criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Why do attackers insist on taking the path of most resistance .

Almost all of the GA maps have 4 or 5 routes to the objective yet people always seem to insist on taking the path that is most heavily defended. Doesn’t common sense tell one to go around and take a different avenue. You are almost assured of finding a minimally and sometimes completely undefended route. What am I missing here?

Replies

• Almost all of the GA maps have 4 or 5 routes to the objective yet people always seem to insist on taking the path that is most heavily defended. Doesn’t common sense tell one to go around and take a different avenue. You are almost assured of finding a minimally and sometimes completely undefended route. What am I missing here?

Those are the same people who don't go to objectives. They just don't think. I see this a lot on Death Star II.
  • Because it is programmed to people's minds that you must find enemy to get kills and kills will give you score. More score and higher K/D = better player. No worries about the objective.
  • My favorite is when 15 of my teammates run through that meat grinder hallway on Yavin 4 that leads to the middle of the first objective.

It's funny because there are just so many other ways to get there, but they're like sheep that just follow others to the quickest route.
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    Shush... I’m having a good time.
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • Yeah, let’s keep this thread to ourselves. Lol
  • Lemmings. Lemmings everywhere...

dOMin3O_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Endor is my favorite example of this behavior. The entire team will rush right into the bunker, wave after wave, funneling into those two narrow tunnels until the entire 100 tickets are gone. Meanwhile literally four, maybe five, people will work their way around to the usually minimally guarded Fuel Station and Walker Bay, trying desperately to turn them on while the rest of their team die like fools. Sometimes if these four players are successful, destroying the Fuel Station, they'll circle into the bunker from behind, flanking the defendersand allowing their braindead teammates to rush and turn on the objective, as if they actually accomplished rather than needlessly burned up tickets smashing their heads against a brick wall.
  • Endor is my favorite example of this behavior. The entire team will rush right into the bunker, wave after wave, funnelling into those two narrow tunnels until the entire 100 tickets are gone. Meanwhile literally four, maybe five, people will work their way around to the usually minimally guarded Fuel Station and Walker Bay, trying desperately to turn them on while the rest of their team die like fools. Sometimes if these four players are successful, destroying the Fuel Station, they'll circle into the bunker from behind, flanking the defenders and allowing their braindead teammates to rush and turn on the objective, as if they actually accomplished rather than needlessly burned up tickets smashing their heads against a brick wall.

you just told all the people who have never played Endor(me myself and I)/ are bad at it the best strategy thanks!!!
  • Endor is my favorite example of this behavior. The entire team will rush right into the bunker, wave after wave, funnelling into those two narrow tunnels until the entire 100 tickets are gone. Meanwhile literally four, maybe five, people will work their way around to the usually minimally guarded Fuel Station and Walker Bay, trying desperately to turn them on while the rest of their team die like fools. Sometimes if these four players are successful, destroying the Fuel Station, they'll circle into the bunker from behind, flanking the defenders and allowing their braindead teammates to rush and turn on the objective, as if they actually accomplished rather than needlessly burned up tickets smashing their heads against a brick wall.

you just told all the people who have never played Endor(me myself and I)/ are bad at it the best strategy thanks!!!

It’s more like common sense than best strategy
  • FullyFokused
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    BeepBoop wrote: »
    Endor is my favorite example of this behavior. The entire team will rush right into the bunker, wave after wave, funneling into those two narrow tunnels until the entire 100 tickets are gone. Meanwhile literally four, maybe five, people will work their way around to the usually minimally guarded Fuel Station and Walker Bay, trying desperately to turn them on while the rest of their team die like fools. Sometimes if these four players are successful, destroying the Fuel Station, they'll circle into the bunker from behind, flanking the defendersand allowing their braindead teammates to rush and turn on the objective, as if they actually accomplished rather than needlessly burned up tickets smashing their heads against a brick wall.

Not to mention that saving the middle objective for last is really bad cus its super hard to take usually.

A couple tips for that first phase of Endor for anyone who may be interested:
    -Once you cap the fuel station you can head towards the forest then cut across the walker path and up a dirt hill that lets you either flank the middle objective or gun down the guys running back to reinforce the objective.
    -From the top of the hill above the computer station you can jump on top of the catwalk that a lot of the enemy team uses to both get back to the computer station and snipe from. This is a good place to gun down reinforcements before they make it back to the computer station. Also, once all three are capped you can stay on top of the catwalk and run all the way down towards the forest. If you are there before the final cap finishes the entire enemy team will run directly beneath you and you can gun them down easily. Maybe one or two will turn to shoot back but most just keep running and you are too close for them to get away in time.
  • bfloo
    15936 posts Member
    Shhhh, leave my targets running down the same hallway every 20 seconds alone. ;)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• A couple tips for that first phase of Endor for anyone who may be interested:

For rebels, in the first 30 seconds or so, run over the hill instead of into the tunnel, Check from above if enemies are still on their way into the Computer station. Activate Vanguard, jump down and flank the whole group preparing for your teammates.

• Sometimes...it's just fun to bask in the glory of battle. With a decent sound and video card - add surround sound, it's a sight to behold and hear.
  • Can we get a better and much more clear path system for the atst's on maps like endor. It's a literal nightmare to take fire from all angles and not be able to move around. Forget braindead teammates when the terrain is so lousy you constantly get stuck on everything (including stuff you could easily overcome irl comparatively) and the only true option is to go head on into the gauntlet for a rapid death or just retreat until outnumbered and boxed in.

If someone/anyone has a path map for atst's on maps like jakku, endor, tat, etc that have severely limited mobility that would be greatly appreciated as so far most of the time even with kills the armor is a joke to be using because of how frustrating it is to play with. The only fun is on hoth with them. :(
  • Zinjo
    202 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Because it is programmed to people's minds that you must find enemy to get kills and kills will give you score. More score and higher K/D = better player. No worries about the objective.

Unfortunately you are dead right sir. Kills get you more points and credits than objective captures or teamwork. :/
    We all have memories of top tier players on the podium who are from the losing side of a match. They didn't get that position because they helped their side win the match... The killed a lot to hit that spot.
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• Best part of the old Battlefronts is that there was only 1 map made with the death hallways. This game has EVERY map filled with death hallways. Endor and the clone facility are the worst but they all suck at the 3rd phase. 3 guys can kill the entire other team with the heavy weapon.
  • Novafire wrote: »
    Best part of the old Battlefronts is that there was only 1 map made with the death hallways. This game has EVERY map filled with death hallways. Endor and the clone facility are the worst but they all suck at the 3rd phase. 3 guys can kill the entire other team with the heavy weapon.
    True, choke points are good, but if they are too easily defendable then it defeats the assault before it has momentum.
    l9f9dxn8dc3e.jpg

• Because the shortest distance between to objects is a straight line. Most players have a tendency to just want to go forward and get tunnel vision.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Cyridixx wrote: »
    Can we get a better and much more clear path system for the atst's on maps like endor. It's a literal nightmare to take fire from all angles and not be able to move around. Forget braindead teammates when the terrain is so lousy you constantly get stuck on everything (including stuff you could easily overcome irl comparatively) and the only true option is to go head on into the gauntlet for a rapid death or just retreat until outnumbered and boxed in.

If someone/anyone has a path map for atst's on maps like jakku, endor, tat, etc that have severely limited mobility that would be greatly appreciated as so far most of the time even with kills the armor is a joke to be using because of how frustrating it is to play with. The only fun is on hoth with them. :(

On endor you can stay in the creek just backwalking away from the atat. If you keep looking left and right and save missiles for ion turrets. Use grenades to take out heavys and youll be sound.

Jakku head far left and then onto landing pad and into the.corner for cover. Then head faaaar right and pound reinforcements going to reactor control.

Tatooine you should need no help if you cant get upward of 20+ kills including heroes on tatooine in an atst... i cant help you.
  • To a certain extent you need a decent number of people applying pressure down the main channel to enable others to catch the defenders out by flanking or getting around the back of the main defence. There are times though when clearly people are just running into a pommelling and the best thing to do would be to have a rethink.
  • Duke_M
    76 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Does it matter? Most of the time the Attacking team have a serious advantage in GA.
    23rkcd2mgahf.jpg