criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Are episodes 7-9 killing Star Wars? (Spoilers, seriously?)

1235Next

Replies

• rollind24 wrote: »
    Hanzo wrote: »
    I personally won't be seeing Episode 9 as I have zero interest in the saga after The Last Jedi. I am just shocked a really bad story was given the go ahead - but I guess thats why we had the misleading trailers - to cover up just how bad it was.

We won't be getting another SW MMO as it will cost too much money and EA now have the licence. They are yet to publish a successful Star Wars game or MMO. Two attempts failed at knocking Warcraft from it's throne.

You might not watch it in theater, but you'll watch it. Posturing at its finest.

I’m pretty sure most of these people saying this are the same ones who said they will not buy Battlefront 2 yet they’re still here posting in the forums like I wouldn’t notice or remember.

For me, it's about whether I watch it in a way that supports the creators or in a way that lets me see the film without supporting them. I am definitely going to see the next movie at some point in some way, but I'll be unlikely to view it in a venue that supports the creators. It would take an incredible effort for them to get me into a movie theater again to see a Star Wars movie.
  • Hanzo wrote: »
    You might not watch it in theater, but you'll watch it. Posturing at its finest.

You don't know me very well at all. An example - When Rome 2 came out, it was dreadful and I vowed never to buy a game from them again, and I haven't - 5 years on.

There's nothing to make me want to watch the final installment. I have no interest in Rey, Kylo or how all men are **** and only women can save the day. Because that's exactly how The Last Jedi played out.

I can't stand your type. ThE LAsT JEdI mAdE aLL MeN BaD. Get a life. You do know Poe and Finn exist right... And what women saved the day? Holdo died while "saving the day" but if it had been Leia in that position you wouldn't have complained. Rose. Yeah, I understand that one, but she didn't save the day. Rey or Leia didn't "save the day" either. Look I'm anti-feminist too, but you are just plain dumb if you think it is a "feminist movie".

This video will sum everything up.

My stand out moment being Admiral Purple hair - pointless character. Why? Admiral Ackbar who led at assault on the second Death Star gets blown out into space and never mentioned again - HE should have been the one who adapted the daft story line at the end of the movie by steering the ship into Snokes.

Then - Poe -their BEST pilot - trusted to recover the final piece of the map to Luke - is suddenly not trusted by Ms Purple Hair - to be told of the 'plan' - which leads to the daft side story .

Finn takes a back seat and is turned into a clown and his finest moment is side swiped by a woman... I'm all for strong women in movies - theres a right way, and then there is the Disney way.

The movie was dreadful from start to finish, especially given that it continues immediately after The Force Awakens.

You don't know me very well at all. An example - When Rome 2 came out, it was dreadful and I vowed never to buy a game from them again, and I haven't - 5 years on.

There's nothing to make me want to watch the final installment. I have no interest in Rey, Kylo or how all men are **** and only women can save the day. Because that's exactly how The Last Jedi played out.

I can't stand your type. ThE LAsT JEdI mAdE aLL MeN BaD. Get a life. You do know Poe and Finn exist right... And what women saved the day? Holdo died while "saving the day" but if it had been Leia in that position you wouldn't have complained. Rose. Yeah, I understand that one, but she didn't save the day. Rey or Leia didn't "save the day" either. Look I'm anti-feminist too, but you are just plain dumb if you think it is a "feminist movie".

This video sums it up perfectly. I am all for equal opportunities and really love Rey and Finn. But making up nonsense just to prove a point makes me sick. Poe - trusted with getting the final piece of the map to Luke Skywalker, is suddenly not trusted enough to be told of the 'plan' - their BEST pilot. Then comes the pointless side plot story of mutiny.

Ackbar could have been the person who saved the rebels instead of being blown out of the ship and just forgotten. Yes, I understand the actor died in real life - but they have the technology to make it work - look at Tarkin and Red Leader in Rogue One.

My stand out moment being Admiral Purple hair - pointless character. Why? Admiral Ackbar who led at assault on the second Death Star gets blown out into space and never mentioned again - HE should have been the one who adapted the daft story line at the end of the movie by steering the ship into Snokes.

Then - Poe - trusted to recover the final piece of the map to Luke - is suddenly not trusted by Ms Purple Hair - to be told of the 'plan' - which leads to the daft side story .

Finn takes a back seat and is turned into a clown and his finest moment is side swiped by a woman... I'm all for strong women in movies - theres a right way, and then there is the Disney way.

Then - Poe -their BEST pilot - trusted to recover the final piece of the map to Luke - is suddenly not trusted by Ms Purple Hair - to be told of the 'plan' - which leads to the daft side story .

The movie was dreadful from start to finish, especially given that it continues immediately after The Force Awakens.

Her character is just a giant stain on the whole film. I’m still salty they gave her (a character out of nowhere that no one cares about) such a epic send off while the admiral gets killed off screen. It’s pathetic and pointless.
  • Talyn856 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    How did so many people love TFA but hate TLJ?

Because they're different movies?

TFA showed reverence to the source material, introduced new characters, brought back and did justice to old characters, and set up many questions that the rest of the trilogy could slowly tease out. Everything it needed to do to be a successful first installment in the new Star Wars trilogy.

TLJ threw out the source material, introduced new characters who did nothing, pushed a political message over a narrative which weakened the new characters, and made irrelevant the answers to the questions that TFA set up. Additionally, it added nothing to the overall lore and, in that way, was two and a half hours of fluff.

I can agree with this.

Although, looking at things from a broad perspective, I can say (in my opinion) that Rogue One is the only truly good movie out these newer ones so far.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    I still hate the fact they didn't follow through with Finn's death

That would have actually been gutsy and been a real twist and would have made the character have real impact

Ugh, this is going to look so stupid upon reruns
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • Frimmel
    613 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Talyn856 wrote: »
    How did so many people love TFA but hate TLJ?

Because they're different movies?

TFA showed reverence to the source material, introduced new characters, brought back and did justice to old characters, and set up many questions that the rest of the trilogy could slowly tease out. Everything it needed to do to be a successful first installment in the new Star Wars trilogy.

TLJ threw out the source material, introduced new characters who did nothing, pushed a political message over a narrative which weakened the new characters, and made irrelevant the answers to the questions that TFA set up. Additionally, it added nothing to the overall lore and, in that way, was two and a half hours of fluff.

TFA was a terrible predictable reboot with a plot that heavily resembles ANH that focuses too much on nostalgia to keep things interesting. Not to mention the sub par performance throughout the whole movie and terrible childish humor that ruins nearly every scene that supposed to be taken seriously. And how the heck is TLJ political but TFA isn’t? And how did TFA do justice to old characters?
    TFA destroyed character development from the OT and pushed the reset button on the whole story that’s been developed over six movies. So What about the new republic? Nah, let’s just destroy everything our characters fought for in the OT with yet another planet destroying super weapon so yet again the “good guys” will appear like underdogs. Or what about our characters that developed throughout the OT? Han? He’s back to being a selfish smuggler that ditched his family and friends. Luke? He always saw the good in Vader and always cared about protecting his friends surely he would be right alongside his family and friends? Nope, He’s alone and sad on island and ditched his friends and family because he doesn’t want to be bothered.

TFA suffers from some of the same exact problems that TLJ does. That’s why it’s confusing to some like me and others abs to why anyone could praise TFA but hate TLJ. I wouldn’t call anything TFA did “successful” but that’s just my opinion.

Yep. TFA killed the happy ending of ROTJ and did it lazily and badly and TLJ killed anything that was even vaguely interesting in TFA.

I'd ask how anyone can trash Episodes 1-3 and like either of TFA or TLJ. While the prequels aren't "good" movies they are not cinematic travesties. Lucas at least knows how to shoot and edit a movie. For all there is to dislike in the prequels nothing in them feels as cheap and lazy like the entirety of both TFA and TLJ.

• OP yes. With the exception of Rogue One, Star Wars is over. It died when George sold Lucasfilm to disney. This new thing they are still calling Star Wars is a completely different universe and its rubbish. TLJ is an utter disgrace and not even worth a bootleg torrent. 40 years of an epic universe has been wiped out with one signature from George Lucas. He was deceived by a lie.
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Vexation wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Also, Finn has no lasting damage from getting his back sliced. Because... Bacta....what is this, EA BF1?

It was just a flesh wound :)

You gotta admit the timeline is just ridiculous

If anyone actually doubted it. the ending of Resurrection shows the opening of TLJ with all the Ships evacuating and the Radus Refueling

And just before that in Star Wars Battlefront 2: Resurrection the main characters saw Star-Killer Base being destroyed while on a First Order Star Destroyer their next action was boarding a escape craft and going to the Resistance Base

So let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say that someone in the time-span of 10 Hours (Even though the X-Wings arrived far sooner then 10 hours) this happened

Kylo Ren:

Kylo's Scar was healed, His Bow-Caster wound was healed, His various Light-Saber wounds from Rey were healed, his training was completed/Cancelled, His scar changed places

Hux:

Hux somehow grew Obi-Wan Lamb Chops, changed outfits, somehow organized a massive fleet

Finn:

His lengthy Saber burn to the Shoulder that Kylo inflicted on him has totally healed, Finn's back-wound is totally fine now

Snoke:

Total appearance change, New outfit, new throne room

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Oh thanks man, I already had a wealth of issues and gripes with this movie but now you've just dumped a whole load of new hot steaming issues into my lap. Every time I think it can't get worse someone brings up something else that made ZERO SENSE.

Seriously though

2:54

Look how long he's burned for

You can't tell me that having a giant flare of Plasma through your shoulder is going to heal in a few hours or even a day

Also another huge plot hole is that Finn was struck in the back all the way through the middle so uhh....

Why is the Jacket stitching on the wrong side?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

• The Prequels didn't kill SW no matter how much backlash they received from the public, the ST won't kill SW either.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Rotten Tomatoes had over 23,000 votes before TLJ was released and certain groups have admitted to trying to falsely impact the score with negative reviews. Personally I love TFA and TLJ but I am luke warm on Rogue One. A lot of the complaints are just "I wanted this to happen and it didnt" or "I didnt want this to happen and it did" and then beyond that its people complaining about things that clearly apply to the original trilogy (how is rey so powerful, who is snoke etc).
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Also, Finn has no lasting damage from getting his back sliced. Because... Bacta....what is this, EA BF1?

If anyone actually doubted it. the ending of Resurrection shows the opening of TLJ with all the Ships evacuating and the Radus Refueling

And just before that in Star Wars Battlefront 2: Resurrection the main characters saw Star-Killer Base being destroyed while on a First Order Star Destroyer their next action was boarding a escape craft and going to the Resistance Base

So let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say that someone in the time-span of 10 Hours (Even though the X-Wings arrived far sooner then 10 hours) this happened

Kylo Ren:

Kylo's Scar was healed, His Bow-Caster wound was healed, His various Light-Saber wounds from Rey were healed, his training was completed/Cancelled, His scar changed places

Hux:

Hux somehow grew Obi-Wan Lamb Chops, changed outfits, somehow organized a massive fleet

Finn:

His lengthy Saber burn to the Shoulder that Kylo inflicted on him has totally healed, Finn's back-wound is totally fine now

Snoke:

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Oh thanks man, I already had a wealth of issues and gripes with this movie but now you've just dumped a whole load of new hot steaming issues into my lap. Every time I think it can't get worse someone brings up something else that made ZERO SENSE.

Seriously though

You can't tell me that having a giant flare of Plasma through your shoulder is going to heal in a few hours or even a day

Also another huge plot hole is that Finn was struck in the back all the way through the middle so uhh....

In a world where people can survive getting cut off half lying and lying in lava limbless its really not that to believe.

Also stitching being on the wrong side is a slight costume error, not a plot hole. You're upset Snoke changed clothes and is in a room you werent shown in TFA? These are nitpicks at best.
  • koprich
    1438 posts Member
    Both were enormous commercial successes. So much so that Disney has put in place to do another movie per year for almost the next decade.

Safe to say they’re not killing Star Wars. You just don’t like them.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member

Kylo Ren:

Hux:

Finn:

Snoke:

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Seriously though

In a world where people can survive getting cut off half lying and lying in lava limbless its really not that to believe.

Also stitching being on the wrong side is a slight costume error, not a plot hole. You're upset Snoke changed clothes and is in a room you werent shown in TFA? These are nitpicks at best.

These are major Plot details Finn being struck down the back was a big plot point at the end of TFA and the fact they somehow messed it up is not nitpicky

It's called simply watch the previous film

And don't give me that "But, but Maul Survived" no I'm not questioning their survival at all. I'm simply expecting the injuries they sustained in the final seconds of THE PRIOR FILM to have had a residual effect on the IMMEDIATE Sequel

And yes I'm asking why Snoke looks so different not only does he have new Clothes, but a new Body and a new throne room

None of this is explained

They did miss a major opportunity to develop Kylo with these injuries but they ultimately threw that away as well
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again

• BatmansAGeordie
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Kylo Ren:

Hux:

Finn:

Snoke:

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Seriously though

These are major Plot details Finn being struck down the back was a big plot point at the end of TFA and the fact they somehow messed it up is not nitpicky

And don't give me that "But, but Maul Survived" no I'm not questioning their survival at all. I'm simply expecting the injuries they sustained in the final seconds of THE PRIOR FILM to have had a residual effect on the IMMEDIATE Sequel

And yes I'm asking why Snoke looks so different not only does he have new Clothes, but a new Body and a new throne room

They did miss a major opportunity to develop Kylo with these injuries but they ultimately threw that away as well

You literally see Finn in a coma attatched to a medical machine and Kylo getting his wound stitched. Their injuries are clearly acknowledged and the side the stitching is on is not a big plot point. I. Whether it is the right or left side is not important to the plot at all.

Snoke looks different because he is no longer just a hologram. We didnt see him in a throne room in TFA because we didnt see him a room at all, since he was only a hologram. Luke wore different clothes in Empire, does Empire suck because of it?
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    The timeline was a plothole because TLJ started immediately after TFA ended.

The resistance ran out of supplies too fast, injuries healing over night, the New Republic just immediately collapsing all happened too fast.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Kylo Ren:

Hux:

Finn:

Snoke:

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Seriously though

You literally see Finn in a coma attatched to a medical machine and Kylo getting his wound stitched. Their injuries are clearly acknowledged and the side the stitching is on is not a big plot point. I. Whether it is the right or left side is not important to the plot at all.

Snoke looks different because he is no longer just a hologram. We didnt see him in a throne room in TFA because we didnt see him a room at all, since he was only a hologram. Luke wore different clothes in Empire, does Empire suck because of it?

To be honest, the only thing I find weird regarding Snoke is how inconsistent he looks compared to TFA. I am not talking about him being a hologram in TFA, etc, but how entirely different his head shape is in TLJ, compared to his hologram appearance in TFA. His whole overall look, presence an demeanor are entirely different.

Not a nitpick, just aknowledgig this. I love TLJ (have seen it 7 times so far).
  • valeri0706 wrote: »

Kylo Ren:

Hux:

Finn:

Snoke:

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Seriously though

To be honest, the only thing I find weird regarding Snoke is how inconsistent he looks compared to TFA. I am not talking about him being a hologram in TFA, etc, but how entirely different his head shape is in TLJ, compared to his hologram appearance in TFA. His whole overall look, presence an demeanor are entirely different.

Not a nitpick, just aknowledgig this. I love TLJ (have seen it 7 times so far).

I honestly didnt think (notice) he looked any different and I watched TFA a couple of days before seeing TLJ. I am taking my kids see it sometime this week so I will keep an eye out for it though.

Kylo Ren:

Hux:

Finn:

Snoke:

Knights Of Ren:

They don't exist

Seriously though

Kylo has no wound from Chewie's shot to his side. The scar moved. Fin got his back sliced, as well as his shoulder stabbed. And I don't care how potent Bacta can heal people; if you have a serious injury like a saber cutting you along your spine, Bacta ain't doing much for that. I may help to heal the skin and some of the damage, but it couldn't do much for Vader, who had some serious burns. And you see how much that helps him. So, how would that really help Finn, whose back was cut diagonally across?

And there was 3 yrs between ANH and TESB. With this film, there was almost no time skip (kinda like how RO goes right into ANH). So, if Luke didn't change his clothes all that time, I'd be worried.

Nice try though.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • For now IX is not interesting, maybe a much bigger Starkiller Base 2.0 will appear.
    RELIVE THE PAST
    The knights of Gareth will rule
    4e8cbce43c2fe3a660f5599efbe18e88-jpg.jpg?width=1200&height=450
  • A lot of people bring up the prequels as an argument but that is really a moot point. After George Lucas rebranded A New hope as number IV, the precursors were already in the loop as being a part of the complete story. So like them or not they were there for a reason.

Cue this:

There is no episode VII...

Disney's Star Wars are not here due to a reason. Their reason is greed, cash, money, ka-ching, $$$$$. As we all know quantity > quality right?. A movie a year is sure to be cinematic masterpieces. In addition they deleted the entire expanded universe that actually had a lot of good stories that could easily be transfered to the big screen.

Lying straight to George Lucas face (0:45 in the video)

What does she do instead? Kill them all off and instead and make Star Wars into SJW hyperbole.

So the answer to the original posters topic: Are episodes 7-9 killing Star Wars? YES!!! Their very existence is not rooted from a love of the franchise. It is all about money and political agendas.
  • A lot of people bring up the prequels as an argument but that is really a moot point. After George Lucas rebranded A New hope as number IV, the precursors were already in the loop as being a part of the complete story. So like them or not they were there for a reason.

Cue this:

There is no episode VII...

Disney's Star Wars are not here due to a reason. Their reason is greed, cash, money, ka-ching, $$$$$. As we all know quantity > quality right?. A movie a year is sure to be cinematic masterpieces. In addition they deleted the entire expanded universe that actually had a lot of good stories that could easily be transfered to the big screen.

Lying straight to George Lucas face (0:45 in the video)

What does she do instead? Kill them all off and instead and make Star Wars into SJW hyperbole.

So the answer to the original posters topic: Are episodes 7-9 killing Star Wars? YES!!! Their very existence is not rooted from a love of the franchise. It is all about money and political agendas.
  • SancticuS wrote: »
    c0be6eb9f47e6d2f0b43818a644e1d9a05c9b8c9d44b95033948440a13bebc75.png

archerfilmfestival-web-img_4330_-_h_2017.jpg

1480955116491.png

10403955_1934113406813225_6073288777188763275_o.jpg

In an interview with Charlie Rose, George Lucas spoke about everything from his and Disney’s branching vision to the deal itself. Lucas, who has always been protective of his series and even refers to them as his “kids,” hasn’t been looking back well on the deal with Disney (via Collider).“I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things, and…,” Lucas said before laughing and deciding it better not to finish.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has admitted his ideas for a new trilogy of films were ignored by studio Disney after he sold all rights to the long-running space opera saga in October 2012.The film-maker told USA Today last week that he planned to shoot episode seven of the series – since retooled by JJ Abrams as Star Wars: The Force Awakens – and release it in May this year. He also provided treatments for three new films. But in a new interview with Cinema Blend Lucas revealed that none of his ideas made the final screenplay for Abrams’ debut turn in the director’s chair. “The ones that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn’t really want to do those,” said Lucas. “So they made up their own. So it’s not the ones that I originally wrote [on screen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens].”

It is not Star Wars anymore. It is SJW Wars

Oi, of course. Its never long before the butt hurt white guy brigade shows up ready to bring the entire discourse down with their victim fantasy.
  • BeepBoop wrote: »
    lmao. Is that a real quote?

That's hilarious. He looked around and saw a room of white people and had a liberal existential crisis. What a ****.

It is a quote from his podcast on By The Way in 2013 with Jeff Garlin. The room he talked about was after attending the Emmy awards.

We wrote these characters but when we went to cast it, one of the things I had felt, having been to the Emmys a couple times — you look around that room and you see the whitest ***** room in the history of time. Its just unbelievably white. And I just thought, we’re casting this show and we have an opportunity to do anything we want, why not cast the show with actors of color?

Now change the word "white" with just about any other ethnicity and you would be erased of this planet immediately.

He also along with fellow crew members of Star Trek wrote a open letter against Trump in 2016.

Never has there been a presidential candidate who stands in such complete opposition to the ideals of the Star Trek universe as Donald Trump.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-live-updates-trailguide-87-trekkies-including-j-j-abrams-and-1475171870-htmlstory.html

but of course there is no political motives or agendas anywhere just simple movie making and butt hurt white guys.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Politics is like a disease, it infects everything. Nothing, not even movies made for enjoyment and a way to escape problems temporarily can be free from politics and or political messages. It’s sad.

It’s like what mark hamill said, People want to watch movies like these because they are so different and take place in another galaxy. It’s like a temporary escape from the problems of the world. Politics of any kind really just needs to stay out.
  • RookieOne
    66 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    koprich wrote: »
    Both were enormous commercial successes. So much so that Disney has put in place to do another movie per year for almost the next decade.

Safe to say they’re not killing Star Wars. You just don’t like them.

Reminds me of Assassin's Creed Origins, CoD, and any other annual franchise. Push it till sales expose burn out, then hide it for awhile till the withdrawals exceed common sense... rinse and repeat.

*on midichlorians: My theory is George decided some kind of SciFi explanation would steer any comparisons with religious dogma away from discussion. Increasing sales by way of decreasing religious association. Fanatics spend money too.

Those Tshirts pictured above hit me the wrong way. After consideration, it is the concept of 'ownership' of the force. It's like wearing a shirt and placing anything of your choosing instead of 'Female'. With the recent controversy, using the word Female feels more like trolling from up on high. 'Yawn' Try wearing one that says "the Force is *****", and check the looks you get.......

I didn't know the name for a males seed was considered taboo... sorry
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Politics is like a disease, it infects everything. Nothing, not even movies made for enjoyment and a way to escape problems temporarily can be free from politics and or political messages. It’s sad.

It’s like what mark hamill said, People want to watch movies like these because they are so different and take place in another galaxy. It’s like a temporary escape from the problems of the world. Politics of any kind really just needs to stay out.

Unfortunately we live in a world where that is literally impossible.

You make a new trilogy without a woman as the protagonist, that's going to be political, as in "So out of decades of movies and a trilogy of trilogies....a woman can't be the main character?" You do case a woman as the main character and all of the MRA and butt hurt male types come crawling out yelling "mary sue" and caling it political correctness. You make a universe that is like 99% white people and the stark absence of racial minorities starts to really stand out. You introduce a black main character and start sprinkling in more ethnic diversity in the background characters and suddenly you're pushing a liberal agenda.

No way to keep politics out of anything. At least not until we reach a point where the racial makeup of any particular movie or fantasy universe is not worth noticing or mentioning because racial disparity is no longer a salient part of the zeitgiest, but I would say we are least a few more lifetimes away from that being the case, and people making a huge fuss when diversity is included is a big part of why it's still a big deal. If nobody gave a ***** that they added a woman and a black guy and didn't think twice about it, we wouldn't have these problems.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Hensatri wrote: »

You make a new trilogy without a woman as the protagonist, that's going to be political, as in "So out of decades of movies and a trilogy of trilogies....a woman can't be the main character?" You do case a woman as the main character and all of the MRA and butt hurt male types come crawling out yelling "mary sue" and caling it political correctness. You make a universe that is like 99% white people and the stark absence of racial minorities starts to really stand out. You introduce a black main character and start sprinkling in more ethnic diversity in the background characters and suddenly you're pushing a liberal agenda.

No way to keep politics out of anything. At least not until we reach a point where the racial makeup of any particular movie or fantasy universe is not worth noticing or mentioning because racial disparity is no longer a salient part of the zeitgiest, but I would say we are least a few more lifetimes away from that being the case, and people making a huge fuss when diversity is included is a big part of why it's still a big deal. If nobody gave a **** that they added a woman and a black guy and didn't think twice about it, we wouldn't have these problems.

It might start to change quickly.

Take out TLJ and Hollywoood had an awful year because people are tired of it.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

No way to keep politics out of anything. At least not until we reach a point where the racial makeup of any particular movie or fantasy universe is not worth noticing or mentioning because racial disparity is no longer a salient part of the zeitgiest, but I would say we are least a few more lifetimes away from that being the case, and people making a huge fuss when diversity is included is a big part of why it's still a big deal. If nobody gave a **** that they added a woman and a black guy and didn't think twice about it, we wouldn't have these problems.

*eyeroll*

Suuuure, that's gotta be it.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member

*eyeroll*

Suuuure, that's gotta be it.

Same issue the NFL is having, we don't want to listen to the progressive agenda in our entertainment.

h846398gb27k.png

• Hensatri wrote: »
    If nobody gave a **** that they added a woman and a black guy and didn't think twice about it, we wouldn't have these problems.

Well they gave a **** about it and constantly nagged about it since A New hope from 1977. So instead of making movies it has become about filling quotas to fill the diversity multicultural dream. Bollywood and India produce the most movies a year. Do they fill them with white, asian, blacks?, nope.... Same with asian countries. Do they have quotas for white guys, black guys, indians? Nope. Only in the western world this is seen as a problem.

I find it funny that liberals claim that people have a big problem with race and gender yet all they talk about is race and gender. When everybody then make a issue of race and gender they get surprised. Gee I wonder why. Keep ramming it down everybodys throat. It sure helps.
  • I think the prequels were enough for me to realise that SW is the first 3 movies and a lot of the EU. The rest are just meh, with some being worse than meh.

I still have my best memories from the movies 77,80,83, The heir to the empire 1992, KOTOR 1 2003 and kotor 2 2004 finishing with Star Wars Galaxies 2005.

I hate the prequels and I hate TLJ.

SW will never die, but it is in danger of becoming meh unless they get someone with a plan and vision.

I can understand your disliking of the prequels. There is one thing though that I noticed alot of people have trouble doing that makes at least one moment good. If you'll bear with me for a moment imagine when you watch them that that you've only seen the ones before it. The Obi-Wan vs Anakin fight. It's established in episode 1 that's they'll kill Jedi main characters no problem with Qui-Gon. Just that fight seems amazing to me when you look at it from that perspective. Two people who are like brothers fighting for what they believe is right, the emotion that has to go into that. If you can pretend like you don't know how it's going to turn out before hand, its just really intense. I at least appreciate that.
  • Poe Dameron is no Wedge Antilles.