criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Who wants playable AT-M6 make this thread big

GiantSlayerBF2
2055 posts Member
edited January 2018
The First order has been butchered by the resistance in phase 1 of Crait for too long, so I say we show them some real firepower!

Who’s with me?

Btw I have requested my other discussion on this topic to be closed, don’t close this one
"In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
#cartoonsarecanontoo
#theclonewarssaved
PSN: HyperGamerMk2
YT: GiantSlayer YT
Check out all my concepts Here
pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Replies

• The First order has been butchered by the resistance in phase 1 of Crait for too long, so I say we show them some real firepower!

Who’s with me?

Btw I have requested my other discussion on this topic to be closed, don’t close this one.

I can get behind this!
  • butchered? phase one? What? not a single match ever have i seen FO to lose the first phase or even lose ONE of the walkers
  • Wegetzu wrote: »
    butchered? phase one? What? not a single match ever have i seen FO to lose the first phase or even lose ONE of the walkers

It’s not that necessarily but more of the fact that every other assault tank is playable except this one
    butchered? phase one? What? not a single match ever have i seen FO to lose the first phase or even lose ONE of the walkers

I have on occasion but most times the resistance is greeted by FO assaults with vanguard and they keep the rockets guarded as the rest of the team pushes forward.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • No. I suspect the developers play-tested this before launch and discovered it completely unbalanced the map.

There's no place for the Resistance fighters to attack the AT-M6 or use a launcher if a competent pilot is controlling the guns. It's not like Hoth where there are hills to hide behind and trench walls to cover you. It's not like Theed where you can use buildings as cover. Same with Endor's trees and caves.

There's literally nowhere to hide. The moment you even thought about using a launcher, the pilot would simply aim in that direction and let splash damage take care of the problem. Just hit the approximate area of the hole and wipe out everyone near the entrance.

I've seen it happen twice.

Out of 50+ plays of Crait.

So yeah.
  • I wish they’d find SOME way to put it in the game.
    rocketpig wrote: »
    No. I suspect the developers play-tested this before launch and discovered it completely unbalanced the map.

There's no place for the Resistance fighters to attack the AT-M6 or use a launcher if a competent pilot is controlling the guns. It's not like Hoth where there are hills to hide behind and trench walls to cover you. It's not like Theed where you can use buildings as cover. Same with Endor's trees and caves.

There's literally nowhere to hide. The moment you even thought about using a launcher, the pilot would simply aim in that direction and let splash damage take care of the problem. Just hit the approximate area of the hole and wipe out everyone near the entrance.

There is one place: under the walker.

But your right. Still, my battlefront experience won’t be complete without this
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I wish they’d find SOME way to put it in the game.
    No. I suspect the developers play-tested this before launch and discovered it completely unbalanced the map.

There is one place: under the walker.

But your right. Still, my battlefront experience won’t be complete without this

Oh, I'd love to see it if they could figure out a way to make it work.

I simply don't now how that's possible given the terrain of Crait.
  • WAIT. What about the ski speeders? All EA would have to do is make their smoke screen last longer and infantry would have adequate cover.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • If EA finds a way I will be so happy
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • FriedPizza773
    1163 posts Member
    edited February 15
    I thought about this too, and a while back I also started a thread about the AT-M6 ;)!

And to answer your question, yes I also want playable AT-M6, but there are already other problem regarding with game balances that I think it needs to be addressed first. As a defensive team player (Rebels, Resistance and Republic), I realize that taking these walkers and MTT much more difficult than I imagined, and in fact so far I've never seen in any certain GA maps like Crait, Hoth and Kashyyyk to be won by the Light Side factions in the first phase. Something about this needs to be done first before introducing the playable AT-M6, if that will ever happen that is.
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
    PSN: FriedPizza773
  • i can support this
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    Agreed.
    - GodKC

If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • I though about this too, and a while back I also started a thread about the AT-M6 ;)!

And to answer your question, yes I also wants playable AT-M6, but there are already other problem regarding with game balances that I think it needs to be addressed first. As a defensive team player (Rebels, Resistance and Republic), I realize that taking these walkers and MTT much more difficult than I imagined, and in fact so far I've never seen in any certain GA maps like Crait, Hoth and Kashyyyk to be won by the Light Side factions in the first phase. Something about this needs to be done first before introducing the playable AT-M6, if that will ever happen that is.

They have multiple teams, they can work on bugs and this too.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • I see no reason why they shouldn't be playable. Maybe without an airstrike, because the AT-STs already dominate.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• rocketpig wrote: »

I keep saying the developers didn't play test their game and that the map designs are terrible.

They had so much potential. You're probably right a out the ATM6 countering the rockets too well, but the map should have been designed in a way that allowed the ATM6 to be usable.
  • Yeah I'd love to play as the AT-M6...there's gotta be a way
  • milkAcat wrote: »

I keep saying the developers didn't play test their game and that the map designs are terrible.

They had so much potential. You're probably right a out the ATM6 countering the rockets too well, but the map should have been designed in a way that allowed the ATM6 to be usable.

I didn’t make this thread to complain to devs, I made it so we could speculate how it could be implemented and maybe EA could get an idea
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • milkAcat wrote: »

Except then people would complain that it's not like the movie scene. The developers did a bang-up job on making Crait feel exactly like the film.
  • rocketpig
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I see no reason why they shouldn't be playable.

Except for the pretty obvious reason I posted earlier.

Put me in an AT-M6 and I guarantee no launcher would be fired at me ever.

And I'm not a good vehicle player. It'd be *that* easy to prevent launcher attacks. Just scan the holes and wait for the red attack symbol to get close. Then bombard that hole and annihilate everyone near/in it.

Given that no damage can be done to you without a launcher attack, you have zero incentive to attack anyone running around on the surface unless they have a launcher in their hands. So all you do is focus on the launchers and you guarantee your team 100 tickets going into the second phase of the map.

And I'm not a good vehicle player. It'd be *that* easy to prevent launcher attacks. Just scan the holes and wait for the red attack symbol to get close. Then bombard that hole and annihilate everyone near/in it.

Given that no damage can be done to you without a launcher attack, you have zero incentive to attack anyone running around on the surface unless they have a launcher in their hands. So all you do is focus on the launchers and you guarantee your team 100 tickets going into the second phase of the map.
    WAIT. What about the ski speeders? All EA would have to do is make their smoke screen last longer and infantry would have adequate cover.

And they said that they were meant to provide a smoke screen
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

No doubt they've looked into making it playable but it probably didn't work on Crait. Maybe another map down the line?
  • rocketpig
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2018

WAIT. What about the ski speeders? All EA would have to do is make their smoke screen last longer and infantry would have adequate cover.

And they said that they were meant to provide a smoke screen

It wouldn't work well enough to stop a competent player. Ski speeders only block your view for a few seconds. If you're scanning the area, you know where the holes are because the walkers are so slow. Even if your view was obstructed for 3-4 seconds, you wouldn't lose track of where to fire at the hole for long enough to prevent a bombardment of said hole.

Here's an easy way to ignore ski speeders in this scenario: do not fire the AT-M6 guns until you see the launcher activate. That means they have a line of sight on you, which also means you have a line of sight on THEM.

And fire.
  • I’m behind this 100%
    milkAcat wrote: »

Except then people would complain that it's not like the movie scene. The developers did a bang-up job on making Crait feel exactly like the film.

I used to love making a kamikaze run against my fellow Resistance speeders to reenact history's most poorly made movie scene, second only to various scenes from Tommy Wiseau's The Room.
  • I made a thread about this before. It isn't a major thing for me but it would definitely be a welcome add-on.
  • Never really understood why you couldn't play them.
  • Is it physically possible to win as the Resistance in Phase 1?
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Is it physically possible to win as the Resistance in Phase 1?

Absolutely. But the First Order has to lack any semblance of coordination.
  • Id be up for that. Would be cool to wreck some fools with that gorrila.

Of course but first order would have to be a terrible team. Crait and hoth should never really end at phase one.

Target for resistance or rebellion should be to get armour below 50 to stop maximum replen for phase two. That's much more realistic.

Yes. When 10+ are snipers on the salt flats above and the rest desperately try to push against a co-ordinated resistance(lul) in the tunnels, to no avail. Launcher upon launcher goes off, and before too long, the walking robo-dogs go down.

It still happens from time to time. Matchmaking sucks, and standards are neither encouraged nor enforced, in favour of this "inclusiveness ^_^" everyone is content on spewing.

But atleast it does save you from having to deal with P3. Those doors become outright stupid when there's like 30-40 tickets left.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

Yes. When 10+ are snipers on the salt flats above and the rest desperately try to push against a co-ordinated resistance(lul) in the tunnels, to no avail. Launcher upon launcher goes off, and before too long, the walking robo-dogs go down.

It still happens from time to time. Matchmaking sucks, and standards are neither encouraged nor enforced, in favour of this "inclusiveness ^_^" everyone is content on spewing.

But atleast it does save you from having to deal with P3. Those doors become outright stupid when there's like 30-40 tickets left.

Thanks right. If first order is full of snipers trying to farm kills the AT M6 will get battered.

As usual... Simple answer... Play the objective 😁
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

Thanks right. If first order is full of snipers trying to farm kills the AT M6 will get battered.

As usual... Simple answer... Play the objective 😁

Always!
  • I do! More things to play with are always welcome
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • So it can do no damage and be inaccurate as a garden hose across the street? Not until they fix the AT-AT's to actually be useful.
  • So it can do no damage and be inaccurate as a garden hose across the street? Not until they fix the AT-AT's to actually be useful.

What?
  • Yes like Endor. Cool idea
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    So it can do no damage and be inaccurate as a garden hose across the street? Not until they fix the AT-AT's to actually be useful.

What?

The heavy cannons on the AT-AT are horribly inaccurate, do very little damage considering how the blast radius looks. The side cannons do about as much damage with far less of a blast, requiring extremely precise shooting. The only useful thing is the orbital strike, which I imagine would be replaced by the giant back cannon.
  • I would. So long as they would not be all buggy and unreliable like the AT-AT are for me 90% of the time on Hoth. The more options the better!
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN

This makes sense, but I do hope we can get the AT-M6.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget