criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What Is The Main Reason This Game Does Not Have Voice Chat?

IG88VSBossk
935 posts Member
edited January 2018
I had to make a correction, this is referring to in-game chat and to meet people through the game. Is this because of the young audience in the Star Wars community? Going back to the Socom days, kids and adults worked together, why not this game (for the most part)? This is a team oriented based game with objectives thus a lot of the failures in Galactic Assault could be avoided if we knew who was where. Team voice chat is never perfect in any game but would be nice to know there are some competent people you can follow and work with while everyone else worries about they're K/D ration imo. Can a community manager or mod address if this feature is coming at a later date or no?

Replies

• All we need is more people to encourage playing the objective by posting gameplay. I even made a thread encouraging people to do so, but nobody seems interested. People don't seem to realize that you can play the objective with a hero and still have a pretty good K/D. In the Yoda video I posted in my thread, I managed to go 35-1 while pushing the objective very hard.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • All we need is more people to encourage playing the objective by posting gameplay. I even made a thread encouraging people to do so, but nobody seems interested. People don't seem to realize that you can play the objective with a hero and still have a pretty good K/D. In the Yoda video I posted in my thread, I managed to go 35-1 while pushing the objective very hard.

You know I'm going to do that. Seems there really isn't much of how to play GA or how to play SA etc on youtube. I've seen many players just sit behind a wall and hope for the best.
  • zyzygy
    415 posts Member
    The only problem with having voice chat would be me. More specifically, me swearing and cursing at people to play the (expletive deleted) objective. I mean, this afternoon on Theed GA I was the only player to fire the Ion Disruptor at the MTT in the first phase. The only one! In games like that I'd swiftly be banned for foul and abusive language. The lack of voice chat is for the best really. :)

You know I'm going to do that. Seems there really isn't much of how to play GA or how to play SA etc on youtube. I've seen many players just sit behind a wall and hope for the best.

Exactly. All the big Battlefront YouTubers do is go for killstreaks. The Noobs probably don't even know how to play the objective since they likely haven't seen anyone do it. Feel free to make your own guide thread ect, but if you could post some gameplay or something in the thread I made I'd appreciate it! I'll make sure to post my gameplay in any thread you make too if/when you decide to make one. :)

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Dash
    11526 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Because if it did have game chat, Everyone would know your mother. :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Exactly. All the big Battlefront YouTubers do is go for killstreaks. The Noobs probably don't even know how to play the objective since they likely haven't seen anyone do it. Feel free to make your own guide thread ect, but if you could post some gameplay or something in the thread I made I'd appreciate it! I'll make sure to post my gameplay in any thread you make too if/when you decide to make one. :)

Yes, will do ;)
  • Because if it did have game chat, Everyone would know your mother.

Was waiting for someone to say that haha
  • Dash
    11526 posts Member
    Because if it did have game chat, Everyone would know your mother.

Was waiting for someone to say that haha
    Lol

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• zyzygy
    415 posts Member
    All we need is more people to encourage playing the objective by posting gameplay. I even made a thread encouraging people to do so, but nobody seems interested. People don't seem to realize that you can play the objective with a hero and still have a pretty good K/D. In the Yoda video I posted in my thread, I managed to go 35-1 while pushing the objective very hard.

This is a good idea. I and others have been calling for some instructional videos on the main menu of SWBF2 for some time. Some of the lack of PTFO is not just down to noobery, but a basic lack of instructions.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    All we need is more people to encourage playing the objective by posting gameplay. I even made a thread encouraging people to do so, but nobody seems interested. People don't seem to realize that you can play the objective with a hero and still have a pretty good K/D. In the Yoda video I posted in my thread, I managed to go 35-1 while pushing the objective very hard.

It isn't that they don't know how. People are too focused on k/d and expect the rest of us to pto while they kill camp.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• zyzygy wrote: »

This is a good idea. I and others have been calling for some instructional videos on the main menu of SWBF2 for some time. Some of the lack of PTFO is not just down to noobery, but a basic lack of instructions.

Feel free to visit the thread I made and post any gameplay you may have! It is near the bottom of the main page now if you want to have a look.

giphy.gif

• bfloo wrote: »

It isn't that they don't know how. People are too focused on k/d and expect the rest of us to pto while they kill camp.

Yeah, I understand that players are expected to kill for new weapons and such, how do you think an instructional video might help? thinking about how to go about it.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Yeah, I understand that players are expected to kill for new weapons and such, how do you think an instructional video might help? thinking about how to go about it.

People are acting like this is the only game people ignore the objectives.

This is an issue in most fps's these days

h846398gb27k.png

You can get a decent K/D while still playing the objective with a hero though. My average Yoda match on the smaller maps like the Death Star is 30-1 and as you can see in the gameplay I have posted elsewhere that I push the objective pretty hard.

giphy.gif

Well yes, not just this game but we are talking about this one specifically and to encourage other players to play the objective. At the end of the day people just want to relax and shoot stuff, I get that too. I also understand players don't even care about the objectives. So where do the two meet?
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member

Well yes, not just this game but we are talking about this one specifically and to encourage other players to play the objective. At the end of the day people just want to relax and shoot stuff, I get that too. I also understand players don't even care about the objectives. So where do the two meet?

We need private games and to recruit objective players to fill them with. It has been over a week since I had a game that could go either way.

h846398gb27k.png

We need private games and to recruit objective players to fill them with. It has been over a week since I had a game that could go either way.

I don't remember if Dice said they were going to implement private matches. Too much speculation videos on youtube will do that to ya
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member

I don't remember if Dice said they were going to implement private matches. Too much speculation videos on youtube will do that to ya

I think they said they would look into it.

I don't bother with the youtube videos.

I can make up rumors too.

h846398gb27k.png

• Too similar to battlefield™
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • IG88VSBossk
    935 posts Member
    edited January 2018

^ This. Those youtuber rumor videos are silly and always usually lead to disappointment if said character/vehicle/weapon etc isn't in the game. Wish they would stop making that stuff.
  • zyzygy
    415 posts Member

You're right, of course. But at least Battlefield 1 and 4 tried to amend the problem with help videos. People might completely ignore them and their suggestions, which is their right, but it would still be worth a shot for those who do want to play 'properly' and don't know how.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member

^ This. Those youtuber rumor videos are silly and always usually lead to disappointment if said character/vehicle/weapon etc isn't in the game. Wish they would stop making that stuff.

I'm still waiting for the hero blast we were 'promised' in the last game.

h846398gb27k.png

I'm still waiting for the hero blast we were 'promised' in the last game.

or the promised fixed matchmaking for this game, Dice mentioned this back in July of last year. Really hard to believe anything they say anymore. Just wait for the EA PR DLC and thats it pretty much lol

You're right, of course. But at least Battlefield 1 and 4 tried to amend the problem with help videos. People might completely ignore them and their suggestions, which is their right, but it would still be worth a shot for those who do want to play 'properly' and don't know how.

+1

giphy.gif

+1

This ^
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator

So THAT'S How I met Your Mother ended.
    slide_342150_3537176_free.gif
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11526 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »

Lol

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Octavarius
    1107 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kids raging, kids screaming, French kids singing, loud eating habits down the mic. Just a few of my favourite things :o
  • Because most people don't understand simple concept like ZPA, ZAX or ZAA. Request ZBM2.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    No clue. The game is rated Teen, lots of other games in this rating have chat.
  • F03hammer wrote: »

I was hoping they all died. Morbid I am
  • Because 99% of the time it’s useless and also as you said this game is designed for younger people.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Because 99% of the time it’s useless and also as you said this game is designed for younger people.

...and their parent's wallets.
  • The player focus is as intended - progression is almost 100% kills focused ...so lots are playing their objectives
  • I had to make a correction, this is referring to in-game chat and to meet people through the game. Is this because of the young audience in the Star Wars community? Going back to the Socom days, kids and adults worked together, why not this game (for the most part)? This is a team oriented based game with objectives thus a lot of the failures in Galactic Assault could be avoided if we knew who was where. Team voice chat is never perfect in any game but would be nice to know there are some competent people you can follow and work with while everyone else worries about they're K/D ration imo. Can a community manager or mod address if this feature is coming at a later date or no?

Originally they used the excuse that they had to rush to meet the deadline before the movie release (just like BF2015). Than they went silent on this, just like their doing with practically everything else now. Once again EA is implementing their wonderful transparency tactics...
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »
    I had to make a correction, this is referring to in-game chat and to meet people through the game. Is this because of the young audience in the Star Wars community? Going back to the Socom days, kids and adults worked together, why not this game (for the most part)? This is a team oriented based game with objectives thus a lot of the failures in Galactic Assault could be avoided if we knew who was where. Team voice chat is never perfect in any game but would be nice to know there are some competent people you can follow and work with while everyone else worries about they're K/D ration imo. Can a community manager or mod address if this feature is coming at a later date or no?

Originally they used the excuse that they had to rush to meet the deadline before the movie release (just like BF2015). Than they went silent on this, just like their doing with practically everything else now. Once again EA is implementing their wonderful transparency tactics...

I've never seen anything to imply that voice chat is coming.

h846398gb27k.png

@bfloo wasn't saying nor do I believe they will implement in game chat. Ppl screamed for it in the previous game and it never happened. I was just giving the OP another reason their isn't voice chat in the game (aside from off game options).
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member

@bfloo wasn't saying nor do I believe they will implement in game chat. Ppl screamed for it in the previous game and it never happened. I was just giving the OP another reason their isn't voice chat in the game (aside from off game options).

It sounded like you were saying they had no time to implement it like they said about stats.

I misunderstood :)

h846398gb27k.png

• I had to make a correction, this is referring to in-game chat and to meet people through the game. Is this because of the young audience in the Star Wars community?

That is likely part of it. There is all of the general worry over "harassment" in gaming and such. So just leave it out to be "safe" on a number of different levels.

I think another part is that the console systems require a certain amount of bandwidth/memory always be provided for the party chat of the particular system. I'd think that not making room for two chat systems would free a lot of overhead for game stuff.

It sounded like you were saying they had no time to implement it like they said about stats.

I misunderstood :)

I'm a hick from Maine so I'm sure how I say things on occasion is misleading or just all together wrong. :smile:
  • This is my conspiracy theory regarding the absence of VOIP or any other means of coordination: They are afraid players will figure out how to use them. Then when a bunch of random droolers get stomped by the four people who have decided they are going to coordinate with each other, they would complain and it would be a massive cluster. It's the same reason why there is no squad function, DICE and EA probably thought it would generate an unfair advantage for people smart enough to figure it out. The most egregious thing of all, though, is that it would be completely free and no one would have to pay for crystals to unlock it.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    This is my conspiracy theory regarding the absence of VOIP or any other means of coordination: They are afraid players will figure out how to use them. Then when a bunch of random droolers get stomped by the four people who have decided they are going to coordinate with each other, they would complain and it would be a massive cluster. It's the same reason why there is no squad function, DICE and EA probably thought it would generate an unfair advantage for people smart enough to figure it out. The most egregious thing of all, though, is that it would be completely free and no one would have to pay for crystals to unlock it.

Instead we get a system where preformed groups can communicate in game while everyone else is left silent. A truly ridiculous system IMO.
  • No one wants to hear a whinny little kid talking junk over the microphone. Bad enough that they spew garbage in text chat...
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Because 99% of the time it’s useless and also as you said this game is designed for younger people.

...and their parent's wallets.
    Does the monetization/progression system have to get in to every conversation?
  • This is my conspiracy theory regarding the absence of VOIP or any other means of coordination: They are afraid players will figure out how to use them. Then when a bunch of random droolers get stomped by the four people who have decided they are going to coordinate with each other, they would complain and it would be a massive cluster. It's the same reason why there is no squad function, DICE and EA probably thought it would generate an unfair advantage for people smart enough to figure it out. The most egregious thing of all, though, is that it would be completely free and no one would have to pay for crystals to unlock it.

You are right, this game is not as centered around squads. If you want that, you can go play blowout-field 1.
  • bfloo
    14422 posts Member
    This is my conspiracy theory regarding the absence of VOIP or any other means of coordination: They are afraid players will figure out how to use them. Then when a bunch of random droolers get stomped by the four people who have decided they are going to coordinate with each other, they would complain and it would be a massive cluster. It's the same reason why there is no squad function, DICE and EA probably thought it would generate an unfair advantage for people smart enough to figure it out. The most egregious thing of all, though, is that it would be completely free and no one would have to pay for crystals to unlock it.

Battlefield1 offers voice and tactical emotes with the squad system.

There is still minimal coordination and it is hard to find a squad where the leaders will actually give orders, much less squad members will follow them.

h846398gb27k.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    No one wants to hear a whinny little kid talking junk over the microphone. Bad enough that they spew garbage in text chat...

There's a mute feature for a reason.
  • Alex64
    5796 posts Member
    1.- Serve the Internet regulations.
    2.- Protect the Kids.
    3.- Uphold the decency