criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Patch 1.2 Arcade

Prev1
It is awesome we got more map for Arcade mode. However I must say I was expecting more. I was hoping for more modes in Arcade. I am not that big on Multiplayer PvP. I feel it is too competitive most of the time. I really prefer PvE. The only time I have enjoyed PvP, is when I am able to work fully with other players as a team. Which mean talking to one another, making sure we have a game plan. However that rarely happens anymore, now that I am adult and have to work to support my family. My schedule just doesn't line up with my friends anymore. So offline deals, great story and very in depth campaign and PvE are the only thing that really makes me play games now days. The only reason why I got BF 2 was because they said they were going back to the roots of the originals. Which were had great solo support, however BF 2 has been a great let down. In my honest opinion, BF 1 is just a little better, mainly due to the offline star fighter mode. Also original BF 2(OBF 2) is 100% better then new BF 2. OBF 2 was very well balanced, BF 2 just seems like a work in progress. I am afraid it feel that way until more modes are added to arcade and the loot crate is fix. They should rework it how Halo 5 does theirs. Also they need to add a craft loot crate.

Replies

• Great update, the AI changes are great. However when they said MORE in the arcade, I was expecting well more. At-least a new mode. "Sigh". I was so looking forward to having some kind of vehicle mode added. Next time they same more, I know not to get my exceptions s high. More just means maps.
  • Dennis has mentioned that they're working on a 'deeper' mode for Arcade but that it will take some time. Honestly, it took us a long time to get skirmish so I would exercise patience if you're looking for more arcade options. I think building PvE takes a lot of time for DICE and Criterion to do well so hopefully it'll be worth however long the wait is.

In the meantime, having more maps for what they do have in arcade is nice. At least there's a little more variety added to the mode before they start pumping the game with much needed changes.
  • New update didn't fix the fact that when you complete your mission goals you don't get credit for them in real time. I was only required to play 3 rounds of arcade and I have played 9 rounds and only have 1 credit. This does get old.
  • Glad fir the arcade update in patch. Great start! Love Endor, especially with everything on one hit..,
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Glad fir the arcade update in patch. Great start! Love Endor, especially with everything on one hit..,

Happy you like it. I thought the first area would be fun for Arcade (I didn't use the blast area as you can see) :)

By the way more things will come for Arcade - one step at a time.

Thank you. Many of us are looking forward to new additions for Arcade mode. Has any consideration been given for a sort of Galactic Conquest like the original BF2 had? Combing through the forums since yesterday, I've noticed this being requested more times than I can count. If this is actually being considered or even planned to be implemented, can you folks allow the players to choose which era as well as which side they want fight for?
  • I'm really loving the new arcade maps. I can hardly wait till we get some offline big maps with vehicles and hopefully special unit AI.

Happy you like it. I thought the first area would be fun for Arcade (I didn't use the blast area as you can see) :)

You guys flippin' nailed it with this update! The AI is soooooo good, along with the way the AI utilizes the maps. Death Star, Endor, and Jakku are my favorite! Hoping that this new large scale game mode includes the entirety of each map in phases, Vehicle AI, and Galactic Assault type objectives (So that it's not just large scale blast mode).

Seriously, awesome job on this update! You guys are killing it!

However, the AI Officer needs a Buff. They hardly shoot at you or get any killsor and activate their abilities.
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1388 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Glad fir the arcade update in patch. Great start! Love Endor, especially with everything on one hit..,

@petervesti_dice

Thank you so much for the new maps. Glad that you guys are continuing to support Arcade. Can you reveal anything about what or when things will come to Arcade? Is hero AI a possibility?
    Post edited by ELIMELECH0401 on
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I am glad that a new map has been added. But at the same time there was a bad change.
    The headshot damage magnification to AI tripled and the damage to the leg was 70%. And in the ion shot the head shot magnification is 1 time. This makes it difficult to use multiplayer practice (especially rifle headshot practice), making accurate verification difficult.
    Also, you can kill AI with one melee attack. In this world the fist seems to be stronger than the blaster. I do not want this.
    I would like to use the arcade as a place to practice or a place to verify. However, if it breaks it becomes a daily credit game.

Hmm? "You should validate with split-screen play"? It's a good idea, but I only have a PC version.

P.S. We used Google Translate.
  • I am very happy with the additional maps/AI updates to arcade. I look forward to seeing this as a good framework for when a bigger mode for arcade comes for sure. if the AI continues to get tuned by the time we have starfighter assault and a large scale ground war mode it will really make Battlefront II epic. It will be even more epic when the new customization comes and we can possibly use the skins on our characters for offline arcade play as well.
  • Hello @petervesti_dice , thank you for adding the 6 maps to arcade im really enjoying it.

By the way it would be so great if we could use vehicles on arcade(for example on yavin 4). Hero Ai or Special Unit Ai would be so amazing too! Is that possible? :smile:
  • Relieved to see the other maps added to Arcade - I was getting bored of only having six!

I hope we can have an arcade version of Starfighter Assault where we can play hero ships from the start. I rarely get the chance to use hero ships in SA - on the rare occasions I unlock them, the match is almost over or I don't know how to use them properly so get gunned down by superior players in a non-hero ship!
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    joeybmx7 wrote: »
    Glad fir the arcade update in patch. Great start! Love Endor, especially with everything on one hit..,

You guys flippin' nailed it with this update! The AI is soooooo good, along with the way the AI utilizes the maps. Death Star, Endor, and Jakku are my favorite! Hoping that this new large scale game mode includes the entirety of each map in phases, Vehicle AI, and Galactic Assault type objectives (So that it's not just large scale blast mode).

Seriously, awesome job on this update! You guys are killing it!

However, the AI Officer needs a Buff. They hardly shoot at you or get any killsor and activate their abilities.

@petervesti_dice would it be possible for the large scale battle mode to have whole entirety area for all maps in multiplayer to be in Arcade. Would love to see Naboo Hangar also added offline and generator room. Love the update thank you. ;)
  • @petervesti_dice, I would like to thank you and the other members on the team for replying to the forums. It really means a lot to us. It shows us that you guys do read what is posted, and it is awesome the support that is shown to the community. We are looking forward to the upcoming patches.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    I am very happy with the additional maps/AI updates to arcade. I look forward to seeing this as a good framework for when a bigger mode for arcade comes for sure. if the AI continues to get tuned by the time we have starfighter assault and a large scale ground war mode it will really make Battlefront II epic. It will be even more epic when the new customization comes and we can possibly use the skins on our characters for offline arcade play as well.

I agree. This is a great step towards starfighter assault and large scale ground war. I hope everyone in the community continues to give feedback, so they can make it EPIC.
  • Jesbro
    630 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Thank you for the Great Updates !!!

Any info you can give us about what is coming to Arcade in the Future?

Large Ground Battles with all vehicles on All maps?

Starfighter Assault with All of its maps?

Every little bit of info helps!

Also wanted to say the AI is great! Hard to play against, especially one shot. Also glad that the first phase of endor was included, and not the strike map. More fun for getting play in the woods! Was wondering if we could get a map of game event plans, too, (updates, limited modes, daily challengs) so we stop getting clickbait on the forums? Just a one to two weeks, even if it says:No game events planned. Thank you for the great game!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Loyaavod
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @petervesti_dice
    Thank you so much for all arcade maps.
    Especially for the Endor map.

I have a problem with one of the older arcade maps. On Yavin 4 there is grey restriction on the wrong place.
    s7ik94506b0h.jpg

If we want to go through that passage we have to go trough the gray area and that is annoying.j4imdligwgta.jpg

Help us :)
    Post edited by Loyaavod on
  • Loyaavod wrote: »
    @petervesti_dice

I have a problem with one of the older arcade maps. On Yavin 4 there is grey restriction on the wrong place.
    s7ik94506b0h.jpg

If we want to go through that passage we have to go trough the gray area and that is so annoying.

You mean, "Help us Obi-Wan, your our only hope." Hint hint.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

• @petervesti_dice
    Considering it may be a while till we get either Starfighter Assault or the large game mode with vehicles I have a request for something that should hopefully be easy to implement in the mean time.
    Playlist where we can set up multiple maps to play. This would decrease the waiting time a lot and many fans would love it. It’s pretty frustrating having to go back to the main menu each time.
    Also two modifiers: One where we can change total number of reinforcements on each side (ie 300 vs 200) this option is available for duel so why not team battle?
    The other modifier would let the reinforcements on the map dwindle down at the end so you have to hunt down the last few troops.

Thanks you
  • Loving the new maps, especially the Endor map. Can't wait to see what comes next, be it SA or a large scale ground combat mode.

Really enjoying the new changes to the AI. They are definitely more intelligent when it comes to using their abilities, and seem to avoid charging into melee when not advantageous. Also it seems they are more "animated" than before, similar to the campaign AI.

Main points I really like:

1. Assault troopers no longer shoot you with their tracker darts.

2. Snipers keep their distance and avoid charging the player.

3. Heavies will pop their shields at appropriate moments.

4. Officers do a better job of using their buff when near the player and AI allies.

Only two bugs I've encountered so far. First is that the AI will sometimes fall partially into the floor on Takodana (if viewing the castle from the forest, it's the first room on the right of the inner courtyard) and Kamino (four way indoor junction just outside of the hangar bay). Only their heads and shoulders are visible. This one may have been present before 1.2 but I can't be sure.

Second is that sometimes the AI won't register being hit by a weapon (no hitmarkers, no damage inflicted). Seems to happen infrequently with blasters, but happens quite often with the Assault trooper's shotgun, sometimes as often as every other shot. This one I've only noticed after patch 1.2.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Xerxes52 wrote: »
    Loving the new maps, especially the Endor map. Can't wait to see what comes next, be it SA or a large scale ground combat mode.

Really enjoying the new changes to the AI. They are definitely more intelligent when it comes to using their abilities, and seem to avoid charging into melee when not advantageous. Also it seems they are more "animated" than before, similar to the campaign AI.

Main points I really like:

1. Assault troopers no longer shoot you with their tracker darts.

2. Snipers keep their distance and avoid charging the player.

3. Heavies will pop their shields at appropriate moments.

4. Officers do a better job of using their buff when near the player and AI allies.

Only two bugs I've encountered so far. First is that the AI will sometimes fall partially into the floor on Takodana (if viewing the castle from the forest, it's the first room on the right of the inner courtyard) and Kamino (four way indoor junction just outside of the hangar bay). Only their heads and shoulders are visible. This one may have been present before 1.2 but I can't be sure.

Second is that sometimes the AI won't register being hit by a weapon (no hitmarkers, no damage inflicted). Seems to happen infrequently with blasters, but happens quite often with the Assault trooper's shotgun, sometimes as often as every other shot. This one I've only noticed after patch 1.2.

I have seen enemies in the floor on Takodana before patch 1.2.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
    @petervesti_dice

s7ik94506b0h.jpg

If we want to go through that passage we have to go trough the gray area and that is annoying.j4imdligwgta.jpg

Thanks for this feedback. I agree there's some problems with the out of combat areas in that map, we will fix it!
  • ACEJD87 wrote: »
    So offline deals, great story and very in depth campaign and PvE are the only thing that really makes me play games now days. The only reason why I got BF 2 was because they said they were going back to the roots of the originals.

Same here.

I just wish there wasn't so much lag while playing splitscreen; it's unplayable for me. My sibling and I aren't having very much fun taking turns.
    @petervesti_dice

s7ik94506b0h.jpg

Thanks for this feedback. I agree there's some problems with the out of combat areas in that map, we will fix it!

Is there a way we could use vehicles on yavin 4 ? Would be nice if they could be added. The area outside is big enough on arcade @petervesti_dice
    @petervesti_dice

s7ik94506b0h.jpg

Is there a way we could use vehicles on yavin 4 ? Would be nice if they could be added. The area outside is big enough on arcade @petervesti_dice

Team battle mode is blast. Smaller mode and without vehicles and it must stay like that. They promised bigger mode with vehicle so be patient.
    @petervesti_dice

s7ik94506b0h.jpg

Thanks for answer. Can't wait :)
  • N4th4n wrote: »
    ACEJD87 wrote: »
    So offline deals, great story and very in depth campaign and PvE are the only thing that really makes me play games now days. The only reason why I got BF 2 was because they said they were going back to the roots of the originals.

Same here.

I just wish there wasn't so much lag while playing splitscreen; it's unplayable for me. My sibling and I aren't having very much fun taking turns.

Does changing to 3rd person help?
  • N4th4n
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Does changing to 3rd person help?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a difference. I appreciate the suggestion, though!
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1388 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    N4th4n

Sorry to hear that. I encourage reporting it as a bug.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en

Please pass it on to Criterion that we want Starfighter Assault playable in Arcade!

To make it a more engaging experience offline, I would double the number of on-rails AI Bombers from 6 to 12 for all maps (and increase the spawn rate so bombers spawn more frequently), add AI Bombers to the defending team on maps where the attackers have capital ships like the Light Cruiser and Blockade Runner (i.e. Fondor and Ryloth) and also add AI Interceptors like what we see in the campaign mission "Outcasts"; these would be specially designated Fighters and Interceptors (highlighted with the "Attack" icon) specifically programmed to shoot down the on-rails Bombers.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • @petervesti_dice

Thanks for the new arcade maps.

In a future update it would be cool if we could unlock weapons and star cards offline or just have everything automatically unlocked offline.

Also on the Tatooine map I noticed that the Cantina Hologram does not work when you activate it.
  • N4th4n

Sorry to hear that. I encourage reporting it as a bug.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-battlefront-ii-bug-reports-en

Thanks. I've reported it a while ago, hopefully it will be addressed soon.
  • @petervesti_dice

In a future update it would be cool if we could unlock weapons and star cards offline or just have everything automatically unlocked offline.

Also on the Tatooine map I noticed that the Cantina Hologram does not work when you activate it.

What's the Cantina Hologram supposed to do?
  • @petervesti_dice

None of those type of things work. Desth star and endor too.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• @petervesti_dice

One more question.

is there any chance that the Takodana playable area size will be expanded close to the size of the blast Takodana map?

the current map only covers the castle and feels slightly claustrophobic compared to other arcade maps.

Other maps are perfect.

thanks in advance for the reply
  • @petervesti_dice
    Thanks for this patch 1.2
    Thanks for supporting Arcade.

AI is now correct but i think it could still be better by being more reactive. AI soldiers can't running ?
    We need customization in Arcade.
    We want to see AI special unit and heroes.
    SA need to be in Arcade...
    Online coop for playing with friend is verry neccesary.
    Big mode with objectives.

Please !
  • I feel you. I'm not good at FPS and I will never be due to my limited game time per week (with a full-time job and sometimes a freelance job), so I'm all for having all game modes & full maps in Custom Arcade.

However, don't cut yourself off from online multiplayer completely. It's not as competitive or stressful as you might think. Normally, I don't enjoy playing with jerks who think being rude is part of the fun, but it seems like most of the players just don't talk to each other in this game. Sometimes the moments of 'silent understanding' occur between your teammates and you play like a professional commando unit, but most of the time players just run off and do their own thing. Good players kill a lot while not-so-good players can still kill sometimes.

All in all, even though not being able to select your favorite map is super annoying, multiplayer isn't that bad. You'll get better little by little. Setting the camera to the 3rd-person view also helps a lot.

I wish they would add level progression to Custom Arcade as well. They could limit the unlocked items to offline only so that it wouldn't affect the online gameplay balance.
  • Romano8390 wrote: »
    @petervesti_dice

AI is now correct but i think it could still be better by being more reactive. AI soldiers can't running ?

Please !

I'd love to see this.
  • ross42899
    1514 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    @petervesti_dice

Can I please request a small increase of map boundaries on Arcade Mos Eisley & Yavin 4 maps? There are two small things regarding the map boundaries which bother me a little bit (in addition to the small issue with the corridor on Yavin 4 Loyavood mentioned already.)

Mos Eisley:

There is this area with two parallel running alleys leading to a gate. One alley is on the right side of a small building the other on the left side of the building. Unfortunately however you can only use the right alley. If you want to use the left alley, you are out of the map boundary already. I wish the left alley would also be included in the map boundary. Feels a bit weird you can’t use that alley.

Can you please increase the map boundaries to include the left alley too?

o5x41az90o95.jpg
    twcyd2qrjpdu.jpg

Yavin 4:
    There is this area with stairs leading up to the upper floor with a new corridor and a small platform. The platform on the second floor is within map boundaries but for some reason the stairs leading to the platform are out of map boundaries.

Can you please increase the map boundaries a little bit to include the stairs within the map boundaries too?

urbs1zsl86cu.jpg
    effnipqsacl4.jpg
    m7omfg69r375.jpg

Apparently it seems the area with the stairs and the platform is above/near the inaccassable corrdior Loyavood mentioned earlier. So with increasing the map boundaries here you could fix both issues at once as it seems and make the stairs as well as the corridor accessable.
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Romano8390 wrote: »
    @petervesti_dice

Please !

I'd love to see this.

please @petervesti_dice @FireWall

#SoloPlayersMatter
  • Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    Want spectator mode conquest, supremecy, and offline co-op.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I really appreciate the new content for arcade. I to would love to see some modes that have a goal. But my biggest thing is that I wish there was an option to choose the time of day. I have difficult time seeing in the night maps. I always have to exit and restart arcade to get a day mode. I would love to also have the option to pick another map at the end of a match instead of having to exit arcade and start it again to pick another map.

Thanks Very Much
  • Cool, new patch is coming!! Thanks! But was dos it mean to all arcade player? Are we also able to select star cards and all the other stuff? Or is it just available through online content?