criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Jakku phase 3 FO SMH

Why do folks insist on staying in the middle to have a shootout with the Resistance rather than push either objective?

They just respawn over and over, running up the middle where phase 2 ends only to stop and fire at enemies up the hill...never thinking to try an alternate route.

That shootout with the Resistance sniper is really helping secure the objectives.

SMH

Replies

• Had about ten people doing it yesterday including two not wanting to leave their at-sts

Its been said a million times but I don't think people realise there is an objective. Somehow. Even with the numerous prompts.

Maybe we need the announcer to start shouting 'push forward' when about fifty or thirty tickets are left or whatever
  • It's because they are focused on kills rather than objectives. They need to reward pto far more than individual glory in these type of games. Only way to change the mentality.
  • Lol we had one objective taken in an instant then 17 other players decided to chill outside rather than push. 100 tickets bleeds real fast when they sit around feeding kills rather than throwing lives at the objective.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • What can sometimes be more infuriating is the First Order rushing in to take the east objective before the west one. This strategy leads to every Resistance spawn being close to the west objective making it significantly harder to capture it.
  • 1_Rep_Max
    535 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Octavarius wrote: »
    It's because they are focused on kills rather than objectives. They need to reward pto far more than individual glory in these type of games. Only way to change the mentality.

They do and you’ll always be at the top of the leaderboard if you PTFO. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on the leaderboard or MVP with far fewer kills than others at the top.

The real issue is folks just don’t understand what it means to play the objective. I can’t help but feel that because it’s a shooter most folks get roped into thinking they should be shooting at the other team throughout the match, all the time. Of course you should be however it should be done primarily as a means to ensure you can secure the objective.

The FO up the middle on Jakku drives me nuts as I watch the reinforcement count trend to 0 REALLY quickly. :(
  • I hate this phase because you can’t
    move fluidly between the objectives as the defenders. I wanna defend the far side but I can’t.
  • Jakku is the worst map. I wish I could remove it.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Clone201
    3649 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    What can sometimes be more infuriating is the First Order rushing in to take the east objective before the west one. This strategy leads to every Resistance spawn being close to the west objective making it significantly harder to capture it.

+1

It's impossible to capture that left side point as the First Order against a decent team. The right side is easier to take first though, hence why people go after it.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    What can sometimes be more infuriating is the First Order rushing in to take the east objective before the west one. This strategy leads to every Resistance spawn being close to the west objective making it significantly harder to capture it.

+1

It's impossible to capture that left side point as the First Order against a decent team. The right side is easier to take first though, hence why people go after it.

True. Unfortunately, this is a case of winning the battle but losing the war scenario.
  • Clone201 wrote: »

+1

Doubles the infuriation when you push with a hero and not a single teammate decides to follow.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    Had about ten people doing it yesterday including two not wanting to leave their at-sts

Its been said a million times but I don't think people realise there is an objective. Somehow. Even with the numerous prompts.

Maybe we need the announcer to start shouting 'push forward' when about fifty or thirty tickets are left or whatever

They shouldn't leave the AT/ST... you can get the at/st all the way into the final right side objective as attackers lol.