criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Outer Rim 1 year anniversary!

2Next

Replies

• I remember the excitement around getting Greedo and Jabba's palace. I miss those days.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    I remember the excitement around getting Greedo and Jabba's palace. I miss those days.

Same :(
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    I remember the excitement around getting Greedo and Jabba's palace. I miss those days.

I miss the days where I was optimistic about the game's future. I never thought i'd become one of the pessimists, but I guess anything is possible.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member

I miss the days where I was optimistic about the game's future. I never thought i'd become one of the pessimists, but I guess anything is possible.

It was soooooooo exciting when Outer Rim was about to release, I remember!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »

It was soooooooo exciting when Outer Rim was about to release, I remember!

Yeah im gonna download battlefront again because i miss OR. stupid bacta bodyguard jump pulsers ruin the original feel it had though.
  • It's been a year, make OR free already so those of that paid for can find more matches. And don't change extraction hero selection back.
  • It's been a year, make OR free already so those of that paid for can find more matches. And don't change extraction hero selection back.

Yeah I hope they end up making them for free for everyone. I'm a Season Pass holder but yeah I'd rather have more people for matchmaking
  • Maybe they should make each DLC free on the year anniversary date. I love extraction, but find it hard to get consistent full teams late evening and nights on Xbox.
  • Ah it's been a year already? I remember the excitement of finding the dead rancor. And no jabba in JABBAS palace. And the **** Canon lies they try to push on everyone.
  • Outer Rim was my favorite DLC, still play it religiously to this day
    Member of the 501st
  • Thamaga
    192 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Happy B Day Hue Hue!
    maxresdefault.jpg

The birth of our favorite pancake.
  • I was so stoked when it dropped. Love itDownbytheriver.gif
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Happy B Day Hue Hue!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Yup!!! He was the reason why I finally got a platinum trophy from Hero Hunt. Thank you!

Outer Rim was my favorite DLC - maps and game modes.
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    RogueKarp wrote: »
    Outer Rim is still the best of the DLCs! I'm a huge fan of Nien Nunb and Greedo (I don't care what you 'minor character haters' say, you're wrong) and the Extraction game mode might be the best in the entire series! I hope they flesh out the mode even more for BF2 and give us even more dynamic Sullust locations!

Hmm... you got me thinking about blowing dust off the disc for this weekend!

Religion_0755-S.jpg

• I played some Outer Rim Extraction last night...well for about 30 seconds until I realized how lobsided the teams were with Luke, Chewie and Leia all helping the cart while us Imperials had jack squat! What a jip!
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I just played a match that I thought was a blowout loss... But we ended up holding the shipment right at the palace exit for almost 9 minutes! I popped so many bubbles trying to start the shipment, kept chucking the Dioxis and mowing people down with the EE-3... I had 6 deaths up till that point, didn't die once during the whole final stand.

It's tied for the most thrilling match of my relatively short BF career (lvl 91 started Dec 2016) with a back and forth 10 minutes of overtime Drop Zone on the Dune Sea Exchange being the other epic match.
  • a back and forth 10 minutes of overtime Drop Zone on the Dune Sea Exchange being the other epic match.

I happened to be in such match last month or so.
    Drop Zone - Dune Sea Exchange. Overtime.
    We were 2 pods in the lead.
    After quite a while of fighting over the presumed "last pod".. to my surprise, another pod dropped ...in the overtime!
    Enemy team secured that and after a couple of minutes also the former "last pod".
    Match turned out as a Draw after some 10 minutes overtime.
    Still... one of the best matches I had in my rather long Battlefront career since November 2015.
  • a back and forth 10 minutes of overtime Drop Zone on the Dune Sea Exchange being the other epic match.

I happened to be in such match last month or so.
    Drop Zone - Dune Sea Exchange. Overtime.
    We were 2 pods in the lead.
    After quite a while of fighting over the presumed "last pod".. to my surprise, another pod dropped ...in the overtime!
    Enemy team secured that and after a couple of minutes also the former "last pod".
    Match turned out as a Draw after some 10 minutes overtime.
    Still... one of the best matches I had in my rather long Battlefront career since November 2015.

Funny thing is, being up 2 pods your team could have just sacrificed the one and still won, before the surprise pod dropped.

Last night I ended up in the Dune Sea again, with another crazy overtime match that we won 5-3 after about 6 or 7 minutes of trading possession of the last pod. I think my k/d was 47/36 which is pretty damn high for a drop zone match.
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I played some Outer Rim Extraction last night...well for about 30 seconds until I realized how lobsided the teams were with Luke, Chewie and Leia all helping the cart while us Imperials had jack squat! What a jip!

I played Extraction quite a bit this week and had a similar experience. One team rolling the other over. I can say it was the worst experience of this game.
  • But I keep coming back, because the next match might be balanced. 4 on 4 HvV is just too fun to avoid, especially if it's close! I actually like the playlist in this DLC (and only this DLC). I like starting in HvV, then 2 matches of Extraction on the same map. You get really good on that map, playing it 3 times in a row.
  • Outer Rim was my favorite DLC, still play it religiously to this day

I am dying to play it..if you are ps4 add me please name is iamthefarkinman
  • Anyone who is keen to play outer rim on ps4 please add me i really want to play it..name is iamthefarkinman..live in Australia so we can figure out time differences and stuff
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Hope all 4 maps get added to this game <3
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Played some Outer Rim this weekend. Jabba's Palace and Palace Garage are still two of my favorite maps. If they are added to BFII that would bring the game up just slightly above sub-par. You can do it, EA! I believe in you!
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Still playing Outer Rim DLC. Extraction is definitely one of the best modes...often very tense and tight matches. Great fun!!!