criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Are you still playing SWBF1?

Prev1
I know I am as I cannot get into BF2 at the moment. I am on Xbox and the last two nights i have struggled to get a game anywhere other than the Outer Rim. Anyone else struggling? I really hope BF1 still gets the players needed, I love it.

Replies

• I have had no problem finding BF1 Xbox games
  • I have had no problem finding BF1 Xbox games

Managed to find games okay last night.
  • Played some Walker Assault and Supremacy over the weekend on PS4. Didn't seem too underpopulated, although I had to open my search region to any rather than my specific one.
  • Just out of interest how do you open your search region? Never done it before? I am on Xbox so is it possible?
  • On PS4 it's in the EA account settings. Even though I'm in the UK I have to set it to East Coast America to get a game.

Shame this game gas been abandoned. Much like The Last Jedi makes you appreciate The Force Awakens, BF2 makes this game seem like a masterpiece. Still, Disney did put the servers back on for the old BF2, so hopefully they will keep the servers for this game for a while.
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    Dantooine wrote: »
    On PS4 it's in the EA account settings. Even though I'm in the UK I have to set it to East Coast America to get a game.

Shame this game gas been abandoned. Much like The Last Jedi makes you appreciate The Force Awakens, BF2 makes this game seem like a masterpiece. Still, Disney did put the servers back on for the old BF2, so hopefully they will keep the servers for this game for a while.

That explains the ping issues people are complaining about.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dantooine wrote: »
    On PS4 it's in the EA account settings. Even though I'm in the UK I have to set it to East Coast America to get a game.

Thanks for this, same on Xbox too, swapped it last night, managed to get games no problem.
  • Mine is set to 'all' regions on PS4. I find games (mainly DLC) without difficulty.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    Sometimes, I played cargo last night.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I play HvV vanilla on PS4 and EU region. No problems finding games from noon to evening here.
  • yes and there are games on PC
  • I can find matches all the time. I just wish they would fix the flippen roll the troopers do to avoid fire
  • I can find matches all the time. I just wish they would fix the flippen roll the troopers do to avoid fire

Yes, the roll in place has killed me more than a few times.
  • im about to switch back to bf1, the graphics are better and the maps are better imo
  • I find games quite fast. Still playing it every day
  • yes i still play SWBF1 and just clicking on 40 gets me a game

sometimes i wanna play Blast on Dune Sea Exchange and.....nothing.

PC.
  • Myself and 7 other friends played BF1 from the begining and now BF2 from the beta. We are now talking about going back to BF1. I want to use th character I like not the one some Dev thinks we should like. Way better games in BF1 such as cargo. Anyway BF2 you SUCK!
  • SimoHayha
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The DLC is dead at night. I miss Sabotage. Cargo has dropped off. Teams seem more unbalanced when I do get into them. Mostly play WA and Blast now.
  • SimoHayha wrote: »
    The DLC is dead at night. I miss Sabotage. Cargo has dropped off. Teams seem more unbalanced when I do get into them. Mostly play WA and Blast now.

I only seem to get games on Outer Rim DLC. I love Bespin but haven't been able to get a game for over a week now. Have put BF2 on once or twice over last few days but just cannot get into it. BF1 all the way for me.
  • Honestly since Battlefront 2 came out I haven't even looked at the box, I did everything there was to achieve in Battlefront 2015, working on the new one now, seems like it will take alot longer.
  • A lot of people still playing BF1, especially WA and Outer Rim DLC. Personally, I still get a lot of really tight matches in Extraction mode....
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    uhhh no. battlefront 1 is definitely a step BACKWARD as far as game quality.

- too many jump packs
    - too many explosives
    - everyone and their mom has a pulse rifle
    etc etc

wise up and play battlefront 2.
  • I deleted it to open up space on the PS4's hard drive. I have considered reinstalling at points, but it just seems like such a hassle due to the update size.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Was playing BF1 last night and it is bonus time again, double points. Not sure how long for. Still couldnt get a game on Bespin, but played a few games on outer rim.
  • admittedly now im getting used to BF2 and starting to enjoy it more,

However, i do go back to BF1 if i was a nice long 30 min session
  • I’ve been debating on redownloading it because i miss Walker Assault.
  • Played on PC last night, it was an absolute blast despite the hackers. Thinking about booting it up on my PS4 again.
  • I still play mainly for the Bespin DLC on both PC and Xbox One. For Pc I can only get Bespin matches when I play on European servers and for Xbox one I can play Bespin on both the US and European servers without a problem.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    My cousin who got me into battlefront actually still plays it and hates everything about the new game.
  • Sure am every day. No problem finding matches on PC. Perhaps a little slow before lunch but after that plenty. I´m in th EU.
  • Was thinking about making some space on hardrive for this game again. Is it dead on ps4? I always played death star and bespin dlc. How do the heroes feel now in comparisons to bf2? I'm wondering if I've grown used to the new movements and this will feel like a big step back. Though I might do it just to revisit a familiar friend named A280-C. The one in bf2 just doesn't feel the same.
  • Still play it as much as I can especially WA and DS
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Was thinking about making some space on hardrive for this game again. Is it dead on ps4? I always played death star and bespin dlc. How do the heroes feel now in comparisons to bf2? I'm wondering if I've grown used to the new movements and this will feel like a big step back. Though I might do it just to revisit a familiar friend named A280-C. The one in bf2 just doesn't feel the same.

its not dead on PS4. Plenty of people still play it, and the lobbies fill up no different now than before the launch of the new game. A lot of people absolutely hate BF2 with a passion, and absolutely love BF1 much better.
  • I still play and enjoy the game. Overall, I think it was a better game than the newer one. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the Jump Pack spam.
  • Still playing SWBF1on PS4, especially WA and Outer Rim DLC. Lobbies are still full or close to full...Still so much fun to play tight matches on Extraction mode.
  • BF15 is just a better game all around imo, and by a large margin.
  • I was thinking on playing BF I. However i heard many friends of mine saying it's kinda dead and takes forever to find a game. I wanna play it on PC
  • Jaykin wrote: »
    I was thinking on playing BF I. However i heard many friends of mine saying it's kinda dead and takes forever to find a game. I wanna play it on PC

I started BF2015 multiplayer about a year ago, and the game was pretty much already dead on PC from what I heard. It's still alive and kicking on XBox and PS4 though.
  • Had a great few hours on Sunday playing Bespin DLC on Xbox. Havent been able to get on Bespin for weeks so made the most of it.
  • Bespin was titz. Also extraction mode on the first dlc. Never seen a bigger cluster than when being stuck behind the cart on an incline trying to avoid exposives all around
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Corndog75 wrote: »
    I know I am as I cannot get into BF2 at the moment. I am on Xbox and the last two nights i have struggled to get a game anywhere other than the Outer Rim. Anyone else struggling? I really hope BF1 still gets the players needed, I love it.

same here, always the same people no matter what, nothing else shows up, its kinda pathetic, game looks and feels more starwars than the lame swbf2, not sure how dice messed things up but m tired of the same people when i play swbf15
  • they might as well play SWBF1....BF2 has too many Aimbot Hackers
  • Corndog75 wrote: »

Nope it is IMPOSSIBLE to get any games because i have NEVER gotten into one and i've had the ultimate edition for a week
  • I am still struggling to find games even switching regions hasnt helped. Desperate to play Bespin DLC, havent found a game for three weeks now. Gutted.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Corndog75 wrote: »
    I am still struggling to find games even switching regions hasnt helped. Desperate to play Bespin DLC, havent found a game for three weeks now. Gutted.

I'm not surprised, after the progression changes to Battlefront 2 it's more popular.
  • I got on just fine two days ago. Granted, it was difficult to get used to again but I got in.
  • I still play BF1. It's just too much fun to play. I can't get into BF2. I tried many times but find HvV to be a piece of s***. I don't understand what EA/Dice were thinking.
  • d0kRX
    1438 posts Member
    Played it last night. It's truly mind boggling to me that they didn't take the good from it and put it in the new one.