criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

[Faction Thread] First Order vs Resistance

Replies

• You male-dominating Resis-dunces will never know the power of gender equality!
    Resis-dunce: 4 male, 2 female.
    First Order: 3 male, 3 female.

THIS IS WHAT ORDER AND PEACE LOOK LIKE!!

If you wanna role play then watch the new Star Wars movie. This explains everything why the First Order will be destroyed in episode 9 and forever.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• @Ahsoka_Tano

We will see. One thing is for sure, the leaderships may change as time passes but The Dark Side will survive and stay in power as it should be..... for we are all powerful! ;)
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • @Ahsoka_Tano

We will see. One thing is for sure, the leaderships may change as time passes but The Dark Side will survive and stay in power as it should be..... for we are all powerful! ;)
    Powerful indeed. Unlimited power if you will. ;)
    cJlBUVL.gif
  • Let me get this straight. At the end of the season they said the winner gets an epic card but they already gave the prize to the first order? Lol they didnt even give the resistance a chance??
  • Glory to the First Order!
  • Twitchy
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Aker wrote: »
    Glory to the First Order!

Play make believe all you want, but has ea addressed this?
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Twitchy wrote: »
    Let me get this straight. At the end of the season they said the winner gets an epic card but they already gave the prize to the first order? Lol they didnt even give the resistance a chance??

There's 2 epic cards, one was already completed, one left for the overall winner
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• OOM19
    2832 posts Member
    After The Last Jedi I could care less about this contest anymore
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • F03hammer wrote: »
    Twitchy wrote: »
    Let me get this straight. At the end of the season they said the winner gets an epic card but they already gave the prize to the first order? Lol they didnt even give the resistance a chance??

There's 2 epic cards, one was already completed, one left for the overall winner

I wonder who that will be. Could it be Dorksidekewlfurstorder.

Who am I kidding, of course it will. That much was clear since the start.
  • Alex64
    7663 posts Member
    Hux sux
    6759fb0116c5c7a203334670a076c1be7f9ed66a_hq.jpg
    Why so serious?
  • Are there supposed to be the weekly faction rewards (2000/4000 cr) coming out today (27/12 ?)
  • The resistance won this week? That's a load of rubbish!
  • LexRage
    113 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    St*pid question probably, but how exactly the system works, to decide which faction wins?
    (can't believe that "st*pid" is a censored word...)
  • Stupid resistance we need to crush them!
  • How many days do I have to open these crates? I haven't played for two weeks.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• LexRage wrote: »
    St*pid question probably, but how exactly the system works, to decide which faction wins?

Actually I think that's a good question. In fact, I was about to ask the same question, but you beat me! :lol:
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • GreenArrow
    507 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I wish that all who didn't work for those crates in factions and joined just on start to pick up side don't get the rewards at all. But that my poor wish only :/
    I know that some players log in every several days, or even once weekly just to pick up celebration crate ''uhh! free credits, crafting parts, epic star card. Nice!'' And that is not fair.
  • I.. what.. how? We actually won! For the resistance!
  • I for one havent missed a day
  • LexRage wrote: »

Actually I think that's a good question. In fact, I was about to ask the same question, but you beat me! :lol:

From an EA sponsored video linked in another thread, it said it is based on average percentage of player activity on each side. So it isn't based on number of players but how much each player played or didn't play.
    I wouldn't be surprised if EA just made resistance win to make it seem closer/fairer tho. It's the only reason to not show a meter in game.
    If that last statement is incorrect because younger kids are more likely to go resistance, and they are the ones who got it one Christmas (us older folks just bought it when it came out), and guess who has more time to play.... kids with 6ish hour school days and are probably off for the week or older people working 8hrs per day...
  • Inflatable
    122 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    LexRage wrote: »

Nobody knows, because there's no source on this whatsoever.. You just do your challenges and that's it.. Which side will win the season most people thought was down to popularity numbers because the First Order won 1st 2 weeks, but the Resistance won this week, so nobody really knows..

It would be funny if the Resistance won the next as well and this whole season ended in a draw and we all get the Epic star card for the side hero we picked.. That would be most fair anyway.. I would not be surprised at all if it played out like that and this is just all some fake competition to keep people interested in playing.. I play the challenges for the direct rewards, the rest you have no influence on whatsoever anyway by the looks of it (no way to check)..
  • why did i not get the first order victory crate?
  • Twitchy
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The first order already got a purple card didn't they? Still unclear as to why. Winning 1 week??
  • I love the dark side(Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker) but I am with the Resistance <3 and we will WIN!!!
  • Phoenix13 wrote: »

From an EA sponsored video linked in another thread, it said it is based on average percentage of player activity on each side. So it isn't based on number of players but how much each player played or didn't play.
    I wouldn't be surprised if EA just made resistance win to make it seem closer/fairer tho. It's the only reason to not show a meter in game.
    If that last statement is incorrect because younger kids are more likely to go resistance, and they are the ones who got it one Christmas (us older folks just bought it when it came out), and guess who has more time to play.... kids with 6ish hour school days and are probably off for the week or older people working 8hrs per day...

I appreciate for your answer, @Phoenix13! Cannot deny what you said since, by a coincidence, I actually recently found the same answer from @Blazur in the First Order Faction Thread with a video made by a YouTuber BattlefrontUpdates (without having to ask the same question in that thread).

By the way, I'm actually one of the older folks who got a copy of Battlefront 2 as a Christmas gift, and I known some other older folks that still get games like these for Christmas even if they are hardcore gamers (for different reasons of course :sweat_smile:).

As for schedule for kids in schools, where I come from is a bit longer than 6 hours :lol:. We spend time in schools for approximately 7:30 to 8 hours from Monday to Friday, while many adults still go to work for 8 hours per day.

Inflatable wrote: »

Nobody knows, because there's no source on this whatsoever.. You just do your challenges and that's it.. Which side will win the season most people thought was down to popularity numbers because the First Order won 1st 2 weeks, but the Resistance won this week, so nobody really knows..

It would be funny if the Resistance won the next as well and this whole season ended in a draw and we all get the Epic star card for the side hero we picked.. That would be most fair anyway.. I would not be surprised at all if it played out like that and this is just all some fake competition to keep people interested in playing.. I play the challenges for the direct rewards, the rest you have no influence on whatsoever anyway by the looks of it (no way to check)..

Um.... You probably did not realize this, but @Phoenix13 already gave an answer about how Faction Challenges work, just before you posted your comment.

As I already mentioned when replying to Phoenix, another member also gave the same answer, with this source:
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • I'm with the First Order of course.
  • Chritah wrote: »
    I'm with the First Order of course.

Good! The First Order will prevail in the end for it is the representative of The Dark Side and with us on its side we can not and must not lose......... for The Dark Side is all powerful.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

• So who won last week? I expected a celebration crate today? is it over?
  • @Hammer_down99

That should happen tomorrow, not today.

• @Hammer_down99

That should happen tomorrow, not today.

okay thanks
  • First Order won apparently.
  • I was expecting that Resistance will win again but im quite surprised we won.
    3 out of 4 wins for December.
    Now im confused when we will get that Epic crate that EA promise to us for the conclusion of season.
  • GreenArrow wrote: »
    I was expecting that Resistance will win again but im quite surprised we won.
    3 out of 4 wins for December.
    Now im confused when we will get that Epic crate that EA promise to us for the conclusion of season.

Another weekly challenge came out today so the season isn't over yet.
  • Kaira
    166 posts Member
    It’s quite sad and not really a competition I love the resistance but I wish I had just chosen first order there’s no skill in this battle at all.
  • BlackKS
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So what exactly counts to the faction winning? How many people completed a challenge, or the percent of people on the given side that complete a challenge? In example, only 75% out of the 10,000 people who chose First Order completed a challenge vs 80% out of the 7,000 people who chose Resistance completed theirs. If it's based on numbers, then the one with the higher members will obviously win, however if it's based on the percent of people who complete the challenge for their side, then it would be a bit more fair. Is it even about challenges? I would like to know the details as to what went into how the First Order won before having to choose another side in the future.
  • Apparently it's a percentage of how many challenges completed.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    Apparently it's a percentage of how many challenges completed.

Is there a source to this?
  • BlackKS wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Apparently it's a percentage of how many challenges completed.

Is there a source to this?

Battlefrontupdates.

• I wouldn't really say that is an official source, but okay. I'll look forward to my 3 common cards and 1 rare that the Resistance will be getting.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    BlackKS wrote: »
    I wouldn't really say that is an official source, but okay. I'll look forward to my 3 common cards and 1 rare that the Resistance will be getting.

That's the way it works, what makes you think differently?
  • BlackKS wrote: »
    I wouldn't really say that is an official source, but okay. I'll look forward to my 3 common cards and 1 rare that the Resistance will be getting.

It's a sponsored by EA video so is kind of but I'm still not sure. It would make sense though otherwise there is no way resistance could have won any of the weeks.
  • There is no progression anymore on my two open challenges. Is the season over?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    There is no progression anymore on my two open challenges. Is the season over?

Season is still going. What do you mean there is no progression on them?
  • Hanzo wrote: »

I've two challenges. E.g. play 5 times SA and I did, but it's still 0/5...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Hanzo wrote: »

Oh, so you're saying they aren't progressing when you do the tasks. I had win 10 Strike matches and play 5 Strike matches and they both progressed fine and completed. What platform you on? There are glitches to challenge progression out there.

Oh, so you're saying they aren't progressing when you do the tasks. I had win 10 Strike matches and play 5 Strike matches and they both progressed fine and completed. What platform you on? There are glitches to challenge progression out there.

PC. Still 0/5 and 23h to complete.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member

And you're playing full matches, not just one round and bouncing?

I played 6 matches in a row and later 2. This is frustrating...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Ok, it's probably a bug.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Ok, it's probably a bug.

It's a display bug. You need to play 5 Strike matches. I was frustrated aswell when my SA didn't count after playing like 10 rounds of a game mode i'd rather avoid.