criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Instant Action & PvE Feedback

Replies

• Blazur wrote: »
    Blazur, If their is one thing worse than a troll, it's a corporate apologist gamer and you qualify as both. You're a perfect example of what I loathe about the gaming community.

Since we're sharing what we loathe, I'll tell you all how much I hate people who are blindly entitled. You've been given SP content when none of it was even necessary and still you don't appreciate that. Some of you will never be satisfied, and will spend months whining about this game and the developers despite how generous they've been to a very small audience which doesn't help their bottom line and goes against the philosophies of EA.

I've been openly critical of this game where it matters, but at the same time are pragmatic with my criticism. You all are fighting for something which is not in their long term plans and never has been. You are the kind of people that would argue the sky isn't blue. And yet you'll still buy the next game too.

That is why you fail.

I love playing Skirmish and Arcade with friends via split screen. I am hoping to be able to fight as and against heroes and ships in split screen co op so I ask for the AI and mode to do so. I appreciate Arcade (and Skirmish from the last game). When I said this in the past, you told me "Skirmish sucks and I know it". Asking for them to add more content is not a lack of appreciation. The devs said at the beginning of this game that they were going to care for offline as well as online gamers. This makes us an audience. There are enough offline gamers that adding the offline content would help their bottom line far more than you think. If offline gamers were not going to help their bottomline Criterion would have never adjusted their DLC plans in response to offline requests.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Blazur, If their is one thing worse than a troll, it's a corporate apologist gamer and you qualify as both. You're a perfect example of what I loathe about the gaming community.

Since we're sharing what we loathe, I'll tell you all how much I hate people who are blindly entitled. You've been given SP content when none of it was even necessary and still you don't appreciate that. Some of you will never be satisfied, and will spend months whining about this game and the developers despite how generous they've been to a very small audience which doesn't help their bottom line and goes against the philosophies of EA.

I've been openly critical of this game where it matters, but at the same time are pragmatic with my criticism. You all are fighting for something which is not in their long term plans and never has been. You are the kind of people that would argue the sky isn't blue. And yet you'll still buy the next game too.

That is why you fail.

I love playing Skirmish and Arcade with friends via split screen. I am hoping to be able to fight as and against heroes and ships in split screen co op so I ask for the AI and mode to do so. I appreciate Arcade (and Skirmish from the last game). When I said this in the past, you told me "Skirmish sucks and I know it". Asking for them too add more content is not a lack of appreciation. The devs said at the beginning of this game that they were going to care for offline as well as online gamers. This makes us an audience. There are enough offline gamers that adding the offline content would help their bottom line far more than you think. If offline gamers were not going to help their bottomline Criterion would have never adjusted their DLC plans in response to offline requests.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • TheBearShow1
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Just got done with a session ofArcade. I had so much fun! Please add the rest of the maps; great times. I know they are the basic blast maps, but every location is important to me. Plus with the new optioons in Arcade I can customize pretty well. Criterion or who is ever in charge please add the remaining maps plus the future blast variants of Crait and whatever comes down the pipeline Thanks!
  • I hope they add online co op so maybe some of us could game together as well!
  • Just played online again and OMG. The glitching the ones standing there doing nothing. The bubble shield commanders. The call of duty noob. The I will walk in a circle in front of my own team to block the shot. The hero warrior how the heck you get the hero 3 times in a roll?

This is why I want the big game modes offline and should of had it yesterday. People unknowing can elf up a good game.
  • We must not lose hope. Criterion knows what's up. Arcade is glorious
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    We must not lose hope. Criterion knows what's up. Arcade is glorious

I don't wanna lose hope but give me something now! I hate playing online! I hate it with all my being. I need sfa GA and all blast maps and strike maps and hvv maps for blast offline.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »

I don't wanna lose hope but give me something now! I hate playing online! I hate it with all my being. I need sfa GA and all blast maps and strike maps and hvv maps for blast offline.

Same here boss. I'd like to believe it's coming this year :)
  • Saruman5000
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Beaver wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »

Then don't name this game Battlefront. People are expecting that this game like old BF has same amount of online and offline content. In new BF offline like 1/5 of online.

All we got just some simple pew pew mode with 10 vs 10. So get lost.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Beaver wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »

Says the one yelling like a little kid. I think you are the one that needs to grow up.

They brought this on themselves when they named it Battlefront. If they wanted to make a Battlefront game than they should have made an actual BATTLEFRONT GAME!

What they did is use the name of a series everyone loved and then made it totally different!

That is known as FALSE ADVERTIZEMENT which is actually Illegal in most countries that the game is sold.

It's like the differences in Destiny and Destiny 2 or the Mass Effect Trilogy and then Andromeda.

They both had potential to be much better than the originals but ended up worse!
  • SAM4XE
    350 posts Member
    edited January 2018

It's the likes of you and Blazur who are acting like spoilt brats, tbh! Mocking and attacking other gamers because they want a deeper and more content rich offline just shows how selfish and narrow minded many online purists really are. Online games come and go but a good single player experience can last for years.
  • to be honest asking for a simple Offline mode for 3 years and Devs still not delivering shows how much they really care.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    to be honest asking for a simple Offline mode for 3 years and Devs still not delivering shows how much they really care.

I always found it funny they kept saying "no we here what you guys wanted for offline, we want all players to he happy!"
    And dont get me wrong arcade is better, but they forgot half the maps lol, and the 2 things they put in last game that they knew we wanted- A large scale battle mode and space battles, were missing. Whats more puzzling is how Criterion did Arcade and SF Assault, yet the own mode they made, bots included, isnt present...

I dont think its the fact they dont care, considering Criterion jumped back on to give us more, its the fact they probly didnt have the time.

We all saw in the beta files how Arcade wasnt even finished, it was still missing all the Battle Scenarios with 4 weeks till launch.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Aris1368 wrote: »
    to be honest asking for a simple Offline mode for 3 years and Devs still not delivering shows how much they really care.

I always found it funny they kept saying "no we here what you guys wanted for offline, we want all players to he happy!"
    And dont get me wrong arcade is better, but they forgot half the maps lol, and the 2 things they put in last game that they knew we wanted- A large scale battle mode and space battles, were missing. Whats more puzzling is how Criterion did Arcade and SF Assault, yet the own mode they made, bots included, isnt present...

I dont think its the fact they dont care, considering Criterion jumped back on to give us more, its the fact they probly didnt have the time.

We all saw in the beta files how Arcade wasnt even finished, it was still missing all the Battle Scenarios with 4 weeks till launch.

when you also couple the issues that online has had since launch, the rubberbanding, the lag causing people's frame rate to go nuts(no its not my Gcard,) the audio just going all over the place (clone commander vo going on for empire and rebels) the shadows going nuts and hoth turning green, not to mention the LAAT causing people to fly in the map in kashyyyk, ( i got booted out then was able to walk in the sky, like what the bantha poodoo) really feels like this game is a step down from the 2015 version, even though this game has clone wars and weapon mods, it just feels way less polished then 2015 was coming out, which is even more sad, because this one also has a better arcade mode then 2015, makes you feel like battlefront 2 was on a lower budget

which with the micro trans being taken out (though EA might bring it back since they said it was only temporary) leads me to believe that honestly whatever content that was planned is either going to lose quality or be more centered on microtransactions.

which makes me more worried, because this is the second star wars game we have received since the rights to use star wars were given to EA, and with this games level of polish and attention, makes you worried that any game that follows if it comes will be given the same amount of polish given to this one, yes we have one star wars game in development (thats singleplayer?) i think thats the respawn one, not visceral since that got canned, but if EA allowed battlefront 2 to ship in the condition it launched makes me wonder if the respawn one will even go through quality assurance.

i would love for battlefront 2 to succeed as i enjoy star wars games alot but at this point i have no idea, people have tried giving them ideas such as customizations, game modes, and bugs, but alot of them appear to simply go unanswered so at this point, idk mang
    rjbq42y5wxoj.gif
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1390 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Could someone with Twitter ask Criterion for an update?
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    Could someone with Twitter ask Criterion for an update?

Sent them a well written Twitter message about this.

Hopefully they can reply to it.

Dont need details but we do need to know if Galactic and Starfighter Assaults are ever going to be added to Arcade!
  • General feedback, questions on Arcade.

Will Criterion be apart of the weekly questions next week?

Can we expect the remaining maps added to Arcade? I would love to see them added.

What is the easiest/efficient way to have every location? I would rather see every small map added, versus they can't add GA and then do nothing at all for Arcade. I think SA and the Arcade now would be perfect if every infantry map comes to Arcade.

Is Crieterion able to give us a est time table for new content? Could we possibly get a Crieterion come into single player discussion and have a dialogue with us for a short time. Thank you for your time Commuity Manger/Mods

Can we expect the remaining maps added to Arcade? I would love to see them added.

What is the easiest/efficient way to have every location? I would rather see every small map added, versus they can't add GA and then do nothing at all for Arcade. I think SA and the Arcade now would be perfect if every infantry map comes to Arcade.

Is Crieterion able to give us a est time table for new content? Could we possibly get a Crieterion come into single player discussion and have a dialogue with us for a short time. Thank you for your time Commuity Manger/Mods

I'd want GA. That way you can use the vehicles, starfighters, heroes, and infantry whenever you want. Already been playing the missing blast maps with pc mods in arcade and they're alright, but not as good as GA.
  • I want more maps and SA so I can fully get offline when I lag. I want to play the game and not have to rely on online to get the full experience. When the lag and camping kicks in.
  • TheBearShow1
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Bobawest wrote: »
    General feedback, questions on Arcade.

I'd want GA. That way you can use the vehicles, starfighters, heroes, and infantry whenever you want. Already been playing the missing blast maps with pc mods in arcade and they're alright, but not as good as GA.

I do as well. I just remember last game we didn't get anything after the first wave of Skimish. Not blast or any other type of game play. I don't have a pc so I want to play those remaining maps. Believe me when I say I want them all as well, but I would rather have every location with the blast version of the map verses nothing at all. I do like the blast maps as well.
    Post edited by TheBearShow1 on
  • Bobawest wrote: »
    General feedback, questions on Arcade.

GA with hero Ai would be epic!

When and where are these weekly questions? Thanks.
  • WHERE IN THE HELL IS SKIRMISH
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1390 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    WHERE IN THE **** IS SKIRMISH

The Devs renamed it Arcade. They are adding more to Arcade; however, what and when is unknown. Rumor has it SA is in the works. Hopefully, more modes will show up as well.

• Im afraid that this game's offline portion will fail as well-and the big offline focus would be in Battlefront 3.But that would be too late, I won't be buying the sequel because they said the same things for this game as well.
  • For me its important to get a full offline experience. Why do i have to play online to use vehicles for example the GAP. I want to use vehicles offline. Even if they dont add Galactic Assault. They could add larger maps where we can play the vehicles
  • Aris1368 wrote: »
    Im afraid that this game's offline portion will fail as well-and the big offline focus would be in Battlefront 3.But that would be too late, I won't be buying the sequel because they said the same things for this game as well.

I'd encourage waiting until Criterion makes an announcement before taking that stance.
  • Help us criterion, you're our only hope
  • Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • @Sledgehammer70

Thanks for the formal response. Good to know this thread isn't falling on deaf ears. Thanks for your work.
  • Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.

Thanks for the reply @Sledgehammer70 !!!

Now if you want to give a hint at what is coming without outright telling us can you please post in the Arcade feedback thread where we are asking for Starfighter and Galactic Assaults to be added to Arcade.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.

Now if you want to give a hint at what is coming without outright telling us can you please post in the Arcade feedback thread where we are asking for Starfighter and Galactic Assaults to be added to Arcade.

As mentioned earlier, new game content will mostly arrive with our Season updates. Season 2 is coming, and we will reveal what sort of content, activities, etc. will be within very soon.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
    Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.

As mentioned earlier, new game content will mostly arrive with our Season updates. Season 2 is coming, and we will reveal what sort of content, activities, etc. will be within very soon.

Thanks so much! My thanks to all who are contributing. You are all appreciated very much. I don't have the adequate words to show my true appreciation. I am looking forward to what is coming.
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1390 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Jesbro wrote: »

Epic replies! Thanks so much, Sledge. How long do they wait in between seasons?

Thanks so much! My thanks to all who are contributing. You are all appreciated very much. I don't have the adequate words to show my true appreciation. I am looking forward to what is coming.

I am in the same boat. I knew in Time This game would become one of the best Star wars games. Good work Dice (everyone else involved)
  • I kno

I am in the same boat. I knew in Time This game would become one of the best Star wars games. Good work Dice (everyone else involved)

Yes!
  • I habe been reassured that Arcade will be good this next season from Sledgehammer's comments. If Anakin is in, then the flex maps should follow, especially in regards to Coruscant. A Jedi hunt mode would bring me back to this game, but offline Conquest would blow me away, but that would be possible later.
  • My hope is that at least in some form we get the remaining maps. If it's SA & or only the remaimg maps for Arcade I will be grateful. I want to play the other locations in some fashion in Arcade. I would love to see online co op at some point as well. It is fun speculating what is coming.
  • I 'm hoping for hero AI and SA.

Big thank you @Sledgehammer70 for the response.

It's good to hear that the team is working on more offline and what a tease about Season 2 ;)

As someone who plays Arcade and Multiplayer this is great to hear. Arcade is falling behind and really needs a large game mode with vehicles, starfighters, and heroes on large maps. I would love to also see online co-op or pvp in Arcade as well. Thanks for the update, and I'm looking forward to the next season.
  • @Sledgehammer70

Ok you seriously need to add Starfighter and Galactic Assaults as soon as possible to Arcade with the custom options!

Me and my brother just came up with a fun competition to do with it!

Option for this is max 999 reinforcements for attackers on all phases but the rest is left at Default.

You take turns playing solo on the same map as the defenders on the hardest difficulty and the goal is to last longer than the people doing this with you.

We already do this with different heroes and troopers in the current Onslaught mode but imagine doing it on the scale of Starfighter Assault or Galactic Assault as the defenders on ALL of the maps ???

You and your army of Clones, Rebels, etc holding out as long as you can against armies that never stop coming in a battle you will never win unless you get through all 999 reinforcements before they complete their objectives !!!

During the battle on the ground there are vehicles on both sides such as the droid tanks or Imperial Chicken Walkers while starfighters dogfight overhead and strafe enemy positions and sometimes the player depending on which sides the fighters are on.

And in space there are fighters, interceptors, and bombers everywhere fighting while you try to defend the objectives from enemy AI attackers.

This is what Star Wars Battlefront is all about and we should be able to experience it all offline in Arcade as well !!!
  • Gamma_Flight_Crew
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Hey @Sledgehammer70 ,

Thanks for reaching back with us over in the arcade forum! I hope all is well. Thanks for hearing our requests for more offline content. Creating my very first forum account just for this game back in November 2015, I've been reading & posting into these forums for awhile. I feel like if there is one thing in common among the offline requests, it's the ability to shape the battle through their own actions or simply "being the main character in the battle".

While multiplayer provides moments like this, it's still a competition for those moments (which are rewarding since you're playing against real people) & It's fine because competition is fun sport. However, I feel like Multiplayer elements can pull away some of the heroic Star Wars moments that can only be flourished in Campaign or Offline Modes. I look forward to what the developers bring to the table in the second season both offline and online. Thank you!
    -A convoluted signature

• Things appear to be lining up quite well.

1) Some_Info says Skirmish will come Q1 of 2018
    2) Criterion games begins responding to the request for more offline content. (Hint they already knew) ;) <3
    3) Sledgehammer actually replies in this thread, and in the offline section of this forum saying that more offline and online content is being worked on... Note that it's this section of the forum he's been active in.

Conclusion:

Old Luke skin confirmed as skin 2019! Err... Potential Skimish coming finally? I think so. ;)
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

Hey @Sledgehammer70 ,

Thanks for reaching back with us over in the arcade forum! I hope all is well. Thanks for hearing our requests for more offline content. Creating my very first forum account just for this game back in November 2015, I've been reading & posting into these forums for awhile. I feel like if there is one thing in common among the offline requests, it's the ability to shape the battle through their own actions or simply "being the main character in the battle".

While multiplayer provides moments like this, it's still a competition for those moments (which are rewarding since you're playing against real people) & It's fine because competition is fun sport. However, I feel like Multiplayer elements can pull away some of the heroic Star Wars moments that can only be flourished in Campaign or Offline Modes. I look forward to what the developers bring to the table in the second season both offline and online. Thank you!

What did Sledge say in the Arcade forum?
  • Glad to hear the offline part of the game is going to get some more attention. SA will be epic in offline mode and I hope we get the other game types also. I might be the only one but I also hope we get to see Zay's story at some point too. I actually enjoyed the SP campaign. Keep up the good work!
  • I so can't wait for large scale ground battles and space battles. I'm so done with online all the time!
  • TheBearShow1
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I am excited for future content, but we do not yet know what is coming. I don't want any map left behind this time. So if we are getting SA or GA that is awesome, but if they can't bring them all at once, perhaps we could get the GA versions of maps we do not have in Arcade. Or maybe they are bringing SA and filling out the blast versions of the remains maps similar to what we have now. All I know is I missed the Outer Rim, Bespin, DS, and Rogue One in Skirmish. I know we all have our request, but with dev time and resources bringing a least of every piece of every location is important. Or else it will be like last time with Skirmish being only being a little more than a third of the maps with no doc that ever made it.

I guess what I am trying to say is if they have to give us some small maps for times sake, please give us every location (a map variant) so we can play all the locations and Season respective heroes on our favorite planets. I love GA and the big maps, but if there has to be a combination of both to see every location that is fine by me. I don't want to miss out on the DS2, Jakku, Endor, Hoth, Kashyyyk, Crait, or any of the future content. As always I would love to see online co op so we can play with our friends.

• TheBearShow1
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    No maps left behind this time. There is different sections of planets depending on the mode you play, but I would like to get at least one version of each this time. If we have to have a combination of SA, GA, and Blast maps to see all of them for time restraints then that is fine by me. What I don't wanna see is maybe one or two GA maps come and then nothing for the remainder of the game. I wanna play at every planet, and the future heroes that are linked with them. Last time Skirmish missed out on the whole dlc season pass. Let's give them some room so they can bring every location, even if they have to make some large and small maps for time's sake.

Online Co Op Please!
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1390 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    joeybmx7 wrote: »
    Things appear to be lining up quite well.

1) Some_Info says Skirmish will come Q1 of 2018
    2) Criterion games begins responding to the request for more offline content. (Hint they already knew) ;) <3
    3) Sledgehammer actually replies in this thread, and in the offline section of this forum saying that more offline and online content is being worked on... Note that it's this section of the forum he's been active in.

Conclusion:

Old Luke skin confirmed as skin 2019! Err... Potential Skimish coming finally? I think so. ;)

I hope you are right. I would love Skirmish to return!