criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero Time Limit

Prev1
I strongly feel there needs to be a time limit implemented when playing as Heroes.
The fact there isn't currently a time limit can be extremely frustrating from both sides.

- Someone on your team is playing very well on a hero and plays as them an entire match, denying you the chance to have a turn.

-Someone on the enemy team is playing very well on a hero and goes around killing everyone with ease for an entire match.
Needless to say this is incredibly annoying and just feels ridiculous, yes there are counters to heroes and of course they can be taken down, but if someone on the opposition is playing very well and no one on your team can take them down it honestly feels like a joke, you are in a big sandbox for them to play with for the duration of the match, this would be much more palatable if you knew their time was limited.

I really hope this is something currently being considered.

Replies

• There is almost always a hero available. It may not be the hero that you want, but eventually you will have access to a hero st some point during the match.
  • Well, there always being a hero available is simply untrue.

To me there just doesn't seem to be a good reason to not have a time limit, if someone is able to stay on a hero for the entire match it isn't fun for the rest of their team or for the enemy team.
    I've played matches where someone gets a hero early then goes on 100+ kill spree for the rest of the game, this is not a fun experience for anyone but them.
  • No time limits, if someone is doing good as a hero and also staying alive, he deserves it, he is also brining victory closer each minute. Battlefront 1 was a hand holding baby simulator, don't turn battlefront 2 into one as well.
  • Implementing a time limited isn't hand holding.
    The point of Heroes is that they are more powerful than all other troops on the battlefield, they do more damage and survive easier as it is, having a time limit is a natural balancer.

If someone is playing well they deserve to play as a Hero, once you get the reward of a Hero it isn't then time for further, unlimited rewards.
  • Nilim
    150 posts Member
    BeefSoup wrote: »
    Implementing a time limited isn't hand holding.
    The point of Heroes is that they are more powerful than all other troops on the battlefield, they do more damage and survive easier as it is, having a time limit is a natural balancer.

If someone is playing well they deserve to play as a Hero, once you get the reward of a Hero it isn't then time for further, unlimited rewards.

Adding a time limit absolutely is hand-holding. It only benefits noobs.

As for balance, it is already quite easy to take down a hero. Try Vanguard and Sentry.

I'm trying really hard not to say git gud (because it's overused and too vague), but it sounds like you need to git gud. If you work on your skills and play better, you get heroes more often and take down enemy heroes more often.
  • Heroes were made weaker compared to BF1 for this very reason. Like Nilim, trying to avoid the "git gud" route, but you either need to get points for your hero quicker, or you (and your team of course) need to step it up in killing those opposing heroes.

The solution sounds more like team balancing and player scrambling after each map change. I'd hate to be stuck in a lobby where your team can't even down a hero.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • It's alright, I was expecting 'git gud' and was surprised I didn't see it earlier.

If everyone is playing well, that means only 1 person will be able to play a certain Hero for the entire match, as they will never die on them, so even if you are playing very well and are waiting for the chance to use a Hero, it may never come.

And yes Vanguard and Sentry work well against Heroes if the person on the Hero doesn't understand how they should engage, but there comes a certain point where if someone has a Hero and plays them very well, then you have almost no hope taking them down solo, and if you are in a disorganized team (most games) they can simply run around unchallenged the whole game.

Just pretend all Heroes in the game are twice as powerful as they are now, would you still think unlimited time is the way to go? There comes a point where the power discrepancy is so great that there needs to be specific mechanics in place to keep the game fun and balanced, otherwise it can be a god simulator for one or two players and misery for the rest.
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    you either need to get points for your hero quicker, or you (and your team of course) need to step it up in killing those opposing heroes.

The problem is as you stated though, I have been stuck in lobbies where the team can't even coordinate enough to kill a Hero. I just don't know how else this can be solved in a game with large teams and so little communication.
    I am totally open to improved team balancing as a solution, but as that won't always work I worry that occasional un-fun games will persist.
  • No need to do this. There's always a hero available. Besides, you can ****' kill them easily.
  • You’ve obviously never played against a really good Sidious or Maul, you can not 1v1 them.
  • obviously this guy is new and just needs to adapt still. No time limit. Farm your points faster! And remember the last stage gets 4 heros dude. Absolute worst thing/idea possible
  • Been playing since release.
    I can live with waiting for a Hero, I’m more concerned with the idea that to take down a well played Hero you need to coordinate with your team, in a game with so little communication.
    Look, most of the time it is fine, but there are occasional games where your team has no interest in cooperating and someone can go on a kill spree with a hero the entire game. Those situations are not fun in any way, and I don’t accept the solution of ‘find another lobby’.
  • BeefSoup wrote: »
    Been playing since release.
    I can live with waiting for a Hero, I’m more concerned with the idea that to take down a well played Hero you need to coordinate with your team, in a game with so little communication.
    Look, most of the time it is fine, but there are occasional games where your team has no interest in cooperating and someone can go on a kill spree with a hero the entire game. Those situations are not fun in any way, and I don’t accept the solution of ‘find another lobby’.

That's just it it takes Coordination a keyword you said to take down hero's Its not like battlefront 2015 where they were immensenly resilient. They take damage. Heck in fact some heroes like darth maul can be taken down in seconds. Time limits areant needed on heroes. Perhaps a slight buff to make them a bit more challenging but not a time limit.
  • BeefSoup
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, it takes coordination, which is why this is a problem in a game as large, chaotic and uncommunicative as this.

I am not talking about a short time limit, I’m talking about a fail safe that’s only relevant if someone is placed in a game with players way below their skill, or if the opposing team still won’t cooperate with each other after getting killed by a hero for 15 mins straight.

If heroes are as balanced as you say, then this would only effect very uneven and otherwise un-fun games.
    Yes, it takes coordination, which is why this is a problem in a game as large, chaotic and uncommunicative as this.

I am not talking about a short time limit, I’m talking about a fail safe that’s only relevant if someone is placed in a game with players way below their skill, or if the opposing team still won’t cooperate with each other after getting killed by a hero for 15 mins straight.

If heroes are as balanced as you say, then this would only effect very uneven and otherwise un-fun games.

First off I'm not saying all hero's are balanced. Case in point the most op one i can think of atm is Finn. That aside. I'm talking more specifically of your hero time limit "fail safe" Its a uneeded feature. First off if a hero is well played congrats to the player playing them your showing "skill" and decimating opponents as it should be. Secondly as someone whos been playing this game since launch. More specifically early access. Your gonna come across players of all skill levels ect. You cant say balance the game cause I'm low skill level or cause I'm new. Espicialy when it comes to online play. It takes an into the fire Approach. to learn the game and to as most would say. "get good kid" As for hero balance hero's themselves need to be tweaked not a fail safe mechanism. In closing if your getting killed buy a hero 15 minuts straight? it brings question to mind. What game mode are you playing? Why do you keep going after the hero charachter rather then focus on the objective. I gaurentee it if you focus more on the objective rather then going for the hero youl more then likely get the teamwork to kill that hero.
  • Gallahad wrote: »
    No time limits, if someone is doing good as a hero and also staying alive, he deserves it, he is also brining victory closer each minute. Battlefront 1 was a hand holding baby simulator, don't turn battlefront 2 into one as well.

This is simply not true. I was playing a match on Naboo guarding one of the door controls and the enemy team had Maul and Palpatine both out in the hallway. Neither one set foot in the door, they were simply playing for kills and couldn't give two cr.aps about victory. The fact is that heroes are far too easily overwhelmed, and yes I've made a mistake of running into a hallway filled with troops, but I've also been taken down in three seconds by a whopping TWO Assault troops. Did not even have time to kill two players? St.up.id. Yeah I've been able to play tactically and not die sometimes. Maul on Kashyyyk is a case in point. But overall heroes are either way too easy to take out, or easy to hog by playing it safe.

Objectives MUST be incentivized with overall score and credit bonuses for all classes including Heroes so that people will PTFO.
  • There are two sides to this. Either it's too easy to die as a hero or it's too hard to kill one. I've been on both sides. I've been killed by just two guys inside of three seconds, regular assault troopers. I also had a 17 killstreak yesterday with Maul on Kashyyyk. But I've been one-shotted by Vanguard more times than I can count! I was one-shotted by a bowcaster as Palpatine twice in the same match!

The easiest way to balance this, since we're speaking of balance, is buffing hero health/armor or reducing damage AND instituting what I would call a LONG timer, not a short one like BF 2015 had at the beginning. I think a 5 minute timer that accrues more time by playing objectives or supporting other players is the best answer for all of it. Then the average player can feel heroic and the really good player can extend his time by being really good AND contributing to team goals. This is a win-win.
  • no i work hard for the hero maybe this shouldve been done with hero pickups but this doesnt reward players at all
  • Well so far nothing rewards heroes if you get one when you can afford one, you don't earn any more score, you don't earn any more credits, and winning doesn't give you anything. What exactly is the reward for getting a hero again? Getting a hero is about the FUN, and if average players can last a bit longer, and great players can extend their time, where's the problem?
  • Alee
    23 posts Member
    Nerf everything! EA must find all good players. And nerf their weapons and heroes. And buff noobs.

İf something is OP then use it. Nerfing weapon news and topic like this just %#$%€£¥₩@$#*
    No time limits, if someone is doing good as a hero and also staying alive, he deserves it, he is also brining victory closer each minute. Battlefront 1 was a hand holding baby simulator, don't turn battlefront 2 into one as well.

OP shill. Go play Battlefront 1 where you can have invincible heroes there. They're actually trying to balance them in Battlefront 2.

and you think Battlefront 1 was a hand holding baby simulator? maybe you forgot the NEW OBJECTIVE: DEFEAT THE ENEMY that pops up on the screen every time you spawn, or the announcing commander screaming at you what to do every two minutes of the game, the 7 KILLS REMAINING and 15 TROOPS REMAINING messages that fill your screen when there is clearly a meter on the top of you HUD. The giant, obnoxious objective markers that are on your screen at all times. Or how about the little red dots that hover above the enemies head so you can basically know where they're at no matter where they are on the map?.

Also, auto aim, it's so bad that even when you turn it off, it's still on and you have to suffer through your reticule moving when you're aiming at multiple people. Or how about the enemy health meter when you're shooting at them? did I mention the little "shing" noise, red X, and ELIMINATED: GAMERTAG that happens every single time you get a kill???

I mean, if this game isn't hand holding, I don't know how far it has to go until it is. As far as I'm concerned, Battlefront 1 did not include all these noob features.

Please think before you speak next time, and have some respect for the original post. Maybe have something worthy of saying next time, and if not just don't say anything at all.
  • Nilim wrote: »
    Implementing a time limited isn't hand holding.

Adding a time limit absolutely is hand-holding. It only benefits noobs.

As for balance, it is already quite easy to take down a hero. Try Vanguard and Sentry.

I'm trying really hard not to say git gud (because it's overused and too vague), but it sounds like you need to git gud. If you work on your skills and play better, you get heroes more often and take down enemy heroes more often.

So it is not the OP Leia secondary fire that benefits noobs, nor is it the ridiculously OP Big Deal and super sneaky pistol feature of Finn that benefits noobs, or the 1000 HP of Vader that benefits noobs, or how about the unstoppable Palpatine who can fly around the map like super man and chain lightning twenty soldiers at a time and remain untouched an entire match, he doesn't benefit noobs either.

Nope, it's the timer that benefits noobs. lol

God you people are hilarious.
    I strongly feel there needs to be a time limit implemented when playing as Heroes.
    The fact there isn't currently a time limit can be extremely frustrating from both sides.

- Someone on your team is playing very well on a hero and plays as them an entire match, denying you the chance to have a turn.

-Someone on the enemy team is playing very well on a hero and goes around killing everyone with ease for an entire match.
    Needless to say this is incredibly annoying and just feels ridiculous, yes there are counters to heroes and of course they can be taken down, but if someone on the opposition is playing very well and no one on your team can take them down it honestly feels like a joke, you are in a big sandbox for them to play with for the duration of the match, this would be much more palatable if you knew their time was limited.

Don't listen to these ignorant fools. There very well does need to be a timer or something implemented in the game, either that or they just need to tone them down because right now its just flat out ridiculous how strong some of them are.

The game gives you no easy way to get rid of them because the squad system is trash and you can't even talk to your teammates.

All these people here talking about "oh well they played good so they deserve the hero der der derrrrr."

Well, I can get a hero in pretty much five minutes on any map, and I get the hero by just spam killing noobs, not by playing the objective, so those people can just shut up when they say that "people deserve the hero"

only way a hero should be earned is if they earn enough objective points, not just spam kill noobs from the back of the map.

the whole balance of this game is broken, and it's community is so sorry i've never seen anything like it.

I tell if that if the Palpatine I had in my match last night played against any of these people on this thread, they'd be on here changing their opinion in a heartbeat.
  • seth5434 wrote: »
    no i work hard for the hero maybe this shouldve been done with hero pickups but this doesnt reward players at all

You work hard for the hero? funny. I can get a hero in like 3 minutes without even trying.

heroes def need a timer. There is nothing significant about "earning" a hero.

Create a system where only objective points contribute toward earning heroes, then we'll see how many OP Palpatines are flying around the map.

This is simply not true. I was playing a match on Naboo guarding one of the door controls and the enemy team had Maul and Palpatine both out in the hallway. Neither one set foot in the door, they were simply playing for kills and couldn't give two cr.aps about victory. The fact is that heroes are far too easily overwhelmed, and yes I've made a mistake of running into a hallway filled with troops, but I've also been taken down in three seconds by a whopping TWO Assault troops. Did not even have time to kill two players? St.up.id. Yeah I've been able to play tactically and not die sometimes. Maul on Kashyyyk is a case in point. But overall heroes are either way too easy to take out, or easy to hog by playing it safe.

Objectives MUST be incentivized with overall score and credit bonuses for all classes including Heroes so that people will PTFO.

I like how the guy says "he deserves it" as if he's just watching from afar in awe and admiration at his precious hero teammate hogging all the kills.
  • Horrific idea. You're obviously new go get good like everyone else before you try to RUIN a good thing kid
  • CcSKkUh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

- 10 Wattos
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • You say you been playing since release. DEBATABLE. The issue is YOU. Get good. Stop crying for beefs that are needed that ruin the game. I'm a legit top notch player. .01% of 50 rank. Hundreds of hours more than you I guarantee. And I instantly sometimes as heros SO GET GOOD stop crying evwry obstacle you have in games and adapt like THE REST OF US. the people telling you. HERO'S ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE SOME POINT. Are right. And for you to say youve been playing since launch and disagree with that is absurdly abnormal. It's YOU and your TEAM. Get a freaking vehicle and point farm since you're obviously far below the average skill level. TIMERS ON HERO'S IS OBLY FOR BAD KIDS crying to get a chance to play. You can simply watch the score board 90% of matches and see the hero change players ESPECIALLY IN THE END WITH 4 PLAYERS. A game finally rewards better players fairly and you wanna take that from us. ABSOLUTE DISGRACE
    Been playing since release.

Wowww. I'm glad I can expose you for what this is about truly to you. You want to RUIN everyone's gameplay because you're getting wrecked by enemy heros and can't defeat them ??? WOOOWWWW. First of all. Try playing with an actual team instead of crying when in random lobbies.
    Secondly. Enemy heros are best killed with ally heros. GET GOOD AT EM
    thirdly.. YOU'RE TRYING TO RUIN THE BEST THING ABOUT HERO'S GAMEPLAY BEFORE HERO BALANCES COME OUT because you're getting owned by them?!?! You are a PRIME EXAMPLE of a person who jumps to the forums to cry for your needed handicaps before thinking about anything else besides your own needs. I just gave you three BASIC EXAMPLES ( 2 of which the rest of the players learned ) for why your timer idea is awfully conceived before even waiting for the first few balances... do you just rage them post here??? Do you not sit back and think about why everyone else is telling you the opposite that you should understand. If we can do it. (Maybe) so can you ? Ways to kill heros
    1. Vehicles
    2. Team coordination
    3. Enemy heros
    4. Super sentry alone!!! For now
    Yet here you are saying. " oh I can't defeat enemy heros easily enough so give them limits " ****
  • I strongly support the timer plus the fact, that you may use them only once in a game.

Stop crying hard core gamers and give us an equal share of the game!
  • Axone
    351 posts Member
    No time limit. If someone is doing well in the game and help turning the tide to victory, I don't mind him/her playing the entire game.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2049 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Again, we're talking about balance, right? What works for all players?

Reduce damage against heroes so average Joe's can last longer. I'm not talking about making them unstoppable or immune to damage. No Mario Invincibility Stars. I'm not suggesting that they can walk out into the middle of a firefight and not die, but I am suggesting that two regular troops should not be able to quickly take out a Jedi. Allowing people to take a good bit more damage is not a bad thing. If you have a good hero then the opposing team should still be able to go after them as a group and take them out, but not a group of two or just one player with a Vanguard, Blurrg or Heavy weapon.

So how to balance that so someone cannot thoroughly destroy everyone on the other team, or allow more players to have heroes?

A timer is the obvious answer. Not an arbitrary timer where you get a hard five minutes to get as many kills as possible and that's it--nobody liked it in Battlefront 2015. But be fair to players who are good with heroes and pause the timer in proximity to the objective, and give a big credits bonus! Make the heroes fun to use but also value objective play! That way you don't have someone using a hero to pad their kills, but to actually help the team. If they help the team and contribute to the win, then they deserve to spend more time doing that, as has been mentioned.

Also let that person accrue score so that they show up on the end screen and not cease getting points. I have led my team in score then gotten a hero and survived to the end playing the objective, only to end up like 10th on my team in score, even though I contributed heavily to the win.

I really don't know why people are so emotional about this idea.
  • bfloo
    14785 posts Member
    Any hero that dies to a single infantry did something wrong.

When I'm already using a sentry, base or scs, and a hero tries to run down the hallway at me, the hero deserves to die because they did something dumb.

Check your corners, I don't feel bad killing a hero trying to go Rambo.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Axone
    351 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The no timer is already fine the way it is. Hero cause 6000 to 8000 credits; which is VERY EXPENSIVE. Player have to work hard to get the battlefront by playing objective and get kill. Whoever got the hero first deserve to be a hero. As of right now, nobody is trolling hero and all hero that I see so far from my infantry perspective do contribute to the objective and killing. I don't see why changing it. Again, in my experience, no hero/villian in trolling and contribute to objective and killing. I don't mind someone playing hero for the majority of the game when that person has the highest score; thus this mean winning.

There are time when I did not get to play hero and the best player play the hero and help me win. i don't mind that. It happen to me too.
  • No time limits!
    Just play better and you will be the hero you want
  • If someone is a hero the entire match, they've EARNED it. Not only did they fairly earn the hero before you, but they managed to not be killed by opposing players. Earn the hero first, simple as that. I don't feel this game needs to constantly be adjusted for less skilled players.
  • We need a Hero time limit

Um no, this is a terrible idea. You need to to just get better at the game.
    Well, there always being a hero available is simply untrue.

To me there just doesn't seem to be a good reason to not have a time limit, if someone is able to stay on a hero for the entire match it isn't fun for the rest of their team or for the enemy team.
    I've played matches where someone gets a hero early then goes on 100+ kill spree for the rest of the game, this is not a fun experience for anyone but them.

Then go after objectives and get more points. I agree the kill score is a bit high for a game we were promised would promote teamwork, but a patch is coming so we'll see then.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Zinjo2017
    556 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    duetzi wrote: »
    I strongly support the timer plus the fact, that you may use them only once in a game.

I can't support a time limit, but limited use per round, most definitely.
    A time limit would suppress the goal of gaining enough battle points to play as a hero in the first place and the fastest way to do that is with teamwork and objectives.
    However, I do support that if you die as a hero, you can't come back as the same one in the round. More incentive to be smart in that character than just smashing through enemy lines because you have enough battle points to respawn as the same character again.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • Axone wrote: »

There are time when I did not get to play hero and the best player play the hero and help me win. i don't mind that. It happen to me too.

More often than not I end up having the opportunity to play my favorite hero Just as the round is ending! There is no justice.... :p

5gyfxhxo6249.jpg
  • I agree with a timer and also a player should only be able to be a hero once per match.
  • HollowPoint_503
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    ... that means only 1 person will be able to play a certain Hero for the entire match, as they will never die on them...

... but there's 2 heroes per side, and 4 in the final phase of each match.

Just squat on the hero you want and press start rapidly. The second someone on your team with a hero dies you'll get your pick.
  • To be clear, I only support a timer (and again, one you can extend with objective proximity) if there is some sort of buff to hero health/reduction in damage. I do not think in its current state that any timer is necessary.
  • duetzi wrote: »
    I strongly support the timer plus the fact, that you may use them only once in a game.

Equal share?!?!?! We aren't hacking kid. Just get in the equal playing field instead of rolling over asking for things to be handed to you kid
  • All the people who support timers are
    1 new
    2 BAD
    3 don't want to learn how to play the game the way the devs intended. GET GOOD
  • Boooo.......no timer! What's next a timer for how long you can be a reinforcement.

Dice please don't do this.
  • Axone
    351 posts Member
    Boooo.......no timer! What's next a timer for how long you can be a reinforcement.

Dice please don't do this.

Agree. No timer please Dice.
  • HvV_pro wrote: »
    All the people who support timers are
    1 new
    2 BAD
    3 don't want to learn how to play the game the way the devs intended. GET GOOD

Amazing. Every word of what you just said is wrong.
  • you better keep practicing and playing and try to get those 8,000 battlepoints fast son i recommend trying arcade in the hardest difficulty, you probably a noob that cannot unlock any heroes because you always below the top 10 player in your team, by the way, they shouldn't let any players that are below the Top 10 of the team, get any heroes, only the good players should be able to play as Heroes