criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Two birds with one machine gun

For TLDR just read what’s in bold

First issue: Progression system.
Here I’m mostly concerned about newer players having to catch up to us playing since November.

Second issue: lack of incentive to play the objective and win in GA.
Incidentally, the longest match I’ve played, where overtime lasted about 15 mins, is also the one wherein the majority of its players had the most fun. I know because they all took the time to type it out when the next round started. This happened because both teams were playing the objective and trying to win until the very end. And we got extra creds as a bonus for the duration.

Possible solution: Only give podium places to the winning team and give extra credits to every member of that team.
The bonus credits should be significant enough to make a difference, otherwise the status quo will remain unchanged. Something around 200 extra creds per team member plus the current bonus dependant on your place on the podium.

Now, I understand some people play the objective to their best ability and end up first place even though their team is in complete disarray and ends up losing. And we all like podium bonus credits, as measley as they are. However, this ties into the incentive system. If there was an incentive, people would actually care about what the actual goal is. And you’d get a lot more credits by being top 5 of the winning team, because of the double-bonus system I’m proposing.

As for newbies, now that we have a semi-working MM/scramble system, they should be spread evenly enough across teams or lobbies in order to have balance and not have to worry your team is entirely confused as to what’s going on.

Additionally, even if people cheese out whatever BP gain system is the new meta, they will still need to do the objective to get the extra creds.

Please input your opinions but try to remain civil and explain your reasoning.

Sorry for the long read.
NeoX

Replies

• What did the birds ever do to you? :(
  • I mean, figure of speech lol.
    NeoX
  • A straight credits bonus for playing the objective would be a far better solution, especially considering your concern for newer players in point one.

• X2 multiplier only comes from objective points.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    X2 multiplier only comes from objective points.
    It also comes from killstreaks or hanging out with your squad. And we’re talking creds not BP here, unless you meant translating that multiplier into creds?
    NeoX
  • A straight credits bonus for playing the objective would be a far better solution, especially considering your concern for newer players in point one.

That’s not a bad idea, except some things like the BP gain from Crait speeders would have to be tweaked first, otherwise everyone would be waiting in the spawn screen for one.
    NeoX
  • I'm not entirely familiar with how the BP gain on those work? If it's tied to objective point scoring then definitely (i.e. automatic points for "protecting" the objective).

I'd have to see a breakdown on the point scoring methods to update the suggestion.

• NeoExcidious
    1935 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Well it’s based on the damage they do to the at-m6 and also kills. The x2 multiplier also comes into effect I believe.
    Basically, you can finish phase I with anywhere from 50k (average) to 100k BP (in extreme circumstances), just by using the speeders.
    As for other maps, the current BP gain meta is officer using 3 different cards, one of which continues to give you BP after death. And also some vehicles.

Obviously with some tweaks this idea would become viable.
    But as it stands, if that BP gain was directly tied into credit gain, the impact on gameplay could be dire.
    NeoX
  • Sorry bro to necro this thread but I’m having trouble trying to send you a riveted private message?? Hw the hel?
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    What did the birds ever do to you? :(

RIP Birds, 2018-2018
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    For TLDR just read what’s in bold

First issue: Progression system.
    Here I’m mostly concerned about newer players having to catch up to us playing since November.

Second issue: lack of incentive to play the objective and win in GA.
    Incidentally, the longest match I’ve played, where overtime lasted about 15 mins, is also the one wherein the majority of its players had the most fun. I know because they all took the time to type it out when the next round started. This happened because both teams were playing the objective and trying to win until the very end. And we got extra creds as a bonus for the duration.

Possible solution: Only give podium places to the winning team and give extra credits to every member of that team.
    The bonus credits should be significant enough to make a difference, otherwise the status quo will remain unchanged. Something around 200 extra creds per team member plus the current bonus dependant on your place on the podium.

Now, I understand some people play the objective to their best ability and end up first place even though their team is in complete disarray and ends up losing. And we all like podium bonus credits, as measley as they are. However, this ties into the incentive system. If there was an incentive, people would actually care about what the actual goal is. And you’d get a lot more credits by being top 5 of the winning team, because of the double-bonus system I’m proposing.

As for newbies, now that we have a semi-working MM/scramble system, they should be spread evenly enough across teams or lobbies in order to have balance and not have to worry your team is entirely confused as to what’s going on.

Additionally, even if people cheese out whatever BP gain system is the new meta, they will still need to do the objective to get the extra creds.

Please input your opinions but try to remain civil and explain your reasoning.

Sorry for the long read.

Stop making me Proud every day dude! I can only cry tears of pride so much before I get even more Proud and the cycle continues! :cry: :smiley:

Good post man. I like the suggestions. And I’m Very Big On Objective Players taking the podium for working hard for the win, and getting Bonus creds. 100% all for that all about that.

jwupzie9yrlm.png
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Hehe, thanks Dash. @SmokyToast777 I’ll message you so you can just reply to it.
    NeoX
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    yep. Incentivize will get most players on the same page for running objectives. The whole team should def get the credit bump for the win, that'll help prevent a 40 player match turn into 25 by phase 2. I still think the best way to keep GA engaging and focused on the big battle is to add Hero Hunt mode. A lot of players just want to battle their heroes against infantry, and the current HvV offering is not cutting it, so what we're seeing now in GA is players getting to 6K and then waiting in the lobby or quitting. I went through 5 consecutive matches last night and the match fell apart & ended phase 2 like clockwork because the leaders with their heroes weren't dying, and most everyone else either quit out or sat idle in the cue if they had points to burn.

Players want to smash troopers with their heroes. And the only way to do that right now is play GA, aka the New Hero Hunt - with a longer waitlists...Granted, there's some generalizing and I know there's a lot of good GA players interested in the missions. But the career milestones, the fact we don't have Hero Hunt, just points to alternative motives in GA IMHO.

giphy.gif
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...