criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Arcade maps in new patch

Anyone know what maps are coming to arcade with the new patch, and whether or not they will be the full maps and not just small segments of them?

Replies

• We have the same info you do, and the patch notes will be released once the patch goes live. Just going to have to wait. :)
    NeoX
  • We have the same info you do, and the patch notes will be released once the patch goes live. Just going to have to wait. :)

Thanks
  • Jesbro
    556 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hoth, Death Star II, Kashyyyk, Jakku, Endor, and Crait

Those are the maps being added to Arcade in this patch and I believe they will be the small Blast maps like the ones we got at launch.

Anything else is still a surprise right now.
    Post edited by Jesbro on
  • Jesbro wrote: »
    Hoth, Death Star II, Kashyyyk, Jakku, and Endor

Those are the maps being added to Arcade in this patch and I believe they will be the small Blast maps like the ones we got at launch.

Ah thanks, that sucks that they are the small maps!

Did I miss this on twitter or QA thread or where did you get this info?
    NeoX

Dennis said that we will be getting the rest of the small maps in this patch:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/942901/#Comment_942901

"Yes, we're working to add all multiplayer planets to Arcade for the next patch and the intent is whenever a new planet is added to the game, you will be able to play it in all core modes (including Arcade)."
  • Also we will be getting the large maps in the future:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/942946/#Comment_942946

Will Galactic Assault be added to Arcade?

"Not a direct port of Galactic Assault, no. The reason is that we don't want to hinder our Multiplayer designs but constraining us to what the AI can do well (for example, having the AI find Ion Disruptors and locate good vantage points for shooting at the MTT will likely prove difficult). However, if the core of what you're after is to fight larger scale battles in PvE with both Troopers and Vehicles, we're working on something quite like that!"
  • I really want to see the mini map for Theed, so I can Darth Maul the stuff out of that place on Arcade! :D
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • We have the same info you do, and half the patch notes will be released once the patch goes live. Then another half the next day. Just going to have to wait. :)
    Fixed it
    Also we will be getting the large maps in the future:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/942946/#Comment_942946

Will Galactic Assault be added to Arcade?

"Not a direct port of Galactic Assault, no. The reason is that we don't want to hinder our Multiplayer designs but constraining us to what the AI can do well (for example, having the AI find Ion Disruptors and locate good vantage points for shooting at the MTT will likely prove difficult). However, if the core of what you're after is to fight larger scale battles in PvE with both Troopers and Vehicles, we're working on something quite like that!"
    I was pleasantly surprised about this.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    We have the same info you do, and half the patch notes will be released once the patch goes live. Then another half the next day. Just going to have to wait. :)
    Fixed it

Lol, I see what you did there.
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Jesbro wrote: »

Dennis said that we will be getting the rest of the small maps in this patch:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/942901/#Comment_942901

"Yes, we're working to add all multiplayer planets to Arcade for the next patch and the intent is whenever a new planet is added to the game, you will be able to play it in all core modes (including Arcade)."

Ah yes, forgot about that, thanks for the correction.
    NeoX