criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] Could we please get an update on the Weekly Q&A?

Replies

• A mod said almost a week ago that the answers to the questions will come (very soon). But like I said that was a week ago and still no response...so much for it being (weekly). Hopefully they provide some kind of explanation when they finally give us our answers.
  • How about now? Anything?
  • The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.
  • T0TALfps
    1162 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey Folks,

Due to the holidays, we're putting the Weekly 1:1 project on hold until the New Year. We will still continue to share updates on our EA Star Wars channels as they become available.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Due to the holidays, we're putting the Weekly 1:1 project on hold until the New Year. We will still continue to share updates on our EA Star Wars channels as they become available.

So it's an ANNUAL 1:1 now?

Cool.
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

An answer. Thanks.
  • There is your answer. Thread closed. See how easy that was?
  • what a joke
  • In other words Disney will step on our balls if we create another PR nightmare while TLJ is still in theaters . :D
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    There is your answer. Thread closed. See how easy that was?

Move along
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7312 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I don't want to be mean, but I think that's not the reason, because in other threads some explained that you are not allowed to talk about it due to the nds and you were far over 5 weeks (before holidays) :D Just an excuse. On the other side, it's great that you gave us an answer.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    k5do0gdisfjz.png
  • T0TALfps
    1162 posts EA Community Manager
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I don't want to be mean, but I think that's not the reason, because in other threads some explained that you are not allowed to talk about it due to the nds and you were far over 5 weeks (before holidays) :D Just an excuse. On the other side, it's great that you gave us an answer.

There are of course other reasons, but now, as we are drawing closer to the Christmas holidays and as the team start to spend time with loved ones, that is the most valid reason. This project will be picked up in the New Year once the Community Team is back at full swing.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7312 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Can you open the weekly 1:1 thread again? So we can put in new questions? In my opinion, some were already answered due to the update.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    k5do0gdisfjz.png
  • Can you open the weekly 1:1 thread again? So we can to put in new questions? In my opinion, some were already answered due to the update.
    They're too busy enjoying the Holidays.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    I am curious as to what excuse they'll use after new years.

"Sorry, the answers are coming, but the devs are away preparing to spend Martin Luther King day with their family"

"We'll have answers soon, but the Devs are out shopping for Valentines day for their loved ones"

"Just a bit longer, the devs had a few too many for St. Patricks day"

"With Easter approaching the devs are delayed in answering as they will be in church"

"With Cinco de Mayo looming, the devs are shopping for beer so another short delay for the answers"

etc etc etc blah blah blah
  • Is this what it looks like when they pull support from a game?

Will next DLC just be two heroes and a reused map from BF1 that could have been in the game since launch?
  • Can you open the weekly 1:1 thread again? So we can put in new questions? In my opinion, some were already answered due to the update.

Yes that would be nice, many of the questions are irrelevant now.
  • Calling out mods against forum rules. Thread will be closing soon.
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    And really, there's no reason to call out the mods here. They literally have nothing to do with the development of the game, they are simply passers of information.

So it's a don't shoot the messenger situation.
  • Remember there is NDA. Some know things but can't say it.
  • Remember that most of the staff is AFK for the holidays so asking the same question over and over again is rather pointless. At least until they come back.
    NeoX
  • Anybody have any idea when the team is coming back from vacation?
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Anybody have any idea when the team is coming back from vacation?
    Seems that some of the team is back, Dennis is for example.
    "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Meatbags wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the team is coming back from vacation?

Do you think we will hear anything within the next 1-3 days? Also, how do you know that Dennis is back?

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Meatbags
    454 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Meatbags wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the team is coming back from vacation?

Do you think we will hear anything within the next 1-3 days? Also, how do you know that Dennis is back?

He also answered a few questions on Twitter as well, nothing major though. But it's good to see the return of our Supreme Leader. :)

- HK-47 to Revan
    giphy.gif
  • Dennisssssss!
  • Yeah from what I’m seeing on YouTube/Twitter we should be Getting some news, and seeing some changes soon.
  • Blazur
    4439 posts Member
    Dennis is back but is sledge? Something tells me he's the one orchestrating these Q&A sessions. If the responsibility solely relies on him and he's AFK for personal reasons all we can do is be respectfully patient.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Would it really be so hard to at the very least tell us what heroes will 100% be in the next season? I've got around 1k crafting parts saved up and it would be nice to know what characters are coming so I know whether to keep saving or not.

giphy.gif

• Would it really be so hard to at the very least tell us what heroes will 100% be in the next season? I've got around 1k crafting parts saved up and it would be nice to know what characters are coming so I know whether to keep saving or not.

It's a bit early for that, just spend them you can always earn more.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    Would it really be so hard to at the very least tell us what heroes will 100% be in the next season? I've got around 1k crafting parts saved up and it would be nice to know what characters are coming so I know whether to keep saving or not.

It's a bit early for that, just spend them you can always earn more.

Well, ideally I'd like to have enough to take both Kenobi and Grievous to fully epic as soon as they are released, as I will probably use them both quite often. I just want to make sure those are the 2 that will be coming, because saving enough to get them both fully epic will take a while and if those aren't the 2 that will be coming I can focus on finishing my Boba and Vader instead.

giphy.gif

• Blazur
    4439 posts Member
    edited January 5
    This is EA/DICE game, isn't it ? There are a lot of worker for this job. I guess developers can't do anything without Mat Sledgehammer70 ? So i guess he earns all the money?

There's got to be some unusual protocols for being allowed to share content. EA and Disney are mega publishers, so I can only assume they're strangle holding communication to cover themselves.

Either way, I've come to expect very little communication from this team. It's always been like this since the beginning of this franchise. Sucks, but that's why we have Reddit to do the work of collecting relevant news and information.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • jiaco
    64 posts Member
    @R2D23

We will have more information for all of you on this topic soon, so stay tuned!

I dont have an exact ETA to give you yet but it will be very soon, cant be more precises then that for now, sorry.

Thanks. This is the first thing I have been able to find that we will get some news.
  • @Sledgehammer70 signed in forum last minutes.

Probably clicked on the wrong bookmark!
  • The untrustyness is strong in this one .
  • Well, they are all back to work today. Perhaps DICE is a company that closes down over the holidays, forcing its staff into mandatory holiday during the coldest, shortest days of the year when some would no doubt prefer to keep working and save their holiday allowance for the summer.

Who knows, maybe some staff have taken the time to actually play the game at home, and now feel inspired to fix it :D
  • Hey everyone.

I had hoped to have the first wave of answers heading into the holidays. That did not happen, and I apologize for that. As many of you know, communication, updates and messaging need approval by all parties involved. A lot of the questions asked we simply did not have a solid answer too as the team is working on updates and changes that would directly impact many of your ongoing questions or our responses. The team is now in a better place to respond, and we will be doing so as soon as we can.

I hope to bring the first wave of answers in the coming week and a consistent cadence of new responses to new questions beyond that.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • Hey everyone.

I had hoped to have the first wave of answers heading into the holidays. That did not happen, and I apologize for that. As many of you know, communication, updates and messaging need approval by all parties involved. A lot of the questions asked we simply did not have a solid answer too as the team is working on updates and changes that would directly impact many of your ongoing questions or our responses. The team is now in a better place to respond, and we will be doing so as soon as we can.

I hope to bring the first wave of answers in the coming week and a consistent cadence of new responses to new questions beyond that.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    I am curious as to what excuse they'll use after new years.

"Sorry, the answers are coming, but the devs are away preparing to spend Martin Luther King day with their family"

"We'll have answers soon, but the Devs are out shopping for Valentines day for their loved ones"

"Just a bit longer, the devs had a few too many for St. Patricks day"

"With Easter approaching the devs are delayed in answering as they will be in church"

"With Cinco de Mayo looming, the devs are shopping for beer so another short delay for the answers"

etc etc etc blah blah blah

Lolol
  • Hey everyone.

Thanks! :)

giphy.gif

• Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    Hey everyone.

Nice thanks for updating us!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Hey everyone.

Awesome, looking forward to them. :)
  • Hanzo
    1677 posts Member
    So, community questions aside who all needs to approve the website being updated?

"Be sure to check in January 2018 as the season continues with more challenges and events!"

Or was a plan for this season not planned out in advance and they are just figuring it out now they are back from vacay?