reduction since I've made him as tanky as possible. He is also amazing at pushing the line and blocking for his team, as they can shoot over him.

Well, I was thinking that, as a- sorry, THE- master of Soresu, Obi Wan would have a more defensive build than any other hero in the game. Maybe Obi wan can be just a true tank; doesn't support as much as Yoda (or supports in a different way), but can push the line even more.

• CPT_Rex wrote: »
    General Grievous
    Skins -
    Default: General-Grievous_c9df9cb5.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1200%2C675&width=768
    Caped: latest?cb=20170110141554
    You forgot Grievous's '2003 White' skin.
    erhrssz.jpg
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

Well, I was thinking that, as a- sorry, THE- master of Soresu, Obi Wan would have a more defensive build than any other hero in the game. Maybe Obi wan can be just a true tank; doesn't support as much as Yoda (or supports in a different way), but can push the line even more.
    Soresu is supposed to be great against blasters if I'm not mistaken, so I think he should have a perfect blaster deflection, but limited offensive abilities and mobility. I think he should have around 800-1000 hp and his Mind Trick should work 360 degrees. I don't know what other abilities he would have, but something that forces enemies to target him would be cool since he could combo it with perfect deflections and it would help keep his team safe.

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

Soresu is supposed to be great against blasters if I'm not mistaken, so I think he should have a perfect blaster deflection, but limited offensive abilities and mobility. I think he should have around 800-1000 hp and his Mind Trick should work 360 degrees. I don't know what other abilities he would have, but something that forces enemies to target him would be cool since he could combo it with perfect deflections and it would help keep his team safe.

Maybe THAT'S what his mind trick can do; using it would somehow force or make people prioritize attacking him, and his defense could allow him to take all the fire. He could also insult the enemy when he performs it. Perfect synergy. I'd still like him to have a Force Push, but maybe it is almost purely CC rather than damaging.

But I don't know about having health on par with Vader. I still think it should be like 750, and you can make it 800 maybe max.

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

Maybe THAT'S what his mind trick can do; using it would somehow force or make people prioritize attacking him, and his defense could allow him to take all the fire. He could also insult the enemy when he performs it. Perfect synergy. I'd still like him to have a Force Push, but maybe it is almost purely CC rather than damaging.

But I don't know about having health on par with Vader. I still think it should be like 750, and you can make it 800 maybe max.

I like it! :) I was thinking more hp would be nice in case he forces something like 5 supercharged sentries to all target him lol. With a force push and mind trick, maybe his 3rd ability could make him immune to damage for 3-5 second or give himself and his allies a temporary damage reduction? I think he will need something to boost survivability if his primary role is going to be deflecting blaster fire accurately back at the enemy.

giphy.gif

• IG88VSBossk
    937 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Jango Fett does more than Boba in the canon movies and is far more bad ***** thus why Jango should have replaced Boba for a bit in this one at launch. The main issue with Jango is how he is going to be implemented as I'm sure they don't want Jango killing his clones but who knows (seems to be a barrier there).

Now that I've been thinking about it for awhile (Especially Jango's jetpack) with his skillset, it would go as followed:

Jango Fett

Primary Weapon: WESTAR-34 Dual Blaster Pistols

left ability: Whip cord attack (Able to target an enemy and drag him/her across the map using the jetpack dealing bonus damage). Slam target into a rock or ravine and he/she is history.
    middle ability: Instead of ripping off Boba's jetpack move, have Jango complete a jetpack rising aerial attack upwards (basically straight up into the air, shooting a rocket from his back and coming back down) setting his targets up for the large rocket on his back. You have limited time to fire on your target until you come back down to the ground.
    right ability: Poison saber darts, much like the stinger pistol but much deadlier
    Post edited by IG88VSBossk on
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Arbitrator wrote: »

And

As for ships,

Maybe a mind trick?

I like it! :) I was thinking more hp would be nice in case he forces something like 5 supercharged sentries to all target him lol. With a force push and mind trick, maybe his 3rd ability could make him immune to damage for 3-5 second or give himself and his allies a temporary damage reduction? I think he will need something to boost survivability if his primary role is going to be deflecting blaster fire accurately back at the enemy.

Not a bad idea at all. :smiley:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I just want Anakin, young obi wan and padme, I’ll be happy.
  • I'll have to post Jango's skills again sometime, my post just disappeared.
  • Please add BB-8 as a hero.

If BB-8 is good enough to regularly save characters like Finn, Rey, and Poe in the movies, then BB-8 should be good enough to be a hero on par with these characters in the game.

If you absolutely must, a different BB unit could be added as an enforcer/reinforcement for both sides, but if it's BB-8 it should be an actual hero, not an enforcer/reinforcement.
  • Also, why tf does no one ever mention BB-8 as a potential hero? He's one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters, and even R2-D2 (who I also love, btw) got some love in this thread already, but no BB-8?

Sorry, not trying to call anyone out or anything, but this one seems like a no-brainer that the devs could easily do.

Abilities:
    Spin-attack: BB-8 spins and blasts all enemies in all directions (enemies at different elevations, beyond a certain elevation change, would be more or less immune; picture the attack range as a very wide, somewhat short cylinder)
    Shock: BB-8 shocks 1 or more enemies in a cone in front of him
    Speed Boost: BB-8 gains a temporary burst of speed that allows him to race in and out of danger

BB-8's downside (his "Achilles Heel", if you will) would be that his health isn't as high as other heroes, so the trick would be to catch him before he can run away.

Boom. Just invented a totally epic hero.
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Also, why tf does no one ever mention BB-8 as a potential hero? He's one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters, and even R2-D2 (who I also love, btw) got some love in this thread already, but no BB-8?

Sorry, not trying to call anyone out or anything, but this one seems like a no-brainer that the devs could easily do.

Abilities:
    Spin-attack: BB-8 spins and blasts all enemies in all directions (enemies at different elevations, beyond a certain elevation change, would be more or less immune; picture the attack range as a very wide, somewhat short cylinder)
    Speed Boost: BB-8 gains a temporary burst of speed that allows him to race in and out of danger

BB-8's downside (his "Achilles Heel", if you will) would be that his health isn't as high as other heroes, so the trick would be to catch him before he can run away.

Well when you think of a large battle (say the Battle of Geonosis), you don't think of having BB-8 on the frontlines...
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Darth Plagueis the wise:
    3512885-attack_on_plagueis.jpg
    Light from Darkness
    Channeled healing ability, can resurrect fallen allies after 6.66 second cast
    Masters Shroud
    Plagueis becomes enveloped by the Darkside, rendering himself partially invisible , reappearIng behind an enemy within 20 yards

Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Do you guys really believe they'll add characters from the clone wars or any animated series? I just don't see it. Imagine a realistic Ahsoka..erm. I can't see them adding any of those characters that have never appeared in the movie. Others from the old era? not even a slight chance. Although if they do actually give us what we want, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Not trying to be negative but don't get your hopes up too much or you'll be very disappointed when we get Maz Kanata, Krennic, Jyn, General Hux, Admiral Holdo, Rose, IG-88, Dengar, Greedo, Nien Numb, General Ackbar or something. Remember what we get from paid DLCs back in Battlefront I, and these are free DLCs we're talking.
  • EmperorKelos
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    All 54 Heroes I could ever ask for, which if added to the current Heroes, would total in at a whopping 68 Heroes
    Obi-Wan / Grievous

Anikan / Dooku

Padme / Jango

Ahsoka / Ventress

Dash Rendar / IG-88

Mace / (Pre Vizsla? Mother Talzin? Savage Opress? Pong Krell?)

Qui-Gon Jinn / (Pre Vizsla? Mother Talzin? Savage Opress? Pong Krell?)

Barriss Offee / (Luminara Unduli? Aayla Secura? Shaak Ti?)

Wedge Antilles / Veers

Mister Bones / Rae Sloane

Nien Nunb / Greedo

Lobot / 4-LOM

Cassian Andor / Zuckuss

Hondo Ohnaka / Embo

Rex / Cad Bane

Cody / Durge

Fives / Aurra Sing

Echo / Zam Wesell

Jyn / Krennic

Poe / Hux

Rose / DJ

Sidon Ithano / Tasu Leech

Snap Wexley / Bala-Tik

Kanan Janus / The Grand Inquisitor

Ezra Bridger / Agent Kallus

Hera Syndulla / Thrawn

Sabine Wren / Gar Saxon
    Post edited by EmperorKelos on
    giphy.gif
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Chokoon wrote: »
    Do you guys really believe they'll add characters from the clone wars or any animated series? I just don't see it. Imagine a realistic Ahsoka..erm. I can't see them adding any of those characters that have never appeared in the movie. Others from the old era? not even a slight chance. Although if they do actually give us what we want, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Not trying to be negative but don't get your hopes up too much or you'll be very disappointed when we get Maz Kanata, Krennic, Jyn, General Hux, Admiral Holdo, Rose, IG-88, Dengar, Greedo, Nien Numb, General Ackbar or something. Remember what we get from paid DLCs back in Battlefront I, and these are free DLCs we're talking.

Clone wars (prequel), original trilogy,and sequel characters were already confirmed party pooper.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Anakin-Skywalker-clone-wars-anakin-skywalker-25166890-1024-768.jpg
    2018 is the year of Clone Wars. Disney and DICE please

You just read right into the deepest desirees of my soul
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • A personal list? Here's mine, and for the record, I'm excluding Obi wan/grievous and anakin/dooku as they are all but confirmed.

Ahsoka
    Rex
    Cad bane
    Embo
    Fives
    Kanan
    K2 so
    Hondo
    Thrawn
    Hera
    Windu
    Visla (darksaber!!!)

I know this is uneven for heroes but I kinda just started listing my favorite characters and best gameplay choices.

And for planets ( because you didn't ask)

Umbara
    Dathomir
    Ryloth
    Christophsis
    Geonosis
    Mustafar
    Zygerria
    Felucia
    Coruscant
    Moraband/korriban

Ok this is too long
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • DukeD wrote: »
    Realistic:

Obi-Wan
    Anakin
    Count Dooku
    General Grievous
    Mace Windu
    Ahsoka Tano
    Greedo
    Poe Dameron
    Director Krennic
    Jyn Erso

Dream/not gonna happen(for various reasons):

Qui-Gon Jinn
    Kyle Katarn
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Thrawn
    R2-D2
    Dr Aphra
    K-2S0
    Chirrut
    Jar Jar Binks
    Zayne Carrick
    Marka Ragnos
    Marn Hierogryph :smiley:
    Haazen
    HK-47

Personally I see qui gon, k2, and Thrawn more likely than greedo, unless they reuse first game stuff for in between seasons or a filler one
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Chewie_and_the_Porgs?file=Chewie_and_the_Porgs_-_Chewbacca_with_Porgs.jpg

Chewbacca rolling around with a Porg army please

That's actually a good idea for more chewie skins. A porg on his shoulder, flies around him when he rolls and otherwise just sits there
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • That's actually a good idea for more chewie skins. A porg on his shoulder, flies around him when he rolls and otherwise just sits there
    That and a C-3PO-on-back skin of course. ;)
    giphy.gif
  • That's actually a good idea for more chewie skins. A porg on his shoulder, flies around him when he rolls and otherwise just sits there
    That and a C-3PO-on-back skin of course. ;)

Yes :) . But that's only one which is very low, unless you count fur patterns? I think it was a little different in ROTS
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Meatbags
    454 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    A personal list? Here's mine, and for the record, I'm excluding Obi wan/grievous and anakin/dooku as they are all but confirmed.

Ahsoka
    Rex
    Cad bane
    Embo
    Fives
    Kanan
    K2 so
    Hondo
    Thrawn
    Hera
    Windu
    Visla (darksaber!!!)

I know this is uneven for heroes but I kinda just started listing my favorite characters and best gameplay choices.

And for planets ( because you didn't ask)

Umbara
    Dathomir
    Ryloth
    Christophsis
    Geonosis
    Mustafar
    Zygerria
    Felucia
    Coruscant
    Moraband/korriban

Ok this is too long
    Ooooh, I love Embo. :)
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Count Dooku
    Anakin (rots)
    Obi-Wan (rots)
    Qui-Gon
    Jango Fett
    Captain Rex
    Barriss Offee
    Ventress
    Chriut Imwe
    Baze Malbus
    Dengar
    IG-88
    Zam Wesell
  • Count Dooku
    Anakin (rots)
    Obi-Wan (rots)
    Qui-Gon
    Jango Fett
    Captain Rex
    Barriss Offee
    Ventress
    Chriut Imwe
    Baze Malbus
    Dengar
    IG-88
    Zam Wesell
    I can feel @Ahsoka_Tano getting triggered already. ;)

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Meatbags wrote: »
    Count Dooku
    Anakin (rots)
    Obi-Wan (rots)
    Qui-Gon
    Jango Fett
    Captain Rex
    Barriss Offee
    Ventress
    Chriut Imwe
    Baze Malbus
    Dengar
    IG-88
    Zam Wesell

:(

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Count Dooku
    Anakin (rots)
    Obi-Wan (rots)
    Qui-Gon
    Jango Fett
    Captain Rex
    Barriss Offee
    Ventress
    Chriut Imwe
    Baze Malbus
    Dengar
    IG-88
    Zam Wesell

:(

Great ideas and input from everyone so far! Have a Happ New Year!!!

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Meatbags wrote: »
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Also, why tf does no one ever mention BB-8 as a potential hero? He's one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters, and even R2-D2 (who I also love, btw) got some love in this thread already, but no BB-8?

Abilities:

Well when you think of a large battle (say the Battle of Geonosis), you don't think of having BB-8 on the frontlines...

From watching the movies, it sure seems like BB-8 is on the front-lines; at least, not any less than any other hero or villain is. Granted, he almost always has another hero like Poe, Rey, or Finn with him, but he clearly has a mind of his own. I won't mention any of the things he does since it involves spoilers (despite the fact that the movie has been out a couple weeks already), but he is clearly capable of heading off on his own, such as on Jakku or in other situations.

I think it's just that people look at how small and non-threatening he looks that people assume he wouldn't make a very good hero. I also think that it's a bit difficult to get people to buy into the idea of playing as a droid (even I had my doubts about the droids before I actually played SWBF2). Still, the build I mentioned above would easily make him the equal of just about any other hero, assuming it was balanced correctly.

Just think of all the cool emotes and victory poses BB-8 could have! He could do the "thumbs-up" using his torch, or he could have a victory pose where he's... well, probably rolling around or something, but still...
  • Dash
    11638 posts Member

Abilities:

From watching the movies, it sure seems like BB-8 is on the front-lines; at least, not any less than any other hero or villain is. Granted, he almost always has another hero like Poe, Rey, or Finn with him, but he clearly has a mind of his own. I won't mention any of the things he does since it involves spoilers (despite the fact that the movie has been out a couple weeks already), but he is clearly capable of heading off on his own, such as on Jakku or in other situations.

I think it's just that people look at how small and non-threatening he looks that people assume he wouldn't make a very good hero. I also think that it's a bit difficult to get people to buy into the idea of playing as a droid (even I had my doubts about the droids before I actually played SWBF2). Still, the build I mentioned above would easily make him the equal of just about any other hero, assuming it was balanced correctly.

Just think of all the cool emotes and victory poses BB-8 could have! He could do the "thumbs-up" using his torch, or he could have a victory pose where he's... well, probably rolling around or something, but still...

I hadn’t even thought of that. That would be cool, fan service, and maybe in smaller modes with equivalents for each faction/era Droid wise?

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I just want some clone heroes. Gimme 5’s or Rex or Fordo or something, and I’ll be contempt. When they do include Kenobi I hope he has a skin option for his clone wars armor. So cool!
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    HAPPY NEW YEARS @Dash_Gaming AND ALL

Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    HAPPY NEW YEARS @Dash_Gaming AND ALL

<3

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• IG88VSBossk
    937 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Jango Fett's Abilities

Primary Weapon: Westar 34 Dual Blaster Pistols

left: Whip cord (Dragging them across the ground w/jetpack dealing bonus damage)
    middle: Jetpack upwards aerial attack & large rocket shot (Jango's jetpack does not move like Boba, just straight up into the air and fires rocket)
    right: Poison Sable Darts

Edit: Jango does more in the movies than Boba ever did. He should have been a launch hero for sure. :)
  • TheGeneral122513
    3864 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Alrighty then, let's get a Mace Windu moveset out there.
    Health: 800
    Weapon: Lightsaber
    Ability 1: Shatter Point
    Utilizing the Force, Mace locates the weaknesses in his opponents and exploits them.
    Of you have ever played Overwatch, this acts very much like Zennyatta's Discord. However, think of it as more of an AOE instead of single target. For those who don't know, basically, the enemies under the effect of Shatter Point take increased damage from all sources. By default, the damage increase would be maybe 30% for his attacks and 20% for anything else, the duration can last for 10 seconds, and has a pretty far range. Instead of it being an AOE, it could function like Lando's Sharp Shot, locking onto targets briefly and then they are effected, which allows this to have more range.
    Ability 2: Force Wave
    Mace Windu releases an intense wave of Force energy out in all directions, dealing heavy
    damage to enemies.
    Akin to Luke's Force Repulse in that it hits enemies in an AOE around him. However, this version is more focused on dealing damage than just knocking enemies away. Also, unlike Force Repulse, there is very little verticality to it, but instead a rather large horizontal hitbox. Also, regardless of where you are, it deals consistent damage. As far as how much damage it deals, I was thinking around 150 damage, and has about the same range as Palpatine's Dark Aura. However, this ability has a longer cooldown than others (maybe 30 seconds).
    CE9dlDF.gif
    However, it should have the shockwave in the animation. Something like this would be perfect:
    4625231-savage+uses+force+wave.gif
    Ability 3: Vaapad
    Being the master of the Seventh Form of Lightsaber Combat, Mace Windu is able to channel the aggressive power of both himself and his enemies to become ever stronger.
    So, you know how Zarya in Overwatch can block damage with her shields and then it increases the damage of her attacks? Think of this as the same thing. Actually, we already have an in-game example of this, with Master Yoda's Unleash ability; the more damage he absorbs, the more damage and the larger his Force Push is. With Mace, this would be built up via blocking shots primarily and a little bit with his attacks, but Star Cards could also allow you to modify how he gets it. If heroes could have passives in the game, then I'd swap this out for a rushing attack that, when performed mid-air, does the shockwave ground stab he had in the OG Battlefronts :smile: You know what, let's just make it so Vaapad is his Passive, and other heroes will get passives as well.

Revised concept:
    Utilizing the Force, Mace locates the weaknesses in his opponents and exploits them.
    Of you have ever played Overwatch, this acts very much like Zennyatta's Discord. However, think of it as more of an AOE instead of single target. For those who don't know, basically, the enemies under the effect of Shatter Point take increased damage from all sources. By default, the damage increase would be maybe 30% for his attacks and 20% for anything else, the duration can last for 10 seconds, and has a pretty far range. Instead of it being an AOE, it could function like Lando's Sharp Shot, locking onto targets briefly and then they are effected, which allows this to have more range.
    Mace Windu releases an intense wave of Force energy out in all directions, dealing heavy
    damage to enemies.
    Akin to Luke's Force Repulse in that it hits enemies in an AOE around him. However, this version is more focused on dealing damage than just knocking enemies away. Also, unlike Force Repulse, there is very little verticality to it, but instead a rather large horizontal hitbox. Also, regardless of where you are, it deals consistent damage. As far as how much damage it deals, I was thinking around 150 damage, and has about the same range as Palpatine's Dark Aura. However, this ability has a longer cooldown than others (maybe 30 seconds).
    CE9dlDF.gif
    However, it should have the shockwave in the animation. Something like this would be perfect:
    Ability 3: Ferocious Lunge
    Mace leaps forward, dealing damage to enemies in his path and, once reaching his target, delivers a heavy strike with his hands. However, if used while airborne, he dashes towards the ground, plunging his Saber into the ground and hitting enemies with a shockwave.
    This ability gives Mace some mobility to help close the gap. It covers about the same distance as Luke's Rush Attack, but deals quite a bit more damage, due to also not having a second charge. Have any of you ever seen the 2003 Clone Wars mini series, with the episode in which Mace takes on an army of Droids and, at one point, resorts to hand to hand combat? Of course many of you have, and this ability takes inspiration from that scene. The only difference is that Mace deals minor damage to enemies along the way with his saber, and then at the end he delivers a brutal strike - be it a palm heel, a spinning elbow, or a double punch (I don't know what it's called, but when you lean to one side and punch with both hands. If you ever saw DBZ, when they do the fusion dance, imagine the end result but with both hands punching out). This would deal maybe 200 damage, but also knocks the enemy back. If done in the air, then get ready for some nostalgia, as you slam the ground instead. The ground ripples from the force of plunging you blade into it, and deals decent damage to enemies while also knocking them back a bit.

Passive: Vaapad
    Being the master of the Seventh Form of Lightsaber Combat, Mace Windu is able to channel the aggressive power of both himself and his enemies to become ever stronger.
    Now, as a passive, this gives Mace room for his other ability, Ferocious Lunge. The way it works is this: there is a blue meter at the bottom of your HUD (for those who say pre-alpha gameplay and played the beta, it was there for both of them). You fill this meter by blocking incoming attacks, and attacking enemies also slightly increases it. The more the blue meter is filled, the stronger your attacks and abilities become. While you aren't weak when you start of, you truly become a force to be reckoned with when the meter is filled. However, it takes quite a while to build the meter all the way up, and it is exponentially harder to keep it at max, since it depleates over time. Think of it like this: it is easy at first to built u the meter, but it gets increasing more difficult to keep progressing, as not only does it require more damage to block/do, but also it depleates faster. But not only does it make abilities and attacks deal more damage, it also increases their effectiveness, such as larger radius for Force Wave, further distance traversed with Ferocious Lunge, more people can be targeted by Shatter Point, and less stamina drain (though this could be very minimal, like 10%). So, while it wouldn't be impossible to fill up his Vaapad passive, it would be very hard to do, rewarding skilled players with stronger abilities. As a final twist, though, using abilities drains a significant portion of your meter.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Some potential Star Cards could be these:
    Vaapad Mastery: your passive degenerates slower, and it takes less to build it up.
    Take a Seat: Knockback from Ferocious Lunge is increased and downs enemies for longer.
    This Party is Over: Force Wave has a larger radius and deals more damage.
    Idk, you can come up with some :)

So, there's something to start with. Plenty of room for more ideas.

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Alrighty then, let's get a Mace Windu moveset out there.
    damage to enemies.
    CE9dlDF.gif
    Ability 3: Vaapad
    So, you know how Zarya in Overwatch can block damage with her shields and then it increases the damage of her attacks? Think of this as the same thing. Actually, we already have an in-game example of this, with Master Yoda's Unleash ability; the more damage he absorbs, the more damage and the larger his Force Push is. With Mace, this would be built up via blocking shots primarily and a little bit with his attacks, but Star Cards could also allow you to modify how he gets it. If heroes could have passives in the game, then I'd swap this out for a rushing attack that, when performed mid-air, does the shockwave ground stab he had in the OG Battlefronts :smile: You know what, let's just make it so Vaapad is his Passive, and other heroes will get passives as well.

Revised concept:
    damage to enemies.
    CE9dlDF.gif
    Ability 3: Ferocious Lunge
    Mace leaps forward, dealing damage to enemies in his path and, once reaching his target, delivers a heavy strike with his hands. However, if used while airborne, he dashes towards the ground, plunging his Saber into the ground and hitting enemies with a shockwave.
    This ability gives Mace some mobility to help close the gap. It covers about the same distance as Luke's Rush Attack, but deals quite a bit more damage, due to also not having a second charge. Have any of you ever seen the 2003 Clone Wars mini series, with the episode in which Mace takes on an army of Droids and, at one point, resorts to hand to hand combat? Of course many of you have, and this ability takes inspiration from that scene. The only difference is that Mace deals minor damage to enemies along the way with his saber, and then at the end he delivers a brutal strike - be it a palm heel, a spinning elbow, or a double punch (I don't know what it's called, but when you lean to one side and punch with both hands. If you ever saw DBZ, when they do the fusion dance, imagine the end result but with both hands punching out). This would deal maybe 200 damage, but also knocks the enemy back. If done in the air, then get ready for some nostalgia, as you slam the ground instead. The ground ripples from the force of plunging you blade into it, and deals decent damage to enemies while also knocking them back a bit.

Passive: Vaapad
    Now, as a passive, this gives Mace room for his other ability, Ferocious Lunge. The way it works is this: there is a blue meter at the bottom of your HUD (for those who say pre-alpha gameplay and played the beta, it was there for both of them). You fill this meter by blocking incoming attacks, and attacking enemies also slightly increases it. The more the blue meter is filled, the stronger your attacks and abilities become. While you aren't weak when you start of, you truly become a force to be reckoned with when the meter is filled. However, it takes quite a while to build the meter all the way up, and it is exponentially harder to keep it at max, since it depleates over time. Think of it like this: it is easy at first to built u the meter, but it gets increasing more difficult to keep progressing, as not only does it require more damage to block/do, but also it depleates faster. But not only does it make abilities and attacks deal more damage, it also increases their effectiveness, such as larger radius for Force Wave, further distance traversed with Ferocious Lunge, more people can be targeted by Shatter Point, and less stamina drain (though this could be very minimal, like 10%). So, while it wouldn't be impossible to fill up his Vaapad passive, it would be very hard to do, rewarding skilled players with stronger abilities. As a final twist, though, using abilities drains a significant portion of your meter.
    [/spoiler]

Some potential Star Cards could be these:
    Vaapad Mastery: your passive degenerates slower, and it takes less to build it up.
    Take a Seat: Knockback from Ferocious Lunge is increased and downs enemies for longer.
    This Party is Over: Force Wave has a larger radius and deals more damage.
    Idk, you can come up with some :)

So, there's something to start with. Plenty of room for more ideas.

Nice dude!!! Very well put.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Well, my stuff isn't working as intended. His passive should be in the revised version. Sorry 'bout that.

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    Well, my stuff isn't working as intended. His passive should be in the revised version. Sorry 'bout that.

No worries dude, I knew what you were expressing which is what’s important. The forums are acting weird since early last night m.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• TW1103
    582 posts Member
    No balance or anything, just a bunxh of characters I like, and would love to play as...

Qui Gon Jinn
    Obi Wan Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker
    Count Dooku
    General Greivous
    Jango Fett
    Poe Dameron

I'd also like to see Greedo and Nien Nunb put back in.
  • Well, my stuff isn't working as intended. His passive should be in the revised version. Sorry 'bout that.

No worries dude, I knew what you were expressing which is what’s important. The forums are acting weird since early last night m.

Thanks, mate. I just REALLY want, no, NEED, Mace in game lol.

• Dash
    11638 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well, my stuff isn't working as intended. His passive should be in the revised version. Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks, mate. I just REALLY want, no, NEED, Mace in game lol.

I would easily drop my Main Hero light Side Leia, for Mace or Plo Kloon In a heart beat.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• IG88VSBossk
    937 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Also bring in the battle assassin droid IG-88 since they added Greedo and Nien Nunb in 2015. It would be absolutely awesome if they added a sweet assassin droid villian into the mix:

IG-88 Abilities

Primary Weapon: Neurotoxin Projectile Launcher (Paralyzes enemy targets with poison)

Left: Cutting Laser (Built into fingers)
    Middle: Gatling Metal Blade Gauntlet (firing hundreds of thousands of sharp blades)
    Right: Anti Armor Concussion Grenade (useful against spawning vehicles)

This sounds OP but i'm sure the cooldowns are slow af lol

• Also bring in the battle assassin droid IG-88 since they added Greedo and Nien Nunb in 2015. It would be absolutely awesome if they added a sweet assassin droid villian into the mix:

IG-88 Abilities

Primary Weapon: Neurotoxin Projectile Launcher (Paralyzes enemy targets with poison)

Left: Cutting Laser (Built into fingers)
    Middle: Gatling Metal Blade Gauntlet (firing hundreds of thousands of sharp blades)
    Right: Anti Armor Concussion Grenade (useful against spawning vehicles)

This sounds OP but i'm sure the cooldowns are slow af lol

It would be cool to have a hero who was the bane of vehicles.