criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Poll: From 1 to 10 how happy are you about the game at the moment?

Prev13
Important_info101
741 posts Member
edited February 2018
Just comment a number from 1 to 10.
Priority list:

1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
3. 41st Scout clone trooper
4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
5. First Person only mode

Replies

• Joeyeh3boost
    1077 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hate it.
  • Important_info101
    741 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Im at a 7 now
    Priority list:

1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
    2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
    3. 41st Scout clone trooper
    4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
    5. First Person only mode
  • If 10 is happy then im a 10.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• I'd give it a 5, maybe a 6

• 10... I am enjoying this game a ton still at 600+ hours.
  • 7 due to no real Cargo or Jar Jar. Still happily playing it though. Personally don’t care about playing heros or villains so all the changes/balances to that don’t effect me.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • ASG_FROZEN
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Since 14. Nov they can't fixing the bugs and glitches, can't balancing the classes and heroes and create new bugs and balance issues. If they communicate you hear "soon", "we working on it" and "we know about it", at the end they said "we are listening". Sry but I hate the actual status of the game, the BETA feels like a BETA, this mess here feels like a first ALPHA version.
    Abyssus abyssum invocat.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Has promise but should be better.
    Some things that are occurring should not be happening for a game that has been out for 4+ months. Patches should be progressing the game, not regressing it.

Pretty much this

but I would rate it at a 4. Once new content at least gets announced my rating would change.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Some things that are occurring should not be happening for a game that has been out for 4+ months. Patches should be progressing the game, not regressing it.

Pretty much this

but I would rate it at a 4. Once new content at least gets announced my rating would change.

Yep. 6 is a very generous number
  • 10 out of 10 for you loaded question/post ...what was the point again ? Oh that's right to get an unrepresentative view of the game ..err nope
  • 6/10 being generous being a Star Wars fan..
    "Revenge is not the Jedi way.."
    giphy.gif

• 9+

Very happy, actually.

A few fixes after 1.2 and it's the epic.

Best MP game since Left 4 Dead 2, and that's been 9 years now.
  • Quick, get in your vote before they shut down the poll thread... I give it a 5. Too many bugs, bad servers, lack of any real cheat protection... and EA.
  • 8/10 based on my emotions, 10/10 based on how much I play this darn game.

Its fun, has it quirks, brought down by issues ranging in severity, a mixed bag to be honest. But nevertheless I do enjoy playing.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    define the question. its like asking how happy you are with cars right now - i like aston martin but i hate the fake SUV disguised like a normal car, so its not really possible to put a number on it.

i play arcade. now i have hoth and endor maps im happier. they have forced dynamic resolution on and locked it. i dont like that at all. i dont play the online modes. i cant level up to be equal with anyone else because i keep dying too quick before i can kill anyone else. so i never manage to unlock anything and wind up quitting online because why play modes i will always lose, where people wont want me on their side and most important WHERE I FAIL TO HAVE ANY FUN.

arcade mode gets an 8 mainly because the weapons are locked in it, and you have limits you cant turn off meaning you cant just play for hours without breaks where you have to start from scratch after 999 has run out. the weapons well they relying on you being able to play the online modes successfully enough to unlock them all. the default weapons are the one i want to play with mostly anyway - but they arent good enough for anything except arcade, and cannot be made better like the other 3 for each class.
    invalid brain token
  • I think it’s an 8 as I love almost everything that the team puts out. I don’t understand the people that say they hate it, like why are you on the forums if you hate it so much.
  • 6/10 star wars and (2015)battlefront 1’s sake
    What could be the big news? The big news for me is that Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi are said to be definitively playable in the future. Unfortunately, the fact that these two are coming to the game is now considered the big news. While these are the foundation stones of the Star Wars universe. Very sad.
  • Bamsmacked88
    207 posts Member
    edited February 2018

I think all things considering this is a pretty decent patch but still got a long way to go.

They finally fixed months old issues only to introduce us with more issues that weren't broken before.

I think the oversight on the DC-15LE and changing it back to where it was "supposed" to be is hilarious. Yeah it wasn't functioning like it should have post patch but now that they made it function the way it was meant to be is funny because the gun is too strong now, the oversight on this gun was actually what kept it balanced LOL. The slower rate of fire before compensated for explosive shot because you were heating more per shot. Now you shoot at same rate and the heat build up is the same so it results in less heat per shot -- even though the in game description says it will build up more heat.

I think new Vader choke is still broke.

I think Yoda's presence ability doesn't always work. I've been in stun locks and popped it and still am stun locked.

I feel like after this patch the game runs so much smoother, so I have Dice a thumbs up for that. The micro stuttering seems a lot better than what it was before.
  • I'd probably say either 6 or 7 out of 10.

It started as a 10 out of 10 when I first got the game, but due to the many glitches, exploits, balance issues, and long periods of times between the game being fixed, as well as poor PR and communication on the part of the devs, it's gradually getting lower over time.

I'm sure it could shoot back up with a really quality progression rework and content-filled season 2, but at this point it's hard to get hyped. I'd rather keep my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised.
  • first month 8-10 after first patch 5-7 after 2nd patch 4-5 games are wither being watered down, nerfs rather than counter buffs. game is going backwards very quickly

The fact that more than half the hero cast simply aren’t viable in GA knocks my enjoyment down by 3 out of 10 alone.

The glacial patching speed and unbalanced trooper weapons/abilities are also very annoying.

I’m giving it one more patch.
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member

Awful infantry modes
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• IronSoldier
    3096 posts SWBF Senior Moderator

HvV has been destroyed after the last patch. Saber stun lock. Boba's speed. It's just meh. Really haven't enjoyed it the last couple of days and probably played half the hours I would normally.
  • About a 7

Needs more hues
  • I'd give it an 8 it has many balancing problems but it still gets an 8 because it's Star Wars. That's the only reason I bought it and if it was just another multi-player shooter I probably wouldn't still be playing it.
  • 8.5/10
  • 8 prepatch. 1 postpatch
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

Pretty much this

4 for me as well. HvV and GA are the only modes I play, with HvV currently being a spammy mess and GA is often laggy to the point of being unplayable. I genuinely enjoy playing as heroes in GA though when there is no lag, so if saber combat is reworked, the lag in GA is fixed and we get a small hero vs infantry mode like Extraction my rating would be higher.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • 6/10
    I miss Obi-Wan and Grievous in this game
    Another happy landing
    giphy.gif

• stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    6/10 It gets stale fast.
    Need some more staple modes. Drop zone, supremacy, turning point, walker assault, sabotage, all classics from last game but none are back. Instead we get kind of a mix of everything with galactic assault playlist.
  • 2(01)/10
    90% of my matches end with sending me back to the main menu with a 201 error. It would be just wonderful if they could get around to fixing it ever, but no luck since release.
    最後のジェダイはひどい
  • WarrenChandler
    240 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Let's be honest, the game is pretty much dead. It was pretty much dead at launch, and even 90% of those that remain within the dwindling community are finding it hard to stay loyal. There is very little to truly love here when you look beneath the surface.

I REALLY wanted to love this game, but it just fails on so many levels.

Worst still, and to give it some context, I installed CoD WW2 after leaving this game, since I just wanted something to play (and I have long detested the CoD series), but it was like stepping into gaming nirvana. It's sadly so much better than Battlefront 2 in every area - the polish, the game modes, the game play, the lack of bugs, the progression.. the whole nine yards. All of that, and more should be in Battlefront 2.

Anyway, before the zealots dispense with the "get back to CoD rants", I'll just say kudos to those of you who stick by the game, and I sincerely hope they sort it out for you. For now, I'm quite happy to be playing elsewhere.

And to give it a rating as per the OP's request (sorry for the rant):

5/10 - I could play it, and I LOVE Star Wars, but the game really lacks almost everything that makes a top, top game.

It's got a very long way to go to get there, and I can't see them fixing it. It's Battlefront 2015 all over again, a cut down game that milks the license, with continual promises that things will get better.
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • 7/10. Still playing almost daily, it's Star Wars, and loving playing with the group of guys I squad up with almost nightly. I will say the amount of issues is starting to affect my outlook on things, I really wish they could figure this stuff out a bit quicker, and more communication would help immensely, though I do realize that they are probably being told not to say a lot by the higher ups somewhere in the corporate food chain. Regardless still having a blast, and will be around for a good long while.
  • Despite all it's flaws I liked bf2015 more than this. I at least have fun playing that sometimes but this is mostly always a slog. The heroes and flying is much better in bf2, but the infantry combat is lacking and that is where I spend the majority of my time. It needs a staple mode that is fun. GA is a mishmash of too much. The guns are stale. Squad system sucks. Maps are not as well designed.
  • 2/10. No conquest mode, Arcade mode is still pretty bare-bones and lacks vehicles and starfighters, no bombers for sequel trilogy, only 2 Clone Wars heroes, progression system is still broken, too many Galactic Assault maps force you out of vehicles at one point or another, and very little in the way of visual customization for troopers, special units, and heroes.

The only good thing the game has going for it right now is Starfighter Assault, but only the Original Trilogy and Clone Wars maps are fun to play; Sequel Trilogy SA maps are boring with only two starfighter classes to play as, and the First Order really only has one ship.

Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • close to a 7 but I'll give it a 6, just gets old quick. bf2015 is still playable however, guess the arcade guy in me likes that better.
  • 7 cause of the hero skins but itd be 10 if we had season 2 right now
  • 6 because the future is so unclear. More communication and some small fixes makes it an 8-9 easy
  • I think it’s an 8 as I love almost everything that the team puts out. I don’t understand the people that say they hate it, like why are you on the forums if you hate it so much.

I'd guess that it's because many of us stayed loyal to Battlefront 2015 when they promised it would get better, only to see the game fizzle out and die as the publishers/developers abandoned it. Then we got the promises that they would get it all right in Battlefront 2. We now see the same cycle repeating itself.

It's simple really, we want a decent Star Wars FPS game to play, and to put it simply... this ain't it.

I honestly can't see any way they will continue throwing money into a game that's already appearing to be on its last legs (as far as community size goes - there were actually more people playing the betas when compared with those that remain), and I wouldn't be surprised if the decision to pull the plug has already been made.

My point is, we're here because we're frustrated. This should not be abandonware, it should have been a triple-A game, and whichever way you look at it, they have let the community down in a huge way.
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • The reality is, if it wasn’t Star Wars, it’d already be dead on PC and dying on console.

I actually think DICE have done a really poor job with both Battlefront games and I’ve lost all my respect for them as developers. Whatever talent they once had must have left a few years ago.
  • 3/10 and that's generous.

The fact that I'm four months in and still not receiving duplicate credits has heavily skewed this, but so has the slow patch speed, severe imbalances in heroes, the lack of depth in game modes (sorry HvV guys, but this mode is trash compared to SWBF15), and lack of communication.

The only reason I've played this since this latest patch is because of friends that need help in matches, but even they admit that they wouldn't play this game if they experienced what I've been dealing with.
  • Strike, Blast, Starfighter Assault: 9/10

Galactic Assault, Heroes vs. Villains: 3/10

Overall: 7/10

GA could be great, but there's no balance.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • I'll go back to bayonetta 2 on switch.
  • Around a 6-7. I don't know what it is, but the game doesn't really peak my interest. Unlike the last game it's not because of the sheer imbalance it was left in, but there's just something missing. To me, I play and i'm not getting the feeling that it's Star Wars. I'm not sure how to change that, but it's something the first game did right.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I'd give a good 6, great improvements visually with the recent patch, HvV took a big hit though. Lots of work to be done to get it to a 10 still
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I give it a 7/10, with the matchmaking being the worst problem. GA hasn’t been fun since x-mas, so I’ve just stopped playing it completely unless I have a task for it.

The community I give a 3/10. Mindless drones who jump on the current nerf bandwagon without any clue to the actual problem or implications. They swarm in such large numbers that the devs give in and give them what they want, then the drones hate the nerf and blame the devs for changing it.
  • 9/10 I love it but too many bugs to give it a 10.....