criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Assists Should Be Kills

Prev1
Anyone else agree that dealing a certain high percentage of damage should still count as a kill if someone else claims that kill?

It's annoying when you deal basically all the damage towards an enemy only to have someone else claim the kill (yet it's ironically satisfying when I claim someone elses' kill because I'm the Senate).
"DEW IT."
p1jlhhgtai3b.png
"I am the Senate."

Replies

• I'm really not sure as to why this game (and the first one, as far as I remember), doesnt have a "Assist counts as kill" system like Battlefield 4. You do 70% of damage to an enemy? Counts as a kill for you, even though the guy who finished them off gets the kill. It'd make getting attachments and whatnot easier
  • Dealing 75% - 80% damage to still get a kill from someone that takes the kill would be fine for me as that seems reasonable
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I mean, I wouldn't mind it. I'm not opposed to it, but I feel fine the way it is ATM
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    Nah, you get some kills stolen and you steal some, it all balances out.
  • I agree with this. I think it's especially frustrating when you do 90% of the damage, but you're using a blaster that doesn't fire fast enough to land the last shot before someone else does.

Also, say multiple people are firing at the objective in Starfighter when it is destroyed. How is it fair to give only one of them the points for destroying it? At least I think that's how it works.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • I never worried about it too much myself, but as far as challenges go, yeah, it would be a boon.

BTW: Assist states last how long? Till they die even if back to full health? Full health cancels any assists applied? Too much time between application and satisfaction of event? Just curious.....
  • mastery0ta
    6211 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I gotta say, I'd be alright with it. Getting kills is getting kills. It also may help some of the people that are upset, about lack of gitting gud.
  • It wouldn't hurt for it to be in the game I reckon
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Hanzo wrote: »

This. +1. It works both ways.

Only assist that annoys me is in SA when someone nosedives when I’m in their tail.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    Holy.... this was in Battlefront 2015 too...... yes I agree! Also it should be kills in 1st place, not points....
  • YODA100 wrote: »
    Holy.... this was in Battlefront 2015 too...... yes I agree! Also it should be kills in 1st place, not points....

Nah points should be first place as points consist of a variety of things that contributes to one team winning, not just kills. And points encourages players to do more that just kill
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • gleaning into the progression, it would make sense they don't give you the kill after peppering some thug esp when you die from the effort, because all thing progression move at a snail's pace. No surprise the kill award is mere luck, being at the right place, right time. I've had plenty of those too, on ground, in air.
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• Dash
    11627 posts Member
    If I do most of the damage I should be awarded the kill if someone steals the last hit. So I’m 100% behind this.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• If I do most of the damage I should be awarded the kill if someone steals the last hit. So I’m 100% behind this.

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • zLogen
    430 posts Member
    Hanzo wrote: »

Definitely this
  • jeans
    345 posts Member
    yt jeanschweppe
  • If I do most of the damage I should be awarded the kill if someone steals the last hit. So I’m 100% behind this.

+1
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban

Clearly someone doesn’t understand the design of this game. I bet he’s the guy standing outside the temple firing the useless stationary cannon rather than running into it to contest the objective and stop the other team from capturing the point.

Can’t tell you how much I’m seeing this lately. It’s as if players don’t understand what the objectives are or how to influence them in one direction or another. Crazy......

Most definitely not sir, points should be the deciding factor as they are now
  • Vilpire
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    YODA100 wrote: »

Most definitely not sir, points should be the deciding factor as they are now

Yeah, kills are absolutely no way to measure how good a player is. Most points are awarded for playing the objective, so the top 5 at the end of the game are usually the 5 dudes who were engaged on the objective the most and that's fine as it is.
    "To be Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory" - Yuthura Ban
  • joachimeberhard
    1477 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You guys do know that the game has a mechanic that counts the last kill to the one person who shot first continuously to the last hit?

You can see it even graphically on Starfighter Assault because it is slower.

There is a colored clock within the target that goes from yellow to red. You get the kill/objective score only if it is filled by continous fire or because noone else shot.

The real reason for not getting "the kill" was because your bursts of fire were broken by missing, overheating etc..
  • Hanzo wrote: »

This
  • Another one of these threads, eh? Well, let's get to it.

+1
    giphy.gif
  • Maybe just for heroes, having someone come out of nowhere and steal your kill after you were about to singlehandedly take down a hero is a bummer.
  • It balances out over time so no.
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member
    Meh.... on the one hand, if I can't secure the kill I don't think I should get kill credit.
    But on the other hand, I don't care. Whatever I was trying to kill is dead either way.
  • I thought it already counted as an elimination.
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    I thought it already counted as an elimination.

It does count as an elimination if you hit a target that someone else finishes, but eliminations don't count for progression on getting the milestones done unless it counted as a kill for you.
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I'm really not sure as to why this game (and the first one, as far as I remember), doesnt have a "Assist counts as kill" system like Battlefield 4. You do 70% of damage to an enemy? Counts as a kill for you, even though the guy who finished them off gets the kill. It'd make getting attachments and whatnot easier

• danilojbg wrote: »
    I thought it already counted as an elimination.

Yeah but eliminations consists of kills and assists which means nothing to me. It's either you get the kill or you don't, and it's more satisfying when you get the kill obviously. A player could have, say, 40 eliminations but only have killed 10 of those players and gotten 30 assists. It makes me cringe when people "brag" about big eliminations when eliminations are pathetic. High scores and big kills is where it's at.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Assists should not be kills.
    If anything remove assits.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Jaku
    205 posts Member
    Eh doesn't really matter to me I get the points either way.
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Assists should not be kills.

Assists shouldn't be kills yes, but if you deal like 80% damage to an opponent only for someone else to take the kill then you should still be rewarded with the kill, not an assist (this is something I specified in the opening comment)
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Ah, the Senate wants more power, what a surprise :)

@UNLIMITED_P0WER why is this important to you in a game where k/d doesn’t count? Or are you thinking about the way milestones tick only on kills and not assist?
    NeoX
  • Jaku wrote: »
    Eh doesn't really matter to me I get the points either way.

The ironic thing is that I don't struggle to get big kills or high scores or anything; I really enjoy the game and do really well, I just think dealing most of the damage to an opponent should still count as a kill if someone else takes the kill
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Ah, the Senate wants more power, what a surprise :)

@UNLIMITED_P0WER

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Not a good idea, because then players who get more assists then kills can play your waifu, Palpatine.
    I know he's your waifu, I see that Sheev Palpatine bodypillow in your closet.
    qx08b.gif

• I can't wait until master windu shows up
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Assists should not be kills.

Assists shouldn't be kills yes, but if you deal like 80% damage to an opponent only for someone else to take the kill then you should still be rewarded with the kill, not an assist (this is something I specified in the opening comment)

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I probably should've worded the title better as I feel like people are misinterpreting my main point: I'm not saying any form of assist should be a kill, but if you deal a very high amount of damage to an opponent then it should count as a kill if someone else takes the kill
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • @UNLIMITED_P0WER why is this important to you in a game where k/d doesn’t count? Or are you thinking about the way milestones tick only on kills and not assist?

Sorry, edit... didn’t show in time
    NeoX
  • Yea need an assist counts as kill especially for tanks, special units and heros

Nah points should be first place as points consist of a variety of things that contributes to one team winning, not just kills. And points encourages players to do more that just kill

• bfloo
    15662 posts Member
    With no stats, why does this matter?

I like the battlefield mechanic, but battlefield has stats
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    With no stats, why does this matter?

I like the battlefield mechanic, but battlefield has stats

Essentially to quicken the unlocking of weapons/attachments. Problem is like I said, it balances out, so they won't net any additional kills in the end since now they'll be losing all the kills they used to "steal".
  • Assists are not and should not be kills.

Partial damage is not a kill.

A kill is the last 1%

Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • I probably should've worded the title better as I feel like people are misinterpreting my main point: I'm not saying any form of assist should be a kill, but if you deal a very high amount of damage to an opponent then it should count as a kill if someone else takes the kill

"DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • @UNLIMITED_P0WER but why do you want this? K/D is irrelevant in this game since it’s based on elims. Or are you just concerned about your milestones ticking up?
    NeoX
  • @UNLIMITED_P0WER but why do you want this? K/D is irrelevant in this game since it’s based on elims. Or are you just concerned about your milestones ticking up?

I just wanted to find out what people thought. I've completed all milestones except for those in Heroes and Vehicles (completed over half in Heroes), and only have two more trophies to unlock.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I c. I think in terms of milestones, assists should count, but otherwise, it doesn’t really matter since elims count as kills+assists
    NeoX