criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Skirmish/Offline Content

Replies

• I think between this Monday and the end of the month we will get some offline stuff and trooper skins.

Okay I hope wish pray beg.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    I think between this Monday and the end of the month we will get some offline stuff and trooper skins.

Doubt it, next season probably begins mid February.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • bfloo
    14499 posts Member
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    I think between this Monday and the end of the month we will get some offline stuff and trooper skins.

Set your expectations low, then they can't disappoint you
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I want to enjoy galactic assault offline
  • EA sent a survey to random people which one of the many options was "bring SFA to Arcade", meaning they arent even working on it, unless a lot of people choose it.That worries me a lot.

yeh why is Galactic Assault it not included in Survey this concerns me deeply, and other Arcade potential modes missing? #SoloPlayersMatter

yeh why is Galactic Assault it not included in Survey this concerns me deeply, and other Arcade potential modes missing? #SoloPlayersMatter

Probably because Starfighter Assault for Arcade is closer to ready than Galactic Assault?

As I've said many times before, Galactic Assault is going to take a lot more time to be made playable offline in Arcade mode; none of the maps have AI, not counting AI Starfighters. Starfighter Assault already has AI on all off it's maps and modders have even been able to make it playable in Arcade mode, and Criterion has already proven that they can program AI to attack specific objectives on each map.

So in short, to make Starfighter Assault playable in Arcade mode, Criterion only needs to expand on what's already there. Galactic Assault for Arcade is going to have to be built up from scratch.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • TheBearShow1
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Patience is key, let's see what they bring. Even if it is just the rest of the locations in Arcade mode that would be a huge step up in my opinion.

Top wishes
    1. All locations doesn't matter if it is blast or GA
    2. Online co op

No locations left behind this time. If blast versions of the map is the best way to see it done, then so be it. I thought one of the things they could do with Arcade is to bring the Blast, Strike, and HvV sections to Arcade, by reason we would see most of the maps with out them having to do a lot of extra programming. Even if it is how they have it now and they give us the remaing maps plus future ones, that would be alot of extra content, and with the options of Arcade we can do alot.

Realistic expectations: Arcade is already avaliable, it is much easier to bring more maps then to add more modes. Online co op would be pretty easy to bring as well, as they have done it before.

Probably because Starfighter Assault for Arcade is closer to ready than Galactic Assault?

As I've said many times before, Galactic Assault is going to take a lot more time to be made playable offline in Arcade mode; none of the maps have AI, not counting AI Starfighters. Starfighter Assault already has AI on all off it's maps and modders have even been able to make it playable in Arcade mode, and Criterion has already proven that they can program AI to attack specific objectives on each map.

So in short, to make Starfighter Assault playable in Arcade mode, Criterion only needs to expand on what's already there. Galactic Assault for Arcade is going to have to be built up from scratch.

you made a lot of valid points ;)
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.

Thanks for the reply @Sledgehammer70 !!!

Now if you want to give a hint at what is coming without outright telling us can you please post in the Arcade feedback thread where we are asking for Starfighter and Galactic Assaults to be added to Arcade.

As mentioned earlier, new game content will mostly arrive with our Season updates. Season 2 is coming, and we will reveal what sort of content, activities, etc. will be within very soon.

Hey @Sledgehammer70 ,

Thanks for reaching back with us over in the arcade forum! I hope all is well. Thanks for hearing our requests for more offline content. Creating my very first forum account just for this game back in November 2015, I've been reading & posting into these forums for awhile. I feel like if there is one thing in common among the offline requests, it's the ability to shape the battle through their own actions or simply "being the main character in the battle".

While multiplayer provides moments like this, it's still a competition for those moments (which are rewarding since you're playing against real people) & It's fine because competition is fun sport. However, I feel like Multiplayer elements can pull away some of the heroic Star Wars moments that can only be flourished in Campaign or Offline Modes. I look forward to what the developers bring to the table in the second season both offline and online. Thank you!

What did Sledge say in the other threads?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Our team is working on both online and offline content. While I have no specifics to share right this moment. We're not putting any one game mode aside and are looking to bring fresh content to all aspects of the game.

Thanks for the reply @Sledgehammer70 !!!

Now if you want to give a hint at what is coming without outright telling us can you please post in the Arcade feedback thread where we are asking for Starfighter and Galactic Assaults to be added to Arcade.

As mentioned earlier, new game content will mostly arrive with our Season updates. Season 2 is coming, and we will reveal what sort of content, activities, etc. will be within very soon.

Hey @Sledgehammer70 ,

Thanks for reaching back with us over in the arcade forum! I hope all is well. Thanks for hearing our requests for more offline content. Creating my very first forum account just for this game back in November 2015, I've been reading & posting into these forums for awhile. I feel like if there is one thing in common among the offline requests, it's the ability to shape the battle through their own actions or simply "being the main character in the battle".

While multiplayer provides moments like this, it's still a competition for those moments (which are rewarding since you're playing against real people) & It's fine because competition is fun sport. However, I feel like Multiplayer elements can pull away some of the heroic Star Wars moments that can only be flourished in Campaign or Offline Modes. I look forward to what the developers bring to the table in the second season both offline and online. Thank you!

What did Sledge say in the other threads?

Probly nothing or not much. This is the main Offline Content thread people read or comment on, might as well just post here.

Probly because they will unlock all the regular maps for Arcade and gice us Starfighter first. Thats obviously the most logical first step since Criterion did both of thoae modes and Arcade is half way done with its maps and Starfighter is nearly finished too for offline aside from programming the AI to be more aggressive
  • TheBearShow1
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    I want to enjoy galactic assault offline

Probly because they will unlock all the regular maps for Arcade and gice us Starfighter first. Thats obviously the most logical first step since Criterion did both of thoae modes and Arcade is half way done with its maps and Starfighter is nearly finished too for offline aside from programming the AI to be more aggressive

Agreed

If they unlock the rest of the base maps plus the rumored small map Crait for season 1, then most of the heavy lifting is done. I imagine most future seasons will consist of one map; a large and small version. We will probably get the small version each time. So if they bring Starfiighter and the rest of the small maps to Arcade I would say that would be the most obvious, easy, and logical step they could take.

I have a feeling we will see the base maps unlocked in a soon, non season update to bring us on par with other modes. Then we will see the future maps come right along side the online counterparts. I think we will have all locations in a Arcade styled map. And I am hoping for SA, and Online Co op as well. As for GA, I think it will be down the road if ever. I would love to see GA, but my gut tells me to be optimistic for all Arcade maps, SA, and Online Co op.
  • I wonder if they are already working on GA for offline and are wondering about SA for offline, hence why GA wasn't in the survey. As in they are already in the DEV process for it and are curious to what people want next after that.
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • joeybmx7 wrote: »
    I wonder if they are already working on GA for offline and are wondering about SA for offline, hence why GA wasn't in the survey. As in they are already in the DEV process for it and are curious to what people want next after that.

Thats my guess.Some_info said that Skirmish was supposed to come early 2018 so I guess they were already working on GA, thats why only SFA is available in the survey.
  • Jesbro
    556 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Sorry for the slow reply. We will be adding more maps to Arcade :)

That was from one of the closed threads in the Arcade forum where @Sledgehammer70 was confirming we will be getting the rest of the small maps at least.

Now all we need are modes as big as Galactic and Starfighter Assault with all of their vehicles and maps and we will be in business!

Also this is the 2000th post of this thread so yay for that.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    I want to enjoy galactic assault offline

That would be sweet good points.
  • I imagine that when all the DLC is out we may have to wait for the last patch for it all to be offline. Which I would be fine with instead of rushing it (And if they give us all the maps in the game so far for offline play) They can take there time. Make AI better. Funner. Add new customization to matches.

So if new maps comes out and we get nothing dont be annoyed just ask for an update later. And hope we do.

What was in the survey? Was hero AI?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

hero ai wasn't? more vehicles, hero's, star cards, cosmetics, ,competitive play, rank system, starfighter Assault in Arcade, Galactic conquest, were the options
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Having more arcade maps is better than nothing, but the only way to make that mode replayble is to recreate the original 'Instant Action' type of mode from the first one. Even on these smaller maps and without vehicles 'IA' would be a ton of fun and vary things up from just 'which side can shoot more people'.

hero ai wasn't? more vehicles, hero's, star cards, cosmetics, ,competitive play, rank system, starfighter Assault in Arcade, Galactic conquest, were the options

That sounds like it could be the plans for season 2 with the survey being used to determine to order to release it all. This is a guess so I do not have a source. What place was SA in?
  • Apparently in the next update they’re adding the rest of the maps to arcade. I’m hoping they add more game modes to it as well, but I can see that happening at some point during season 2. Thoughts?
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1236 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Revan1 wrote: »
    Apparently in the next update they’re adding the rest of the maps to arcade. I’m hoping they add more game modes to it as well, but I can see that happening at some point during season 2. Thoughts?

Do you mean today's (1/16) patch? I think season 2 will at least see Star Fighter Assault come to Arcade.

That sounds like it could be the plans for season 2 with the survey being used to determine to order to release it all. This is a guess so I do not have a source. What place was SA in?

near the bottom of list suprisingly. milestone challenges was included as well.
  • Revan1 wrote: »
    Apparently in the next update they’re adding the rest of the maps to arcade. I’m hoping they add more game modes to it as well, but I can see that happening at some point during season 2. Thoughts?

Do you mean today's (1/16) patch? I think season 2 will at least see Star Fighter Assault come to Arcade.
    Yes, but I don’t think any of the maps were added so hopefully they add them in it’s own seperate update. I’m praying for bigger game modes to be added during season 2, the devs are giving off the impression that offline is going to have major additions in the future
  • @petervesti_dice when can we expect larger maps to make it into arcade? They are all beautifully designed, and it would be only be right to battle/explore in them offline
  • I second this!!!
    @petervesti_dice when can we expect larger maps to make it into arcade? They are all beautifully designed, and it would be only be right to battle/explore in them offline

this has to be added ;) would love this q answered? ;)
  • He may know, but I seriously doubt he's allowed to tell us gang
    @petervesti_dice when can we expect larger maps to make it into arcade? They are all beautifully designed, and it would be only be right to battle/explore in them offline

Can't really say. It's definitely something a lot of us want so eventually hopefully. Sorry for the very useless reply but don't worry we won't forget it :)

Awesome! Thanks for the reply and I’m glad you guys are considering it, keep up the amazing work
  • Jesbro
    556 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It's definitely something a lot of us want so eventually hopefully.

Ok that right there is probably the best reply I have ever heard!

Knowing that you and others at DICE want this as well is exactly what we wanted to hear and brings a :smile: to my face.

I think the odds of getting Galactic and Starfighter Assault in Arcade eventually is now super high so all we need to do now is hope they are added Soon!

Can't really say. It's definitely something a lot of us want so eventually hopefully. Sorry for the very useless reply but don't worry we won't forget it :)

@petervesti_dice Can you say if hero AI is a possibility? Thanks.
  • I find myself playing the first EA Battlefront quite a bit, especially the Outer Rim DLC pack. Jabba's Palace is nothing short of stunning. The problem now is it's tough finding a game. I could not find a game on Scarif to try some of the those modes. All of that gorgeous content on my hard drive is locked by (1) needing internet connectivity, and (2) needing human players to play with, and the season pass was expensive. I would like to see DICE add Instant Action for (almost?) all maps and modes in both Battlefronts.
  • SAM4XE
    302 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I so can't wait for large scale ground battles and space battles. I'm so done with online all the time!
    Jesbro wrote: »

Knowing that you and others at DICE want this as well is exactly what we wanted to hear and brings a :smile: to my face.

I think the odds of getting Galactic and Starfighter Assault in Arcade eventually is now super high so all we need to do now is hope they are added Soon!

It's encouraging that the Devs want to add significantly more content to Arcade but EA ultimately decides what is added. Personally I can see more restrictive maps and maybe Starfighter Assault but I'm doubtful larger ground combat with vehicles will happen.
    I so can't wait for large scale ground battles and space battles. I'm so done with online all the time!

It's encouraging that the Devs want to add significantly more content to Arcade but EA ultimately decides what is added. Personally I can see more restrictive maps and maybe Starfighter Assault but I'm doubtful larger ground combat with vehicles will happen.

See, I that is what I am thinking as well. I think we will see every location in the Arcade map format we have now. Then I believe we could see SA. If they would give us the rest of the Arcade style locations and SA I would still call that a major step up from last game. Especially if they add the future season maps.

It makes since, because the heavy lifting will be done if they bring the six missing locations. Then when a new location comes it is broken down depending on the mode, and I think Arcade will get some version of each location. Which is still better then last game when no dlc map big or small was included. Throw on some online co op plus SA and Arcade would be pretty great, even if we never saw a GA map.

I agree, I have a feeling we will see Arcade variants for all locations, and perhaps SA. That is fine, but I hope they add online co op. I really enjoy Arcade, but I want all the locations especially the future seasons.

• You are correct, and I absolutely agree with you 100%. My dream since I first heard Dice was doing Battlefront was to see Instant Action come to these new titles. I am hope I am 100% wrong. I've never wanted to be so wrong, but I remember when this movement came to be in Nov/Dec of 2015. It was a uphill battle to even get some of the devs to mention anything about Instant Action/Skirmish/Missions. We didn't even hear a postive post about it till Feb of 16. The first announcement didn't come till April, saying that we will get some new way to play Battlefront online. And then I believe we had to wait till July to even see seven of the vanilla WA maps, and six of the FS maps. There were all sorts of polls coming out at that time saying what we might get, and there was excitement in the air.

Then nothing, not one dlc map. Not even Blast for any dlc. We waited till about Jan 17 then in a couple of post we learned that no more Skirmish support would come to Battlefront. I was pretty devastated. I left the forums.

However in April of last year we heard the announcement. Some sort of Skirmish was coming to Battlefront 2. Surely this time we will get a proper Skirmish. After fourm topics that reached over 100,000 views. Celebrities posting and giving thier support, and 3 studios working on the title; one of them devoted to single player! I was pretty stoked, but I didn't run to the fourms. I waited, I had some feeling in the back of my mind that maybe it would be like before. And I was right, six maps for Arcade is all that would be coming to Battlefront 2 at launch. Well I knew I was not going to get the game. I didn't pre order and I am sure you can imagine the disappointment.

Sometime around Dec it was mentioned that the other maps would be coming to BF2 Arcade, and I thought you know what I like Battlefront, I will give it a shot. I played Arcade and all the customization I wanted from the last game is here. Plus recently the Devs, and Community managers are posting in this section of the fourms regularly now, or at least more than I have ever seen with positive messages. I will be grateful if we get the remaining maps (even if we get them in Arcade style). Now we have some confirmation about receiving those maps next patch! What I don't want to happen is the task, and priorities to get so out of hand for them that like last game they decide not to bring any more maps. Thank you devs and managers for stopping by. The communication feels good, and we are happy to hear from you.

My top 3 wishes for Arcade
    1. All present and future maps so we can play on the maps that come with the future Obi Wan/Grievous(hero) seasons and etc. No maps left behind, even if it is Arcade style and we don't get to see the whole map. Part of a map beats no map at all. I want to play in every location SWBF 2 has to offer. All we need is Bespin, Scariff, and Sullust and we can play from every planet of the first game.

2. SA - They have talked about SA. It is in their surveys, and I believe it is a real option we could see. That would also bring all the air/ship missions to Arcade.

3. Online co op so I can play with my friends and family online. In every location land/air/and space.

Jesbro, I hope you are right and I am wrong! I want to see GA on every map. However if we only get Arcade maps for every location, and SA with future dlc coming to Arcade I honestly think it will be a win, and better offering then last game.

I agree, I have a feeling we will see Arcade variants for all locations, and perhaps SA. That is fine, but I hope they add online co op. I really enjoy Arcade, but I want all the locations especially the future seasons.

Problem with this is that the small maps are restricted compared to the larger maps. Like on Naboo you can only fight in the Throne Room and not the huge area of the streets outside of the palace. (Then again that part is in the Campaign so not the best example)

On Jakku we will only get a small part and not the full thing. (We get the actual Battle of Jakku in the Campaign so again not a good example)

On Kashyyk and Crait we will only get some small areas and won't be able to experience the full battles with the fighters flying overhead and stuff like that. (Yep there are the examples I was looking for)

• TheBearShow1
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Sorry for typos, if I go in to correct sometimes I lose my whole post. I hate my phone lol. You are my friends (fellow Star Wars fans!). I stand with you.
  • M4STOD0N wrote: »
    I've said it a few times before in this thread, but given its size I feel it is worth saying again.

Arcade mode will always feel like online practice mode unless they add progression. Even right now, with the lack of arcade content, I don't bother with it because it doesn't allow me to progress at all. Can't rank up, can't unlock weapons or attachments, can barely earn credits.

If they, at minimum, allowed progression in arcade mode I'd play the **** out of it. Obviously bot stomping would let you unlock weapons way faster than online, but there are two easy solutions to choose from to combat that.

Either (A) give people an offline profile or (B) simply decrease XP and increase milestone requirements. (I'd prefer B by a mile so you don't have 2 different profiles you have to build up).

If they did that, arcade, with the little content it has today would become more interesting. If they eventually add a lot more content to arcade mode but still prevent you from progressing in the game (XP, weapons, achievements) it just doesn't have much pull to it and remains as a practice mode for multiplayer.

I think most people in this thread would simply rather play offline. (I know I would).

Its funny because all of the weapons in the previous game were already unlocked for the offline, so having everything unlocked (including cards) would be quite a good addition for Arcade.As for the skins, that may depend on what the unlockable criteria for them will be, either milestones that fit both offline/online play or simply credits.
  • My post got lost again. Long story short. I want GA, I am with you. However my gut feeling tells me that we will see the rest and future maps in Arcade style. With SA coming as well. I hope am I'm wrong and you are right, and we see every map large and small. Online co op would be greatly appreciated. However I would rather have all the locations even if their small then nothing at all.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Jeez, quit being such a downer.

He's demonstrating more sensibility than 90% of the people in this thread. You can learn a thing or two from him.

Except Criterion has already confirmed they are still working on the game, and they've adjusted their plans for future DLC based on fan feedback.

yjx5zmkwq5501.jpg

Glad you found that. I feel like we are so close to getting mo offline content. More offline content would be great since my internet is a total disaster.
    Priority Lists

Heroes:
    1. Obi-Wan and grievous
    2. Anakin and Dooku
    3. Rex and Cad Bane
    4. Ahsoka and Ventress
    5. Mace and Savage
    6. Padmè and Jango

Maps:
    1. Utapau
    2. Felucia
    3. Coruscant
    4. Geonosis
    5. Battle over Courascant/Grievous’ command ship

Other
    1.Large Mode/Conquest/Galactic Assault for arcade
    2. Galactic Conquest
    3. Guard,Sentinel,and commando classes
    4. Skill based credit rewards in arcade
    5. Appearances unlocked in arcade
    Guard,Commando,and sentinel class ideas:
    Skirmish/Offline content
    “Everybody needs somebody.” -Rio

Don't know if you have already seen this post but this is why I really want these modes in Arcade:

Me and my brother just came up with a fun competition to do with the big modes in Arcade once they are added.

Option for this is max 999 reinforcements for attackers on all phases but the rest is left at Default.

You take turns playing solo on the same map as the defenders on the hardest difficulty and the goal is to last longer than the people doing this with you.

We already do this with different heroes and troopers in the current Onslaught mode but imagine doing it on the scale of Starfighter Assault or Galactic Assault as the defenders on ALL of the maps ?

You and your army of Clones, Rebels, etc holding out as long as you can against armies that never stop coming in a battle you will never win unless you get through all 999 reinforcements before they complete their objectives !

During the battle on the ground the AI would use reinforcements as well such as the droid tanks or Imperial Chicken Walkers while starfighters dogfight overhead and strafe enemy positions and sometimes the player depending on which sides the fighters are on and whether the map supports Starfighters. Maybe even AI Heroes as well if they can get those working !

And in space there are fighters, interceptors, and bombers everywhere fighting while you and the AI on your team try to defend the objectives from enemy AI attackers.

This is what Star Wars Battlefront is all about and we should be able to experience it all offline in Arcade as well !!!
  • I truly am among like minded people in this thread. :) offline will keep this game alive , indefinitely. @Jesbro I thought I was the only one slaying 999 stormtroopers lol truly an epic experience
  • Gothic_Mando
    1772 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Wow! With all the Dev responses recently, seems like a great time to get back on this thread! (And back on these forums too ^^)

Just want to say thanks so much to @petervesti_dice for choosing to reply to us on here, it really means alot, especially after so much silence in the past. We know you're likely very limited in what you can actually tell us too : )

And as for the above posts, I would agree that Starfighter Assault would probably come sooner to Arcade than GA. I'm no pilot, but seeing more online content make its way offline is just another step closer to the star wars experience we're all hoping for
    Let's have that new large Conquest-style mode offline in Arcade!^^

Objective modes for Custom Arcade

Large maps and vehicles for Custom Arcade

Pre-round skin selector for Custom Arcade

Custom Playlists for Custom Arcade

Remove the map boundaries for Custom Arcade

AI Enforcers for Custom Arcade too!

#SoloPlayersMatter

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade mode on my YouTube too!^^
  • SHREDDERS47
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I want to be able to jump into whatever battle that I please and feel like I control the sandbox. I want to tow cable a walker without worrying about my team not helping me accomplish that goal. We need skirmish.
  • Wow! With all the Dev responses recently, seems like a great time to get back on this thread! (And back on these forums too ^^)

Just want to say thanks so much to @petervesti_dice for choosing to reply to us on here, it really means alot, especially after so much silence in the past. We know you're likely very limited in what you can actually tell us too : )

And as for the above posts, I would agree that Starfighter Assault would probably come sooner to Arcade than GA. I'm no pilot, but seeing more online content make its way offline is just another step closer to the star wars experience we're all hoping for

Hey, good to see you Gothic!