criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Stop With The Hysterics About Rolling

Replies

• Raices
    1358 posts Member
    JAREDUP wrote: »
    People crying Yoda sucks now, 1v1 against me while I'm Yoda and I'll show you he doesn't suck, a different technique is required now

If your on xbox add me and I will stomp you while your yoda my gt is my screen name on here.

Record it and upload it please
  • Well, since the roll has been nerfed, I feel that the saber stun should be reduced, at least against saber heroes. Also, if there is a saber hero who performs the dash, maybe the lock on of attacks is disabled? I'm unsure, because as of now, you can dodge a strike, but it is much more skill based than before.

However, for Yoda, his dodge is negated by the homing effect of the saber strike. So, as a remedy for this, Yoda should get a buff to his sidestep/dodge, so that it covers more ground. For all saber heroes, the using dodge covers slightly more ground faster than if you were to sprint it. However, the only exception to this is Yoda, as his covers hardly any ground and is just better if you were to just run instead. So, buff it to be the same distance covered as Luke or Maul, then he can actually fight properly.

I still feel like both Yoda and Maul should be able to block, but for now, they just need some dodging fixes. The stun could definitely use a reduction so it isn't a death sentence, or remove it entirely.
    Well for one I don't run RIGHT at you. I am dashing and zig zagging, along with a jump or two (no map is 100% open lets be real here). Stun Grenade throw is predictable, or I watch/listen for the cue that furious bowcaster is up. All easily avoidable.

The saber stun alone allows me to get you down to 100 health. You can't roll out of it and you can't magically THROW the grenade as you are getting hit. Choke throw, spin to close distance, dash behind, initiate saber lock. Maul is insanely fast and Chewbacca's standard bowcaster doesn't do enough damage to be a threat unless you alt fire it and can line me up vertically.

With a leveled up Vader it's even easier than Maul.

Of course these situations don't exist in a vacuum, you are assuming 100% 1:1 with all abilities off cool down, all health at full and a giant nice open sandbox to fight in. The stun lock IS a real thing. I have played Chewie/Han/FInn since day 1 and for DS Palp/Maul/Vader. All are maxed out purples and I can say that I have a MUCH harder time with any of my blaster heroes than before and usually it's because I get stunlocked into oblivion.
    Wish you were on Xbox so I could show you "how bad" I am. If they are mouth breathers then anyone can 1 v3....

If Maul has half a brain and doesn't get lolz stunned then Chewie is dead easily. With my Maul/Vader/Palp I literally HUNT Chewies now.
    Except you are just completely ignoring the saber stun. I dont really care about the roll changes but the saber stun is now ridiculous. A maxed out Chewie gets GG’d by a saber user fairly easily.

The stun lock is now the issue.

Honestly, you're just bad if you can't 1v1 anyone with Chewy at close to mid range. I can still 1v3 as Chewie. And while I don't like the saber stun, Chewbacca is 1000x worse with his Stun Grenade, as he can proceed to kill up to 2 heroes at max health while the stun is active and then focus the 3rd in a 1v1.
    Also linking to a maxed out Lando in GA shooting unaware troopers from a sniper position doesnt prove your point at all.

No, it proves a massive point. No saber hero has an instant kill on full health Heavies. None. The Saber Throws of Maul and Vader can kill a heavy on their own, but that requires both times for the blade to hit. Also, it requires far more skill - especially if the target is moving- to hit them at range. Meanwhile, Lando turns into McCree and uses his Ultimate Deadeye to annihilate enemies within range.

I'm sorry, bit here are a few things that prove you wrong. Let's assume that we are of equal skill level, that you are Maul, and I'm Chewie:
    1) I have the range advantage. If you try to approach me in anyway, I can easily shoot in the mere vicinity of you to deal explosive damage. So, while you try to cross the gap, I would be peppering you with damage, and, depending on the gap you have to cross, I may deal even more damage to you. Sure, if you wait, you can hide behind cover and heal up, but that gives me time to distance myself as well.

2) You managed to close the gap. Good for you. Now, you are within striking range. This is where Chewbacca is AMAZING, as he can easily out DPS anyone in the game (besides the WW). You go in for a swing, I unload my Bowcaster into your skull. I deal far more damage to you than you to me.

Ok, well, let's say you try to keep it safe and use your Saber Throw or Choke Hold. That's safe, right? Well, Furious Throw is telegraphed, allowing me to dodge roll out of the way. Choke Hold, not so much, so that will most likely connect and deal... what, 70 damage? So, after that, you then use a Spin Attack to close the gap and then hit me with some saber swings. For that, I get up after the first swing or prior, depending on how far I was thrown, and then throw a stun at the ground, turn on Furious Bowcaster, and shred you in 2-3 shots.

If you do another Spin Attack, then you are out of you main way to escape (unless you have the 3 charges with the corresponding Star Card), an I throw a Stun Grenade and Furious Bowcaster etc etc.

So, let's say you instead use your Furious Throw instead. That would be your best option, as you deal enough damage for me to not be able to recover it all. However, the same applies to you, as one I get up, I'll let off a couple of shots to scare you off, and possibly deal enough damage that you can't regenerate it all. This goes back to point 1)

So, as long as I have my Stun Grenade, you can't do much to me. However, let's say I am unfortunate enough to use it.

3) I am without my Stun Grenade. Now, you're probably thinking it is safe to engage, right? Just keep moving once you get in close, and hit me like a piranha, right? Wrong. Because I also have a second option; my Slam. If I jump just before using it, I can basically use Luke's Repulse, albeit with a longer delay. So, you get hit my that, which deal a considerable amount of damage, and then I hit you with some Bowcaster shots. You're at least at half health. It's basically over.

Not to mention I can use Slam as an escape tool, and there is a glitch you can use to be constantly running via Slam, though I will not say how to do it. And these are just a few scenarios.

So, tell me, how can you possibly win?

A Zig zagging Maul is pretty easy to shoot. And jumping is basically asking for me to throw a stun so, when you predictably land, your stunned and i kill you. Or, i just shoot you mid air with some vertical shots. Not that hard. Your best bet is to go between cover, and you didn't mention that.

I'm not going to just activate a FB for the lolz. You have to wait to use it at the right moment. And the right moment is when you are down via Stun Grenade/Slam. So done there.

"Chewbacca's standard bowcaster doesn't do enough damage to be a threat unless you alt fire it and can line me up vertically."

Are we playing the same game? Chewie can 2 shot Vader with purple health at point blank with headshots, 3 shot with body. Although this requires a fully charged shot. If I use FB, then they all are fully charged, however, and just spam them to get easy damage. You can 2 shot Maul very easily, and even if I don't use the full charge, that's still 3 shots at mid to close range. Not even a competition.

As for the Choke, that's really your only option, and it isn't impossible to get out of the stun lock. ****, I've BEEN doing it for the last few game just now. Also, for some reason, if you do the jump+slam, you can't be stunned by saber strikes. So, I just Slam to get you off me, throw Stun, and gg.

And easier with Vader? Yeah, easier for me to kill you. What is your low mobility and block gonna do for you? That actually hurts you more than anything. You have a FAR better chance with Maul than Vader. As you slowly approach, I do, what again, oh yeah, throw a Stun Grenade. GG.

But back to Maul, even if I do terrible and only manage to escape with 100hp, then I do the Ol' Stun and FB. GG.

And that's assuming I let you get close...
    If you are jumping around and you haven't been met with a little zap when you land, then those Chewie you've been facing are trash.

And yes, this all is assuming that we are in a vacuum, 1v1, fully fresh and starting up. If not? Then I have allies. You have allies. And the map can have a huge impact on how the fight will go.

However, for the majority of the time, in any given situation at close range, considering both sides are evenly matched, Chewie wins mid to close range. I'd say Boba, Iden, and Phasma can do well against Chewie, as they can say at range or fly around. Palpatine has to get pretty close, but can definitely win.

But Chewbacca counters saber heroes. Period.

you are talking like the roll has been remove completely,... but it doesn't it is just harder to time ..... And yes if you want to play a Blaster hero you have to be aware of everybody on the map if you want to survive ,... remember that you are competing against jedi knight/sith in star wars game where the light saber is the most exiting weapon in the universe,.... it can melt a metal door 1 foot large..... damn... do you ever listen to star wars stuff.... they all fear the jedi
  • I destroy yoda with kylo vader maul palps even iden he is the worst hero in HvV with a saber maybe even the worst all together.
  • Great original post @OOM19

clap.gif
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • JAREDUP wrote: »
    People crying Yoda sucks now, 1v1 against me while I'm Yoda and I'll show you he doesn't suck, a different technique is required now

maybe your technique is finding the most clueless player in the lobby who doesn't know how to play and engaging him when he's trying to figure out what all 3 of his abilities do.

A good technique, you are a master.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Well, since the roll has been nerfed, I feel that the saber stun should be reduced, at least against saber heroes. Also, if there is a saber hero who performs the dash, maybe the lock on of attacks is disabled? I'm unsure, because as of now, you can dodge a strike, but it is much more skill based than before.

However, for Yoda, his dodge is negated by the homing effect of the saber strike. So, as a remedy for this, Yoda should get a buff to his sidestep/dodge, so that it covers more ground. For all saber heroes, the using dodge covers slightly more ground faster than if you were to sprint it. However, the only exception to this is Yoda, as his covers hardly any ground and is just better if you were to just run instead. So, buff it to be the same distance covered as Luke or Maul, then he can actually fight properly.

I still feel like both Yoda and Maul should be able to block, but for now, they just need some dodging fixes. The stun could definitely use a reduction so it isn't a death sentence, or remove it entirely.
    Well for one I don't run RIGHT at you. I am dashing and zig zagging, along with a jump or two (no map is 100% open lets be real here). Stun Grenade throw is predictable, or I watch/listen for the cue that furious bowcaster is up. All easily avoidable.

The saber stun alone allows me to get you down to 100 health. You can't roll out of it and you can't magically THROW the grenade as you are getting hit. Choke throw, spin to close distance, dash behind, initiate saber lock. Maul is insanely fast and Chewbacca's standard bowcaster doesn't do enough damage to be a threat unless you alt fire it and can line me up vertically.

With a leveled up Vader it's even easier than Maul.

Of course these situations don't exist in a vacuum, you are assuming 100% 1:1 with all abilities off cool down, all health at full and a giant nice open sandbox to fight in. The stun lock IS a real thing. I have played Chewie/Han/FInn since day 1 and for DS Palp/Maul/Vader. All are maxed out purples and I can say that I have a MUCH harder time with any of my blaster heroes than before and usually it's because I get stunlocked into oblivion.
    Wish you were on Xbox so I could show you "how bad" I am. If they are mouth breathers then anyone can 1 v3....

If Maul has half a brain and doesn't get lolz stunned then Chewie is dead easily. With my Maul/Vader/Palp I literally HUNT Chewies now.
    Except you are just completely ignoring the saber stun. I dont really care about the roll changes but the saber stun is now ridiculous. A maxed out Chewie gets GG’d by a saber user fairly easily.

The stun lock is now the issue.

Honestly, you're just bad if you can't 1v1 anyone with Chewy at close to mid range. I can still 1v3 as Chewie. And while I don't like the saber stun, Chewbacca is 1000x worse with his Stun Grenade, as he can proceed to kill up to 2 heroes at max health while the stun is active and then focus the 3rd in a 1v1.
    Also linking to a maxed out Lando in GA shooting unaware troopers from a sniper position doesnt prove your point at all.

No, it proves a massive point. No saber hero has an instant kill on full health Heavies. None. The Saber Throws of Maul and Vader can kill a heavy on their own, but that requires both times for the blade to hit. Also, it requires far more skill - especially if the target is moving- to hit them at range. Meanwhile, Lando turns into McCree and uses his Ultimate Deadeye to annihilate enemies within range.

I'm sorry, bit here are a few things that prove you wrong. Let's assume that we are of equal skill level, that you are Maul, and I'm Chewie:
    1) I have the range advantage. If you try to approach me in anyway, I can easily shoot in the mere vicinity of you to deal explosive damage. So, while you try to cross the gap, I would be peppering you with damage, and, depending on the gap you have to cross, I may deal even more damage to you. Sure, if you wait, you can hide behind cover and heal up, but that gives me time to distance myself as well.

2) You managed to close the gap. Good for you. Now, you are within striking range. This is where Chewbacca is AMAZING, as he can easily out DPS anyone in the game (besides the WW). You go in for a swing, I unload my Bowcaster into your skull. I deal far more damage to you than you to me.

Ok, well, let's say you try to keep it safe and use your Saber Throw or Choke Hold. That's safe, right? Well, Furious Throw is telegraphed, allowing me to dodge roll out of the way. Choke Hold, not so much, so that will most likely connect and deal... what, 70 damage? So, after that, you then use a Spin Attack to close the gap and then hit me with some saber swings. For that, I get up after the first swing or prior, depending on how far I was thrown, and then throw a stun at the ground, turn on Furious Bowcaster, and shred you in 2-3 shots.

If you do another Spin Attack, then you are out of you main way to escape (unless you have the 3 charges with the corresponding Star Card), an I throw a Stun Grenade and Furious Bowcaster etc etc.

So, let's say you instead use your Furious Throw instead. That would be your best option, as you deal enough damage for me to not be able to recover it all. However, the same applies to you, as one I get up, I'll let off a couple of shots to scare you off, and possibly deal enough damage that you can't regenerate it all. This goes back to point 1)

So, as long as I have my Stun Grenade, you can't do much to me. However, let's say I am unfortunate enough to use it.

3) I am without my Stun Grenade. Now, you're probably thinking it is safe to engage, right? Just keep moving once you get in close, and hit me like a piranha, right? Wrong. Because I also have a second option; my Slam. If I jump just before using it, I can basically use Luke's Repulse, albeit with a longer delay. So, you get hit my that, which deal a considerable amount of damage, and then I hit you with some Bowcaster shots. You're at least at half health. It's basically over.

Not to mention I can use Slam as an escape tool, and there is a glitch you can use to be constantly running via Slam, though I will not say how to do it. And these are just a few scenarios.

So, tell me, how can you possibly win?

A Zig zagging Maul is pretty easy to shoot. And jumping is basically asking for me to throw a stun so, when you predictably land, your stunned and i kill you. Or, i just shoot you mid air with some vertical shots. Not that hard. Your best bet is to go between cover, and you didn't mention that.

I'm not going to just activate a FB for the lolz. You have to wait to use it at the right moment. And the right moment is when you are down via Stun Grenade/Slam. So done there.

"Chewbacca's standard bowcaster doesn't do enough damage to be a threat unless you alt fire it and can line me up vertically."

Are we playing the same game? Chewie can 2 shot Vader with purple health at point blank with headshots, 3 shot with body. Although this requires a fully charged shot. If I use FB, then they all are fully charged, however, and just spam them to get easy damage. You can 2 shot Maul very easily, and even if I don't use the full charge, that's still 3 shots at mid to close range. Not even a competition.

As for the Choke, that's really your only option, and it isn't impossible to get out of the stun lock. ****, I've BEEN doing it for the last few game just now. Also, for some reason, if you do the jump+slam, you can't be stunned by saber strikes. So, I just Slam to get you off me, throw Stun, and gg.

And easier with Vader? Yeah, easier for me to kill you. What is your low mobility and block gonna do for you? That actually hurts you more than anything. You have a FAR better chance with Maul than Vader. As you slowly approach, I do, what again, oh yeah, throw a Stun Grenade. GG.

But back to Maul, even if I do terrible and only manage to escape with 100hp, then I do the Ol' Stun and FB. GG.

And that's assuming I let you get close...
    If you are jumping around and you haven't been met with a little zap when you land, then those Chewie you've been facing are trash.

And yes, this all is assuming that we are in a vacuum, 1v1, fully fresh and starting up. If not? Then I have allies. You have allies. And the map can have a huge impact on how the fight will go.

However, for the majority of the time, in any given situation at close range, considering both sides are evenly matched, Chewie wins mid to close range. I'd say Boba, Iden, and Phasma can do well against Chewie, as they can say at range or fly around. Palpatine has to get pretty close, but can definitely win.

But Chewbacca counters saber heroes. Period.

you are talking like the roll has been remove completely,... but it doesn't it is just harder to time ..... And yes if you want to play a Blaster hero you have to be aware of everybody on the map if you want to survive ,... remember that you are competing against jedi knight/sith in star wars game where the light saber is the most exiting weapon in the universe,.... it can melt a metal door 1 foot large..... ****... do you ever listen to star wars stuff.... they all fear the jedi

If you are looking at what I'm saying, I want Saber Heroes to win in CQC. Hell, I wanted there to be a tier system, in which higher tier Heroes (such as Vader) would be far more powerful than lower tier Heroes (like Han), but higher tier Heroes cost far more.

Thing is, it's not balanced for HvV. So, Heroes are balanced around each other. However, my example with Chewbacca is that he is basically God in HvV. He is disgustingly good. Blaster heroes have their advantages, saber heroes have theirs. The thing is, the stun on their sabers is a little too good ATM, and needs a reduction.

And what your saying is that they are very powerful in canon. No, really? Thing is, they have to BALANCE it. Do you believe Han and Chewie could really do anything to Vader in canon? The answer is no. When Leia and Han were in an AT-AT and tried to crush him, Vader started to disassemble the AT-AT like it was nothing. So, without that, and just his pistol and a magically unlimited supply of Detonite Charges, you think he could even make Vader have to take out his saber? No, Han would die in less than a second. We saw in ESB were Vader uses Tutaminis to absorb his shot, swiftly disarm Han, and then ask the rebels I they would join them for a meal (being sarcastic).

So, I hoped I showed that I'm all for Saber Heroes having the advantage in CQC. However, the stun they inflict is a bit too much, and needs a reduction.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • "Time rolls" they said, except even with a perfectly timed roll they are already on you button mashing and guess what you can't even shoot because your character is having some kind of fit as he slowly dies
  • awakespace wrote: »
    I disagree with the premise in this thread - the dodge wasn't broken before - it just functioned in a particular way.

Just off the bat my sense is that they should keep infantry as is, put saber heroes back to where it was before, and put blaster heroes at about a 60/40% old/new.

I think it is interesting that many people here that like the new system haven't tried Yoda, who has become in my opinion broken even in 1v1 situations with other heroes.

I think the original saber hero style dodge was a great mechanic and added variety to this overly bare-bones saber combat system. Now saber combat is hold block and spam attack. Now if you are a saber hero and you are going against 2 or more saber opponents, you have no shot and will just get stun locked and die. I think a saber hero should be able to stay alive through evasion, yet at the same time know that if they attack, they open them self up to going down quickly - so they have to be very strategic. This allows longer style battles instead of 2 second intent death encounters.

I agree that stun lock is a problem, but I don't think removing it is all that is needed. Damage is accrued way too quickly now that there is no way out of taking damage in any situation except 1v1.

Blaster heroes also fall into the same difficulty having no counter once hit by a lightsaber. Here I think the window of invulnerability should be something like halfway between the original and 1.2.

Troopers are great where they are now - aside from the DC15LE issue

HvV is a mess now and zero fun. The only way to play is to stay with your team as a wave and have all saber users spam attack with the range hero hanging slightly back. If a team ever gets broken up then the other team has a chance to be the stay together wave attackers. It's really boring and all you can do when you are broken up with your team is try your best to get everyone back together, knowing that there is nothing else you can do.

I played HvV today specifically to test how this stun lock is breaking HvV. Played saber heroes, blaster heroes and Yoda. Based on what I experienced I think the dodge for blaster heroes is balanced. You can still dodge lightsaber swings if you time them correctly. And by doing that you force the opponent to waste attacks and give your team a chance to come and help you out. As for lightsaber vs lightsaber battles timing is still important and knowing when to attack him not just spamming your swings. Yes sometimes stun locks can be annoying if you are caught off guard. And facing more than one opponent is virtually impossible now at least one of them will stun lock you cuz you can't anticipate both of them at once. As for Yoda it's quite hard but still doable to evade lightsaber swings but again if you are facing more than one opponent you will die. Overall I think the dodging is fine but the staggering effect of the ligthsabers needs to be reduced a bit so that it can give you easier time dodging them when they start attacking you. So yeah right now you can't go alone cuz if you are faced with more than one opponent you're dead.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• U realize this roll nerf has made lightside utter garbage in HvV they only have 3 jedis rest blaster heros none of which have maneuverability like fett or bossk. they are useless in hvv now all it takes is for a saber user to get in range of u and you are done you get stun locked from saber hits cant use abilities you roll they auto lunge to u before u even are even done rolling don't matter if u time it right all lightsaber heros have to do is spam the hit button against blaster heros now and its gg. Rolling before actually required saber users to think and move with the target but everyone just wants to be able to spam there saber hit and get easy kills is all it comes down to. Before patch all u had to do was dash with them when they rolled and u would get hits on them it actually required skill now its dummy mode no skill required.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    csmason85 wrote: »
    U realize this roll nerf has made lightside utter garbage in HvV they only have 3 jedis rest blaster heros none of which have maneuverability like fett or bossk. they are useless in hvv now all it takes is for a saber user to get in range of u and you are done you get stun locked from saber hits cant use abilities you roll they auto lunge to u before u even are even done rolling don't matter if u time it right all lightsaber heros have to do is spam the hit button against blaster heros now and its gg. Rolling before actually required saber users to think and move with the target but everyone just wants to be able to spam there saber hit and get easy kills is all it comes down to. Before patch all u had to do was dash with them when they rolled and u would get hits on them it actually required skill now its dummy mode no skill required.

You'll doom us all!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png

OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • csmason85 wrote: »
    U realize this roll nerf has made lightside utter garbage in HvV they only have 3 jedis rest blaster heros none of which have maneuverability like fett or bossk. they are useless in hvv now all it takes is for a saber user to get in range of u and you are done you get stun locked from saber hits cant use abilities you roll they auto lunge to u before u even are even done rolling don't matter if u time it right all lightsaber heros have to do is spam the hit button against blaster heros now and its gg. Rolling before actually required saber users to think and move with the target but everyone just wants to be able to spam there saber hit and get easy kills is all it comes down to. Before patch all u had to do was dash with them when they rolled and u would get hits on them it actually required skill now its dummy mode no skill required.

All that needs to be fixed, is Yoda and Maul, before, Lando could kill Ren while using his frenzy, even though the the saber clipped through his body. Blaster heroes have more dps than all the Saber heroes, but Saber heroes are beast at close range. So stay away,
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited February 2018
    254jzi.gif
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

Nah, OP. How dare he suggest people should calm down... THIS IS THE INTERNET AND THIS IS SRS!
    For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• csmason85 wrote: »

Yep and were stuck in this garbage for at least 4 weeks.
  • Dash
    11637 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    F03hammer wrote: »
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

Nah, OP. How dare he suggest people should calm down... THIS IS THE INTERNET AND THIS IS SRS!
    For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

Lol the heck did I just watch!!! :lol:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Meguro
    355 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Well... Here's a situation where I was about to be staggered against a box by both Kylo and Maul, but "somehow" I've managed to escape. Minute 0.40
    P.S this video was made for a purpose, which has nothing to do with this thread, and also not to show you that specific situation. But if you'd like, I have plenty of them to prove that you can evade and be successful even on 1v1 with a blaster against a saber. And for the record, the dark side only went downhill during the course of this match.
  • Meguro wrote: »
    Well... Here's a situation where I was about to be staggered against a box by both Kylo and Maul, but "somehow" I've managed to escape. Minute 0.40
    P.S this video was made for a purpose, which has nothing to do with this thread, and also not to show you that specific situation. But if you'd like, I have plenty of them to prove that you can evade and be successful even on 1v1 with a blaster against a saber. And for the record, the dark side only went downhill during the course of this match.

That's blaster vs saber the issue is saber vs saber and let me tell you those kylo and maul players were not good at all they just ran away lol and your team was grouped up the whole time.
  • F03hammer
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

The INTERNET

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11637 posts Member
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

The INTERNET

Touché.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F03hammer
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

The INTERNET

Touché.

Qui a touché la fromage?
    @F03hammer a touché la fromage. .

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11637 posts Member
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

The INTERNET

Touché.

Qui a touché la fromage?

t5lk5kpm2u5q.gif

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• F03hammer
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

The INTERNET

Touché.

Qui a touché la fromage?

t5lk5kpm2u5q.gif

:lol:
    That show was awesome

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer wrote: »
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

The INTERNET

Touché.

Qui a touché la fromage?

t5lk5kpm2u5q.gif

:lol:
    That show was awesome

I have to ask, what is this conversation gone to. Everyone knows that Dexters lab is and forever will be a great show.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• JAREDUP wrote: »

If your on xbox add me and I will stomp you while your yoda my gt is my screen name on here.

Same, gt is name
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • So, maybe I could add y’all for Xbox? I would like a good group to run with.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Dash
    11637 posts Member
    So, maybe I could add y’all for Xbox? I would like a good group to run with.

Y’all need to play on PC with me!!! We would have an awesome time and chatting on discord lol!!! :blush:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• GenxDarchi wrote: »

Y’all need to play on PC with me!!! We would have an awesome time and chatting on discord lol!!! :blush:

Yeah, but I would need an actual PC setup, and that is not viable for rn :D Either way, it would be fun, but the only thing my computer can run is SWTOR, which became a bit too casual to me.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

That's blaster vs saber the issue is saber vs saber and let me tell you those kylo and maul players were not good at all they just ran away lol and your team was grouped up the whole time.
    Oh, saber vs saber is the issue now? Funny you mentioned that blaster heroes were garbage. But if the problem is that I've got plenty of those too. I'm not even gonna comment on the what you said after because you may come up with more excuses and I don't really want to feed the trolls.

• Finn video doesnt show them stunlocking you once. The Kylo frenzies but jumps off of you. The Maul spin attacked you which doesnt initiate a stun. So video is kind of pointless. But decent Finn play though!

I played with Joey for a bit and for the record we never had a Yoda solo his Kylo lol.

ShizzyCamaro on xbox

Meguro wrote: »

• GenxDarchi wrote: »

Yeah, but I would need an actual PC setup, and that is not viable for rn :D Either way, it would be fun, but the only thing my computer can run is SWTOR, which became a bit too casual to me.

Feel free to add me man, I play daily.

Oh, saber vs saber is the issue now? Funny you mentioned that blaster heroes were garbage. But if the problem is that I've got plenty of those too. I'm not even gonna comment on the what you said after because you may come up with more excuses and I don't really want to feed the trolls.

I see no trolls, and you must just like mashing one button to win. I can not help that's fun for you.

I see no trolls, and you must just like mashing one button to win. I can not help that's fun for you.
    Damn, you caught me, I love it! B)

• MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

Was about to say that. :lol: @F03hammer's editing always cracks me up lol.

The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Finn video doesnt show them stunlocking you once. The Kylo frenzies but jumps off of you. The Maul spin attacked you which doesnt initiate a stun. So video is kind of pointless. But decent Finn play though!

I played with Joey for a bit and for the record we never had a Yoda solo his Kylo lol.

ShizzyCamaro on xbox

It doesn't show them stunlocking me because I evaded their saber swings. Maul trew his saber and it missed, then he spinned and he also missed, then he tried to go for a stagger, didn't happen because I rolled. But if you're trying to say that you can't evade or even block (with a lightsaber hero) when you are staggered I can also prove you wrong.

• F03hammer

Feel free :smile:
    My GT is in my signature

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer
    254jzi.gif
    HOW DARE YOU!

Who, me?

For the SRS
    @t3hBar0n

Was about to say that. :lol: @F03hammer's editing always cracks me up lol.

Thanks Broda!
    It means alot :grin:

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• OOM19 wrote: »
    To anyone who doubts that absolute insane power of Blaster Heroes when used Correctly

Please watch the opening 5 seconds of this video

That is all

The real issue is that the developers are caught between balancing heroes for the two game modes, pleasing no one.

To ever hope to address this the developers either need to have separate roll attributes for Infantry and Heroes, or introduce game mode specific attribute profiles for each Hero.

With respect, you opening on HvV and then showing a GA clip to enforce your point only confuses the issue.

Lando is great in GA but the roll nerf in 1.2 has severely reduced his survivability in HvV
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    To anyone who doubts that absolute insane power of Blaster Heroes when used Correctly

That is all

The real issue is that the developers are caught between balancing heroes for the two game modes, pleasing no one.

To ever hope to address this the developers either need to have separate roll attributes for Infantry and Heroes, or introduce game mode specific attribute profiles for each Hero.

With respect, you opening on HvV and then showing a GA clip to enforce your point only confuses the issue.

Lando is great in GA but the roll nerf in 1.2 has severely reduced his survivability in HvV

I mean with this being a AAA game you'd think they would be able to adjust each character in every aspect in every mode, but not dice, EA, or battlefront lol.
  • Nerds!
  • F03hammer
    Nerds!

intro-1507658461.jpg

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• They should rather remove the lightsaber staggerlock.

It is even annoying in saber v saber.

Instead of bringing a basically broken roll mechanic back.
  • I agree i literally have not had a problem with the balance of this game the entire time. Even through these 1st updates. Seems fibe to me everytime i play.
  • Ok, I have just tested HvV again for a few hours. I used Phasma and Yoda at least 3 times each, as well as Darth Maul, Lando, and Han.

My conclusion: there is nothing wrong with the roll, saber lock, and especially nothing wrong with Yoda. HvV is not broken and you are not guaranteed a loss as the heroes.

Yoda hits HARD with his regular strike. I used the dash attack both offensively and defensively. I only died when ganged up on.

As a blaster hero, I got out of close range encounters by rolling to the side. Yes, I got damaged, but that is expected when in saber range. If I tried only rolling backwards or activating an ability while getting attacked, then I was too stunned to do anything. I was rarely so stunned that I couldn’t roll to the side or fire back.

I have to disagree about patch 1.2 doing anything bad to HvV. Everyone now seems to be strong where they should be and weak where they should be. Before the patch, this was not the case. Blaster heroes had nothing to fear no matter where they were in relation to a sith, now they have to be wary of close encounters and move strategically, as they rightfully should.

• greedo1980 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »

That is all

I mean with this being a AAA game you'd think they would be able to adjust each character in every aspect in every mode, but not dice, EA, or battlefront lol.

It is pretty amazing

They actually said they didn't want to give Maul and Yoda saber blocking so that they would have different gameplay and defensive styles - but that means they should very well have different defensive moves

Amazing that the can only make blanket changes and not create nuance
  • If you guys really prefer these 3 - 5 second battles to the 10 - 30 second battles we had before 1.2, that is your right

I really like the battles taking a bit more time - with more strategy involved - working for your hits - having more defensive options - and feeling like there is a bit of a dance before someone wins
  • I also like having some chance of coming out on top in 2v1 situations - now that is also gone
  • Ok, I have just tested HvV again for a few hours. I used Phasma and Yoda at least 3 times each, as well as Darth Maul, Lando, and Han.

My conclusion: there is nothing wrong with the roll, saber lock, and especially nothing wrong with Yoda. HvV is not broken and you are not guaranteed a loss as the heroes.

Yoda hits HARD with his regular strike. I used the dash attack both offensively and defensively. I only died when ganged up on.

As a blaster hero, I got out of close range encounters by rolling to the side. Yes, I got damaged, but that is expected when in saber range. If I tried only rolling backwards or activating an ability while getting attacked, then I was too stunned to do anything. I was rarely so stunned that I couldn’t roll to the side or fire back.

I have to disagree about patch 1.2 doing anything bad to HvV. Everyone now seems to be strong where they should be and weak where they should be. Before the patch, this was not the case. Blaster heroes had nothing to fear no matter where they were in relation to a sith, now they have to be wary of close encounters and move strategically, as they rightfully should.

So your saying if your way more skilled than 2 other hero's you shouldn't win because before yoda if the player using him was a better skilled player he could 1v2 1v3 or even 1v4 the other team as it should be all I can say is anyone that thinks a button mash fest is ok then of course you love the new patch and love 1v1ing and maybe living with 10% health or getting killed regardless of skill level.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The change was perfect for GA, scrubs can no longer roll spam maul, vader, etc, and have their buddies show up to wreck you. Now in HvV some are rejoicing because their K:D saw a slight bump as now saber Heroes can easily wreck most blaster Heroes better than ever before. Yoda is just obsolete now.

Needs to be reverted back for Heroes specifically.

This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • The change was perfect for GA, scrubs can no longer roll spam maul, vader, etc, and have their buddies show up to wreck you. Now in HvV some are rejoicing because their K:D saw a slight bump as now saber Heroes can easily wreck most blaster Heroes better than ever before. Yoda is just obsolete now.

Needs to be reverted back for Heroes specifically.

Yep button mashers are getting a few more kills, so they love the change, even tho they still die just as much or more, and blaster hero's are pretty bad in HvV now and the thing is the map is small they can only stay so far away, saber combat is ruined. Zero skill needed.
  • Light side needs more tweaks for hvv dark side has the superior kits and composition for the mode.
  • Man nobody can be satisfied. I mostly like to use lightsaber Heroes and Darth Vader is my favorite. So obvously, yes I am very pleased and satisfied with the roll/dodge nerf. However I understand that people who like to use blaster heroes and like to main them are really frustrated with the new patch nerf to rolling. I really don't want them to bring back the old rolling system as i thought it was really broken. Maybe a better match making system needs to be in next patch. But I believe blaster heroes should be at a big disadvantage against lightsaber heroes AT Close quarters. Being a lightsaber hero and a blaster hero shouldn't be played the same, you need to be more strategic with a blaster hero and i still see the lightside winning matches in HvV and Blaster heroes getting the best of lightsaber heroes even after the patch with good roll timing and anticipation on when the attack will come. Yes Darkside might have a slight advantage at the moment but I dont think it is as big as people think it is.