criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Probably an unpopular HvV request here...

Prev1
DarthJ
6051 posts Member
...but I would love to see some form of penalty implemented for quitting out early in HvV. Other modes are fine, but for HvV, its one of the many things that is making the mode unpopular.

Nothing more annoying than waiting for the lobby to fill up for 5 minutes or so, only to get in the game, one team gets a couple of kills and suddenly its 1 or 2v4. Obvious issue would be those who lag out, but 99% of leavers are blatant rage quitters. I mean, a few night back I was playing and we were winning about 10-6, magically 3 members of the opposition vanish. The last one goes not long after that. So we waited 5-10 minutes for that?!

I know a penalty couldnt be too harsh as it would scare players off completely, but credits or crafting parts loss would be fine surely? Or even not allowing you to quit out until the match ends?

Plenty of times my team has been losing too, but I've stayed and fought, looked at scoreboard and realised its me vs 4, or me and one other. Its frustrating.

Any thoughts?
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• Completely agree.

Had this last night a couple of times where the opposition only had 1 or 2 players.

Not sure what a fair penalty would be but there should be a deterrent for leaving the game early.

Another thing that gets me is waiting in the lobby for 5 minutes to have a player join just as another gives up and then have to wait another 5 minutes. A notification would be good saying that a playing is coming in.
    PSN: bilbo2407
  • I think the issue is really down a combination of small team sizes of 4 and the spawn system.

Often what happens is the team that lose the first encounter get split up by the spawn system and it goes downhill from there.

Novice players run head first and alone into the enemy team to assist their team mates and by the time they get there their team mates have been killed and its them alone vs the enemy team. Of course the player gets gangbanged.

Rinse and repeat. Then they quit after a couple of cycles of this.

Maybe a smart spawn system that gave the losing side a slight spawn advantage would help.

Or increase the team numbers as more Heroes and Villains get added with DLC.

• I was playing and beating a team heavily and then all of the players quit so nobody is left. We just wait spamming our abilities and no one came. I agree that there should be a penalty
  • SamHJ7 wrote: »
    I was playing and beating a team heavily and then all of the players quit so nobody is left. We just wait spamming our abilities and no one came. I agree that there should be a penalty

Not had it yet where all players left. Im assuming you are just stuck in play unable to finish until more players turn up?
  • I agree

In the other modes it's not as important, but in HvV where it's 4v4 every person counts
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Yes please!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Completely agree.

Had this last night a couple of times where the opposition only had 1 or 2 players.

Not sure what a fair penalty would be but there should be a deterrent for leaving the game early.

Another thing that gets me is waiting in the lobby for 5 minutes to have a player join just as another gives up and then have to wait another 5 minutes. A notification would be good saying that a playing is coming in.

Oh yeah, I hate that when the countdown starts and then someone decides no...
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    I think the issue is really down a combination of small team sizes of 4 and the spawn system.

Often what happens is the team that lose the first encounter get split up by the spawn system and it goes downhill from there.

Novice players run head first and alone into the enemy team to assist their team mates and by the time they get there their team mates have been killed and its them alone vs the enemy team. Of course the player gets gangbanged.

Maybe a smart spawn system that gave the losing side a slight spawn advantage would help.

That's a good idea with spawns and could go towards it. As it is, no-one waits to regroup and then everyone quits!
    I think the issue is really down a combination of small team sizes of 4 and the spawn system.

Exactly.
    The teams get split up after death, no squad respawn, which basically destroys a pug team, and this, and this alone, is the reason why I don't like to pug HvV.
  • 2 years ago...I suggested a quitting penalty and I got lit the H up. Lol.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Penalize them! Leaving me to fight 4 villains on my own! If they're running from the fight they're not heroes so let the punishment fit the crime.
  • @greedo1980

I think you got it right. Its the player count and spawn system. For a team mode - its lonely as heck.

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    2 years ago...I suggested a quitting penalty and I got lit the H up. Lol.

Must be my charm mate :wink:
  • Heroes vs Villains should be round-based in each match as a possible fix to that aforementioned spawning issue. Somewhat similar to the last Battlefront and R6. That, or just make it like Hero Blast or the OG Hero Assault from the OG Battlefront II.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't players who leave early not get any credits? That alone should be punishment enough for their wasted time/effort. If this is true then perhaps they can warn players of this when attempting to leave early as to discourage it.

As for the false starts before the game begins, I bet if they didn't show the score from the previous round we'd have less dropouts. If a player joins and sees his teammates are getting 1-2 kills against their opponents 20+ they may not stick around. Of course if they did this it'd be harder to sport AFK farmers, because you know if you see a player with zero kills but 1,200 score they either suck or were AFK.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't players who leave early not get any credits? That alone should be punishment enough for their wasted time/effort. If this is true then perhaps they can warn players of this when attempting to leave early as to discourage it.

As for the false starts before the game begins, I bet if they didn't show the score from the previous round we'd have less dropouts. If a player joins and sees his teammates are getting 1-2 kills against their opponents 20+ they may not stick around. Of course if they did this it'd be harder to sport AFK farmers, because you know if you see a player with zero kills but 1,200 score they either suck or were AFK.

Yeah they get no credits mate for leaving. Just an annoyance how it then impacts on the game for everyone else. A warning that they are leaving or about to leave would at least highlight when your team will go a person down.
  • This has been happening to me for a while, but recently it seems to be the light side that quits more often than not. I think they rage quit because of the Boba and Vader buffs, Boba maybe in particular. They should just man up and git gud rather than rage quit a minute into the match.

There should definitely be some kind of penalty for quitting midmatch-just for HvV though. HvV is the only mode where every single team member is crucial to winning, losing just one person can sometimes make it nearly impossible to win. It's annoying when you just want to get one decent match in and that doesn't even happen
  • Completely with you guys. The leavers always leave within the first 1-2 minutes of the match which is friggin ridiculous. It's like they don't even try!

The servers keep going dead too after waiting long periods in the lobby from constant leavers which is also annoying. It forces you to quit and rejoin the mode which of course qutting and joining take forever as it is.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Yeah, this happened a while ago to me actually. Me and a friend hadn't really played HvV before, and we had a daily mission to play three rounds of it, so we jumped into a game. I say 'jump', I mean stood in a mile-long queue. We finally get into the match, we got like two target kills ahead, and it was only like 7-5 so it's not like they've got no chance of winning, they just need to coordinate their team, stick together a bit more. But then two of them leave at the same time (probably in a party), and the third leaves fairly soon after. The fourth, in his defence, stayed until the end of the game, and actually got a target kill, but obviously we won quite soon as we could just crowd into him and destroy him. Annoying, because not only does it make it even harder to win if you're against a good team, it also makes a game pretty boring when you're on the 4 in a 4v1 situation.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Nice to see some people feel the same. What could the penalty be do you think?
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Has this time out idea been implemented in any other games? How did it work there?
    DarthJ wrote: »

Has this time out idea been implemented in any other games? How did it work there?

the only game i can think of is cs:go comp mode, a game i don't play
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »

I'm not sure. What does it entail?
  • I think there'd be less issues if it scrambled up the teams at the end of every round regardless of people playing in parties. Also give priority to matches already started when people click to join an HVV match so they can replace quitters instead of filling up a fresh server.

I sometimes duck out before the start if it's a map I dislike (I had Takodana 3 times in a row last night, can't stand it) or if I check the previous round and detect the whiff of some suspicious tryhards. I saw a nerd with 34 kills on the opposition the other night, my team-mates all had 2-3 kills. That ain't a good sign. Loss of credits is punishment enough.
  • IcedFreon
    652 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Completely agree.

Bf 2015 had the option to see who's coming into the game. So many simple features taken out of this game. Like that and the ability to buy stuff for your cards without having to go to the main menu
  • Spiito
    1509 posts Member
    . . . There was one time, I was gonna play HvV with my mate, and I was trying to pick Phasma's cards before the start of the entire game, I figured I had time. Then, the game starts playing the intro, the villains walking up, and my screen still had the hero/villain's selection boxes along the bottom of the screen, only every hero box was Xed out, I couldn't select anything! I wasn't loaded in and my game was fubar. So I *had* to leave.

Penalties would be fine ... but understand that people aren't always leaving because of whimsical reasons.
  • YourReckoning
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Funny thing is most people I talk to have the issue with waiting for players in the lobby and seems alot here do too but DICE think there is no issue as Dennis put in the Q&A.

"We're not seeing a lot of issues with HvV games not starting quickly enough and we believe in getting the entire team lined up for both sides before kicking off the action. If this becomes a widespread issue we'll of course reevaluate."

• DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Funny thing is most people I talk to have the issue with waiting for players in the lobby and seems alot here do too but DICE think there is no issue as Dennis put in the Q&A.

"We're not seeing a lot of issues with HvV games not starting quickly enough and we believe in getting the entire team lined up for both sides before kicking off the action. If this becomes a widespread issue we'll of course reevaluate."

Yeah that wasnt what I wanted to hear. Its just annoying when people leave a couple of deaths in
  • Heroes vs Villains should also be like, 8v8 or something. Quitters, on either side, ruin the game mode for me.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • bfloo
    14058 posts Member

If I'm reading this right, that means there is no chance of a player that leaves being replaced. :(

Sad part is there are times I've done better on my own after my 3 useless team mates have left.

I also had a 2v4 where we came back after the other 2 stopped burning points (still lost, but we turned a 6 point deficit to 3)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    If I'm reading this right, that means there is no chance of a player that leaves being replaced. :(

That's not true. I've been back filled into existing games plenty of times, and had others fill vacant spots on a team. The above statement probably only applies to unfilled lobbies waiting to start a game.
  • IonYaleY wrote: »
    Is quitting for no reason the exact problem or the inequalities of the two teams by means of levels experiences or anything else?

Well there's absolutely no doubt that matchmaking is broke it is probably the top priority now for me.

• bfloo
    14058 posts Member

That's not true. I've been back filled into existing games plenty of times, and had others fill vacant spots on a team. The above statement probably only applies to unfilled lobbies waiting to start a game.

I think I was placed into a game once. I've never seen a player replace 1 who left.

h846398gb27k.png

• Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I think I was placed into a game once. I've never seen a player replace 1 who left.

Maybe it's less reliable on the Xbox? On the PC it hasn't been much of an issue. Although if a player leaves there's no guarantee they'll be replaced, and that's frequently the case.
  • bfloo
    14058 posts Member

Maybe it's less reliable on the Xbox? On the PC it hasn't been much of an issue. Although if a player leaves there's no guarantee they'll be replaced, and that's frequently the case.

It could be platform specific.

All the complaints about being short after quitters makes me think it doesn't refill often.

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ wrote: »
    I know a penalty couldnt be too harsh as it would scare players off completely, but credits or crafting parts loss would be fine surely? Or even not allowing you to quit out until the match ends?
    If they introduce a penalty systems, quitters are just going to AFK or mess around, the best way to fix this is a decent matchmaking that matches players with same skill and also prevents premades pub stomping.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Victor94 wrote: »
    If they introduce a penalty systems, quitters are just going to AFK or mess around, the best way to fix this is a decent matchmaking that matches players with same skill and also prevents premades pub stomping.

True, closer matches would hopefully stop quitting
  • i feel like they could work harder to fill open slots too.....

ive joined teams down a person and can often come back and win
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I'm sorry, but I'm quite guilty of this myself :sweat_smile:

I dont do it as often as quitting when someone bests me, but I just can't stand when I'm on terrible teams that split up and leaves me to getting gang-up on by the opposing team who proceeds to emote my death

You were meant to destroy the quitters, not join them!
  • Very seldom do players get replaced in matches on xbox that I've seen. But it does happen and I wonder why it doesn't ALWAYS happen.

Also, shortly after I replied earlier I started playing HvV. In my first match I encountered one of those "rubber band on the controller" type players where they do something to keep them from being kicked... IN HvV! This person must have jammed something slightly into the analog stick so they just slowly sidestepped the whole time. What a ****... :-/
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Weird but I've played a ton of HVV and never loaded into a game that had already started. It happened to me twice tonight, one time down 4-5 and one 7-8. DICE must've made a subtle change in the 1.2 patch.
  • Yeah PS based and I can't recall getting put in a game thats started when I think about it. However, I have on rare occasions saw 1 person join.
  • Weird but I've played a ton of HVV and never loaded into a game that had already started. It happened to me twice tonight, one time down 4-5 and one 7-8. DICE must've made a subtle change in the 1.2 patch.

It's definitely happening a lot more since the patch, I think you're right.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • bfloo
    14058 posts Member
    Very seldom do players get replaced in matches on xbox that I've seen. But it does happen and I wonder why it doesn't ALWAYS happen.

Also, shortly after I replied earlier I started playing HvV. In my first match I encountered one of those "rubber band on the controller" type players where they do something to keep them from being kicked... IN HvV! This person must have jammed something slightly into the analog stick so they just slowly sidestepped the whole time. What a ****... :-/

It is the only mode that force spawn you if you don't hit anything after a death.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Very seldom do players get replaced in matches on xbox that I've seen. But it does happen and I wonder why it doesn't ALWAYS happen.

It is the only mode that force spawn you if you don't hit anything after a death.

Well that makes sense then, thanks.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • bfloo
    14058 posts Member

So if they made us hit something to spawn in, it should solve the issue on console at least.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

So if they made us hit something to spawn in, it should solve the issue on console at least.

pretty much
  • marroos
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    After 1.2 rage quit is even more often, and its only happening when i play light side. Why? Because in new "more sabers = win" formula light side sux hard. Iam dark side fan, but light side need improvements. Most of time i leave match after we win as dark side just not to play light side and i move to GA.