criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Imperial Interceptor fast overheat

Even with capacitors at Epic the Imperial Tie Interceptor seems to overheat its lasers as if there is no capacitor upgrade present. None of the other factions interceptors have that problem. Anyone else seeing that, been like that prior to the 1/16 patch as well.

Replies

• It's been a problem since BETA. They got a ton of feedback since than and yet they still didn't do anything about it. I wonder how long it will take for them to actually tweak it. I feel like TIE Interceptor's quad shot should be an ability just like X-Wing's quad shot and the normal firing mode should be one blaster at a time with increased fire rate just like other interceptors have it
  • I get that there are a lot of bugs to fix (as with any software release), but hoping it makes the cut soon
  • MovieFan555
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    They seem a little overly dead-set on offering a "high damage, low RoF" ship. It's a decent idea -- it certainly makes it different from most of the other ship offerings -- but it just doesn't play well in practice.

I'm hoping they prove me wrong, by actually listening to our feedback (after consulting data, of course). But my hunch is that they seem content to just leave things as is.
  • wierd you brought this up, cause ive noticed that the dark side interceptor with the slightly different shape than the tie fighters ( i forget the model) has a pretty slow fire rate and the heat builds up about twice as fast as say an A Wing class...... im sure each shot landed does more damage but over spamming the blasters for each should take the same time to overheat but its drastically different
  • Darth_Nefarious
    715 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Disagree, the Interceptors can hang on any other ships tail for so long that to buff the damage output (or time before overheat) any more would be game breaking (at least until there's some way to properly squad up to play as a cohesive unit). Bombers would be at the total mercy of the Interceptors and player drop off on those craft would probably be near instantaneous.

IF the interceptor (and I realize you're specifically speaking of the TIE Interceptor) gets more time before overheating then it -literally- should only take one shot to kill.
  • Because the Imperial TIE Interceptor is firing ALL 4 lasers at once, unlike the other TIE Interceptor fires only 2 lasers at once. That's why the Imperial TIE Interceptor over heats more rapidly even with Tier 4 Epic Star Card (which I have on the Interceptor class also).

Rebellion X-Wings laser fires 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 (clockwise) in a pattern, not all 4 at once. Slightly less heat build up from the X-Wings. The X-Wing's ability to fire all 4 at once is just that, ability and don't contribute to overheating until the cycle is complete.

Hope this makes sense.
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace". — Darth Sidious

Origin ID: -UE-Contagion

Platform: PC

hcphed0czknu.png
  • Because the Imperial TIE Interceptor is firing ALL 4 lasers at once, unlike the other TIE Interceptor fires only 2 lasers at once. That's why the Imperial TIE Interceptor over heats more rapidly even with Tier 4 Epic Star Card (which I have on the Interceptor class also).

Rebellion X-Wings laser fires 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 (clockwise) in a pattern, not all 4 at once. Slightly less heat build up from the X-Wings. The X-Wing's ability to fire all 4 at once is just that, ability and don't contribute to overheating until the cycle is complete.

Hope this makes sense.

Thx for this explanation. It does make sense.
  • Zinjo2017
    592 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    They seem a little overly dead-set on offering a "high damage, low RoF" ship. It's a decent idea -- it certainly makes it different from most of the other ship offerings -- but it just doesn't play well in practice.

I'm hoping they prove me wrong, by actually listening to our feedback (after consulting data, of course). But my hunch is that they seem content to just leave things as is.

Umm, I thought that is what the bomber delivered? An interceptor is supposed to be fast and agile, but not designed for extended dog fights. The A-wing and Tri-Fighters work perfectly well in this role. Fast attack and then disengage.
    A Tri-Fighter taking on a Republic fighter has to work at it to take it down from full health, but the RF has an easier time taking out an interceptor if the pilot isn't flying defensively.

The same should be so for an Imperial Interceptor. I agree that with the way the Imperial Interceptor is set up the star cards only bring it to the level of a base line interceptor from any other side or era.

I am hoping they give it alternating fire mode like the x-wing, tweak the speed and agility, but remove the missiles for extended gun cooling like the Tri-Fighter has.
    5gyfxhxo6249.jpg

• Zinjo2017 wrote: »

Umm, I thought that is what the bomber delivered? An interceptor is supposed to be fast and agile, but not designed for extended dog fights. The A-wing and Tri-Fighters work perfectly well in this role. Fast attack and then disengage.
    A Tri-Fighter taking on a Republic fighter has to work at it to take it down from full health, but the RF has an easier time taking out an interceptor if the pilot isn't flying defensively.

The same should be so for an Imperial Interceptor. I agree that with the way the Imperial Interceptor is set up the star cards only bring it to the level of a base line interceptor from any other side or era.

I am hoping they give it alternating fire mode like the x-wing, tweak the speed and agility, but remove the missiles for extended gun cooling like the Tri-Fighter has.

Agreed. That would be the ideal solution. Fixing the TIE Interceptor is as simple as changing it's lasers to fire one at a time, and getting rid of the Concussion Missile and Target Lock in favor of Heat Sink and Quad Laser Cannon; that would put it on-par with the other interceptors in the game.

As it stands, putting the right star cards on the TIE Interceptor only make it usable (just barely) but it is still handicapped compared to the A-Wing.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter

• As it stands, putting the right star cards on the TIE Interceptor only make it usable (just barely) but it is still handicapped compared to the A-Wing.
    Mmmm, A-wings rock! So do Tri-fighters. The V-Wings, not so much. I end up in a Republic fighter in Republic vs Sepratist maps.

5gyfxhxo6249.jpg