criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Battlefront I. vs. Battlefront II

Ninja_Jake88
11 posts Member
edited February 2018
Battlefront II is a waste of money and time.....The gameplay is a lot slower then Battlefront I..... all player movements are slower.... also not having the jet pack sucks... I'd spend a lot of time running to the action because of the ridiculous spawn points... the player spawning is so messed up. The heros in Battlefront II have been nerfed, compared to Battlefront I, but they ruin the game... people become the hero and then sit back and camp.... why are the heros with guns tougher??? Also, why is there no 20 vs 20 game modes without heros????The whole crate system sucks..... the battlefront I credit system was perfect... you could choose what guns to buy with your credits along with customizing your own hand layouts....even the hutt contracts were cool.... the only think that i like more in battlefront II is the graphics.....I'm interested in seeing other opinions
Post edited by Ninja_Jake88 on

Replies

• I want to like Battlefront II, but I can't. I'll be honest, I'm completely useless at the game. I got it on launch but due to a heavy workload, last year, I've only just started playing it on a daily basis and I feel the reward system has put me in a place where it's practically impossible to catch up. Toe to toe with anyone I feel like I'm pumping rounds into them and doing nothing while they reply with a single, fatal shot from a suped up weapon that I can't own. Weapons and upgrades only unlock with kills which I can't get with my peashooter, credits are slow to earn when my average score is a tenth of the round leaders.

In Battlefront I could play to my strengths, concentrate on the Hutt Contracts that got me the kit I wanted, earn more credits by selecting game modes and maps I was better at to develop my skills and become a better player. I can't even farm credits in the starfighter modes (I'm a way better pilot than I am FPS player) as the same issues carry into the flight levels; upgraded ships kill faster and get the scores required for hero ships first. in BF I had an equal chance to get a hero token and spawn as a vehicle or hero, in BFII I have almost no chance of earning sufficient battlepoints to play with fun stuff and when I do, it's never available,

Don't like mixed era assets - it ruins the sense of being in the Star Wars universe - two Falcons in the SAME place?
    Don't like the revised Star Card system - too few equipment choices and upgrades are too difficult to achieve.
    Don't like that you can't choose a map.
    Don't like the hero graphics - the likenesses for original trilogy heroes are just terrible.
    Don't like the revisions to vehicle target acquisition and locking.

In Battlefront I was consistently near the top of the leaderboard, it was a joyful experience.
    In Battlefront II I bounce around at the bottom of the leaderboard, I'm having a miserable experience and I don't know how to make it better.

• Battlefront II is a waste of money and time.....The gameplay is a lot slower then Battlefront I..... all player movements are slower.... also not having the jet pack sucks... I'd spend a lot of time running to the action because of the ridiculous spawn points... the player spawning is so messed up. The heros in Battlefront II have been nerfed, compared to Battlefront I, but they ruin the game... people become the hero and then sit back and camp.... why are the heros with guns tougher??? Also, why is there no 20 vs 20 game modes without heros????The whole crate system sucks..... the battlefront I credit system was perfect... you could choose what guns to buy with your credits along with customizing your own hand layouts....even the hutt contracts were cool.... the only think that i like more in battlefront II is the graphics.....I'm interested in seeing other opinions
    Battlefront II is a waste of money and time.....The gameplay is a lot slower then Battlefront I..... all player movements are slower.... also not having the jet pack sucks... I'd spend a lot of time running to the action because of the ridiculous spawn points... the player spawning is so messed up. The heros in Battlefront II have been nerfed, compared to Battlefront I, but they ruin the game... people become the hero and then sit back and camp.... why are the heros with guns tougher??? Also, why is there no 20 vs 20 game modes without heros????The whole crate system sucks..... the battlefront I credit system was perfect... you could choose what guns to buy with your credits along with customizing your own hand layouts....even the hutt contracts were cool.... the only think that i like more in battlefront II is the graphics.....I'm interested in seeing other opinions

Bro I agree with everything they need to bring back the hero symbols and all of the turret tokens on the ground!

I LIKE PANTS
  • Sorry didn’t mean to quote you 4 times even though I loved what you said lol.
    I LIKE PANTS
  • i am not going to defend battlefront 2 i have to say battlefront 2015 is way better wheres the customization in battlefront 2 there needs to be better ways to earn credits and starcards.
  • I would say Choose BF1, because BF2 has sooo many Aimbot Hackers
  • No, not one bit.
  • Jonny_Chaos
    306 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I played SWBF2 for a bit waiting for stats, thinking they were coming. Then after constantly being blanked from all the EA social networks asking for a simple answer about the game, I finally after about 3 patches decided to give it up because i don't see the point in playing a competitive game if you don't know how you're performing. I enjoyed SWBF1, it was quite limited but it was fun. I preferred the mechanics and more of my mates played it so it was more fun socially.

With SWBF2 we were told it had a lot more depth and content. Absolute load of rubbish. I quit playing months ago but i logged in tonight just because i've just upgraded my PS4 to a pro after getting VR (another point to SWBF1 for the fantastic x-wing mission add on for VR users). I wanted to check it out on my new 4k monitor. Must admit I was blown away with how great it looked, but it would have been this way since launch if i'd had the hardware. I just laughed to myself when i saw that there's still no tracking or stats to see how well you're performing, overall. The same handful of weapons are there, not even any new attachments, no skins, it just felt like the same boring, pointless game I was playing around Xmas. I will now put it away for good, I did hold out and give it chance but it's just failed. I really hope they don't go down a similar path with the stats for the next Battlefield, considering it's the same company. I will definitely make sure I find out before I buy it though because if i'd known they were never going to add them i wouldn't have bothered with it at all. It's just something I've grown accustomed to, it's like a no brainer in FPS shooters that you will have stats in there but they never bothered to put them in, and the fact they couldn't even tell me a simple yes or no is a joke. When you buy something form a company the least they owe you is a few simple answers about the product. I might resintall SWBF1 actually. Still sounds like it's highly populated. SWBF2 for me felt sluggish and clunky at beta, the mechanics improved when the game came out but it still felt sloowwww. I had a big issue with the TTK as well, it just takes so long to kil anyone woth a lot of the guns. Thanksfully i found a few that did it in a reasonable time like the A280 but i just found myself only using that cos everything else felt pointless. Heavy class guns are AWFUL.
  • I played SWBF2 for a bit waiting for stats, thinking they were coming. Then after constantly being blanked from all the EA social networks asking for a simple answer about the game, I finally after about 3 patches decided to give it up because i don't see the point in playing a competitive game if you don't know how you're performing. I enjoyed SWBF1, it was quite limited but it was fun. I preferred the mechanics and more of my mates played it so it was more fun socially.

With SWBF2 we were told it had a lot more depth and content. Absolute load of rubbish. I quit playing months ago but i logged in tonight just because i've just upgraded my PS4 to a pro after getting VR (another point to SWBF1 for the fantastic x-wing mission add on for VR users). I wanted to check it out on my new 4k monitor. Must admit I was blown away with how great it looked, but it would have been this way since launch if i'd had the hardware. I just laughed to myself when i saw that there's still no tracking or stats to see how well you're performing, overall. The same handful of weapons are there, not even any new attachments, no skins, it just felt like the same boring, pointless game I was playing around Xmas. I will now put it away for good, I did hold out and give it chance but it's just failed. I really hope they don't go down a similar path with the stats for the next Battlefield, considering it's the same company. I will definitely make sure I find out before I buy it though because if i'd known they were never going to add them i wouldn't have bothered with it at all. It's just something I've grown accustomed to, it's like a no brainer in FPS shooters that you will have stats in there but they never bothered to put them in, and the fact they couldn't even tell me a simple yes or no is a joke. When you buy something form a company the least they owe you is a few simple answers about the product. I might resintall SWBF1 actually. Still sounds like it's highly populated. SWBF2 for me felt sluggish and clunky at beta, the mechanics improved when the game came out but it still felt sloowwww. I had a big issue with the TTK as well, it just takes so long to kil anyone woth a lot of the guns. Thanksfully i found a few that did it in a reasonable time like the A280 but i just found myself only using that cos everything else felt pointless. Heavy class guns are AWFUL.

Felt the same about SWBF2....

As a result, I completely stopped playing SWBF2 but I am still playing SWBF1almost everyday....having a blast playing WA and Outer Rim DLC in particular.
  • I played SWBF2 for a bit waiting for stats, thinking they were coming. Then after constantly being blanked from all the EA social networks asking for a simple answer about the game, I finally after about 3 patches decided to give it up because i don't see the point in playing a competitive game if you don't know how you're performing. I enjoyed SWBF1, it was quite limited but it was fun. I preferred the mechanics and more of my mates played it so it was more fun socially.

Felt the same about SWBF2...

Asa result, I stopped playing SWBF2 awhile ago but I am still playing SWBF1 almost everyday...having a blast playing it as well after more than two years now, especially WA and Outer Rim DLC.
  • ymt190e wrote: »
    Felt the same about SWBF2...

Asa result, I stopped playing SWBF2 awhile ago but I am still playing SWBF1 almost everyday...having a blast playing it as well after more than two years now, especially WA and Outer Rim DLC.

I'll install it now and have a game later. Been a long time since i played it.
  • I want to like Battlefront II, but I can't. I'll be honest, I'm completely useless at the game. I got it on launch but due to a heavy workload, last year, I've only just started playing it on a daily basis and I feel the reward system has put me in a place where it's practically impossible to catch up. Toe to toe with anyone I feel like I'm pumping rounds into them and doing nothing while they reply with a single, fatal shot from a suped up weapon that I can't own. Weapons and upgrades only unlock with kills which I can't get with my peashooter, credits are slow to earn when my average score is a tenth of the round leaders.

In Battlefront I could play to my strengths, concentrate on the Hutt Contracts that got me the kit I wanted, earn more credits by selecting game modes and maps I was better at to develop my skills and become a better player. I can't even farm credits in the starfighter modes (I'm a way better pilot than I am FPS player) as the same issues carry into the flight levels; upgraded ships kill faster and get the scores required for hero ships first. in BF I had an equal chance to get a hero token and spawn as a vehicle or hero, in BFII I have almost no chance of earning sufficient battlepoints to play with fun stuff and when I do, it's never available,

Don't like mixed era assets - it ruins the sense of being in the Star Wars universe - two Falcons in the SAME place?
    Don't like the revised Star Card system - too few equipment choices and upgrades are too difficult to achieve.
    Don't like that you can't choose a map.
    Don't like the hero graphics - the likenesses for original trilogy heroes are just terrible.
    Don't like the revisions to vehicle target acquisition and locking.

In Battlefront I was consistently near the top of the leaderboard, it was a joyful experience.
    In Battlefront II I bounce around at the bottom of the leaderboard, I'm having a miserable experience and I don't know how to make it better.

You should get the elite trooper edition. Thank me later ;)
  • Iliya
    109 posts Member
    There is no point to compare Garbage to Trash...
  • Battlefront II is a waste of money and time.....The gameplay is a lot slower then Battlefront I..... all player movements are slower.... also not having the jet pack sucks... I'd spend a lot of time running to the action because of the ridiculous spawn points... the player spawning is so messed up. The heros in Battlefront II have been nerfed, compared to Battlefront I, but they ruin the game... people become the hero and then sit back and camp.... why are the heros with guns tougher??? Also, why is there no 20 vs 20 game modes without heros????The whole crate system sucks..... the battlefront I credit system was perfect... you could choose what guns to buy with your credits along with customizing your own hand layouts....even the hutt contracts were cool.... the only think that i like more in battlefront II is the graphics.....I'm interested in seeing other opinions

Well said! Well said! Agree 100%
    They messed up all the controls also! Not a big deal since you can key bind, but still why did they do that?
    Battlefront 1 mechanics were better it just lacked content, but the game played nice!
    The progression in Battlefront 2 is horrible!
    The icon drops for weapons and heroes in battlefront 1 was a much better system than in 2! Now you have to play well just to earn them! Not a good sales strategy in my opinion. Everyone should be able to enjoy hero play in conquest mode and get good weapons not just the high score guys!

All they had to do was copy battlefront 1 (Graphically upgraded of course) and add a lot more content. That is what players were complaining about! But they just changed everything! I mean everything!
    what a waste!
  • YODA100
    1067 posts Member
    BF1 is $hit! Too many narbs flying with jetpack. The only non $hitty thing is that you have more options in BF , like the many blasters you could use.
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    The last game had better sounds, better announcers, better modes, the way they did the graphics it was easier to see, and better map design.

This game has better hero play and better fighter controls.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• The first one was miles ahead of this noobtube we have now, better in every way except for the scrubs that didn’t have the crutches of bf2.
  • Iliya wrote: »
    There is no point to compare Garbage to Trash...

Well said.
  • SWBF2 is conceptually far better that SWBF. The problem of SWBF2 is the support.
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Bf1 was much more enjoyable than this one

Especially walker assault & bf15 HvV, great mode that was, then they go and change it to its current button smashing mess