criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

10 second respawn wait

What is the point of the 10 second wait time when respawning? We typically spawn well away from the action and it takes another 10+ seconds to get to the fight. Feels way too long to me.

It's not the winning but the taking part.... and winning

Replies

• darthsbro wrote: »
    What is the point of the 10 second wait time when respawning? We typically spawn well away from the action and it takes another 10+ seconds to get to the fight. Feels way too long to me.

I think the respawn timed in Strike is too long.
    Say you died as soon as the enemy activated the charges on the LAAT on Naboo, by the time you respawn and reach the objective it has already detonated
  • A agree, it’s way to long imo, then being spawned so far away makes it closer to 20 seconds. If someone dies 10 times that’s over 3 min of spawn time for what’s usually a short game. At least in bf15 we had jumppacks to get back in the action if we spawned out.
  • It does feel like a double punishment for dying.

And why am I always the one in the left box waiting the full 10 seconds, while other join after?

Other than get good and don't die of course (Before someone else says it) :wink:
  • +1
    It's my least favorite part of this game. I hate it. Hoping this gets addressed whenever they rework the squad system.
  • Takes 5 years just to respawn
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Hate it on Endor. Sometimes as I'm running back to the action I run into a new spawn of players because I was so far back. Spend the majority of the match running instead of playing.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    New mode, Cross country spawning lol.
  • ASG_FROZEN
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Perhaps this could be a milestone. For 10 minutes in addition waiting time for respawn, everybody gets 50.000 credits and 4 purple star cards.
    o:)
    Abyssus abyssum invocat.
  • anstee
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah I stopped playing Strike purely because of the 10 second respawn. It is way too much. Enough to cost you the game, espcially if you are trying to deliver a package. Only 8 players on a side and nearly always at least 2 guys on a 10 second delay even before travel time.

Then you back out to change weapon/ card/ class the 10 seconds resets.

A non objective mode like Blast has 5 seconds! Pointless. I also hate the squad part in Blast with the spawn points, forever walking round a corner and meeting a group of 4. More annoying than the constant Partner spawn in BF15.

SA has less due to the AI ships making up the squad.

GA it doesn't notice so much as there are 20 per side, so the squad fills up quicker.

HvV is 3 seconds or less unless you are changing character.
    Post edited by anstee on
  • I can see why they do it, think of playing on theed the final phase and the defenders respawn instantly? Those doors would be flooding open every single second with more reinforcements, it would be impossible to win. Personally i think defenders should just respawn just as far away from the point of interest as the attackers do and get rid of the respawn timer.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • PermaGrin
    85 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The 10 seconds is there to allow for others to catch up to spawn as a squad.

If they just let you respawn ASAP, almost no one would be spawning at the "same time", thus almost no one in a squad.

Notice that if your squad (3 others) fills up faster than 10 seconds, you guys just spawn, no more waiting.
  • It's just to form the squad. But still we spawn too far from the battle zone.
    IMO, the squad should be formed based on a player that's alive in the moment, and make the squad members spawn close to the battle zone.
  • I am mainly talking Strike, the other modes work fine. The squad needs 4, which is half the team, so why am I willing my guys to die, to loose tickets, so I can get back into the action to help, makes no sense. Time is what matters, not 4 of us to then go our seperate ways. Lucky to have 8 players working the objective, let alone 4 working as a squad.

Ok, so don’t die. Well, if you are the only one risking it to activate/deactivate or move the package, pretty good chance you will die in doing it. Then after your 20 seconds catch up, do it all again and again.
  • I think that timer is meant as a penalty/power play mechanic as well.

In other words, send someone to the spawn, one team gains an advantage the other is at a disadvantage.

I hate it myself, but I know that if there was an insta-spawn, then the game would be a bit unbalanced in some scenarios (like preventing the enemy from capturing an objective for example).
  • Strike just needs to be 5 seconds like in Blast.
  • +1138
    "Rise."
  • I thought I read either after the beta or after the release that they said they were going to reduce the spawn timer on Strike to 5 seconds. Current spawn time is way too long, I agree.
  • anstee wrote: »

HvV is not 3 seconds, it's 10. At least it is in all my games.

• PermaGrin wrote: »
    The 10 seconds is there to allow for others to catch up to spawn as a squad.

If they just let you respawn ASAP, almost no one would be spawning at the "same time", thus almost no one in a squad.

Notice that if your squad (3 others) fills up faster than 10 seconds, you guys just spawn, no more waiting.
    It only deploys if entire squad is present it dosent get shorter depending on if members join the squad system is garbage and espically in strike theres no reason to spawn with a squad
  • anstee
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I thought I read either after the beta or after the release that they said they were going to reduce the spawn timer on Strike to 5 seconds. Current spawn time is way too long, I agree.

It was in the 1.0 Patch notes, but think that was when Blast reduced from 10 to 5. Strike annoyingly never changed.
    anstee wrote: »

If you tap to change Hero, but pretty sure if you stay the same it almost spawns you in instantly.
  • anstee wrote: »
    I thought I read either after the beta or after the release that they said they were going to reduce the spawn timer on Strike to 5 seconds. Current spawn time is way too long, I agree.

It was in the 1.0 Patch notes, but think that was when Blast reduced from 10 to 5. Strike annoyingly never changed.

If you tap to change Hero, but pretty sure if you stay the same it almost spawns you in instantly.

Occasionally there will be an almost instant respawn, but mostly it makes you wait 10. And I am not changing villain here.
  • i don't mind the 10 second re-spawn timer, without it the kamikaze vanguard would be out of control.
  • 10 secs would be fine if we can respawn on our squad members.
  • As much as I dislike waiting 10 seconds, I find it even more aggravating that it resets should you decide to change roles when a squad isn't assigned.
    Can't beat 'em? Join 'em. Still can't beat 'em? Login to the forums and cry about it.
  • I think that timer is meant as a penalty/power play mechanic as well.

In other words, send someone to the spawn, one team gains an advantage the other is at a disadvantage.

I hate it myself, but I know that if there was an insta-spawn, then the game would be a bit unbalanced in some scenarios (like preventing the enemy from capturing an objective for example).

Agreed but punish by this wait time OR spawn far away - not both
  • anstee
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Occasionally there will be an almost instant respawn, but mostly it makes you wait 10. And I am not changing villain here.

I see what you mean, but at least 5 seconds of that is the death cam, which I wasn't really including as it doesn't count that in other modes. Plus you can still see what is happening/ enemy health/ location/ tactics etc. Rather than sit in the menu waiting for a squad and have no idea what is going on.
  • Nobody sticks with their squad anyway, so the wait is pointless.

The old way of spawning on your partner was the best and made for better gameplay because you could attack an objective knowing that if you died, you could respawn with your partner and not have to run 3 miles just to get back to where you were.

PSN: Tallion828
  • Nobody sticks with their squad anyway, so the wait is pointless.

The old way of spawning on your partner was the best and made for better gameplay because you could attack an objective knowing that if you died, you could respawn with your partner and not have to run 3 miles just to get back to where you were.

that was literally the only reason it was in the game. They point blank said in game testing the running back times were too long. It had nothing to do with having a partner. Just a rubber band and duct tape fix.

I hated partner spawn. It needed the option to turn it off. The number of times I died because my partner stepped in front of me...the number of times my partner tried to push me off my cover and/or use my spot...the number of times my partner was out sight seeing....
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I used to enjoy the partner spawn when playing with a friend, much quicker to get in the fight. Handy for Cargo as you could run and your partner could keep stalling them from behind.

However, I hated playing against it. You would be 2v1 and then kill one, cover, almost take out the second and pop, the other one is back again and it would be never ending even if you were sure you kept them in danger.
  • If you’re looking for less waiting to spawn, look no further. Those guys’ whole philosophy revolves around continuous flow and fast respawns :)
    n6yr292xpxbb.png
    NeoX
  • The upside to the long spawn times is that it puts a limit on how many times you have time to die in a game.
  • Really horrible when in overtime or right near the end of a game, especially with the spawn points and lack of a squad system...it's about 7 seconds too long assuming they don't add in a squad system.